[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I told Bandai they can't make a Gundam anime worse than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 25
File: ibo.png (975 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ibo.png
975 KB, 1280x720
I told Bandai they can't make a Gundam anime worse than SEED and they actually did it, absolute madmen!
>>
File: 1467450701023.jpg (6 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
1467450701023.jpg
6 KB, 378x378
>Bandai
>>
>>14460912

> Bandai
> making anime

> SEED
> the worst Gundam
> not Destiny, AGE or Try
>>
>>14460919
Destiny counts as part of SEED. Alternatively, IBO2 will be worse than destiny.
>>
>>14460924
wew lad
>>
>>14460912
fuck this bait

IBO couldn't be more inoffensive and straightforward for a gundam show
>>
>>14460946
It was the most terrible to watch. SEED wasn't killing me with boredom. IBO made me feel like I was melting, with my brain dissolving as I watch it.
>>
I hope S2 will have even less fights than 0080 so /m/ can implode from all the autistic rage.
>>
>>14460924

If you want to talk about Destiny, then you say you're talking about Destiny, not SEED. Since while they're part of the same continuity, they're not the same show. If you refer to Destiny as SEED, you might as well refer to X as 00. I mean, they're all the part of the same franchise after all, so they count as one another and why would I need to differentiate them. Alternately, you could count Victory as 0079. I doubt IBOS2 will be worse than Destiny though, it'll probably just be boring.
>>
>>14460956
>I doubt IBOS2 will be worse than Destiny though, it'll probably just be boring
Well. Objectively, it's hard to outbad Destiny, it's like a study on bad writing. But boring bad is much harder to watch than offensive bad, I'd certainly rather rewatch Destiny than IBO.
>>
>>14460966

Funnily enough I'd say that AGE managed to be both boring and offensive, since the majority of the show was just boring, but the more I think about it, the more some stuff is just plain offensively bad writing. Even Destiny was boring for a large chunk of the show though. The last few episodes dictate a lot of opinion on the show, but from 13 till 40 or so the show is mostly just boring.
>>
>>14460972
Statistically, they got to make a good one eventually.
>>
>>14460912
They didn't
>>
>>14460912
Sounds like someone didn't watch Cross Ange.
>>
>>14461667

Cross Ange was so over the top terrible that it looped back into enjoyable. It was trash, but it was enjoyable trash.

IBO committed the sin of being not only trash, but boring.
>>
>>14460912
>what is Destinty
>what is Age
>what is G-Reco
>what is Try
You're like 4 anime late, man.
>>
>>14461700
Boring and enjoyable are subjective, retard. You can't use them to criticize a show. Just because you enjoyed a show doesn't mean other people weren't bored by it.

Also
>enjoying Cross Ange
>>
>>14461786

>shits on someone for enjoying Cross Ange after saying enjoyment is subjective

What's it like to be retarded? By your logic I guess no one can criticize anything, ever.
>>
>>14460919
>or Try
Why are you ignoring GBF? It was shit too.

>>14460946
OP isn't baiting. IBO is plenty offensive, it might be a more conventional story but its handled like ass, its plot is pretty stupid, the hime kept flipflopping, the maid's death was pretty blatantly foreshadowed, and everything with Gjallarhorn outside of Chocolate Man and Galieo paints them as incompetent as hell, intentionally unintended or not.

Then the stupid shit with the final episode where everyone Ein killed are magically revealed to be a-okay and just "knocked out" while being fucked up profusely was the final nail in the coffin along side the magic space katana bullshit where Mika's OP katana can somehow sever through armored joints for zero reason to defy the show's own logic and system.

IBO IS bad.
>>
>>14460912
Holy fuck, from human-height, the abdomen with the hydraulics looks retarded. It's like it's going to flop over to the side any minute.
>>
>>14461815
>"fun things are fun" and "shit things are shit" are """"criticism""""

On top of that, a lot of anons on /m/ seem to have trouble differentiating between the version of a show they've created in their head vs the events that actually happen, and then get worked up about bad writing when their fan-canon is contradicted by the show.

So it's not like anyone actually criticizes anything, they just bitch about imaginary plot holes to fuel a narrative of such-and-such-show-is-garbage.
>>
>>14462006

Do you really think that the fact that someone saying IBO is "boring" is invalid as criticism? Have you never considered that "boring" is more than subjective, but that there are objective factors that may lead a show to be considered boring to a large group of people? Have you ever thought that maybe there is a reason that a significant amount of people think IBO is boring and shitty, and not that "it's all perception, maaaaan" like you believe?

The show attempts to portray a growing political revolution between Mars and the governing system of Gjallarhorn, which makes up its whole plot. It then proceeds to:

1) Portray 99% of Gjallarhorn as mustache-twirlingly evil and/or incompetent
2) Show very little of how anything that's happening actually affects Mars
3) Solve any of the central political conflicts, like the Dort conflict or the Martian metals disputes, offscreen, only telling you that it all worked out
4) It takes ALMOST UNTIL THE END OF THE SERIES to introduce another Gjallarhorn character with any sort of depth
5) That character is a comic relief character who feels entirely out of place in such a grimserious show
6) Pacing of the show is utter shit since over a quarter of the season is wasted on Teiwaz episodes that in the end lead to nothing, and a pirate arc that is a big narrative goose egg
7) The "underdogs" we're following never have any named characters die and win effortlessly over their Inspector Gadget-tier nemesis
8) Literally just tells you everything instead of showing anything ("she's amazing")

You think that's fun to watch? You think people are just shitting on IBO because they didn't get it, or it's hard to follow or something? No, it's just shit. And it's not shit because "it just is," like some /a/ tier nonsense. There are reasons why it's shit. It's not because we didn't get it or we're projecting or whatever fucking nonsense you're on about.

You are a clown.
>>
Now that I think about the last episode was genetically engineered to flip off /m/

>Look they are all dying!
>They must have cancelled S2!

Next episode

>They are all alive
>S2 confirmed

Wew lad you just can't make this up.
>>
>>14462095

You act like building up a character to be a huge threat, and then having that character slay two named characters, and then having those characters be completely fine in the next episode rendering that entire subplot pointless, would only piss off /m/ and not, say... everybody.
>>
File: ijustwantedanexcusetousethis.jpg (87 KB, 992x624) Image search: [Google]
ijustwantedanexcusetousethis.jpg
87 KB, 992x624
>>14462070
I agree with this /m/an
>>
>>14462104
>and then having that character slay two named characters

How can you watch anime with eyesight that poor?
>>
what happened to the budget
after ep3 shit was xebec tier
>>
>>14460948
SEED was the worst gundam in existence before Destiny
>>
>>14462133
UC hogging all the money.
>>
>>14462143

ZZ and Wing were before SEED.
>>
>>14462174
And both were better. Though neither would count as 'good'
>>
>>14462174
wing wasn't that bad c'mon anon
>>
>>14462174
ZZ was the worst gundam when it was made. Wing was the worst gundam when it was made. SEED was the worst gundam when it was made.
Destiny was the worst gundam when it was made. There are no contradictions here.
>>
I liked IBO.
I wish /m/ would stop this attention seeking bullcrap.
Been here since 2005 and I just want to do things like celebrate my mecha themed wedding with y'all.
You make me ashamed to be a /m/an.
>>
>>14462239

Yeah you liked IBO. Guess what, shitter, others were tepid towards IBO and others hate it.

You don't like it? There's over 100 threads up on /m/ at any given time and you can make your own IBO dicksuck thread if you so choose.

No one grabbed your hand and made you click on this and type your shitty little post.
>>
>>14462239
>mecha themed wedding

I still have hope.

Congrats /m/an.
>>
File: 149733795219.jpg (40 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
149733795219.jpg
40 KB, 500x375
>>14462261
wew lad it's just a kids show you know?
>>
>>14462203
>Wing was the worst gundam when it was made.
>ZZ
>CCA
>F91
>Seed
>0083
>08th MS Team
>>
>>14460946
IBO committed the worst sin of all by being FUCKING BORING in addition to shit writing in general. There is not a single good aspect of it.
>>
>>14462507
Way worse than all those shows, senpai. And SEED wasn't out yet.
>>
>>14460946
>bland characters
>protagonist is a literal one dimensional robot with no personality or development so to speak outside of liking to snack on things (like Inaho in a sense)
>main female lead does next to nothing and continually suffers from regressing every other episode and faulting any thing she was built up to do in the prior episodes
>middle of the show between the Brewers arc to the stuff with both BIG GUY's otouto and Fat boy's brother are heavily pushed into the spotlight; extremely artificial sub-plot points with being "human debris"
>several episodes of largely filler events and nothing happening for the sake of haphazard foreshadowing with Gjallarhorn members being more focused on (McGillis, Galieo, Not-Haman, etc...)
>story is predictable and fights are very QUALITY as well as badly choreographed most of the time
>aside from the initial arc spring boarding the main plot over Mars being relegated to second/third class status compared to the Earth and colonists, nothing is ever really talked about that effects the planet or its people
>most of the major story points that returned are for all intents glossed over
Its pretty terrible.
>>
>>14462507
>CCA
>F91
>bad
>>
>>14462586
>Way worse than all those shows.
I'm sorry you have a terminal case of awful opinion, kouhai.
>SEED wasn't out yet.
Has nothing to do with my point, autist.
>>
>>14462126
>and then having those characters be completely fine in the next episode
I could ask you the same question
>>
File: 1408915277925.jpg (231 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1408915277925.jpg
231 KB, 700x525
>>14462618
>F91
>not bad
>>
>>14462586
That's wrong though, faggola.
>>
>>14462622
You are an idiot.
>>
>>14462626
F91 is alright for the short film it is. It's not great but there's nothing particularly awful about it either.

I like the grunt mecha in it especially.
>>
File: Ein Giga Drill Breaker.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ein Giga Drill Breaker.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>14462628
Please stop defending Okada's shit writing.

>>14462640
>F91 is alright
Its not. Its a pretty convoluted mash up of a cour of episodes condensed into a last minute film and stretches itself out because that's the best Tomino could salvage. I love Crossbone Vanguard but this nonsense about defending F91 as being even "decent" is fanboyism.
>>
>>14462507
>08th MS Team
>Bad
how wrong can one man be?
>>
>>14462649
>there's no corpse
>OH THAT MEANS SHE'S DEAD
>WHY ISN'T SHE DEAD, WE DIDN'T SEE A CORPSE THAT MEANS SHE HAS TO BE DEAD

Thanks for proving my point, retard.
>>
File: 1383380887569.jpg (150 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1383380887569.jpg
150 KB, 960x720
>>14462650
>08th
>Good
>>
>>14462649
>muh plot
>muh writing
Yeah, never mind the gorgeous animation and excellent fight scenes. F91 is more than decent, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>14462650
>muh shitty romance
>muh generic cliche star-crossed Romeo x Juliet romp into Gundam
>muh complete plot hijacking in the second half to turn it to a complete clusterfuck of character drama for the sake of romance
>>
Great, its another G-Recuck thread
>>
File: 1445828824518.jpg (286 KB, 632x483) Image search: [Google]
1445828824518.jpg
286 KB, 632x483
>>14462668
Writing and plot are important you faggotron.

>gorgeous animation
It was barely adequate as far as films in the early 90s go.
>excellent fight scenes.
No.
>F91 is more then decent, it's pretty damn good.
>>
>>14462668
You are delusional.

>>14462660
I posted that webm because I wasn't even the same anon you were arguing with, you retard. The entire point was Ein penetrated her cockpit, his drill went into her suit, and we see blood everywhere and the next episode is its handwaved where she's barely grazed.

Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>14462676
>Writing and plot are important you faggotron.

Until you summon those faglords who think writing and plot mean
>how stupid is the show going to get, I want stupid nonsensical crazy stuff not shit that actually makes goddamn sense if you stop and actually think it out

It's weird how people are so inclined to make any show out to be a clusterfuck just so they can argue how nothing makes sense, instead of slowly walking through it all.
>>
>>14462680
But you didn't see a corpse, you stupid fuck.
Try again.

Or better yet, don't; IBO is clearly too difficult for you.
>>
>>14462680
>The entire point was Ein penetrated her cockpit
We never see that

>The entire point was Ein penetrated her cockpit, his drill went into her suit
Literally a lie
>>
>>14462683
Its more confusing that someone can be that much of a fanboy that they can't even admit fault that F91 suffers through poor pacing, some rather silly direction, and a generally mediocre story because its literally a condensed montage of the first 12 to 13 episodes of a story meant to be made into a full fledged TV series.
>>
>>14460946
>IBO couldn't be more inoffensive and straightforward for a gundam show

It could, it could have been X
>>
>>14462689
You are literally blind. I guess this is how the typical IBOfag tries to mentally block things.
>>
>>14460987
They did, G-reco
>>
>>14462693
I said, "pretty damn good" not "perfect". Of course F91 has flaws, and of course it would have been much better as a TV show. That still doesn't change that I thought it was a solid Gundam movie, and that your "any opinion other than mine is fanboys" schtick is obnoxious.
>>
File: 1412307163333.jpg (25 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
1412307163333.jpg
25 KB, 480x445
>there are people who seriously have trouble understanding the nuanced meaning behind "Kudelia sugoi"
>>
>>14462712
>I said "pretty damn good"
You are still horribly inflating it, it was mediocre at best for the reasons already mentioned earlier by others here.
>it was a solid Gundam movie
It wasn't.
>shtick
Its not subjectivity, its objective knowledge the film's cons detract it enough and severely at that it is nowhere near as positive, acclaimed or viewed to be a "solid Gundam movie".

You are nuts.
>>
>>14462720
What is a "solid Gundam movie"?
>>
>>14462744
Awakening of the Trailblazer
>>
>>14462744
This >>14462775 and also 0079 Trilogy as a whole.
>>
>>14462775
wew lad
>>
>>14462874
Wew faggot
>>
>>14462775
>>14462786
F91 is better than Trailblazer with its shitty meme characters like Patrick and Graham and it's shitty moral. Trailblazer is a much more hollow work despite being the culmination of two TV series
>>
>>14463091
>this is what Tominofags ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>14463091

So why is F91 good besides the F91 design and animation? If all it has is visuals it's a pretty turd.
>>
>>14460946
It was straightforward alright

Straight forward into the garbage dump
>>
>>14463124
F91 as you say has good animation and design, it's also has many good sequences and a narrative and characters that are inoffensive enough to be enjoyable in comparison to the obnoxious wank of 00
>>
>>14463091
>>14463348
Let's invalidate this anon's post without even bothering with a refutation because its that shit:

Buzzwords!

>meme characters
>morals
>wank
>"its hollow!"

A poster whose opinion is worth less then shit.

>>14462687
No one ever talked about corpses, you stupid fucking argumentative retard. I just rewatched the official stream of the show, we're shown a fucking gash where Ein slashes through Azee's or whatever's suit and its connotations are the same for his drill attack on Laftner's own.
>>
>>14463091
>F91
>good
Top kek.
>>
>>14460966
>I'd certainly rather rewatch Destiny than IBO.

I'm watching Destiny for the first time, and I gotta say it is so much more watchable than IBO. IBO isn't as offensively bad as Destiny, but at least in Destiny things happen, even if they're stupid.
>>
>>14460966
>it's hard to outbad Destiny
IBO could do it, the first season was already terrible but then again that makes a paradox because the quality would have to DROP and the show is already bad to begin with. AGE matched it, A/Z and VVV are certainly there as well as Cross Ange.
>>
>>14462649
Meh, you can call it fanboyism if it pleases you but I'm kind of a casualfag when it comes to Gundam. I just thought it was entertaining.
>>
>>14463447
I didn't say it wasn't entertaining and I'm not faulting you for that, but objectively in the clearest sense of the word here, its an extremely flawed and compressed story that suffers as a result of it with its pacing, direction, and how the cast is depicted.

There's a reason why Tomino ended up at his worst with Victory because F91 didn't end up getting to do its full potential before the Sunrise-Bandai merger.
>>
IBO in SRW when?
>>
>>14463415
>No one ever talked about corpses, you stupid fucking argumentative retard.

Are you really going to argue that dead people leave no corpses?

The whole argument started when some stupid fuck (you) claimed that characters that were slain miraculously survived. The problem with that is that you can't say they were slain if you didn't see the dead body.

But, being the stupid fuck you are, you decided that your personal headcanon is more valid than the show, and found yourself crying foul when the show didn't go your way.

Fuck off. Not even /a/ would tolerate your retardation.
>>
>>14463444
>forgetting to mention Gargantia, MJP and BC

0/10, you need more practice
>>
>>14460912
Okay, now you're crossing a line.
The fishing line.

Because this is bait.
>>
>>14463474
>When (you)
I only interjected twice, you fucking noncomprehending monkey. You also don't know what "headcannon" means either in this context or any other, kill yourself like I suggested earlier.
>>
>>14463483
>MJP
>BC
Bait harder
>>
>>14463498
>MJP
>BC
>good

As expected of the board that praises Cross Ange.
>>
>>14463444
>but then again that makes a paradox because the quality would have to DROP and the show is already bad to begin with
But no Sunrise S2 ever gets better. There is no paradox.

>>14463474
While the characters didn't die, letting all three survive really killed any tension or impact the Ein scene had. The first season was nearly a perfect victory, which most people here find retarded, especially in a series that was supposed to be gritty.
>>
>>14463474

Are you for real? We all saw Ein drive his axe so hard into Azee's mech that there was a massive gash in it and he penetrated it to the point where Azee was slumped over, not moving, and bleeding from the head, like the entire top half of her suit was forced down onto her skull.

We then saw Ein kick Lafter's mech with his drill foot and it actually penetrated the cockpit and began drilling into Lafter, because we saw her blood splatter.

And then one episode later, they have superficial wounds, and you think this is not a total cop-out because "you didn't see their corpses." This wasn't their suit falling off a cliff or it cutting away as bullets were about to impact them or anything, they pretty much went as close as they could to showing them getting gored without going full Genocyber and actually having the deathblow and wounds opening up.

That's why everybody was pissed, you fucking mong. Azee and Lafter should be up in the Holy Trinity with Jesus Yamato because that was a fucking miracle they pulled in not having them die.
>>
Man this 0079 is fucking garbage.

God the animation is shit and the writing as also shit. Why the fuck do you people like it?

This is a bait/shit taste thread right?
>>
>>14463517
It must be, look at all these people actually trying to defend IBO
>>
>>14463525
And this faggot saying F91 is shit.
>>
>>14463517
0079's animation wasn't shit and the writing wasn't shit. I know you're trying to emulate people who dislike IBO by trying to tie some conceived faults that 0079 has to IBO's faults but 0079 doesn't have the same faults as IBO.
>>
>>14463539
Its not just shitting on IBO at this point. Thus why I made that comment.
>>
>>14463500
Bait harder.

>board that praises Cross Ange
Bait even harder.

>>14463504
Here's pic related of Azee after Ein's attack. I didn't save a screencap but basically we see him bury his axe into her suit and off-screen impacts into cockpit.
>>
>>14463503
No show has this bad from the get go since AGE, which is where the comment is stemming from.

>>14463532
F91 just isn't good.
>>
>>14460919
>or try
>>14461962
>gbf was shit too
At this point i'm pretty sure this is elitism talking. And hatred for buildbabies.
>>
>>14463504
When the show had a scene several episodes ago dedicated to showing the light unambiguously fade from Carta's eyes to signify that yes she is absolutely dead, then fuck you, I require a certain level of detail to approve of the notion that a character is dead, not merely incapacitated.

And before you act like >>14463558 is unambiguous, you should fucking get your eyes checked; KO and blood splatter does not confirm a kill on the pilot.
>>
>>14463564
F91 is fine. Not great, not perfect, not damn good. Just fine.
>>
>ITT: retards arguing with each other

I want neo-/m/ to die.
>>
>>14463580
>giant axe goes into a suit
>prodigious blood spray
>next episode
>zero wounds
>no trauma or impact damage
Fuck you, Okada apologist kill youself.
>>
>>14463580

You are literally retarded and it is a waste to even talk to you. Good day.
>>
I think we should start a IBO rehabilitation group dedicated to some people on this board after S2 ends.
>>
File: 1458395330230.png (239 KB, 600x376) Image search: [Google]
1458395330230.png
239 KB, 600x376
>>14463596
A great purge? I am perfectly fine with this.
>>
>>14463586
>implying /m/ was ever something other than a place retards can yell at each other all day long

Although it's gotten worse over the last few years I'll give you that.
>>
>>14463587
>poor communication with the animators regarding episode continuity = OKADA DID EVERYTHING WRONG

Now if you want to argue that they don't look as banged up at the end as they ought to, that's a totally TOTALLY different issue, because this entire shitfit started due to a word choice that translated into

>Ein killed a bunch of characters
>wait no he didn't, plot armor yay!

when the argument should've been more

>Ein really fucked up these characters
>Holy shit they lucked out on this one, guess they're getting benched during S2
>>
>>14463610

They got "fucked up" so hard they were just walking around hours after the battle with superficial injuries.

Woooooooooooooow.
>>
>>14463596
Show me on the doll where exactly the Martian orphan touched you.
>>
>>14463610
What makes you think any the IBO are coming back during "S2"?
>>
>>14463621
*IBO cast
>>
>>14463610
You're an idiot.
>>
>>14463539
>have the same faults as IBO.
>>14463545
>Its not just shitting on IBO at this point
It's the same old shit anymore.
People call it constructive criticism which i don't mind but it's literally just constant excuses to shit sling. IBO just gets more hate now since since it's /tv/ shit same reason G Gundam and Blue Gender never gets a break.

I get when this community hates something but there's just a point when shits not healthy and disgustingly predictable.
>>
I still don't get Kudelia as a character

She had interest in helping the poor from a young age, yet never learnt anything about them or how to interact with them
She seems to be a completely normal teenage girl, yet has zero social skills and doesn't even know fuck about kissing
She was able to organise a huge event about making mars great again, yet is a little bitch the moment any responsibility falls on her
She was allowed to go and debate over to debate earth about in an attempt to further independence, yet she has literally no idea what she is talking about but was somehow given power to do so

But then she just sucks it up, and does stuff while having fuck all personality. Also it turns out this was old man mcevil's plan all along, cause apparently he can control all that shit, plant a maid to watch over her when she was 4 and then just givs up at the last second cause apparently he didn't even need to have an assassination.
>>
>>14463621
What makes you think they won't other than your personal bias?
>>
>>14463631

>it's not constructive criticism if I say it isn't, it's still shitflinging even if you explain your reasons for not liking it and everything

How about you get fucked? You sound like some soft-assed reddit pleb or something if this is too much for you. People aren't shitting on IBO in this thread for no reason, there's reasons behind the shitting, you fucking faggot. This is real discussion.
>>
>>14463631
You're projecting way too hard.

>>14463641
BF Try exists
>>
File: defend this.jpg (295 KB, 1415x954) Image search: [Google]
defend this.jpg
295 KB, 1415x954
>>14463610
>poor communication with the animators
Stop pulling bullshit out of your ass, dude.
>>
At least it's only a 25-episode shitshow instead of SEED being a perpetual one.
>>
Why is Valvrager shitposting about IBO?

>>14463653
>post a picture of a mobile suit with its head knocked off
>claim this kills the pilot

Seriously, why is Valvrager shitposting about IBO?

He's literally doing the same old routine of making up shit and then cherrypicking scenes to "support" it, and you fuckers eat it up like you love it.
>>
>>14463646
Not him but its gone beyond shitting on IBO, hell some of the shit is uncalled for. Like saying its worse than Destiny, AGE, or Try are completely assmad faggots.
>>
>>14463650
00 S2 also exists.

Unfortunately.
>>
>>14463650
Try is a new series, just like Destiny and ZZ. IBO2 is a second season, like 00 S2. I really hope you knew this.
>>
>>14463661
Maybe he got tired of shitting on Kuromukuro.
>>
>>14463662

Who fucking cares? IBO is bad. I don't care what people think it's worse or better than, shit is bad.

>>14463661

>HUUUUUUURRRRRRR ANYONE WHO SAYS I'M WRONG IS VALVRAGER HURRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>14463661
>I'm literally retarded
I posted a screencap of Azee's MS, where its shown where Ein's axe had embedded itself in which caused all that damage and seemingly killed her you fucking pussyfooting moron.

>Why is Valvrager shitposting about IBO?
You are the one posting like him, you tell us.

>>14463663
>00 S2 exists.
>Unfortunately.
Hello shit taste.
>>
>>14463673
>DUUUURRRRR I'M A HUUUUUURRRRRRRR
Suck a fuck and go back to your mother.
>>
>>14463663
>00's second season is a continuation of the first season
What does this have to do with Try? Did you think none of the main characters or animation staff and writing crew would have nothing to do with its second half? Its not a separate series/sequel show like Try was to GBF.
>>
>>14463676
Correct, you are literally retarded.
>>
>>14463673
Yes its bad but don't say shit like its worse than Destiny, AGE, or Try because that is a entirely bold faced lie.
>>
>>14463687
Valvrager pls
>>
Still better than Train-Wrecko
>>
>>14463690
IBO is really bad though. AGE got shit at the very end, IBO was shit from the very start.

>>14463687
Here's your (You).
>>
>>14463694
>Valvrager calling other people Valvrager

Not even once
>>
>>14463676
>likes 00 S2

Sorry disregard anything I said.

Didn't realize I was talking to a retard.
>>
>>14463700
Keep projecting that bullshit, no one is buying it apologist kun.
>>
File: they're ok.jpg (116 KB, 600x859) Image search: [Google]
they're ok.jpg
116 KB, 600x859
It was literally this.

The fact that some tard is seriously, unironically, not even to shitpost but dead seriously defending Azee/Lafter surviving is beyond me.

And the thing is, it's not even that they survived. It's that the entire point of Ein's entire character arc, one of the few character arcs that actually developed over the course of the series and had any semblance of theme, ultimately led to him "killing" Azee/Lafter and seriously wounding Shino. And then 1 episode later, they're fine, literally just walking around like nothing happened. This means that all the screentime they devoted to Ein and his whole story and all of that was utterly meaningless and had no real consequences for the heroes.

It was shit. It was dog shit. And that's why them surviving is bad, because it removed all consequence, all danger, all stakes, in the most ridiculous way. People aren't mad because they lived, it's because having them live is SHIT writing.
>>
>>14463703
Work on your reading comprehension, fag. Are you also the same idiot who was defending Okada's writing earlier?
>>
>>14463706
You are literally retarded, please stop posting.
>>
>people not dying is shit writing

Oh my god this is an all time low for /m/
>>
>>14463716
Anon, when the show indicates the characters dying and then coming back with no real reasoning it's shit writing.

Get over it.
>>
>>14463706
What's more IBO was meant to be dark, and this was meant to be them going off the edge being out of control which would lead to more mistakes. A show trying to be dark needs to have more shit going down, even when they try to like the slave kids they make the bad guys so comically evil and the kids so unlikeable while also stupid it just utterly fails.

Instead it all goes stupidly well after Biscuit dies, wasn't even going badly before and at worst they lose some no names that no one is ever seen being sad over. IBO's structure makes it feel like there isn't even much killing, you go long times with none and then 5 maybe die. If it wasn't for the Dort arc the kill count would be nothing. This mixed in with a load of anime tropes ruins the whole style
>>
>>14463716
People should die when they're killed, unless they come back as cyborgs or are reincarnated by ancient magics.
>>
>>14463716

Except that's not what he's saying, dude.

He's saying it's shit writing because for all intents and purposes the show initially acted like Ein had killed off the characters in question or at least gravely wounded them, and then the very next episode their injuries are superficial, they recover just fine, and the heroes suffer absolutely no drawbacks except for a slight reduction in manpower.

That, and it makes Ein come across as a fucking joke.
>>
File: 1388007786600.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1388007786600.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>14463716
>killer is killed
>comes back to life with no issue
>this is "good writing"
>>
>>14463646
>reddit pleb
>there's reasons
>behind the shitting
>real discussion
>>14463699
>Your (you) meme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhx6IfKrvEQ

IBO shit slinging will continue years after airing constantly shitting on discussions like anything /tv/ vvv, g reco, bf, zeta and so on.
Point is it's a constant cycle that's never ending of secret club mentality, elitism, pessimism and aggression and that's far from constructive criticism.
>>
>>14462703
Hey the main crew in X were really entertaining to watch interact with each other.
>>
File: 1420173840853.jpg (747 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
1420173840853.jpg
747 KB, 960x1440
>>14463741
LoGH really has it all.
>>
File: bs.jpg (532 KB, 1096x1032) Image search: [Google]
bs.jpg
532 KB, 1096x1032
>>14460912
This is what I come home to every day.
>>
>>14463850
I gave it all the constructive criticism I could possibly have during the airing run. Now I just don't want to hear about it until S2, and probably hope to never hear about it after it's over. For some reason people either want to keep making sitposting threads or everyone treats /m/ like their blog.
>should I watch X
>what order do I watch X in
>just watched the first episode of X
>halfway through X, does it ever get better
>o fuck something just happened in X
>just finished X, what does /m/ think about it
>now that the dust has settled, what does /m/ think of X
>how does it feel to know X is now a classic
>>
>>14464345
>Liking X
God what fucking shit taste, holy shit its the worst gundam. I would rather watch Destiny.
>>
>>14464476
Then go do it faggot, you're in the minority here.
>>
>>14464517
>Not knowing this is a shitflinging/shitposting thread
>>
>>14464427
Welcome to the future son.

Welcome to neo-/m/.
>>
>>14464524
>not knowing that ironic shitposting is still shitposting
>>
>>14462280
thanks!
>>
Wow you guys really don't like IBO do you

Personally I enjoyed it
>>
>>14465033
You should've been here when it aired. This is extremely mild, and even the shitposting during airing was tame for what /m/ has been through before. G-Reco was at moderate levels and is remembered due more to the persistence rather than the simultaneous volume of the shitposters but last I recall VVV was the last "big" explosion of cancer.
>>
>>14464614
Yeah that is why I was shitposting.
>>
>>14463532
I like F91 a lot however I feel some people here really overhype it because they fondly look at the potential it had to be amazing as opposed to the actual movie itself.
>>
>>14465062
The worst part is in a few years /m/ will probably act like they were some of the best series.
>>
>>14460912
What's that? The 00 movie ending with less flowers and no aliens?
>>
>>14463494
>kill yourself like I suggested earlier.
>kill yourself
Not him but fuck off back to /v/ if you're going to spout that shit
>>
>>14463716
Listen. Ein took not one, but two enemy stingers. The guy basically took on the role of a living shield bit. He should not have lived to be the final boss.

Not to mention Cyber-Ein was basically a completely different character, for no particular reason.
>>
>>14463571
It's just morons with shit taste.
>>
>>14465975
Well while GBF was great, Try did end up kinda shit. Like it was trying to be GBF but without the soul.
>>
>>14460912
I enjoyed Seed, but not IBO.
Seed may have had a bunch of stupid stuff, but at least something was always usually happening, whereas IBO just meandered for long periods of time. Plus Seed had better designs.
>>
>>14464427
>/m/ like their blog.
THIS FUCKING THIS.
/m/ is no better than MAL now and you're all retards to not see it.
>>
>>14461779
>G-Reco
>>
File: 1462438844486.jpg (49 KB, 393x358) Image search: [Google]
1462438844486.jpg
49 KB, 393x358
I wont jump on the hate train until the series is finished.

Though, that being said so far it's in line with Seed in it's general quality. And I dont think regular Seed is that bad.

>Gay romance thing with shino and the boy exchanging looks goes nowhere in a whole 25 episodes
>how long it takes for the show to actually tell us Kudelia's plan and how underwhelming the resolution is at the end
>Lack of fights (at least Turn A had lovable characters interacting to make up for it's slow/relaxed pace)
>Ein being a shit "villain" in terms of motivation
>Those 3 death fake outs where it turns out not one of them actually died (making Ein look even more pathetic)
>Barbatos 6th form looks terrible, they clearly didn't know how they wanted to upgrade it and the design really suffers because of it

Still there were good things, like the group dynamic being more of a brotherhood was solid, and I actually liked most of the mobile suit design and music.

6/10 so far and I'm hoping S2 brings it up to an 8/10
>>
>>14468794
I actually kinda giggle on how shit Ein is. I laughed even harder when he never got a kill.
>>
>>14468794
Seed's general level of quality is vastly better then what IBO has given us so far, so that's silly, Tekketsu is simply mediocre to the extreme.
>>
>>14468794
>IBO
>6/10
"Its okay, 10/10". More like a 4/10 if we're feeling generous here, honestly.
>>
>>14468819
Yeah, those copy paste fights are so much better.
>>
>>14468827
Yeah, I honestly think so.
>>
>>14468826
Still better than G-Reco's 1/10
>>
>>14468842
Okay, at least you admit it.
>>
>>14468864
I do when pic related is the best IBO can give us.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-08-18h59m12s984.png (599 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-08-18h59m12s984.png
599 KB, 1280x720
IS THAT NINA PURPLETON!?
>>
>>14468827
At least Seed had a couple of stand-out moments. The impulse vs. freedom fight was pretty cool.
I can't remember anything from IBO.
>>
>>14469417
IBO had the second coming of BLAME THIS ON THE MISFORTUNE OF YOUR BIRTH

God you could practically hear McGillis thinking it.
>>
>>14468876
I hate IBO and I have to admit this is pretty neat
>>
>>14469441
>pretty neat
>that choppy animation
>that QUALITY
Must be nice having such low standards.
>>
>>14468876
Anon that looks like shit. Even Victory had better animation
>>
>>14469643
>even
>implying
Fuck off shadememer, Victory has consistently great fights.
>>
>>14469441
Why do you hate it? could you at least give a reason instead of just throwing around blind hate I finally started this series an I'm loving it so far!
>>
>>14469648
Read the thread, read any IBO thread. And read >>14469502.
>>
>>14469685
Wew lad
>>
>>14460912
I was just thinking Atra/Mika/Kudelia is honestly a more baffling "love story" than Flay/Kira/Lacus.
>>
File: 1415526447672.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1415526447672.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
>>14469868
At least the latter was pretty funny
>>
>>14463635
The writers wanted to create a standard naive sheltered princess type because I assume otaku like girls who will blush and stammer at the sight of a manlet while also trying to convince the audience she has a brain but it backfired
>>
>>14469932
True. Hell, he even got laid. You would think someone like Mika would want more than a brief chaste kiss like something from a shoujo manga. It just goes with how sterile IBO is
>>
>>14469643
Are you incapable of reading comprehension? Because I posted that as an example of how shit IBO's animation is, you fucking autist.
>>
>>14460912

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DARE THEM
>>
>>14469982

>someone like Mika

An emotionally stunted killer who's known nothing but hardship, poverty and warfare since birth?

Yeah, I can see why it's baffling that he doesn't really have a sex drive.
>>
>>14463635
>She seems to be a completely normal teenage girl, yet has zero social skills and doesn't even know fuck about kissing

In fairness this is hardly exclusive to this show. Anime is filled with chaste virgins who stammer and stutter at the slightest thought of romantic interaction with other people so they can have otaku live their fantasies vicariously.
>>
>>14460946
You're one of those people who don't get when someone is insulting you unless they spit on your face.
>>
File: Strike witches in a nutshell.jpg (212 KB, 1131x1298) Image search: [Google]
Strike witches in a nutshell.jpg
212 KB, 1131x1298
>>14460912

Just curious, what makes IBO or G-Reco 'bad'?
>>
>>14471071

Are you a retard?
>>
>>14471074

Answer or kindly fuck off, oniichan.
>>
>>14471085

The entire thread is filled with reasons why IBO is bad, shithead. You fuck off.
>>
>>14471117

>It sucked
>It was boring

Those aren't reasons, those are subjective and mean absolutely nothing. What makes a gundam show bad. If I had read this thread I'd conclude that people dislike IBO because it wasn't full of mech battles so it 'sucked'. This can't be the only reason.
>>
>>14471126
You really are retarded, you aren't going to get anything other than something subjective because the entire topic is opinionated the common complaints have been.

Dislike of the cast.
The show was uneventful.
The drama wasn't well done.
The fight scenes were poorly animated.

It lacked mech battles and the characters didn't make up for it.
>>
File: 23141.jpg (42 KB, 640x581) Image search: [Google]
23141.jpg
42 KB, 640x581
I think /m/ would be less hostile if the collective just embraced the fact that the takeaway from these series are the designs of the suits. Gundam after 0079 wasn't profound in any way, and tomino was already a drug addled depressant then, no gundam director since has been able to catch that lightning in a bottle.

I ignore the shows entirely and focus on the suits I like when I see previews.
>>
>>14471599
People still have fun watching Gundam, y'know? A lot of them are entertaining despite being gunpla advertisements. It's not like people were expecting IBO to be some deep emotional story. It just wasn't fun to watch. And there were hardly any battles along with a very small variety of MS.
>>
>>14472681
>have fun watching Gundam
We need more people like you to help balance out the faggotry on this board
>>
>>14471599
>drug addled
nice lies there buddy but Gundam can still be fun. I had fun with G-Reco and GBF, which is 2 out of the last 4 series. Before that there have been good OVAs and Turn A, X, G, and Victory are a fantastic line-up for the 90s. I wouldn't have had fun if I didn't get invested in these series. I was even looking forward to IBO's potential for several episodes. Just because you're too afraid of disappointment doesn't mean I have to be.
>>
>>14472681
It really did feel like a 25-episode prologue that focused on one thing and didn't go into anything else, and didn't really need to be Gundam at all.

Did enjoy what it offered though. Am willing to see if S2 gives us the actual body of the story, or if it just continues to be a Tekkadan get-rich-or-die-trying.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.