[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
red frame is overrated in games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: MS04_900x600.jpg (271 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
MS04_900x600.jpg
271 KB, 900x600
Why are they so obsessed with this thing at a point where every gundam game is forced to have multiple version of it?

I never catched why especially in gundam breaker games instead of putting more unit variety they had to insert every version of the red, blue and green frame?
>>
>>14457656
It's not their fault you can't comprehend the gloriousness of the 1km nipponese katana folded over x100.000.000 times.
>>
File: Mbf-p02-powerloader.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Mbf-p02-powerloader.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>14457656
I used to think it was cool, because of the hilarious goofy shit it did like having a sword so big it was used for cutting up battleships, but because it was so big the only way he could wield it was by building a cargo loader suit for his MS.

Then I found out recently after playing Gundam Breaker 3 that it ends up going BACKPACKZ overdose like all the other shit in CE.
Killed my love for the suit super hard, that OP image makes me sick.
>>
>>14457724

While I can't say stuff like the OP killed my love for the suit, I definitely don't care for that particular loadout and think that's more suitable for the Blue Frame, since that was basically Gai's thing. I think most of the stuff I've seen of it, at least up to the Mars Frame is fine, since that just gives it a Gelgoog jacket, which is fun. It got some Delta backpack or something after that according to what I can see on the wikia, which doesn't seem nearly as cool and looks more serious. I liked the styling of Red being silly upgrades made to work, Blue being serious upgrades and Gold being edgy and kind of dumb.
>>
File: Astray_Red_Frame_Kai.jpg (54 KB, 408x400) Image search: [Google]
Astray_Red_Frame_Kai.jpg
54 KB, 408x400
>>14457747
Urgh that is some ugly shit. This entire universe has a terrible design process of sticking way too much random crap to their gundam units, and making everything gundams.
>>
>>14457656
How's Astray now? Do their swords fly now?
>>
>>14457724
>>14457747
>>14457795
OP here, I don't really mind red-blue-green frames design but I don't get why those units are so overused in most "pseudo-recent" games I played, in this case GB1-2 and exvFB
>>
>>14457903
Because it's easy as shit to include Astray variants because they are all 80% the same model.

Seriously, what answer are you even expecting here? There isn't an Astray conspiracy going on, it's just developer laziness.
>>
File: 11r.jpg (473 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
11r.jpg
473 KB, 1024x680
>>14457747
>It got some Delta backpack or something after that according to what I can see on the wikia, which doesn't seem nearly as cool and looks more serious.
Dude. It's a fucking bow. It's as far from serious as it gets. Though it also turns into the same sword as the Blue Frame if Lowe's bored.
>>
>>14457656
Easy to make variants of, Seed Astray stuff is popular and the Red Frame especially, because red katana sword gundam
>>
>>14457945
And arm blades. And a welder. And a grabby claw.

Lowe is just one step short of insane and basically builds whatever strikes his fancy at the moment.
>>
I love the Red Frame, but some of the upgrades meh and do not even reach the the glory of the Red Frame Powered in hilarious coolness.

Just make a mark 2 dammit...
>>
File: 2000.jpg (1 MB, 2000x2815) Image search: [Google]
2000.jpg
1 MB, 2000x2815
>>14458052
I think Mars Jacket is the only other good looking variant besides Powered. Vanilla red frame looks great on its own though.
>>
>>14458077
That notgelgoog looks fucking radical.
>>
>>14458188
Looks alot better than the suits in CE that aren't just homages but literal unoriginal ripoffs of the DOM, ZAKU, GOUF etc except worse looking.

It shows in further in this case that they had the subtly to call this loadout for the Astray the Mars Jacket instead of something like the GELGOOG ARMOR!
>>
>>14458077
Completely, agree. That variant looks good.

The only thing else that would look interesting is an SD variant with a Gerbera wrench and the V-fin's design changed to look like a wrench and a screwdriver
>>
>>14458188

Gelgoog Dias.
>>
File: Astray D and Astray Noir.png (3 MB, 1602x1058) Image search: [Google]
Astray D and Astray Noir.png
3 MB, 1602x1058
>still only one Blue frame in exvs
boo
>>
>>14457656
Red frame > Seed
>>
File: 4543112956927d.jpg (181 KB, 1500x999) Image search: [Google]
4543112956927d.jpg
181 KB, 1500x999
>>14457747
It's a fun kind of dumb though.

>>14461145
And that's why SRW W is the best Handheld entry. Too bad J has slightly better Originals.
>>
>>14457807
Most likely yes because with the introduction of OP image mirage colloid are basically GN particles now.
>>
>>14465679
The Cosmic era is shit, and one of those many reasons is the extremely rapid power creep over a much smaller period of time in-universe than the series it is a knockoff of.
>>
>>14464786
>Too bad J has slightly better Originals.
Even though I like Kazuma better than Touya and especially Calvina, I have to agree.
The large originals while initially fun made the game too boring.
>>
>>14465692
A big part of it is that the Astray series and most of the time, the Junk Guild, are the ones introducing the ridiculous technology. It ends up reading like fanfiction.
>>
>>14465694
The weird part is how W is a near copy of J, and has a largely superior cast list, but it is missing TIIIINY things that would make it perfect. It's missing J's version of Masqerade, no Brain Powered units or G Gundam (Domon could have taught Lowe the Shining Finger) No goddamn Layzner, and for some reason You Get To Burning is missing, though we do get Let's Go Gekiganger in exchange.

J on the other hand has better originals, but every unit it shares with W just looks wholely inferior now, because it is. The animations just aren't as good. It is however, in english, with some standout cast members like Layzner and the Gremkaiser, and Nelly Brain, so it has it's merits too.

The day W is translated is the day I become a very conflicted man.
>>
>>14459718
Underrated, also Rick Goog is perfectly acceptable.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.