[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /m/ try to pretend it's above "sales doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 1298687267559.png~c200.png (42 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1298687267559.png~c200.png
42 KB, 200x200
Why does /m/ try to pretend it's above "sales doesn't define show quality" when the very second there's a show you don't like vs something you like, you will immediate jump to it's sales as the first line of shitflinging.

I made a thread once before and asked if you believed sales influenced your opinions on shows and it was unanimous "I like what I like and don't like what I don't like" but you will immediately use sales to justify your opinions
>>
New to 4chan huh?

Welcome to /m/ son.
>>
File: gundam seed 00045.png (173 KB, 825x600) Image search: [Google]
gundam seed 00045.png
173 KB, 825x600
>>14458109
What I like is 100000000 million better then what all of you like.

You just have poor taste but don't know that yet.
That why you need our help to gate better taste

/sarcasm
>>
>>14458109
We're a bunch of cocksuckers.
>>
All Imagawa anime sold like shit, but I still love them all.

The only people who do this here are Gundamfags.
>>
>>14458109
Sales do matter, I'd be pretty upset if a show I like is actually popular. I try to avoid things that are talked about.
>>
>>14458109
Some of the highest rated shows on American TV are the shittiest of shit reality shows. Does that make them better than other shows on obscure networks that don't get endless news coverage and media attention?

Even within the same genre, what makes a show like Breaking Bad get more attention than a show like Justified? Shock value?
>>
>>14458217
Did G Gundam not do well? I would have thought it would have sold fine just because of the franchise it was attached to.

>>14458246
Marketing.
>>
File: 1428294515297.jpg (87 KB, 396x1198) Image search: [Google]
1428294515297.jpg
87 KB, 396x1198
>>14458246
>highest rated
He is not talking about highest rate but money rate.

If show generate a lot of money then it was success even if you hate it from all of your heart.

Even if all of your internet friends agree, it's still mean nothing.

Money > Your opinion
>>
File: smug 0016.jpg (46 KB, 640x527) Image search: [Google]
smug 0016.jpg
46 KB, 640x527
>>14458604
Basically, majority silent fans >>>>>>>>>> minority vocal hater
>>
>>14458109

I've not actually seen people use ratings to justify liking a show (or say it's good) nearly as much as to prove a shows popularity in general. Which is a separate and distinct thing, since you can dislike a show and think it's popular or vice versa.
>>
>>14458119
Yes?
>>
>>14458109
>Jesus confirms Love Live to be better than every mecha show
>MCU confirmed to be the best thing to happen to movies
>GTAV confirmed best game ever
>Twilight confirmed as the best written book
It's just a dick measuring contest. Everything is used to justify everything, but it's by no means a measure of quality
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.