[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the better Patlabor continuity? The Early Days/Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Av-98-patlabor.gif (90 KB, 468x800) Image search: [Google]
Av-98-patlabor.gif
90 KB, 468x800
Which is the better Patlabor continuity? The Early Days/Movie continuity or the TV/New Files continuity?

And when will we ever get more Patlabor?
>>
>>14445765

TV. The OVAs were too dry and boring in my opinion. The movies did the same seriousness with more success, but I'll always prefer the TV show to either. Also, the live action stuff only wrapped up like a year or so ago.
>>
>>14445774
>Also, the live action stuff only wrapped up like a year or so ago.
Subs when?
>>
>>14445765
I love both but the TV continuity is more fun.
>>
They kinda blend into each other well, you know wad I mean?
>>
>>14445765
It's all Patlabor, it's all good.

I like the TV anime more over all, but the 1st movie is pretty much pure, unrefined Patlabor at its best.
>>
>>14445765
TV+OVA2: consistency
OVA1+Movie1: quality

Movie 2 and 3 are shit though
>>
>>14446400
I agree with you on the third, it would have been better off labeled as a Patlabor side story.

As for the second one is the only reason you labeled it shit is because the SV2 team was sidelined until the end? Which is a crap reason to do so.
>>
Can somebody help me with how this series timeline works? I keep getting various answers on to watch in release order or watch them in their different continuities. What is the definitive way /m/?
>>
>>14451061
Really it doesn't matter, the continuity just means marginally different origin stories for the main team.

Personally I'd go with the movie continuity because the New Days OVA is short and a good way to get a feel for the series. But the TV series does the same job, so again it really doesn't matter. All depends on how much time you want to commit right away.
>>
OVA, but exclude Movie 2.
>>
>>14446435
not him but the tone of movie 2 has nothing to do with patlabor
>>
>>14446435
The real crime PatFilm2 commits is not having enough scenes of Ingrams in sexy ERA suits.
>>
>>14446400
>>14446435
>patlabor 3
Funny thing is it was nevers intended to be a Patlabor story at all - it was based on a manga called "waste product 13" by the writer of the manga version of Patlabor Masami Yuuki.
>>
>>14454134
the manga chapter had alot more SV2 interraction though, there were also a couple of fights throughout the arc.
>>
File: 07c.gif (530 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
07c.gif
530 KB, 200x189
bump. I downloaded all Patalabor TV shows movies and the OVAs a while ago, but haven't watched them. Where should I start?
>>
File: EVERY TIME.jpg (865 KB, 1600x1500) Image search: [Google]
EVERY TIME.jpg
865 KB, 1600x1500
>>14459851
>>
>>14459851
Depends. Probably the original OVA and the first movie then take a break before moving on to the TV show and OVA 2. You might get a little too burnt out if you watch the TV continuity first since it's 63 episodes in total.

If you still need more after that you can watch the second film but prepare for a lot of pseudo-philosophical nonsense and very little of the lovable SV2 character antics. The story is also kind of a rehash of the final episodes of the original OVA and the concept was done better there so that makes it even more pointless.

The third movie doesn't have much to do with Patlabor. It's a monster-horror movie set in the universe. SV2 shows up at the end to deliver a smack down, that's about it.
>>
>>14445765
Tv
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.