[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to watch next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: mAtGLDK.png (174 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
mAtGLDK.png
174 KB, 500x375
/m/, I can't decide on a show to watch next. I just finished Wing and I'm waiting to watch EW with some friends, and I don't know what to pick in the meantime. Stuff I haven't seen yet but am considering are

Victory Gundam
VOTOMS
Layzner
Ideon
Xabungle
LoGH (yes I know it's not /m/ but I think you guys are into it)
Reconguista in G (I love the suit designs but I've tried starting it twice before and gave up because I wasn't paying enough attention, because stuff got confusing)

I also want to get into Mazinger Z more, but I have no idea what relatively new stuff there is to watch, the continuity seems like a nightmare (I've already seen Mazinkaiser and loved it). The same goes for Getter Robo.
>>
>>14461396
You've got plenty of Gundam in your diet, try something different.
Votoms for serious
Ideon for slow and grim
Xabungle for wildcard
>>
>>14461408
Thanks, anon.

I'm kind of a Gundam nut. I've seen 0079, Z, ZZ, Turn A, G, Wing, IBO, 0083, 0080, Origin, Unicorn, and CCA.
>>
>>14461396
If you can't keep up with G-Reco for 26 episodes you won't be able to keep up with Legend of the Galactic Heroes with 110ep+1 movie.
>>
>>14461453
This.
>>
>>14461453
>Implying LotGH handles exposition as horrible as G-Reco

Wew lad do democracy a favor and never compare LoGH with your shitshow ever again.
>>
With Mazinger and Getter, don't worry about it too much.

None of the various OVAs have anything to do with each other so just watch the one you feel like watching. If you enjoyed Mazinkaiser you should definitely watch Mazinkaiser vs. Ankoku Daishogun though.

Shin Mazinger is once again its own continuity divorced from everything else so it can be watched on its own without knowledge of anything else.

Only the original Toei shows have any real continuity.

With Getter just jump into Armageddon and enjoy the ride without thinking about it too hard.

If you like it then I highly recommend reading the Ishikawa manga as that's the meat and potatoes of Getter (and in most people's minds the "canon" with everything else a part of the Getter multiverse) and for me at least it helped me appreciate the OVAs a bit more.

Getter is not really that vast or intimidating compared to most long-standing franchises.
>>
>>14461835
>Implying LoGH is better than G-Reco

wew lad
>>
>>14462163
OP here.

I have seen neither show fully but are you for fucking real? G-Reco may be good but it can't even come close to LoGH.
>>
>>14462255
Ignore him for the good of your own brain man.
>>
File: 1466595957549.gif (45 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1466595957549.gif
45 KB, 100x100
>>14462262
I CAN'T STOP
>>
File: Kircheis no anger.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Kircheis no anger.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>14462163
I mean I'm a fan of Greco but that's stupid to imply otherwise.

Never talk to me or mein kaiser again.
>>
>>14461396
For Getter, try Armageddon.
>>
>>14462255
>it can't even come close to LoGH.
What was so good about LoGH other than the fact that it's based on a series of actually interesting light novels?

The adaptation is played very straight forward without much cinematic value. As an adaptation, I find it to be average.
>>
>>14461396
DOUGRAM
>>
>>14467291
I actually just finished Episode 3, and I love it. I've got no fucking clue what's happening plot wise, but it's a fun ride. I love how a character can die on screen like, 6 times and still be fine in the next minute like nothing happened.
>>
File: 1233088803897.jpg (45 KB, 717x430) Image search: [Google]
1233088803897.jpg
45 KB, 717x430
>>14461835
>>14462163
>>14462255
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.