[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can his career rebound?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: 1467961324374[1].jpg (587 KB, 2206x953) Image search: [Google]
1467961324374[1].jpg
587 KB, 2206x953
Can his career rebound?
>>
>>14466012
Maybe. If Red Ash turns out to be God's gift to gaming, perhaps his sins can be redeemed. But I sure wouldn't put any money on it.
>>
>>14466015
>But I sure wouldn't put any money on it.
Wasn't Red Ash already founded by some chinese company even before the KS failed?
>>
>>14466012

He can't. Iga is already making him look like a bufoon. Won't be suprized if Iga's new company buys Comcept in a few years.
>>
>>14466022
THANK YOU IGA MAN
>>
>>14466022
Shit, Iga is pretty handsome THANK YOU IGA MAN
>>
>>14466022
Thank you Iga man
>>
>>14466022
DID SAHMBAHDY SEI BAMUPYAR HANTAH?
>>
>>14466012
no, he'll end up signing autographs at US conventions after MS throws him out on his ass when he's worthless
but hey, signing at cons for the rest of you life is better than nothing
>>
>>14466022
>shamelessly rip off of his own work
>it pays dividends

Man I dunno whether I wanna call Igarashi a genius or a hack.

Maybe he's both.

But fuck me, it's working.
>>
>>14466395

People wanted another metroidvania. He is devliering. Bloodstained looks like one of the NDS Castlevanias in 3D. After a few successful games, he might branch out.

He says he's just very happy to be making games again. He was doing all sorts of nonsense in mobile for years that he hated.
>>
File: 1467795953572.png (43 KB, 288x160) Image search: [Google]
1467795953572.png
43 KB, 288x160
>>14466395
He wanted to make another Castlevania, everybody wanted him to make another Castlevania, so he makes not-Castlevania and everybody is happy and he's got the money to diversify later after this project.

Besides, successful Kickstarters have always had a strong foundation in "it's that thing you like, but new".
>>
>>14466395
making a good follow-up of the stuff you made for somebody else is a common enough thing, like when Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan started making their own movies

the trick is doing a good one and proving you were the key player and not shitting all over everything and proving that you were the chump who stood there while people did stuff
>>
>>14466402
It's literally Dawn/Aria of Sorrow though.
With two extra soul categories.
>>
>>14466412

It's the Soul system from Aria. With the character from Order. With the movement of Symphony. It's a mashup.

I wish he had used the system in Order, since it's my favorite. MP acts like a stamina bar. Super weapons use Hearts.
>>
>>14466421
Same, games are always better with some sort of cancelling system and Order was attack cancelling out the asshole AND IT WAS GLORIOUS.

Also I don't see how it's purely Symphony movement, when that movement has defined the franchise from Symphony onward.

Actually if I recall right from my time playing Symphony, that game didn't actually have backdash cancelling, so that just tilts stuff more towards Aria.

If anything, Symphony exists in callback form with the Familiar crystal category.
>>
>>14466429
>Also I don't see how it's purely Symphony movement, when that movement has defined the franchise from Symphony onward.

There's a video on youtube, with a Japanese title so I can't find it, and it's 1:1 copying the same speed. Later games are a bit faster.
>>
>>14466434
Eh fine I'll accept that.

But I still think it's kinda dumb.

Also I'm still kinda mad at the prospect that porting to the 3DS, not even as a New-exclusive, doesn't seem to be a thing at all. I mean shit, I'd pay a premium if it would finance redoing all the 3D models as sprites so that the game could run at an acceptable framerate on a 3DS, on top of migrating from UE4 to some custom engine solution. Weak hardware has never stopped game development, and heavy platform optimization can achieve miraculous results.
>>
Inafune is moving forward with a Mighty No. 9 sequel regardless.

We'll see if Inafune with something to prove ends up being any better than the Inafune that was resting on his laurels and promising things he didn't know how to deliver.

It probably won't end well.
>>
>>14466467
Trying to port to every system under the sun is a heavy contributor to why MN0 is graphically ass, let's not repeat that.
>>
>>14466507
>Inafune is moving forward with a Mighty No. 9 sequel regardless.

He said that right after release. Who knows if it'll happen. Who's going to fund it?

>We'll see if Inafune with something to prove ends up being any better than the Inafune that was resting on his laurels and promising things he didn't know how to deliver.

Inafune is kind of a hack and has no idea what makes a game good. Decent artist, but that's it. He really shouldn't be a producer or a CEO. He only got to that position through luck and seniority.
>>
>>14466507
it's just another money laundering scheme
he gets money, "pays" his cronies, then they throw it all around to get that sweet scamdollars.
>>
>>14466012
No, his reputation is shot to shit. Nobody will ever trust this businessman ever again. History will now show that Capcom was the winner, and Inafune, the loser.
>>
File: whoahoho.jpg (89 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
whoahoho.jpg
89 KB, 540x720
Do you want him to rebound? Do you enjoy playing Megaman for the 100th time so much you'd gamble your money away?
>>
>>14466508
I actually didn't say it should be part of a targeted simultaneous release (considering that the WiiU and Vita ports have as a prerequisite the challenge of "add support for these platforms without Epic's help," adding yet another UE4-unsupported platform to the dev cycle would be a strain on resources).

My intent was to express frustration at the fact that it doesn't even seem to be a possibility even after they're done with the agreed upon platforms.
>>
He was a fucking greedy dumbass. I mean trying to start a franchise as quickly as possible? A Megaman game then a Legends game while the first game isn't out?
>>
>>14466536
After this debacle, no. If I want to play Mega Man, I'll play what's available. And I learned (the hard way) if I want to play Mega Man, I want the real deal, not a knockoff. Unless that knock off is already made and is actually good.
>>
>>14466012
Only if he can prove himself by making his next projects up to expectations, and I actually want him to. It's just a shame the the MN9 project had to be the one where his ambitiousness screwed him over but that was inevitable after the his rise in power and successes went to his head by the end of his career at Capcom.

Note: I have not played the game yet, but it looks to play as well or close to the quality of Gunvolt. And, I can already say a few improvements and suggestions based on observations and complaints: Going back to art asset for emotes, no VA for price, no versus so more development goes into refinement, a crafting system that involves basically kill three of these to fire bullet that pass through enemies, timer reset items, collectables (did not see them), Special enemies that give a level or section only sub-weapon, start with the Playstation for a release and gradually expand with ports if popular, try the toon-shader (look t Guilty Gear Xrd sign), use yellow and brown explosions, and they should just make their current assets prettier (I think this would be cheaper). Some of which I could say about Gunvolt too, but the list I had was shorter due to it being conservative by using sprites. 3D is just a different beast and 2.5 3d works have problems with everything blending into one another with little in the way of clear distinctions...
>>
>>14466012

>During a livestream of the game on twitch.tv for the release of the game, translator Ben Judd stated “But, again, we can hope that if things go well, there'll be sequels. Because I'll tell you what, I'm not getting my 2D side-scrolling fill. And at the end of the day, even if it's not perfect, it's better than nothing. At least, that's my opinion.”[58] Later during the same stream Keiji Inafune stated: "I own all the problems that came with this game and if you want to hurl insults at me, it's totally my fault. I'm the key creator. I will own that responsibility."[59]
>>
>>14467423
>"I own all the problems that came with this game and if you want to hurl insults at me, it's totally my fault. I'm the key creator. I will own that responsibility. No refunds."[59]
>>
People say "muh level design" when criticizing MN9 but it's not just level design. It's the mechanics. It has shitty mechanics. Dash2win everything. In spite of such, it comes out as really plain, repetitive, and not very novel. It's just a Megaman game at the core rebranded with dashing. And the fans, the backers, WANTED that. And they think better level design alone would fix that. No, that would just be putting whip cream on a turd cake. It still has the taste of shit in there.
>>
>>14466536
>>14466720
Also, reminder that fan games exist. Hell, it's how Capcom managed to distribute a Megaman/Street Fighter crossover.
>>
People say "muh level design" when criticizing MN9 but it's not just level design. It's the mechanics. It has shitty mechanics. Dash2win everything. In spite of such, it comes out as really plain, repetitive, and not very novel. It's just a Megaman game at the core rebranded with dashing. And the fans, the backers, WANTED that. And they think better level design alone would fix that. No, that would just be putting whip cream on a turd cake. It still has the taste of shit in there.
>>
This wouldn't be the first time his ego got the best of him. IIRC, RE2 was huge, but when legends sold like shit, he ate shit for it. He didn't do this to be a dick like everyone screaming "conman" thinks, so I'm willing to forgive and forget if he does it right next time.
>>
Translation of Inafune's Japanese Wikipedia page:

> Ine boat King II (いいna-fu ne ke ji, May 8, 1965 -) is a Japanese game creators, character designer. Comcept and Intercept Corporation Executive Director. In Chinese circles is often mistakenly referred to as the father of Mega Man, Keiji Inafune, but in fact in the early generation of Mega Man game in charge of only the character set (while the real "father of Mega Man" is the AK (Kitamura Ling) instead of Keiji Inafune ), this Canard source has not test.
>>
>>14467807
That's how I feel. There was no ill intent. He was just legitimately incompetent.
>>
>>14467912

>He's not a bad guy he's just a moron.

He wasted 3 years of a bunch of people's time and money.
>>
>>14467914
It's not like it was the first time something like this happened with him. He blew millions of dollars on Kaio which ended up getting cancelled because the publisher had enough of his shit.

He is legitimately a moron who shouldn't be the head of a company.
>>
>>14467925

What exactly happened with Kaoi?
>>
>>14466402
>He was doing all sorts of nonsense in mobile for years that he hated.

Was he really stuck doing mobage? Was it under Konami?
>>
>>14467927
Generally the same thing as MN9 with constant delays.

Unlike Kickstarter though it had a publisher, Marvelous, and they pulled the plug when they got tired of shoveling money into a pit over the course of several years for a 3DS game nobody was probably going to buy anyway.
>>
>>14467807
>RE2
For some reason, zombie games are the only things that become gangbusters when he's involved directly, given Dead Rising.
>in before he tries to do one before he's blacklisted forever
>>
>>14467807
>>14467983

>Resident Evil 2 — Promotion Producer

ie he didn't make it, just help market it.

Stop confuisng producers for directors. This happens every single Inafune thread. He didn't make anything, and never has.

For MN9, he hired Inti-Creates to make it. His direct contributions were designs and story. That's it. But he did specify it should be on every platform, and all the other design flaws, and Inti did their best within those constraints (which is not very well). No one on the team knew how to use UE3, and support for it just ended.
>>
Not everyone that breaks away from Capcom will still make good games like Kamiya did.
>>
>>14466412
>It's literally Dawn/Aria of Sorrow though.

yeah but that's basically what the people who backed him wanted. So unlike conman you can't say he's not delivering what he promised. It's very much a proper spiritual successor

>>14466421
>I wish he had used the system in Order, since it's my favorite

you and me are nigs
>>
>>14470374
>hire a studio known for mostly sprite games
>have them use a 3D based engine with bare bones support for 2D
>have them just use 3D instead of 2D

He's a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1465099976802.png (163 KB, 307x339) Image search: [Google]
1465099976802.png
163 KB, 307x339
>>14470429
>like Kamiya did
>>
So far, Inafune's track record is pretty bad after leaving Capcom.

>MN9

Everyone knows this one.

>Kaio: King of Pirates

Is an even bigger disaster, since that one was cancelled. 4 years of development with nothing to show for it, and 3.8 million USD wasted.

You have these two major bombs hovering over Inafune. Publishers are going to be very wary of giving this guy money. This might be why he's getting money from naive Chinamen now.

The only games that seem to have any success with Comcept are ones that are developed by other people, with Comcept only doing desinging.

It's very possible that Red Ash is going to suffer the same fate as Kaoi and MN9. This guy just doesn't seem to know how to handle projects at all. And he doens't know gameplay at all. Bad businessman, bad producer, decent artist. Not really much going for him. I just don't see his career getting better after this. He needs Red Ash and ReCore to be huge successes.
>>
>>14470558
>You have these two major bombs hovering over Inafune. Publishers are going to be very wary of giving this guy money.

I can't even see kickstarter working anymore. I mean Im sure there are fanboys willing to buy into the whole "He learned his lesson and is sorry shit" there always is. Like battered housewives they are. But not enough to really fund a project
>>
File: asadanakaris.png (83 KB, 448x400) Image search: [Google]
asadanakaris.png
83 KB, 448x400
>tfw Kimo Kimo left Capcom to go work with this guy on Mighty No 9
>>
>>14470542

You didn't like W101?
>>
>>14470621

He tried 3 kickstarters before releasing a game. He must have thought that Crowd sourcing was a source of unlimited funds. Now he's burned bridges there. And he burned bridges with Kaio by wasting 3.8 milion of publisher money. The Chinese company Fuze are the only ones backing him, and if he has more bombs then they will leave him too.
>>
Go back to /v/
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.