[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would being a mecha pilot actually be like /m/? I love mecha
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (420 KB, 525x454) Image search: [Google]
image.png
420 KB, 525x454
What would being a mecha pilot actually be like /m/? I love mecha but I always get really anxious when I think about being a pilot, the fear of being shot down or crushed would be too much for me
>>
It's like driving a forklift, except people are shooting at you.

It's like driving a forklift in Brazil.
>>
>>14442529
Attack helicopter/fighter jet pilot with the only exception being you don't really need to give much regards to staying in flight.

This is different for super mecha, of course.
>>
Depends on the mecha. If you're a Scopedog pilot, be prepared to spontaneously combust at any moment. You'll die even if no one shoots at you.

If you have Zeorymer, then, well. Which is it gonna be? Kami or Akuma?
>>
>>14442529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWE9XQ4fK_c
>>
I assume it'll be a lot like being in a tank crew or a pilot depending on the robot.

>Your robot will get shot at, and if you're unlucky, the shot will go through your robot and either kill you or fuck the robot up so bad that you die due to the damage anyway
>The ammunition you have fucking explodes and half your robot is wrecked
>or the power source for your robot explode and kill you in the process because you're sitting on top of it
>or your robot starts burning and you are burnt alive
>or you fall into deep water in a robot and you can't get that fucking hatch open while your cockpit is flooding with water
>or you get into melee combat and the enemy punches your robot in the cockpit, crushing you in the process
>>
>>14442805

Remember me about that one vid were the taliban rpg'd a top tier tank because the fuckheads left the hatch open. The tank was perfect externally, just lot's of smoke in all holes after. For those inside though...
>>
>>14444460
video? link please? given how western nations are so prideful about their tanks (abrams/challenger 2 stronk) I don't think they've ever admitted to losing even just one to enemy fire

at the very most that I can find, there's only been a challenger 2 that was penetrated by an RPG and made it back to base by itself anyway
>>
>>14444515
It was probably arab-crewed. No tank is good enough to survive having a retarded crew, and from what I've seen in TOW videos, arabs are in no shortage of those.

The tank is innocent!
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.