[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If G-Reco takes place after Turn-A, then why do they act like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: gundam-reconguista-in-g-banner.jpg (93 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
gundam-reconguista-in-g-banner.jpg
93 KB, 600x350
If G-Reco takes place after Turn-A, then why do they act like the UC just ended?
>>
Because either it was intended to be before Turn A then Tomino changed it in that interview at the last second to spite timelinefags, or because everyone is being a hipster for Black History shit.

Given that no one ever cares that much about history to begin with, coupled with literally nothing from Turn A getting mentioned, I'm going to assume it's just Tomino being a jackass again.
>>
>>14464487
Because Tomino is a retard, news at eleven.
>>
>>14464666
G-Lucifer has Moonlight Butterfly and the labs were studying ancient mobile suit designs.
>>
>>14464768
The Moonlight Butterfly wasn't new for Turn A either.
>>
>>14464844
Well if you give me that hot source where Tomino says that G-Reco takes place after Turn X arrives in the solar system and is studied but forgotten about but before Turn A is built then give me a call, otherwise your headcanon doesn't count.
>>
>>14464858
He only said it as a joke, but some people took it as gospel for whatever reason.
>>
File: 1436213678303.png (114 KB, 599x491) Image search: [Google]
1436213678303.png
114 KB, 599x491
>>14465029
>He only said it as a joke
>>
>>14464487
>then why do they act like the UC just ended?
They don't.
This is like asking "If Turn A is post Wing/G/Victory why do we see only Zakus and early UC MS being used? Where are the Leos?".
Seriously stop asking stupid questions.
>>
>>14464487
I'd rather G-Reco take place before Turn A because Turn A was fucking ripe for a sequel taking place a few years later. All of Europe, Asia, Africa, and more were completely ignored. Seeing more of the world and the surviving villian snaking his way back into power in another country would've been great. Instead we got something completely departed from it in both tone, lore, and time.
>>
because the Regild Century is after UC but before ∀.

it's like people think its called ∃ Gundam or something.
>>
File: Laughing_Char.jpg (43 KB, 522x303) Image search: [Google]
Laughing_Char.jpg
43 KB, 522x303
>>14465546
>They don't.
Nigger what
>warfare based on Minovsky interference
>characters constantly talking about UC
>statues of UC suits
>newtypes
In Turn A they don't even know what the Universal Century is, they're unearthing these ancient relics.
>>
>>14466474
But by the end of Turn A they do know what the Universal Century is.
>>
>>14464487

> its a Gundam show
> bothering with the details of the plot

But why though? Don't you notice the cool robots fighting? Thats what you are supposed to be paying attention to.

Everything else is just the minimum amount of connective tissue to get us from one robot fight to the next, and to fill up screen time with something that doesn't cost as much because robot fights eat up budget.
>>
>>14464487
Turn A was literally an unimportant skirmish while UC covered the entire solar system from Earth to Jupiter.
>>
>>14466516
Why do you try so hard?
>>
>>14466569

Since when is watching Gundam hard? You just sit back and turn off your brain for some mindless entertainment. Easiest thing in the world.
>>
>>14466565
It was pretty imporant, it decided the fate of the world and who it's populace would be.

It was just really small scale with mostly inexperienced pilots.
>>
How can we know that's what Tomino meant and not because he was caught with his pants down and went "Oh shit I fucked up" after he said it.
>>
Is it really official at this point? I know it's word of god since Tomino said it, but has it shown up in any Bandai/Sunrise related material since?
I remember before Tomino said this, there were even magazines depicting a timeline where G-reco specifically took place before Turn A.
>>
>>14464487
It doesn't, Tomino was just being silly.
>>
I wonder if this bit of information will have an effect on the G Generation tech tree. Since Black History Turn A has been depicted as the post game end-all to technological progression for a while now. And G-self's final form likely wouldn't be locked away till even later in the game.
>>
>>14466474
The events of the dark history was revealed and everyone learned about UC, bridging the knowledge gap between those countless years
>>
>>14466667
Still seems suspect that CC is never even mentioned, specially considering that portion of history occured after the information black-out caused by the black history.
Wouldn't people be much more prone to name drop history actually experienced and recorded by historians of that society, rather than ancient history that had been forgotten with the last purge of civilization?
Even if we assume the Black History and the timeline leading up to it became common knowledge and an accepted part of recorded history, doesn't it seem odd for every bit of dialogue to avoid mentioning any history after UC? Especially considering there's a good bit of story revolving around the restoration of ancient mobile weapons. You figure the comparison to the moon cycles would have been obligatory.
It just seems like Tomino could have been significantly more deliberate in referencing the events of Turn A given the circumstances.
The most we have is G-Lucifer's weapon resembling the moonlight butterfly, and given that it seems to lack the destructive features of the Turn's mb, it could have been assumed to be a predecessor to what eventually become the weapon that wiped out civilization. I know this was the assumption most viewers were making while the show was airing, and the weapon appeared.
I'm not denying Tomino has the word of god, but I have to wonder if he was ether the only member of the anime's staff that was aware that G-reco took place after Turn-A, or if he made this arrangement in the timelines on whim, after the creation of the show.
>>
>>14466762
>Still seems suspect that CC is never even mentioned
The word "Gundam" comes up two times. I seriously think Tomino wasn't giving a shit about making everything fit in the timeline just to make gunotas happy.
>>
File: como você é burro, cara..jpg (60 KB, 960x756) Image search: [Google]
como você é burro, cara..jpg
60 KB, 960x756
>>14464744
>>
>Rainbow in the shape of butterfly wings sprouting from the back

that's the moonlight butteryfly right
>>
UC refers to all robot fighting times prior to CC
CC had almost no robot fights, Bellri killed more people in the first few episodes
UC and the mistakes made in it are the basis of the RC economic and religous systems
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.