[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the rest of Zeta as shit as the first few episodes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12
I just started watching Zeta. The whiny teen main character just stole a Gundam for the purpose of bullying a security guard, and then escaped with said Gundam and the AEUG. All of this because some guy said he had a girls name and hurt his feelings. Is the rest of the series this retarded? I'd like to temper my expectations if so.

This little kid, who's punching people in the face for insulting him, stealing Gundams, threatening to crush people, is he supposed to be the good guy? What the fuck?
>>
He's mad at Titans who fought in his home colony and crushed his home because they don't give a fuck about people like him and also they also did something very bad soon that you don't mention.

sage
>>
File: 1478742368974.png (1 MB, 989x1334) Image search: [Google]
1478742368974.png
1 MB, 989x1334
>>
Yes, keep at it bros! We're slowly defeating the Zeta wankfest, if we just keep shitposting people are sure to stop liking shows we can't be bothered to finish watching!
>>
>>14453717
Why don't you actually watch it?

Are you forgetting that Amuro was a whiny brat with a big ego in the first half of 0079?
>>
If you cant put up with Kamilles autism you can just watch New Translation.
>>
>>14453697
>they also did something very bad soon that you don't mention

Well I'm not that far yet that's why I'm asking. I'm basically wondering, is the kid going to be a whiny sociopath the entire series or will he develop into something less annoying?
>>
>>14453738
Yes.
>>
>>14453728
Yeah and I hated that part of 0079. That's why I love the series that avoid this trope, like Thunderbolt and to a lesser extent 08th MS Team and Stardust Memory. We can can all agree that Shiro and Kou had their whiny moments but at least they were actual soldiers with training and discipline.
>>
>>14453757
Maybe shows where characters actually grow and develop aren't your thing, maybe A/Z is more your speed.
>>
And this Is why /m/ can't be trusted with anything nice ever
>>
Behold neo-/m/!
>>
ancient pasta is ancient
>>
>>14453757
Kou was a faggot through out, right until the final moment of the show.
>>
>>14453689
just dont watch it. let the rest of us bask in its glory

best gundam music ever incoming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dl_q1DSVws
>>
>>14453759
>A/Z

Im new and what's this?
>>
>>14453759

You don't have to start as a literal child to grow as a character.
>>
>>14453757

Ova is better than tv series that represent the very core of gundam show itself ( 0079 and zeta).

You must be one of those short attention span kids who play games like LoL and still on the early 20s.
>>
>>14455438
You certainly don't, but that's missing the point of the Gundam series and many other mecha series that take inspiration from it. One of the big themes of these series is coming of age and responsibility. It is about how a kid will grow from an irresponsible teen to a young man because of the extreme circumstances of war.
>>
File: 1463023176516.jpg (121 KB, 1000x1240) Image search: [Google]
1463023176516.jpg
121 KB, 1000x1240
>>14453689
The first episodes aren't shit, they're kinda hard to watch the first time because you know nothing about Kamille. When you rewatch Zeta, they fit perfectly his evolution as a character, going from immature and angry teen to a more levelheaded pilot and soldier, but always holding back his sadness due to being a soldier when he didn't really wanted to and the numerous traumatic experiences he has during Zeta.
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
13 KB, 240x240
>>14453689
Zeta gets WAYYYY better when Axis Zeon is introduced. Not enough to redeem it in my eyes, but definitely enough to make it worth watching.

If you find the first few episodes a slog, watch the first two ANT movies and then jump into the third arc of the series.
>>
>>14455454
>represent the very core of gundam show itself ( 0079 and zeta).

Zeta is a pretty big departure from 0079, honestly. The Titans (and later Neo Zeon) are straight up Saturday Morning cartoon villains compared to the grounded and relatable mooks in 0079. People aren't nearly as insane/stupid in 0079 either. The "real robot" appeal is diluted really hard in Zeta/ZZ.
>>
>>14455668
I always thought that when Axis Zeon was introduced the series became more of a backstabbing contest than anything else.
>>
>>14453689
>protagonists are good guys
Eat shit
>>
The first 4-5 episodes of Zeta are the only good part.
>>
>>14455671
>relatable mooks who literally live in a legion of doom-esque fortress in the colony
Wew
>>
File: 1449159720820.png (62 KB, 198x235) Image search: [Google]
1449159720820.png
62 KB, 198x235
>there are people who don't love Kamille being an edgy cunt
>>
File: simus and challia.jpg (215 KB, 794x595) Image search: [Google]
simus and challia.jpg
215 KB, 794x595
>>14455711
That was just the Zabis. Most of the Zeons shown (Ramba, Denim, Challia, Lalah, Braskinev, etc.) were just dudes trying to do their job, as opposed to dudes who chuckled maniacally whenever Kamille/Judau dropped an ice cream cone.
>>
Yes Zeta is shit like 90% of gundam series.
>>
What are you fuckin gay?
>>
Don't worry OP, for the next 20 episodes Kamille will get punched, kicked or slapped pretty much every episode.
Look forward to it!
>>
>>14455737

Yazan, Lila, Mour, the Titan who saved Beltechorika from getting molested by feddies, the cyber newtype girls, Kackicorn, and even Jerid. None of those characters fit into the archetype you are claiming all the Titans fit into.

In reality Bask and Jamitov were scheming bastards who were willing to kill lots of civilians, and Scirroco was a scheming bastard who refused to kill civilians.

Neo Zeon had fairly decent people like Marshmellow and Puru as well.
>>
>>14455925
>the Titan who saved Beltechorika from getting molested by feddies
What episode?
>>
>>14455925
>Yazan
The guy who literally baited Emma into killing his own superior because reasons?
>>
>>14455950

He refused to kill civilians, and that commander was a dick.

>>14455947
Episode 37
>>
>>14455726
I want to say its an ironic sort of an enjoyment, but really its sorta just true to life. Kids his age are like that.
Otherwise he'd just be a garry sue as well. This way people have good reason to slap him around and call him a little shit.
>>
>>14455956
Huh. You're right.
>>
>>14455999
>>14455956
>>14455925
>meanwhile his buddies were gassing a colony
>>
File: 12341.jpg (1 MB, 1912x2848) Image search: [Google]
12341.jpg
1 MB, 1912x2848
>>14456015
Could have at least taken things into context.
>>
>>14455668
Nah, Axis was a mistake. Titans were already in-fighting in some cases so there really wasn't any need to bring them into the show. They didn't want the 0079 cast to overshadow the new crew, yet bringing back old villians really hurt the new ones.
>>
>>14455925
>decent people like Marshmellow

Didn't that dude, in his rose humping frenzy, nuke UK or something?
>>
File: makes sense ft mouar.jpg (265 KB, 1018x1018) Image search: [Google]
makes sense ft mouar.jpg
265 KB, 1018x1018
>>14456103
>>
>>14456655
Haman put him in charge of the colony drop on Dublin. He never forgave himself for his involvement in that, and became much more ruthless and brutal as a result.
>>
>>14456701
Didn't they also perform tests on old marshmellow?
>>
>>14456716
All of Haman's commanders that had survived up until the Neo Zeon Civil War had been forcibly converted into Cyber-Newtypes.
>>
File: MauaANT.jpg (36 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
MauaANT.jpg
36 KB, 720x404
>>14456103
Maua is underrated
>>
>>14455925
>Yazan, Lila, Mour, ... and even Jerid. None of those characters fit into the archetype you are claiming all the Titans fit into.
What
>>
>a board full of autists
>a gundam series literally focused around an autist
>"Shit"

Shouldn't this series be worshipped?

Besides, the animation is a massive improvement.
>>
>>14458450
An improvement but still not spectacular for its time.
>>
>>14455925
Yazan is literally a Mad Max character, the cyber newtypes are angst-ridden supermen, and Jerid went "lol sorry I murdered your mom faggot" at Kamille.

They're all either the most 'anime' of anime characters, or maniacs.
>>
>>14458937

Ok, even if that was true, we were talking about them playing the role of stereotypical cartoon "cackling nazI' villains. Which fits for Bask and maybe Jamitov, but not for the others.
>>
>>14455593
What the heck is that rifle? I don't think I've ever seen the Mk. II holding that before.
>>
>>14459364
If you look closer at that page, you'll see it says Evolve 2.
>>
>>14457379
Yazan was not a back stabby type like much of the higher crust of the Titans echelon. He was a rabbid sadist who got exotic pleasure from stabbing a person to death from the front, More so the person that Scirroco would want as a follower.

Lila was not actually a Titan, formal Federation officer who fought in the One Year War who just so happend to be a part of the pursuit force of the Argama. She was a patriot of the Federation, so she generally could not accept the idea of the Titans using NBC weapons on Side 1. Good woman who just so happened to be on the wrong side of history.

Mouar was a person with little ideals, she lived much of her screen time worshiping Jerid. Her political motives never came to a head, she was more of just a loyal object to Jerid.

Jerid started out as an arrogant prick, but he was for a time starting to become a likable, and somwhat respectable guy who only wanted the best for the Titans. His ambition however was overshadowed by his crippling hatred of Kammile following the death of Morua. After that, he become a demented bastard who was more than happy to team kill and murder his way out of wrath.
>>
>>14453689

are you as shit as your post?
>>
>>14456103
>several hundred colonies
Damn, how many of those cylinders are there?

They never really establish how big a "side" is aside from 7, which is one colony in 0079 and 2 vy Zeta, do they?
>>
>>14453738
No. He stays a whiny sociopath and forms a harem of other whiny sociopaths who win through beam spam and understanding.
>>
>>14456103
That's literally the same reasoning Zeon used when dropping the colony
>>
>>14459947
we're never given any concrete numbers, but it'd have to be in the high hundreds or low thousands considering most of humanity lives in space (at least pre-OYW they did)

side has nothing to do with numbers, side is just a collection of colonies at a certain lagrange point
>>
>>14453689
It gets somewhat better, then you have to deal with Katz.
>>
File: Como você é burro.jpg (74 KB, 1331x807) Image search: [Google]
Como você é burro.jpg
74 KB, 1331x807
>>14459980
>>
>>14460079
Haha, well meme'd friend!
>>
>>14459501
>but he was for a time starting to become a likable
When he kicked Kamille, sure.
>>
>>14453937
Fate/Zero prequel. Although it's A.Z, technically.
>>
>>14453757
Any other Gundams like Thunderbolt?

I've been trying to get into the franchise but this is the first one I've seen where it actually feels like a war I can take seriously. I only saw bits of the original (didnt really like it) and just started Turn A (which I like but it has these parts that make me go 'eh'. its really good when it wants to be, though)
>>
>>14460602
Stardust Memory and 08th MS Team, if by "like Thunderbolt" you mean the MC isn't a teenager who just happened to fall dick first into the Gundam's cockpit.
>>
>>14453689
It gets better
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.