[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else dreading the upcoming Try OVA rather than looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: Gundam-Build-Fighters.jpg (210 KB, 1332x876) Image search: [Google]
Gundam-Build-Fighters.jpg
210 KB, 1332x876
Is anyone else dreading the upcoming Try OVA rather than looking forward to it?
What if they decide to make another season with the Try cast afterwards?
>>
>>14458729
I'm not dreading the OVA, it'll probably be fun. Long as Sei is in it.

as for s3 with the try fighters as lead cast I'll probably complain but still watch it. Hopefully it won't be just them at very least. I doubt they'd get all new cast members for s3 cause then Try really will have been a waste of time.
>>
Try wasn't THAT bad.

It could be a lot worse.
>>
>>14458739
Mate, there will be two OVAs, one for each season so chances are Sei wont appear in the Try one.
>>
>>14458746
yeah he'll be in one of the OVAs that will be the good one.
>>
Dude It's literally a children show get over it.
>>
>>14458739
As long as Sei's mother is in it.
ftfy
>>
>>14458729
You have this amazing option where you DON'T have to watch it if you don't want to or don't feel like it.

Amazing isn't it?
>>
File: 46688219.jpg (109 KB, 1207x698) Image search: [Google]
46688219.jpg
109 KB, 1207x698
>>14458778
>>14459045

I occasionally wonder if most people here are just masochists at this point when they keep slogging through to finish shows that they don't like just so they can whine about it
>>
>>14459061
Do you really believe that shitposters have seen the things they shitpost about?
>>
>>14459066
I absolutely believe Try actually offends people here, it's not ere shitposting
>>
>>14458740
I blame the Zeta fag, holy shit I hate that kid.
>>
On a positive note, I do look forward to see more of Gyanko and Minato if they appear. That would be cool.
Honestly, if they just make something similar to the last episode of the anime it should be fairly enjoyable.
>>
>>14459061
>mfw imagining Try with Sekai being a /k/fag instead of a karate master
>keeps ignoring BB's particle shit and trying to equip realistic guns to it
>halfway through the series he has a breakthrough and starts doing plavsky gunkata

stop making me want things I'll never have, /m/
>>
>>14459061
Is this pic traced from something Ota-related? Because if it isn't then somebody should trace Ota onto this.
>>
>>14458740
Try wasn't bad, it was just disappointing.
>>
>>14458729
try was just extra disappointing more than it was abject shit

I expected Build Fighters S1 to be what Try was, a bland cash in with little soul. The fact that S1 was so surprisingly excellent, makes Try's mediocrity all the more powerful.

Hopefully the OVA's get that shit back on track and do well enough to let them know we want more stuff like S1
>>
>>14460096
>Hopefully the OVA's get that shit back on track and do well enough to let them know we want more stuff like S1
On that note, I have to wonder when the one for S1 will have its release date set.
>>
>>14460959
I don't get why they can't bring the first director to do both OVAs.
>>
What they should do is give up on making any kind of story and just focus on fanservice.
>>
>>14458739
One thing I want is older characters, not just kids.
>>
>>14459891
Not just gunkata, imagine full blown Mami/Archer-style fucking around with plavsky guns
>>
>>14463040
That would be retarded, worse than beamspam.
>>
>>14463047
I'd imagine it as a one time counter to a funnel spammer like Aila was.
>>
>>14463055
People would scream about asspulls again. Just like the fire sword and plavsky clones.
>>
>>14461369
To maintain consistency, I suppose.
>>
>>14458729

No because if I didn't want to I don't have to watch it but I do because I'm not part of the hive mind and found Try fine if not as solid as the original and it's cast.
>>
>>14463194
Having taste makes me part of a hovemind now. Because I don't like stock footage and no tension and shit characters. Got it, Mr. Contrarian.
>>
>>14459061

Whining about children's shows is the saddest thing ever honestly. I mean how little has to be going on in your life day to day and how pathetic do you have to be to get as permenantly ass blasted over a day time show marketed toward children as people claim. It doesn't make them look cool or like they have exceptional taste, it makes them look like them look developmentally delayed
>>
>>14463126
>no you see, it was bad before so we have to make sure it continues to be bad
>>
>>14463212

You're losing your fucking shit over a kids show. Don't act like you have some sort of awesome high ground. There's no situation where you look like good here except to shitposters. Maybe you aren't part of a hive mind so much as just a sad sack individual on second thought
>>
>>14463226
You know what's worse than complaining about children's cartoons?
Being a shill for children's cartoons.
>>
>>14459762
I think we're definitely getting Gyanko's younger brother based on the Gyancelot, so that could be interesting.

>>14459731
As a Zeta fag, I also hated Yuuma. His Lightning Zeta was a crime against the suit.
>>
>>14463246
>His Lightning Zeta was a crime against the suit.

His Lightning Zeta was based on a real life popular custom that won a major hobby show. The only major difference was the rifle.
>>
>>14463220
I mean, to keep the guys in charge of the respective shows they were doing, otherwise it would be too weird (though Watada would keep Try bad no matter what).
>>
>>14463298
Yeah, a Naoki one. I still hate it.
>>
>>14463239

Shit getting said here. Enjoy watching your OVA and melting down on it over the Internet with /m/
>>
>>14458729
I'm not even planning to watch it
>>
>>14463329
Shitting on a show with /m/ is one of the best things ever.
>>
>>14463429
DonĀ“t lie.
>>
A pity I won't be able to livewatch it with the rest of you guys.
>>
>>14466251
USO JA NAI
>>
File: Victory-Gundam-Uso-Ewin[1].jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Victory-Gundam-Uso-Ewin[1].jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>14468835
>>
>>14459731
>>14463246
But he fixed the dogshit ReJizz
>>
>>14458778

And S1 for a children show wasn't a blatant 22 minute commercial like Try was. They didn't even try with Try.

>b-but Gundam IS a 22 minu-

But Build Fighters at least hid the fact that it was just a commercial with a few splashes of quality here and there. Try just did the bare minimal they needed to sell Gunplas to otakus and fanboys.
>>
>>14459061
Damnit how i wish there would have been a patlabor themed team in try - even as a cameo in the background.

>Noa and Asuma police cadets, Ota a random riot cop roped in because "piloting mech with GIANT ASS GUNS? count me in!"

>Goto instructor/manager who rarely seems to do anything except treat his athletes foot and listen to the races, yet seem strangely able to acquire parts for the team from nowhere - even discontinued parts.
>some even rumor that hes ex Gunpla police, but nothing proven.

Question is which gunpla for whom?
>>
>>14463213

I am at the "I can understand /m/'s frustrations over Try but I can't sympathize with their /m/asochism" position

>>14471508

3 Ingram colored Jegan De (ECOAS) with different heads if we want to make it blatantly obvious, we will need some IMAGINATION if we want something more interesting
>>
>>14471558
a kitbash of the hovertruck from 08thms, adzam legs, and a head like the apsalus, and some stuff for that possessed military labor from the start of the first movie
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.