[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JIBUN WO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: main2.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
main2.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/03/code-geass-escaflowne-get-blu-ray-release
>>
>>14448862
I'm not going to give any money for escaflowne. getting rid of the Canadian dub.
>>
>>14448908
It has both dubs though.
>>
>>14449022
really? I read in multiple places they dropped the canadian dub.
>>
>>14448862
But we already had an Escaflowne BD.
>>
Escaflowne is the most overrated price of shit with a plot that nose dives quicker than valvrave did.

Fight me
>>
>>14449022
nices one by the way
>>
>>14449072
where does it confirm both dubs? seriously. i'll buy it if it has both dubs.
>>
>>14449038
And a Code Geass BD.

What gives?
>>
>>14449065
No need to, I know you're just shitposting as always, valvrager.
>>
>>14449029

as far as i know, funimation is only having their dub on the blu ray, due to the added content.

they are re releasing the old dub on dvd for some kickstarter backers, and maybe a special edition, but again, its the same content, not blu ray
>>
Only Euros had the BD.

Not the U.S.
>>
>>14449029
>>14449083
>>14449487

They changed it up to include both Dubs on Blu-Ray for all releases since the extra scenes are only found in the first 7 Episodes.

They explained it all in this update.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funimationprod/the-vision-of-escaflowne-a-new-hd-dub-for-the-clas/posts/1603731
>>
>>14451358
well thank you very much for the info. I'm more likely to pick this up now. I really liked the Canadian dub.
>>
>>14451358
>https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/funimationprod/the-vision-of-escaflowne-a-new-hd-dub-for-the-clas/posts/1603731
Great! thanks for updating me!
>>
>>14449145
There's an english dub or something this time for the dub losers.
>>
>>14449038
K
>>
>>14448862
Escaflowne was already on bluray in Japan. No subs though.
>>
File: tmp_8103-dilandau1311014253.jpg (54 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8103-dilandau1311014253.jpg
54 KB, 720x480
>>14456360
Oh it's Funimation? Fuck that, the American anime industry can die in a fire.
>>
>>14456360
But the dub for Code Geass is one of the most notoriously bad, ever.

And who would ever dub over Jun Fukuyuma?
>>
>>14461088

But how will I own my favorite animes in english then?
>>
>>14462456
>And who would ever dub over Jun Fukuyuma?

But Anon, if you acknowledge the fact that the Japanese voice acting industry is infinitely superior in every single aspect compared to the English voice acting and dubbing scene, you're just a stupid fuckin weeaboo!
Don't you know you miss 9/10ths of all the action happening on screen if you have your eyes glued to the bottom, reading the subtitles?!
Only weeaboos pretend that they somehow recognize the sheer amount of talent and effort that go into Japanese voice acting, and show their appreciation thereof by refusing to watch English dubs!
Face it, some shows are just better with English dubs!!!
>>
>>14448862
I am amazed it took Code Geass this long to get BDs being as popular as it supposedly is
>>
>>14462456
>But the dub for Code Geass is one of the most notoriously bad, ever.

In your opinion, but on the contrary, a lot of normal folks enjoy it. Many more than those who dislike the dub.

Notoriously bad dubs would be things like MD Geist or Higurashi. This isn't comparable.
>>
>>14462607
The problem was Bandai delayed giving the materials to Funimation in order to not compete with their own BD re-releases from 2013-2015. Reverse importation fears, etc.

They were given the license back in 2013, but almost every single Sunrise rescue has moved at a slow pace in the absence of materials.

The good news is that they can now include things like the 5.1 audio track, which wasn't in the original release.

They've only managed to release Cowboy Bebop and things like Escaflowne and Code Geass are only recently
>>
>>14464041
*are only recently getting into actual production.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.