[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/ help me settle a SEED debate. What wrecked Freedom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8
File: Providence_Destroyed.png (39 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
Providence_Destroyed.png
39 KB, 200x113
Hey /m/ help me settle a SEED debate.

What wrecked Freedom at the end of SEED: the GENESIS shot, or the GENESIS shot hitting Providence as pictured (nuclear powered lest we forget), which then exploded?
>>
>>14453625
Neither. The Freedom lost its arm, leg and head during the fight with the Providence. Kira darted out of the way towards the upper left of the shot you posted before the Genesis fired or the Providence exploded.
>>
>>14453647
What was Freedom caught in then? Scene in question:

http://sendvid.com/enwtisb3
>>
>>14453647
Freedom was still caught in the explosion. It's how the wings were ripped off.
>>
>>14453652
>>14453654
As far as the anime actually shows, the Freedom dodges well out of the way before the shot from Genesis or the explosion from the Providence can damage it. As a result I'd assume that the explosion from Genesis is what damages the wings on the Freedom, but there's nothing in the last five minutes that explicitly show that damage taking place.
>>
>>14453652
>>14453654
>>14453667
Actually no I'm retarded.

The orange in the shot makes me assume that it's the Providence explosion.
>>
>Everything SEED is utter shit
Debate settled.
>>
>>14453672
I hate the majority of SEEDs fanbase but the show itself doesn't do anything too terrible. Having Kira survive the explosion from the Aegis without any explanation is the lowest point in the series but everything else is relatively fine, I have no idea why it's such a touchy subject for so many here.
>>
File: gundam 0002.jpg (133 KB, 1243x708) Image search: [Google]
gundam 0002.jpg
133 KB, 1243x708
>>14453686
Side story say hello

Gundam series love side stories
>>
File: 1429414301471.jpg (370 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429414301471.jpg
370 KB, 1440x1080
>>14453686
Destiny is hated and they take it out on the original SEED which I actually like, tough the original ending where Flay was a human bomb Athrun lost a leg and Kira + All of the archangel die wouldve made it so much better Trust me anon /m/ is the last place for a rational discussion about Robot anime
>>
>>14453751
SEED and Destiny are both shit and around the same level in terms of plot and characters. Destiny just manages to be worse with its shit production values.
>>
>>14453686
>I have no idea why it's such a touchy subject for so many here.
Same face art style, horrible Original Character Do Not Steal plot ripped straight from MSG, stock footage reuse, too many recap episodes, general Kira and Lacus are always right and do no wrong fatigue, ect.
>>
>>14454246
Drops everything interesting about the story/setting to slum with the most generic story paths after the Strike/Aegis battle, Kira/Lacus have no chemistry while it feels like she brainwashed him, show tries to be all like "really guys, I'm a serious war story here" but the MS are doing poses ripped from a super robot show while the story is pretty black and white, show tries to say we should never fight but ignores setting details that would say otherwise and instead tries to pin it all on racism, it has become more cliche due to how other shows copied it afterward, the problems people have with Destiny are present to a more limited degree in SEED, Nicol's Remastered death, and eventually shitting away any and all potential.
>>
>>14453859
Destiny had higher production values than SEED, the reason it has so much stock footage is because Morosawa is infamous for handing in scripts late which gives the studio very little time to animate episodes. Destiny's stock footage is also a lot flashier than anything in SEED which makes it stand out a lot more.
>>
File: 1225910063302.png (29 KB, 875x880) Image search: [Google]
1225910063302.png
29 KB, 875x880
>mfw when people debate Gundam seed.
>>
>>14456308
>the reason it has so much stock footage is because Morosawa is infamous for handing in scripts late which gives the studio very little time to animate episodes.

According to an animation director.

According to Fukuda, the show became behind schedule because of him arguing with the producer. One side wanted better quality, the other wanted to stick to the schedule. Fukuda didn't mention who was which.*

But he did mention that people shouldn't talk about the production, only the product. And members of the production speaking out against the show is unforgivable.

* Way I see it, either it went:
> Producer: Fukuda, this show is shit. Put some more work into it. And for fuck's sake, do some revisions to the script. Shinn and his allies are the guys we're trying to sell now, not the SEED cast. Don't ignore this what we're promoting in order to sell old toys.
> Fukuda: But then we'd be behind schedule and wouldn't be using my wife's scripts.

or

> Producer: Fukuda, get someone else to write the show. Your wife is holding everyone up.
> Fukuda: But then the show wouldn't be as good.
>>
File: Fukuda is a moron.png (250 KB, 1420x1116) Image search: [Google]
Fukuda is a moron.png
250 KB, 1420x1116
>>14456946
>According to Fukuda,
And Fukuda is the most unreliable pile of excrement the animation industry has ever seen. That panel he had shortly after SEED was just him making shit up on the fly.
>>
>>14456408
>snapfit-kun hasn't killed himself yet
>>
>>14453625
Plot
>>
>>14459344

It says alot that Fukuda's so low tier in the industry SRW shat all over his shows and writing, as opposed to them tip toeing around Aquarion Evol's flaws because they didn't want to anger Kawamori who has far more influence. Well in part 1 anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.