[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fact that so many books still name Mobile Suit Gundam as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: scruffy.jpg (7 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
scruffy.jpg
7 KB, 209x204
The fact that so many books still name Mobile Suit Gundam as “the greatest or most significant or most influential” mecha anime ever only tells you how far mecha still is from becoming a serious art. SoL fans have long recognized that the greatest SoL anime of all times are Yuru Yuri and Azumanga Daioh, which were not the most famous or watched or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Horror fans the highly controversial Genocyber over horror anime that were highly popular in otaku conventions around Japan. Mecha fans are still blinded by commercial success. Gundam sold more than anything else (not true, by the way), therefore it must have been the greatest. SoL fans grow up watching a lot of SoL anime of the past, horror fans grow up watching a lot of horror anime of the past. Mecha fans are often totally ignorant of the mecha anime of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Gundam was anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: No one cares.png (215 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
No one cares.png
215 KB, 500x375
>>14452058
>>
>>14452058
>how far mecha still is from becoming a serious art

When you have a giant robot, you don't need art at all.

HOWEVER, a good theme song is recomended
>>
>>14452085
Can't wait to see this pasta in every upcoming IBO S2 thread.

>Implying books that discuss the history of mecha exist and are worth anyone's time

Outstanding bait.
>>
>>14452085
Go Oberstein go!
>>
File: Lasers.jpg (89 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Lasers.jpg
89 KB, 500x750
>>14452160
Go go Oberstein Laser eyes.

>>14452133
It's gonna be breath taking.
>>
>>14452133
Hell,
>Implying there's anything resembling a consensus as to the "greatest or most significant or most influential" mecha anime
>>
>>14452058
>mecha fans are often totally ignorant of the mecha anime of the past
>Mobile Suit Gundam is all they love
pick one or the other, props for mentioning Genocyber though
>>
File: cromartie.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
cromartie.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>14452058
>SoL fans have long recognized that the greatest SoL anime of all times are Yuru Yuri and Azumanga Daioh,
Yuru Yuri isn't even in the top ten.
>>
>>14452058
>Gundam sold more than anything else (not true, by the way)
I thought gundam was one of the most profitable anime properties of all time? What sells more?
>>
yuru yuri sucks and the azumanga daioh anime is an insult to the source material
>>
>>14452259
Transformers probably
>>
>>14452266
But YrYr is great
S3 was weak and they took my hajimaru-yo away from me but I loved the series.
>>
>>14452058
>that the greatest SoL anime of all times are Yuru Yuri
>Yuru Yuri
Who the fuck even talks about that anymore? Yeah it got 3 seasons and that's pretty impressive but Azumanga is a goddamn treasure that has endured in consciousness for years. I think K-On is more relevant than that Yuri piece of shit
>>
I haven't been on/mu/ in ages, is scruffles still relevant there? I hopersonally so.
>>
>>14452478
he isn't.

Also his list of "greatest animated films" includes gundam even though it's not a film.
>>
>>14452344
For it to claim that there should be active threads about it.

It also suffers from Seinfeld Syndrome.
>>
>>14452500
Haha, I haven't seen this list, I have to find it.
>>
>>14452259
Does Gundam have good DVD and BD sales? I thought the franchise was kept afloat because of all the model kits.
>>
>>14452580
Every series has merch. It's like saying Macross isn't popular because only the music sells, that'd just be silly.
>>
File: A CHAR.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
A CHAR.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
>>14452515
>K-On!
>Seinfeld Effect
Are you an idiot?
>>
>>14452515
There is almost always at least one K-On thread on /a/ at most times.
>>
Go home /mu/, you're on the wrong board again and you're getting your pasta everywhere.
>>
>>14452889
Well, it can't be worse than the /tg/ pasta about SJWs and tabletop games.
>>
>>14452844
Fix your reading comprehension. At no point was I ever talking about k-on.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.