[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metroid Prime Federation Force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: Mtroid.jpg (85 KB, 1399x544) Image search: [Google]
Mtroid.jpg
85 KB, 1399x544
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79BY89o6U4

This reminds me a lot of Metroid Prime. Isn't that what Western Metroid fans wanted?

Do you think it'll be revealed that the new recruit is actually Samus at the end of the game?
>>
>>14445028
>This reminds me a lot of Metroid Prime. Isn't that what Western Metroid fans wanted?
Because it's not Metroid-like in gameplay or looks. Really, I think the reaction would have been very different if they hadn't gone with those SD designs.

>Do you think it'll be revealed that the new recruit is actually Samus at the end of the game?
You can get Samus' armor with the Amiibo, so probably not since that'd make it really silly.
>>
I think it looks kinda fun, and I've always wanted a game that fleshes out the Galactic Federation. And it has giant fucking robots to boot.

What I'm afraid of is that the backlash the game has gotten will affect it sales. If it sells like shit, Nintendo has the opportunity to say that Metroid is not a financially viable franchise, and then it goes into the NEVER EVER Bin with F-Zero.
>>
>>14445028
It's basically Hunters 2.0 isn't it?

>>14445221
Look up Star Fox Zero sales.
>>
>>14445230
It's Hunters: We Want the MonHun Audience edition.
>>
File: 1466517006731.png (218 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1466517006731.png
218 KB, 640x360
>>14445028
If I had a 3DS I would probably pick it up. I like Metroid's universe and would like to see more views of it than just Samus'.

>But it doesn't play like Metroid, waaah!

The point of a spin off is to try things the main series cannot, like different gameplay styles or maybe even playing as a different character. Are you going to bitch about Mario Kart not being a platformer next? Yes, I understand we haven't had a more traditional Metroid or Prime game in a while but I'm not going to hate this from the get go for that alone.

As for FedForce's art style I like it, but I can see why someone wouldn't. Chibi doesn't work for everyone. I wish people would understand that it is chibi though, I keep on seeing people think it's kids piloting those big robot suits. You're playing as the same kind of guys as pic related, you're just getting a pilot suit and a big mech instead of infantry armor.
>>
File: 1467533014451.jpg (667 KB, 1351x900) Image search: [Google]
1467533014451.jpg
667 KB, 1351x900
>>14445230
>Star Fox Zero couldn't even break half a million sales
This does not bode well.
>>
>>14445266
I can guarantee you it only sold that we'll because of brand name.

Code Name Steam proved how much the deck is stacked against new IPs that don't sell out on some lowest common denominator gimmick.
>>
>>14445282
Yeah. You'd think Code Name Steam would have sold better since it was a Nintendo game.

For every breakout hit like Splatoon, there's about 20 new IP's that failed to take off.
>>
>>14445282
Code Name steam wasn't that great though was it?
>>
>>14445314
CNS was the greatest game no one cared to play.

The ride is so wild I can't even begin to describe how wild it is, but people hide behind their "it looks like shovelware" excuse to defend their shit taste.
>>
>>14445322
Can you give an example of how wild the ride is, aside from the Abraham Lincoln robot?
>>
>>14445326
Steampunk England experiences literally Lovecraft incursion. It's up to 19th century XCOM to save the day with the power of public domain literary heroes and steam powered superscience sourced straight from the foul pages of the Necronomicon itself.

Seriously, you go in thinking it's focused on Steampunk, but then it plays the public domain literature shit to the letter and draws hard from HPL's lore all the way to featuring Randolph Carter himself. As a playable character.

Gameplaywise it paces itself very well with unlocks so that the game never really feels stale, you have new strategies to try out pretty much every other chapter. It's some of the best pacing I've ever experienced in a game.
>>
>>14445350
That sounds pretty cool. And absolutely bonkers, which is a positive in my book. I'll have to pick it up when I get a 3DS.
>>
>>14445282
Codename Steam was a little too weird for me to want to buy it, that's all.
>>
>>14445221
The sales thing is the same worry that I have, and I'm not even a fan of the series. I've only played like 2 games, whereas my friend who's played all of them is really hyped for this game since we can play it co-op
>>
>>14445221
>fleshes out the Galactic Federation
From what we know and what we should prolly expect is something like Luigi's Mansion 2.
Not really the shittiest, but nothing more than mindless fun-to-ok levels.
>>
>>14445314
It was actually a really great game
>>
>>14446401
The demo video makes it look pretty complex, like Wind Waker.
>>
File: GFtrooper_trio.png (461 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
GFtrooper_trio.png
461 KB, 1024x1024
While I would appreciated a much more conservative art style, I'm still gonna take this as a positive. It means that Nintendo is sticking with what Retro established in the Prime games, just chibi and shit.

This kinda tells me that the next serious Metroid game will take after Retro as opposed to Other M.
>>
>>14446964
Why do 3DS games have such shit AA though?
>>
>>14446976
hardware limitations.
>>
>>14445028
>This reminds me a lot of Metroid Prime.

Get. Out.
>>
>>14445314
It had one big problem that was quickly fixed by a patch (enemy turns taking too long, they added a fast forward function that still stops at normal speed when the enemy enters in the line of sight for counter attacks.)

It arguably also was too basic gameplay-wise compared to Valkyrie Chronicles and other similar games, since there was no class system just a personal weapon and special attack and then a slot for generic weapons chosen by the player. However, the game is balanced fairly well and there was plenty of variety between the characters since the personal weapons were very unique sometimes.
>>
>>14447822
Eh, VC was undermined by its own innate brokenness, in CNS's favor the characters are all quite unique in their own right so there's no absolute case of "scout rush is always the right answer."

At least, up until you get Carter and Fox (and/or the FE amiibo characters, to some degree) since Carter's entire shtick is clowning the enemy AI behaviors and Fox rapes anything whose weakpoint she has line of sight with. Hell, the winged demon boss can get gimped too as I recall since Fox's shots can actually squeeze right between the seam of its wings, hitting the weak spot underneath.

Or something to that extent, I forgot the details but I clearly remember that there's at least one boss fight that Fox goes a long way towards clowning by completely ignoring the intended battle pattern and just dealing obnoxious damage with careful aim.

Oh I guess technically CNS can be clowned in Normal difficulty through liberal use of the save points and info monitors to recharge steam points and essentially taking multiple turns worth of actions before letting the aliens reposition themselves. But hey, one time use resources, it's part of the strategy along with stuff like undoable actions and other emergent subtleties to how the game was designed.
>>
>>14447811
Nah, you get out.
>>
>>14448510
Ladies first
>>
>>14448532
*smirk*
>>
>>14446964
>This kinda tells me that the next serious Metroid game will take after Retro as opposed to Other M.

Yet Other M is the one that continues to get support and merchandise while no one cares about Prime at all
>>
File: ice donut.png (157 KB, 850x795) Image search: [Google]
ice donut.png
157 KB, 850x795
>>14452343
Are you trying to get at something, or are you just being a shitlord for the hell of it?
>>
>>14446964
I just wanted Metroid Republic Commando
>>
>>14446964
you're very optimistic
>>
>>14453908
Actually that seems a fitting way of looking at the game.
>>
>>14445028
Why should I care about Samus or take anything in her universe seriously when Samus-lite is good enough to get the job done and can be mass produced?

The artstyle and tone are directly at odds with the concept.
>>
>>14456659
I am expecting the ending is that they all die super hard to Ridley or something.
>>
>>14456702
Will they really have the balls to do that in a cartoony space adventure?

This is the kind of idea that needs to be presented as a huge struggle, otherwise it backfires and makes the universe less cool. Show how difficult things are for everyone that's not Samus.

This didn't need to be the Metroid version of Republic Commando, it needed to be the Metroid version of Zeonic Front.
>>
>>14456659
They haven't perfected morph ball technology quite yet.

If you think about it, the bounty hunter market is really "we need people who can crush themselves into small compact things to traverse tubes because fuck it we're too lazy to build RC cars in the future."

>yfw the overarching story is hunting down Sylux to get back the GalFed's power suit prototype.
>>
>>14456730
>Ridley roams around the stage or whatever
>Its like 10 x worse than the SAX in Fusion
>>
>>14456772
>They haven't perfected morph ball technology quite yet.
The game should have been about working around those limitations because that would be new gameplay.

It should be something like "oh man this mission has a ton of morphball tunnels, one guy is going to have to forgo the mech entirely and handle tunnel dog duty" or "we don't know how to make the morph ball but we did invent this tiny remote controlled robot, try using that instead"

Instead its "lets just never have that shit come up" and that just gets you nothing but boring flat levels.
>>
>>14456823
See, this is the kind of shit they needed to go with.
>>
>>14456842
I really hope thats the case. God the SAX was the best thing in Fusion.

The feel of being hunted and then becoming the Hunter feels great. I love games that do that.
>>
>>14445028
I love how Nintendo shits over their fans like that by making shit games.
>>
>>14445256

We haven't had a metroid game period in 6 years. Releasing a spin off game after the disaster that was other M is shitting on fans' doorsteps and acting like they should be gracious because at least shit isn't nothing.
>>
>>14445028
it looks pretty good, but /v/irgin faggots are constantly shitting on the game for being a spinoff eshop title, even though this game is setting up a new prime series, because the last proper metroid game they got was Other M.
>>
>>14456955
see >>14457059 and drink bleach, you dumb fucking faggot
>>
>>14445028
>Isn't that what Western Metroid fans wanted?
No, because you clearly don't know what Metroid Prime's strengths were or what Prime fans wanted if this looks acceptable to you. This lacks all the atmosphere and explorative elements. The only similarity is the "behind the visor" first person view.
>Do you think it'll be revealed that the new recruit is actually Samus at the end of the game?
Nah, she'll help us with the final boss and maybe some of the end-game content.

>>14445230
>It's basically Hunters 2.0 isn't it?
No. It's a slow paced co-op shooter with the same control scheme as Metroid Prime 1/2, meaning just lock-on and strafe. No Versus mode that isn't retarded space soccer. Gameplay is already confirmed to be built around "Mage/Fighter/Healer" dynamics. It's gonna be horrible.

>>14445256
>The point of a spin off is to try things the main series cannot, like different gameplay styles or maybe even playing as a different character
Nobody is mad that there's a spin off. We're mad that the spin off looks like total shit. We've been asking for a Galactic Federation based FPS for a long time. We finally get it and it turns out it's baby town nonsense with hideous visuals, and is generally designed to be a shooter for people who don't play or like shooters. This is a worst possible case scenario, there's a bad spinoff coming out for Metroid and not only that, but it's based on a really solid idea which means now we can never get a proper G-Fed shooter.
>>
>>14445028
It's not metroid.
>>
>>14461046
No.
It's better.
>>
>>14457068
>he thinks this is setting up a new prime game
ahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>14461046
more like not muh troid
>>
>>14463754
well it's not
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.