[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kawamori The next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13
File: kawamori_new-1200x630.jpg (251 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
kawamori_new-1200x630.jpg
251 KB, 1200x630
Teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np0gCP-YNpQ&feature=youtu.be

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/07/01/shoji-kawamori-to-helm-new-anime-series-global-release-planned/#28bbab883f25

>Satelight and Xiamen Skyloong Media are teaming up for a new Shoji Kawamori anime series, which sounds like it has strong cyberpunk overtones.

>This new series seems to move into new territory for him though, as the announcement explains, “The new series is set in a near-future world where the boundary between human being and AI is vague. A rapid biological evolution, similar to “Cambrian Explosion,” is caused by one incident. This incident turns into the genesis of a new jostle for supremacy, and the influence of the evolution goes beyond biological framework and spreads to various kinds of materials and technologies. The era of massive evolution involving diverse existences, such as human, machines and biotechnologies, is coming. Characters fight an existential war in such a world.”

With a plan to air for 26 episodes at 30 minutes a piece with a release sometime next year, it sounds like this new TV series could be very interesting indeed.

The other big thing here is that this new series will receive a global release. This is something that Kawamori has talked about in my prior interviews with him, specifically that his work on Macross has been unnecessarily landlocked to Japan. Not to mention, that the appropriation of his work in Robotech lacked any form of proper accreditation in terms of his involvement.

In that sense, this new series will finally allow Kawamori to reach a much wider audience as well as enable him to be properly credited.
Is this going to be mecha?

>>
File: 1467679887744.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1467679887744.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>14451764
>Kawamori outside Macross
>Kawamori in general
>>
File: Screenshot at 16-07-05 18-26-41.png (390 KB, 851x475) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot at 16-07-05 18-26-41.png
390 KB, 851x475
>>14451764
>Is this going to be mecha?
I hope it is. At least that silhouette looks like mecha or maybe power armor.
>>
>not Macross
Get ready for shit while he saves up the goods for Macross 35
>>
>>14451764
>DUDE TRANSHUMANISM LMAO!
This is either gonna be hilarious or a complete bore.
>>
>>14451772

That clown can't tie a noose save his life.
>>
File: w0spJDq - Imgur.gif (591 KB, 270x288) Image search: [Google]
w0spJDq - Imgur.gif
591 KB, 270x288
>>14451772
If anything his non-Macross stuff is even better.
>>
>Kawamori
>Satelight

Dead on arrival
>>
>>14451764
it's going to be moeshit
>>
>>14451764
fuck off ollie stop shilling your articles here
>>
>>14452201

But AKB0048!
>>
File: shoji kawamori.jpg (114 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
shoji kawamori.jpg
114 KB, 1200x675
I want this show to literally be about Shoji Kawamori.
>>
>>14452311
frame it like those Astro Boy comics where Tezuka intros them.
like, it opens with the back of Kawamori's chair [bong sound intensifies], then he spins around coughing smoke out and is all "oh wow (coughcough) there's people. dude you know what would be cool if like some idols were in the future and shit here's a cartoon about it"
>>
>>14452311
Blue Blazes but in the future and about anime

>>14452180
That show is really underrated
>>
>>14452351
>That show is really underrated

No one picked up not even fansubbers
>>
>>14452180
>Arujuna
>Aquarion
>Aquarion Evol
>AKB0048
>Nobunaga The Fool

Yeah.......no.
>>
File: DATABASE.gif (1 MB, 208x186) Image search: [Google]
DATABASE.gif
1 MB, 208x186
>>14452201
>Satelight
>Dead on arrival

>Implying Aquarion, Symphogear, and Log Horizon haven't been successful
>>
>>14452556
Aquarion only sold songs.
Symphogear is the only real success.
>>
>>14452563
Dong Horizon was the hot shit for a good minute man. I say that having not seen a single second of it.
>>
>>14452311
Anime about Kawamori building Valkyries out of Legos when?
>>
>>14452627
>shitty SoL
>>
This is going to be Kawamori's next Arjuna.

Screencap this.
>>
>>14451764
Did he got butthurt because he couldn't stream Macross Delta worldwide?
>>
>>14452077
Vision Escaflowne >>> Macross

What's your point?
>>
>>14452809
Which he didn't direct or do designs for.

Your point?
>>
>>14452802
Ecobullshit?
>>
>>14452813
Did the "the influence of the evolution goes beyond biological framework and spreads to various kinds of materials and technologies" not make that obvious?
>>
>>14452815
I don't know it just sounded like "Dude I just watched Ghost in the Shell it was so enlightening and shit", not so much like ecobullshit.
>>
>>14452812
>Shoji Kawamori first proposed the series after a trip to Nepal, during which he visited the foggy mountain region and pictured a hidden world where an epic focusing on both fate and divination should be set. When he returned, he proposed the series to Bandai Visual and Sunrise. According to Kawamori, his pitch for the series was simple: "if Macross was robotic mecha and love songs, why not a story about robotic mecha and divining powers?
>>
File: Kawamori.png (522 KB, 1600x901) Image search: [Google]
Kawamori.png
522 KB, 1600x901
>>14452812
He's credited for it retard

so Vision Escaflowne >>> Macross.

Your point?
>>
>>14452821
It'll be GiTS but with Laughing Man replaced by a cybernetic whale.

Screencap this.
>>
>>14452815
>>14452821
(you)
No, it's cyberpunk. Are you retarded?
>>
>>14452822
>>14452825
He didn't direct it you massive fucktard. So unlike Aquarion, he wasn't there to actively ruin it. Anything Kawamori directs turns to shit.
>>
>>14452204
How?
>>
>>14452834
>cyberpunk can't contain ecological themes

Kawamorifags need to stop sucking his nonexistent cock.
>>
>>14452836
Who fuckin care when he's written it?
>>
Why Tomino and Kawamori get so much shitpost on /m/?
>>
>>14452848
He only wrote the first episode and came up with the overall concept. The execution had little to nothing to do with him.

He's a massive hack outside of being a mecha designer.
>>
File: teh-kek.jpg (175 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
teh-kek.jpg
175 KB, 500x382
>>14452834
>Kawamori
>Not having forced ecological bullshit in one of his works
>>
>>14452859
>The Vision of Escaflowne - Original Creator, scenario, Series Script Supervisor, Script (episode 01)

Try harder
>>
>>14452914
>He only wrote the first episode and came up with the overall concept.

Wow, so EXACTLY what I said! Bravo faggot.
>>
>>14452930
So The Vision of Escaflowne>> Macross
Your point retard?
>>
>>14452941
He had little to nothing to do with Escaflowne while his dick was all the way in Macross. That's why it's better.

I love how you also don't mention his other shitshows like Nobunaga, Aquarion and EVOL, Arjuna, and every other non-Macross show he did have a hand in directing and all turned to pure diarrhea.
>>
>>14452914

A script supervisor is a pretty big job with a lot of influence on most parts of a production. A director has more influence, but a script supervisor, especially one who created the work in the first place, would have nearly as much in most cases.
>>
>>14452959
You're talking out your ass
>>
File: dog-fucker.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dog-fucker.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>14452959
The important thing is that a script supervisor doesn't write the lines himself or control the pacing. Both of which Kawamori has no talent for. That all falls on the director and actual writers. Script supervisor just means that he keeps the overall story in line with his original concept.

It's a shame that being script supervisor is usually enough for Kawamori to fuck up a show though. The people behind Escaflowne were lucky.
>>
You fags do realize that Kawamori is fairly hands off with most of his works right? The shows in which he had the most involvement in (Arujuna, Aquarion, Aquarion EVOL, Macross Zero, Nobunaga The Fool) were all horseshit
>>
>>14452990
He's going to have a big hand in this one, so you should know what to expect.
>>
>>14452997
I doubt it. It's probably just "Chief Supervisor" and mecha design.

Why was the last time Kawamori actually directed something? Macross Zero Ovas?
>>
>>14452982

The script supervisor does however dictate what happens in any given episodes and can veto an episode or send it back for re-scripting if it doesn't line up with his vision of what should be happening. He's essentially the screen-writer's direct boss. He also helps the editors decide what to cut and what to keep and dictates the overall flow of a show, deciding what happens in what episode, when and how. The position is credited as series composition in some cases for that reason.
>>
>>14453013
Try EVOL, AKB, and Arjuna. He's credited for Delta too.
>>
>>14453032
he wasn't credited for the 14 episodes of Delta as the director, only for the storyboard sometimes. Same for Evol and akb.
>>
>>14453032
>EVOL
He's credited as cheif director. Yamamoto was the actual director and he left him along with Mari Okada to work on AKB.
>AKB
>Delta
Also cheif director but he did do storyboards for both

Kawamori hasn't directed a Macross since Zero which ironically is the only series it which he directed and wrote himself. Arjuna was also all directed and written by him.
>>
>>14451764
He's experimenting again? And why is a chinese group with them?
>>
Who is Xiamen Skyloong Media?
>>
>>14452853
Because they are both well known in /m/ circles and Macross and Gundam are arguably the most popular mecha IPs
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>14453651
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiamen_Media_Group

The chinese are the one investing on the new anime, the anime probably won't have anything related to politics I think.
>>
more detailed premise:

The journey to end war using songs instead of weapons which I depicted in “The Super Dimension Fortress MACROSS,” the mind control and AI losing control which I depicted in “MACROSS Plus,” the relation between human and destiny which I depicted in “The Vision of Escaflowne,” the tie between heart, body and soul which I depicted in “Aquarion” series, and the aggregate of life form and the emotional link with the earth which I depicted in “MACROSS Frontier”...
When I worked on these works, the depicted themes were pies in the air, but now they have gradually become realty in realistic shapes.
AI has been widely used in our daily life, and autonomous cars will become more common in a few years. Humanoid robots are not rare anymore, and prolonging life by using biotechnology is no longer a pipe dream.
The boundary between developed technologies and human beings is becoming obscure, and the time when we have to seek the meaning of mankind’s existence is coming before long.
What are Human Beings—?
>>
>>14453947
Joy, Anger, Sorrow, Feeling, and Love. What is the power of “Emotion” that distinguishes human and machines?
What I want to depict in this work is the potential humans have. The rapid biological evolution, just like “Cambrian Explosion,” is caused by one incident. This incident turns into the genesis of a new jostle for supremacy. The influence of the evolution goes beyond biological framework and spreads to various kinds of materials and technologies. The era of massive evolution involving diverse existences, such as human, machines and biotechnologies, is coming.
Who is going to survive? Human, or other existence—
The main characters who are forced to be involved with a war for existence of species grope for ways to survive by crossing the boundaries of differences in ideas and species. Since they live in such a hard time, the real potential humans have might reveal. I want to pin such hope in the story.
Organic compounds and inorganic compounds, light and darkness, life and death… The intersection of two completely opposite elements often prompts signs of new potentials. I am going to challenge to create a piece of entertainment that no one has ever seen by combining the “coolest” forefront technologies and the drive of human’s burning souls, just like how the species evolved.
>>
File: ok.jpg (14 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
14 KB, 300x296
>>14453950
>I am going to challenge to create a piece of entertainment that no one has ever seen by combining the “coolest” forefront technologies and the drive of human’s burning souls, just like how the species evolved.
>>
Time for another love triangle with a tweest at the end
>>
File: laughing megazones.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
laughing megazones.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>14453947
>>14453950
This is embarrassing.

Has he been living under a rock for the past 30 years?

None of that shit is new at all, it's been criticized and discussed to hell and back, yet he's talking about it like it's the most mind-blowing concept of all fucking time.
>>
>>14454094
He's been blazing it 420 for the past 30 years, he's fucking tripping balls. Again.
>>
File: is that rick from pawn stars.png (156 KB, 362x259) Image search: [Google]
is that rick from pawn stars.png
156 KB, 362x259
>>14453947
>>14453950
This reads like a propaganda pamphlet.

>>14454111
Does weed give people a messiah complex or is it just Kawamori being himself?
>>
>>14454146
It's just Kawamori being himself.
>>
>>14455943
Yes
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.