[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We have several ardent Zeon defenders here, but has anyone on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10
File: omni.gif (5 KB, 336x216) Image search: [Google]
omni.gif
5 KB, 336x216
We have several ardent Zeon defenders here, but has anyone on /m/ ever seriously tried to defend the Earth Alliance from Gundam SEED?
>>
File: azrael-based.jpg (2 MB, 3900x2933) Image search: [Google]
azrael-based.jpg
2 MB, 3900x2933
He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>14447264
He lost, so he clearly did something wrong.

He also was a dick to Natarle, that shit will not stand.
>>
>>14447280

But he never loses! He said so himself!
>>
>>14447257
Only because it's the side that doesn't have Kira with it
>>
File: gundam seed 00052.jpg (392 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
gundam seed 00052.jpg
392 KB, 800x1107
>>14447264
He was 1000% better villain and leader then the joke from Destiny.

Actually, Most of Destiny Blue leader plan was from him, he just follow his blue print like idiot and screw up everything.
>>
File: gundam seed 00053.jpg (128 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
gundam seed 00053.jpg
128 KB, 225x350
>>14447257
Technically, ZAFT was the one who started the war hen they killed all human big nations leaders.
>>
>>14447257
Easily. Naturals are objectively the best chance for humanity's continued existence because coordinators are apparently sterile from the 2nd or 3rd generation onwards, according to Darth Lacus herself.
>>
>>14447264
Amuro
What are you doing in the last panel
Amuro STAHP
>>
>>14447330
>because coordinators are apparently sterile from the 2nd or 3rd generation onwards

Only because they keep breeding with only each other and not with naturals.
>>
>>14447326
It was never proven that it was ZAFT, though. It was just the coincidence that the only survivor of the attack was a ZAFT official, everyone assumed it was according to plan.
>>
>>14447264
>Giant WMD pointed at the Earth
>Instead of attacking it with my WMDs I'm going to nuke the defenceless Coordinator homeland because they definitely won't fire GENESIS at Earth in retaliation.
>All because of my small dick syndrome towards Coordinators

Blue and Pure World my ass. Azrael was just a whiny bitch with an inferiority complex.

Basque Ohm would have punched him in the gut, nuked GENESIS then gassed the defenceless PLANTS, showing him how proper genocide should be done.
>>
>>14447257

Of course. Coordinators are absolute assholes and introducing them into the population was the single worst act in human history because when you take differences in ability from the realm of the perceived to the realm of fact, war's never going to be far behind.
>>
>>14447482
It's Bask Om.

Not sure why you think he's part of the ETA, or owns land in the Basque country.
>>
>>14447257
Oh, yeah, I'm pro-EA. Terrorists attack a colony, so ZAFT cripples the entire planet's energy infrastructure. It's a pretty disproportionate response. Easy enough to see the guys fighting ZAFT as the good guys in that scenario, even if ZAFT does have a legitimate grievance. Of course, it all goes out the window later in the war when everyone gets all genocidal and stupid. I wish it didn't. But hey, if every side wasn't cartoonishly evil, how would we justify the Three Ships Alliance as being the heroes for dereliction of duty and treason?
>>
On the surface level, almost all of Blue Cosmos are nothing more than psychopaths with inferiority complexes wanting to wipe out the coordinators out of petty jealousy.

With that said, some of Blue Cosmos and much of the reasonable members of the Earth Alliance were well aware of the sterility issue that was plaguing the next generation Coordinators and of the fact that allowing them to become the genetic majority would lead humanity into a genetic dead end. Neither side is correct and to a degree the Blue Cosmos and Earth Alliance are much worse people. With that said, they were the best hope for preserving mankind, unlike Durrandals brave new world philosophy with the Destiny plan, or the non-nonsensical insanity that was Terminal and Lacus as a whole.
>>
>>14448718
Terrorists attacked a colony? You're not talking about the valentine's day thing, are you?
>>
>>14448718
>Terrorists attack a colony, so ZAFT cripples the entire planet's energy infrastructure
Not quite that simple.
Junius 7 happened only after genocidal lynch mobs were ethnically cleansing coordinators all over the planet. Nuclear extermination was threatened by Blue Cosmos as the righteous path to eliminate the Coordinators. The only reason that Junius 7 was an isolated incident *was* the N-Jammers. It was the first strike of a campaign of genocide, not an isolated terrorist attack.
>>
>>14448792
He is, but he apparently doesn't know that it was the EA military that did it, and it was three days after a formal declaration of war between the EA and PLANT
>>
>>14447482
Just so you know, GENESIS (because stupid acronyms) was originally planned as an acceleration platform for ships traveling to and from Mars and the asteroid belt. The first use of this was in testing with the Regenerate Gundam, which could take a low power shot from GENESIS Alpha to accelerate it.

ZAFT chose to weaponize the second GENESIS via magic mirrors that somehow don't accelerate into the planet like giant rods from God.
>>
about 6 years ago I took Azrael's side and said he was doing the right thing.

I was universally called the equivalent of a nazi sympathizer, which shows how much this board has changed.
>>
>>14448945
And up until about 2 years ago /m/ used to have a universal love for pink-haired heroines, regardless of series. Lacus and Haman were practically top spots too, though newcomer Aida took third spot from Priscilla (GunXSword).

Lacus was /m/ number one girl they'd love to have hatesex with for some reason, even further back.
>>
>>14448812
No, it's that simple. It was an EA military ship that did it, but it wasn't authorized by the EA government. They were rogues, acting on the orders of an internal conspiracy that had no official sanction. And no, the N-Jammers didn't stop the campaign of destruction. They weren't deployed for another week after Junius 7 (which is kind of suspicious that they had this technology ready to go, but that's another matter), plenty of time to nuke lots of other colonies. And yet only one was nuked. A single low-value military target was the only colony attacked. It's not the actions of someone who wants to destroy Coordinators, it's the act of someone who wants to start a pointless war for their own purposes. Which is one of the few things Destiny got right when they established that LOGOS were puppeteering the war from the shadows as part of a power play.

>>14448825
I'm aware. Doesn't make it not a terrorist act. Not all acts of terrorism are insurgent.
>>
>>14449014
Oh, and of course, there's no reason to blanket an entire planet with N-Jammers if you're only looking to protect your colonies. Even if you're trying to shut down your enemy's war machine, maybe stick to Neutron Jamming only their territory?
>>
>>14448812
It's not genocide, because Coordinators aren't an ethnic group. They're an economic class. SEED loves to portray its conflict as a racist one, but it's not. It's clasist. Coordination can only be done in the womb, and it's an expensive process. Therefore, being a Coordinator is the ultimate in inherited privilege. The people of Earth killing Coordinators wasn't some bigoted war of extermination, it was a populist movement rising up to prevent the establishment of a permanent underclass. Should Coordinators be allowed to exist, there will forever be a divide between the genetically superior wealthy and the genetically typical poor.
>>
>>14449061
Ironically, Coordinators were not perfect either, save one Ultimate Coordinator.

They were supposed to interbreed with Naturals and produce a true next-stage human race, Coordinators "coordinating" the next step for human evolution.

The question though, is what would this new race of humans be called, and how much of a war would result over which half of humanity gets to become the breeder group.
>>
>>14447344
>STAHP
can we please stop doing this
>>
>>14449061
>aren't an ethnic group
Both the naturals and coordinators viewed each other as separate races, regardless of your opinion on the matter. The higher-ups in ZAFT thought of themselves as a new breed of more highly evolved human, and the higher ups in EA saw the coordinators as subhuman abominations. It wasn't just about financial standing, it was about whether or not you were a true human or a superior human. Both sides had aristocracies that abused the hell out of their proletariat, it wasn't a class struggle at all.
>>
>>14449014
>it wasn't authorized by the EA government
>not all acts of terrorism are insurgent

First, make up your mind.
Second, yes it was authorized. The AF gave the Roosevelt permission to fire the nuke. You have no idea what you're talking about, here.
>>
>>14447389
>It was never proven that it was ZAFT, though

yeah and it was never proven that Gill sent the assassins after lacus eitehr
>>
File: 1325198749762.jpg (34 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
1325198749762.jpg
34 KB, 468x468
>>14447264
>destroy every last one of those annoying hourglasses

Damn right.
Such a wasteful design for a space habitat must be annihilated.
>>
>>14449366
if the PLANT leaders had been shown to have a bunch of look-alikes for the assassinated government officials just waiting to take their places, you'd have a point.

Considering how heavily Gil's PR campaign leaned on Meer making people think Lacus supported him, you'd have to be a complete idiot or an obtuse contrarian to argue that it wasn't him.
>>
>>14448935
I never really understood how that fucking thing even worked thanks to it being a laser accelarator but also a microwave doom cannon
>>
>>14449636

It can be whatever it wants to be.
>>
File: 1467441876404.png (2 MB, 1264x1653) Image search: [Google]
1467441876404.png
2 MB, 1264x1653
>>14449087
>save one Ultimate Coordinator.
And that's only because he's a fucking stu
>>
>>14448935
>>14449636
ZAFT literally pulls all their miracle tech out of their fucking asses.
>>
File: 1458729700699.png (576 KB, 970x1038) Image search: [Google]
1458729700699.png
576 KB, 970x1038
>>
>>14447482
Bask the Mr. Potato Head Man only gassed like one colony, and he spent the entire One Year War getting buttfucked in a Zeke Prison of War Death Camp while delightful Spacenoid urchins poked his eyes out with shit covered punji sticks and fed them to their dogs.

The Titans and Blue Cosmos were both a complete joke. When will Earth finally get a competent faction of racist genocidal lunatics? In Space they're ten a penny.
>>
>>14449718
>look, this anime character i don't like is objectively wrong
>i offer proof in the form of a cross-over story by a video game writer who had nothing to do with any of the shows whose characters he's using as his mouthpieces to trash a character he doesn't like.
The really sad thing is that you actually think this fanfiction validates your opinion in some way.
>>
>>14449825

But anon, most of /m/ experiences mecha shows through playing SRW, not actually watching the show.
>>
>>14449860
Can you blame us? Gundam Seed has shit story even inside SRW.
>>
>>14449799
>The Titans and Blue Cosmos were both a complete joke. When will Earth finally get a competent faction of racist genocidal lunatics? In Space they're ten a penny.
New Desides?
>>
>>14449636
I thought it was some kind of gamma ray weapon, hence the nuke.
>>
>>14449636
It's supposed to be used with a solar sail, with the microwave laser providing acceleration.

They of course just shifted it into a gigantic microwave laser of doom with the reflectors.
>>
>>14449030
Yep, ZAFT basically is as evil and racist as EA/Blue Cosmos. But the creators favoritism wants to portray ZAFT as lesser evil "oppresed minorities" and turned EA into a joke faction
>>
>tfw sticking OMNI and Phantom Pain decals on my Gatling Gundam in GB3 because I liked how they looked

HA HA TIME FOR GENOCIDE
>>
>>14447257
You make is sound like Zeon are bad people OP.

I'd like to see people try and defend the Federation more than being against Zeon.
>>
>>14450521
You don't have to defend the Federation. It exists in a state of purity that Zeonites constantly attempt to besmirch, however in the process of attempting to stain the purity of the Federation they end up committing even worse atrocities than they say the Federation has done.

What's the worst thing Feddies did in MSG? Throw an unsolicited party at Amuro's house while it was abandoned.

Even after all the terrible things done by the Titans the fact remains that Haman showed up and did things even worse than the Titans did. The worst part is that the Titans were an autonomous branch attempting a coup and not general Federation corps. Many brave Feddies fought back against the Titans, god rest their souls which were too kind for this world.

Every time they wank to Zeon they make Zeon do something worse, then try to say it wasn't that bad. You can only vaporize so many babies before people stop falling for it Zeonites.
>>
>>14450559
>You don't have to defend the Federation.
FEDDIES BE GUD BOIS! FEEDIES DIDNT DU NOTHIN!
>>
>>14447257
what? you think i defend zeon because im some fucking contrarian that roots for bad guys? no I felt Zeon was justified in the war. blue earth was more like the titans but just totally retarded, at least the titans had a point. Zaft is more analogous to zeon if anything.
>>
>>14450521
>>14450677
Put your trip back on Black Knight
>>
>>14450677
>FEEDIES DIDNT DU NOTHIN!

It is their default tactic when it comes to dealing with spacenoids in the first place.
>>
>>14449825
>Saying Kira ISN'T a Stu.
Dude there's things you don't do on /m/ and that's one of them
>>
>>14450559
During MSG, probably working on the V Project in neutral territory.
Stardust, Kou shooting an ally maybe, I can't remember if Bask was planning on letting the colony drop happen or not.
Zeta, huge clusterfuck of G3 gas, blowing up half of Hong Kong, making Colony Lasers, and nuking Jaburo.
ZZ, no idea.
CCA, letting Hathaway into Londo Bell, maybe even letting him in the army in general.
Unicorn, not killing Hathaway.
F91, trying to use children as human shields against the Crossbone Vanguard,
Victory, letting Zanscare shit guillotines everywhere.
>>
File: zz332.png (480 KB, 555x412) Image search: [Google]
zz332.png
480 KB, 555x412
>>14451462
In ZZ, they GAVE Haman Side 3 as a token of goodwill, actively allowed her to drop a colony on Dublin because fuck the micks, and then ordered Bright and the Argama crew to disarm and turn over their gundams because the war was over and both sides were "happy".

In CCA, they upped themselves by giving Char Axis and wholeheartedly believing his fingers weren't crossed when he said he wouldn't drop it.

The only anytime the feds did something wrong in Unicorn was when they took orders from Martha Vist, and gave in to her demands to fire Gryps 2.

TL;DR: When feddies say "Feddies dindu nuffin" they literally mean it.
>>
>>14451529
Ah okay, ZZ is still in my backlog behind Dancouga and Victory, so I have no idea what happened in it aside from small bits of SRW Alpha, GAS, and other inaccurate crap like that.
But yea, you're wrong about CCA and Unicorn because Fucking Hathaway was allowed to have anything to do with Londo Bell and wasn't executed by firing squad earlier for openly murdering Chan after trying to desert.
>>
>>14451575
The only reason Hathaway had anything to do with Londo Bell/was on the Ra Cailum was because he was on the ship that they rescued. He was supposed to be nothing but a civilian that they would drop off somewhere, asides from the bit where their parents' nepotism lets them pilot a Jegan in a simulator, but the kid thought with his dick for the rest of his life after he met Quess and fucked things up royally.

Still waiting for an alternate UC in which Cheimin was the one who was sent into space instead of Mufti, though.
>>
>>14451462
>F91, trying to use children as human shields against the Crossbone Vanguard,

Zeekfags really love to harp on this, but it's really just one junior officer being an asshole. It's not like it's official Federation policy to go around using children as human shields.

>Victory, letting Zanscare shit guillotines everywhere.

That's because the Federation at the time of Victory is severely weakened due to economic problems (which is why they're still using old Mobile Suits and warships). And to be fair, based NotRevil and his fleet do show up to help kick Zanscare's ass in the finale, despite fighting with outdated equipment. The Federation actually does more to stop Zanscare in Victory than they did against Neo Zeon in ZZ and CCA.
>>
>>14447264
I don't know why Amuro is saluting, but always makes me kek.
>>
File: dominion_by_ketayama-d48xg5e.jpg (32 KB, 772x395) Image search: [Google]
dominion_by_ketayama-d48xg5e.jpg
32 KB, 772x395
For the preservation of our blue and pure world!
>>
>>14451751

Azrael is such a pimp.
>>
>>14447257
It is much MUCH easier to defend the Earth Alliance than it is Zeon. The Earth Alliance really isn't that much worse than the Earth Federation is and almost everyone defends them.
>>
>>14448771
>Neither side is correct and to a degree the Blue Cosmos and Earth Alliance are much worse people.

Amount of bad people on Blue Cosmos/Earth Alliance:
>________

Amount of bad people on ZAFT:
>Lacus
>Kira
>Athrun
>Rau Le Creuset
>Patrick Zala
>Durrandal
>Yzak (literal war criminal)

Face it coordinator scum, your kind are pure evil.
>>
>>14448771
>On the surface level, almost all of Earthnoids are nothing more than psychopaths with inferiority complexes wanting to wipe out the Spacenoids out of petty jealousy.
>>
>>14453292
>Rau Le Creuset
>bad
>>
>>14451643
Yea, I've been enjoying the Victory Feddies too, but they still let Zanscare ride their motorcycles across their cities for most of the show.
>>
>>14453292
Fuck you Yzak is cute! CUTE!
>>
fuck the coordinators
for our blue and pure world
>>
>>14453305

Rau was the hero the SEED universe needed.
>>
>>14453252
>It is much MUCH easier to defend the Earth Alliance than it is Zeon.

Yeah if you're a baby eating edgelord teenager with trappings of a republican. At least Zeon had some level of standards despite all the colony droppings. And no. This is NOT to say the Federation are bigger assholes or that "Zeon Dindu Nuffin" but rather that both are acceptable to the Earth Alliance in which everybody that isn't an Astray only character is Yazan Gable and Io Fleming on crystal meth.

>>14453292
>Sutherland
>Any of the druggies not named Sven
>Djibril
>Admiral Fa/tg/uy in charge of Artemis
>Fllay

Not even sure the last one needs to be a spoiler considering everyone already knows tripfags are garbage.
>>
>>14449718

Being the Ultimate Coordinator had nothing to do with that. In his father's own words, what being the Ultimate Coordinator means that he's the equivalent of an unflawed product of engineering. That Kira was created without needing any biological input from the mother and having the right genetic sequencing that allowed Ulen to manipulate every aspect of his genetic code. That he was a genetic black slate for Ulen to control the growth of, essentially

The stu part is just because the plot says so.
>>
>>14449799

We need an SRW with SEED & UC where Zeon, ZAFT, The EF, Titans and Blue Cosmos are all assholes to each other. Just utterly insane.
>>
>>14447257
I can't stand zeon, but I defend the EA all the time, even the Atlantic Federation.

Ultimately coordinators represent is inherent inequality. The naturals ultimately are fighting so that someone who spends 8 years in med school isn't replaced by a wiz kid 14 year old. That is the problem with Coordinators they inherently make naturals second class citizens. I always find it funny that star trek handled this fact so much better.
>>
>>14454226
>we should hold back human potential because the ubermensch took away your jobs

That's like saying we should ban college graduates from applying for jobs because they have unfair advantages over Tariq from the hood.
>>
>>14454255
Difference is Tariq can work hard and get in school on scholarship, or join the military and have the government pay for school.
People can change there sircumstances in life with grit and hard work. You can't turn into a coordinator after birth. You're stuck.
>>
>>14454264
>People can change there circumstances in life with grit and hard work.
I almost feel bad for you if you believe this fool's gold that was sold to you
>>
>>14454264
>Difference is Tariq can work hard

Or, he engages in all-time popular plan B: go full nigger, Cash Rules Everything Around Me, big dog G thug life.

See the problem is that you think everyone has a fair chance, when the fact of the matter is that equality is so artificial that to enforce it you will have to punish one side or the other for the crime of being better. A redistribution of opportunity engineered by the weak to protect their weakness.

Is it fair? No.
But it is what it is.
>>
>>14454283
It doesn't matter how slim the chance is it's still a chance
>>
>>14454287
Then apply that logic to the society where coordinators exist.

Because the society where coordinators exist is the society where GATTACA is a thing and remember the moral of GATTACA: potential and talent are not one in the same.
>>
>>14454298
Problem is we can't look at coordinators on a microscale. 1 coordinator can be be a lazy cunt just like our Tariq can be a can be a rocket scientist. the odds of both of these is low probably better with the coordinator being lazy. Here's the problem When you apply it on the macro scale 1000 naturals have zero chance of competing against 1000 coordinators.
>>
>>14454317
>It doesn't matter how slim the chance is it's still a chance

I believe we have reached an impasse.
>>
>>14454317
>Tariq can be a rocket scientist

This is assuming he has the mental capability of doing so.
>>
>>14454441
>hurr durr all brown people is stupid

Stop being a racist jackass and fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>14454463
Stop being a sensitive bitch and fuck off back to tumblr.
>>
>>14454226

Too bad ultimately you can't win despite it all. The Windam was worthless, the daggers relied on human waves and you lost 95% of the battles against ZAFT. You have NO ground to stand on.

If you want the future of Naturals, take XCOM2's boxart and replace sectoid and replace it with Kira/Lacus with the countless amounts of skulls.
>>
>>14453374
He's also a war criminal.
Well, pretty much everyone is in SEED anyway...
>>
File: Exchange.jpg (44 KB, 268x384) Image search: [Google]
Exchange.jpg
44 KB, 268x384
>>14456134
Yzak and Dearka were given the future equivalent of a presidential pardon, though Dearka got demoted for defecting while Yzak retained his team leader status, and in fact got a new promotion with a force originally loyal to Durandal (aside from Shiho, who returned from the USSA war to rejoin Yzak's team).

Lacus was never a war criminal, even despite the supposed "theft" of the Eternal. Lacus was never not recognized as a non-ZAFT/non-PLANT entity for that matter. Hell, the Eternal was STILL registered as an official ZAFT warship that Yzak easily used to justify teaming up with them, and not one of his men complained. Mind you, these are men and women who were assigned to his command by Durandal himself, so it's not like all of them had prior loyalty to Clyne and company.

Durandal used Lacus' image in Meer to try and sell his side. Durandal basically left the door wide open for Lacus to step into with his reliance on her popularity to sell. So when the real one steps in, and in command of the same ship she disappeared in, much of ZAFT feels more betrayed by the fake Lacus and Durandal.

Also, Cagalli's kidnapping was sanctioned by elements of Orb's own. So it's not exactly terrorism when citizens make off with an official; it's instead a civil war. Oh sure, they could deny it's actually Cagalli, and in fact, they did, but doing so now allowed them to operate freely against Orb rather than play the usual political civil war game. And even in exile, the Archangel was still considered an Orb unit when the remnant Orb MS force ended up docking on the Archangel without question from their captain as his ship sank.

Terminal on the other hand, could be considered a terrorist group; at least, as much as hackers with major financial backing can be.

>>14453374
Yes she is. Scans never.
>>
>>14447264
He got the best girl killed. Fuck him
>>
>>14447257
Don't talk about the Cosmic Era, its the worst setting in all of Gundam
>>
>>14454463

I'm not talking about racism, you're putting words in my mouth.

Not everyone is gifted, some people just aren't born as smart as others and that's a fact. It has nothing to do with race, there are just stupid people in the world. Equal opportunity does not mean equal potential, otherwise ANYONE can become an olympic athelete. They can't, they need both the motivation AND the exact genetics to give them the perfect body for it.
>>
>>14447257
>SEED
There's your answer.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.