[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gatchaman CROWDS/INSIGHT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
I've just finished season 1, but I'm not really sure what to feel about this series. What does /m/ think of it?
>>
Hajime is cute.
>>
:>
>>
File: knee-know-me-yeah.png (708 KB, 1278x717) Image search: [Google]
knee-know-me-yeah.png
708 KB, 1278x717
>>
>>14453674
I thought the first one was fine, but I really, really liked Insight.

Both were better than the godawful atrocious OVA from the 90s.
I only saw the movie version of the original Gatchaman though, I'll have to get around to downloading the full BD release of the series one day. But the original was good in itself as well, from what I could tell from the film version.

But all of the iterations differ from each other in some way or another, so I can understand if /m/ doesn't like Crowds.

I guess it would be the same difference between the original Casshan, the 90s OVA, and Sins. Some people only like one and dislike the others, or some people don't have autism and are able to enjoy each of the different Casshans or Gatchamans for what they are, like me.

Except for when they're objectively poorly directed and made like the Gatchaman OVA.
>>
>>14453763

> Some people only like one and dislike the others, or some people don't have autism and are able to enjoy each of the different Casshans or Gatchamans for what they are, like me.

So what you're saying is that anyone who doesn't like everything has autism? And that you yourself have autism because you don't like one of those things?
>>
It's autismal and gay.
>>
Wait, is there a new gachaman? I knew it was going to air but i totally forgot about it. Is it good?
>>
>>14453763

I guess I'm a little prejudiced having been familiar with the original series, and expected CROWDS to follow the same plot/themes. It was weird for me watching their transformations.

>Paimon's doesn't even remotely resemble a bird's. Or does it?
>>
>>14453783
Maybe

My point is that not liking solely because it's different from the other entries in a franchise is autistic. It's saying it's "not like muh X" or "not a proper Y show"
>>
>>14453795

It was aired 2013. "Gatchaman CROWDS", followed by "Gatchaman CROWDS insight" in 2015.
>>
>>14453803

Maybe people don't like it not because of autism, but because they changed the show into something radically different that also seems to cater to weirdos and hipsters.
>>
>>14453816
>yo social media is fucking dumb, you don't need all these people around
>you can be autistic, just don't be autistic about being autistic
>cyberbullying don't real, stop being a fag
I stopped watching halfway through Crowds so I dunno what the other messages are but the OP and G-G-G-G-GATCHAMAAAAAN were fantastic
>>
>>14453787

Each character in the series is the definition of the word "gay" in one way or another.
>>
>>14453823

Pretty sure it never said that social media is dumb. In fact, using social media to do good things was kind of the point of Crowds. It definitely said that people could get shitty with and about it, but that the way to deal with it isn't to call the whole thing dumb and give up on it, but instead to ignore that particular instance, switch off for a while if need be but just find better things to do with it in the end.
>>
>>14453810
Yeah i mean Insight, i didnt know a second season aired. Never watched the original gatchaman though.
>>
>>14453832
It's been a while.
>>
>>14453844

I'm almost halfway through insight, and it's getting difficult for me to watch. Major plot holes, particularly the mobile app elections, among other things.
>>
>>14453674
I quite enjoyed the first season, I thought it was a neat take on social media, and I love the art style. The second season was ok, it only took a bit to get going I thought, but the second season gave me this song: m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQMmDqXx0Ns

So there's that.
>>
>>14453799
>Paimon's doesn't even remotely resemble a bird's. Or does it?
Has wings at least.
>>
I liked the artstyle (aside from the fucking CG) and the soundtrack a whole lot, but everything else was incredibly mediocre. It was a little weird how literally every single one of the protagonists was a fag.
>>
Was it ever explained how or why Berg Katze ended up trapped/living inside Hajime?
>>
>>14453892
>It was a little weird how literally every single one of the protagonists was a fag.

What. Please explain.
>>
>>14453892
>literally every single one of the protagonists was a fag
The truth right there.
>>
>>14453892
There was only like two and one of them was hot.
>>
Crowds is a criminally underappreciated metaphor for the internet. Insight wasn't as good, but still worth a watch.

>>14453918
Watch the director's cut/episode 13
>>
>>14453795
It's quirky but pretty decent.
>>
>>
File: space invasion.jpg (124 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
space invasion.jpg
124 KB, 1280x720
>>14453674

It's a nice social commentary on the ups and downs of a social media society. The subject matter is quite relevant from an imageboarder's perspective, particularly Crowds' message about the positives of crowdsourcing and the dangers of trolling.

That said, Newbie 2.0 whatsherface from GC:Insight who I literally cannot remember the name of took waaaaay too long to be relevant in any capacity greater than "hey let's totally undermine democracy by getting people to dump their responsibilities on the space alien, that's cool right?"
>>
>>14454063
I bet thats a girl dressing as a boy who cross-dresses
>>
>>14453892

O.D. and Berg Katze are aliens, so human social conventions shouldn't be applied to them. The only actually gay characters are Sugane and Jou and maybe Rui, though he's more just a crossdresser.
>>
>>14454084
Sugane puts up the airs of gayness just for that fag hag pootang.
>>
>>14454076

>Tsubasa
She's been getting on my nerves since the moment she became a Gatchaman.
>>
>>14454115
Yeah, anyway she gets shit on pretty hard for her stupidity.

I recall her improving after getting egg-faced, but it's a slow buildup to that point.
>>
>>14453674
The art style was atrocious and it has nothing to do with gatchaman,
>>
>>14454121
it takes 10 or 11 episodes to get shit on, too long.
>>
>>14454151

>"space ninja heroes"
>plot revolves around the responsible use of technology for progress
>alien enemy/ies

still Gatchaman, albeit a different universe and deviates far from the original's overall aesthetic.
>>
File: 1377357777902.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1377357777902.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>14453846
>>14453832

Spot on about cyber bullying though.

If you let that shit get to you at all then you are R-E tarded
>>
>>14453674

I went in expecting space cops. What I got... surprised me.

Hajime, at first, comes off as a generic genki bimbo pixie dream girl type... but as the show goes on it becomes clear that Hajime (despite maybe being autistic) is actually probably the smartest member of the cast. Not in a book smart sort of way, but just because she asks the important questions and doesn't make the same assumptions that everyone else does. She is just really perceptive and good at patterns and seeing things from different points of view.

CROWDS turns out to be some of the best social commentary I have seen in a while, especially in regards to the internet. We contextualize it into message board stuff because we are 4chan, but its message really applies to any form of internet communication.

It was also interesting to see how, in both seasons, the Gatchaman are almost helpless. They can punch aliens good, but when their enemy is societal change and memes none of their powers matter.

I found the idea of Galax to be cool as shit, and I really wanted to see Ruri's plan succeed, but I also understand why it didn't.

I thought Insight was just weird as fuck and didn't really know where they were going with it for a long time. It has an interesting message and they do some great work with it, but the lack of a actual villain figure to give focus to (which is for reasons that I totally understand) makes it feel aimless for a while. I kept expecting 'the plot' to start, when it was actually already in full swing.

All in all, I really liked both but I consider the first season to be stronger. The second season gets mad probs for doubling down and tackling the message that they did, though.
>>
File: Gatchaman_(film)_poster.jpg (276 KB, 573x800) Image search: [Google]
Gatchaman_(film)_poster.jpg
276 KB, 573x800
still better than this garbage
>>
>>14453674

I hated it. It was basically Gatchaman for the Twitter/Reddit/SJW crowd. I simply couldn't see any appeal in it whatsoever.

The entire cast being made of sexual deviants or faggots is a big goddamn warning sign. Doesn't it seem weird to anyone that - in the past - people like Rui would be the villain (The original Berg-Katze was a transsexual) and X was a god damn Skynet?
>>
Seriously? Is everyone in this series actually gay? I thought it was some sort of joke meme.
>>
>>14456657

Rui was regarded as a villain for part of the show, even if a sympathetic one. X being Skynet but likable is fine, at least to me, because scaremongering of the idea of computers controlling something is idiotic anyways.

>>14456685

It is a meme.
>>
>>14453674
Din't include "Gatchaman" in the title and we're all good.
>>
File: 1464343456843.png (63 KB, 448x327) Image search: [Google]
1464343456843.png
63 KB, 448x327
>>14457743
>sage
>thread still bumps
>>
The first one had some bumps, and wasn't clear enough a lot of people. I had to literally process everything after the season aired. Especially since the last episode was not the best.
The second season is a lot clearer about its subject matter, and how Tsubasa develops. Thus it felt more palatable to a wider audience for me. But, I did miss funky colors of the first series.
The OSTs a super awesome earcandy, and I'm glad to have Hajime-chan on my shelf!

Those are my opinions.
>>
>>14456685

There's a little homoerotic subtext (fujoshi bait, basically), but no one is actually gay.

OD, Katze, and Rui are males who act and dress feminine, but the former two are aliens and Rui is just a trap.
>>
>>14453674
CROWDS > Gatchaman
>>
>>14458267

No one really dwells on Rui's trapishness in the show, even. Everyone either treats Rui the same as a girl, or it doesn't come up. Its made clear to the audience that Rui is a boy, and Hajime clearly knows, but everyone kind of just decides to not discuss it or give it any special focus.

Even Rui never seems to dwell on it. Its just, like, his outfit. Given no more mention or weight than the clothes any other cast member wears.

I found that kind of surprising.
>>
>>14453674
Rui was really erotic when he was high as a kite in S2.

>>14454266
That kinda only works when you don't need online plattforms to make a living or in order to not become an outcast to your peer group.
>>
>>14462868
CUTE
>>
>>14462868
>Rui was really erotic when he was high as a kite in S2.

Honestly those scenes just made me uncomfortable for a reason I couldn't put my finger on. Its like, after seeing him crossdress the rest of the time, seeing him hang around in boy clothes was just like seeing him be naked or something.

Galax was a bro, though.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.