[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure why this slipped under so many people's radar,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12
File: tAG_144700.jpg (137 KB, 790x536) Image search: [Google]
tAG_144700.jpg
137 KB, 790x536
Not sure why this slipped under so many people's radar, but Victory Gundam was confirmed for a US release in October today. The next series release after CCA's Blu Ray.

It wasn't mentioned at the Right Stuf panel, but it WAS shown on a specific slide with an October date during the Sunrise one. Out of fucking nowhere.

Also, TRSI seems to be implying that releases going forward will all have blu rays. They seem to hint that not negotiating it with Turn A and the 0079 films was an oversight rather than Sunrise blocking something, and that those will still come later. 0080 won't get a BD yet because none in Japan, but it looks like other shows will (Like with BF and BFT).

Other highlights at the panel...

When asked if Hathaway's Flash and Crossbone would ever get animated Mr. Sasaki (the franchise producer) not only said it wasn't impossible, but also said that going forward there were future plans being drafted for new series and they included looking into adapting older gaidens/novels.

Oddly, when next prompted if blue destiny would get a release, the answer was a much more blunt "no plans as of now" and seemed to be a no. The former guy asked about adapting Tomino written works, so I'm wondering if that influences what they'd do in the future?

Not much else of substance was shown for /m/ material. Bunny and Tiger live action film is in the planning stages before they give the go ahead to write the script. Cross Ange is getting released now, Escaflowne hits in October. More Gundam games MAY get localized. Origin MIGHT get a US theater showing for all 4 eps if they can work it out. That's all I remember.
>>
Oh they mentioned that ibo s2 will have more mecha action and more gundam mecha
>>
>>14442243
>>14442265
Was this at Anime Expo? How did I miss this?
>>
>>14442274

Yes, this was the official AX Sunrise panel. They also made it clear that they take the US market much more seriously now, and that Gundam has done very well here for the past year and a half. Both them and TRSI more or less confirmed this.
>>
File: Heero laughing at IBO.jpg (735 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Heero laughing at IBO.jpg
735 KB, 1366x768
>>14442265
>ibo s2 will have more mecha action
sad that they had to confirm this, it should be a no brainer for a mecha show.
>>
>>14442243
Who's doing Tiger and Bunny live action? Japan or Hollywood?

Why not an S2?
>>
>Origin MIGHT get a US theater showing for all 4 eps if they can work it out. That's all I remember.
That would be fucking awesome.

>14442279
That's fantastic if true.
>>
>>14442297

Both. Imagine Entertainment is collabing with sunrise on this.
>>
>>14442298

Well, the exact quote I can give you is what was said at TRSI...

"How did you adjust your marketing to account for the perception that gundam was dead in america?"

"By ignoring the people who said Gundam was dead in America."

And it has done very well ever since.
>>
Oh, also... Re:0096 is confirmed for 22 episodes, meaning virtually no new footage. Just straight up recut with opening ep recaps.
>>
>>14442327
glad I didn't care enough to watch it then.
>>
>>14442243
>they included looking into adapting older gaidens/novels.

So more old UCshit
>>
File: 490.jpg (67 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
490.jpg
67 KB, 500x277
>>14442243
>When asked if Hathaway's Flash and Crossbone would ever get animated Mr. Sasaki (the franchise producer) not only said it wasn't impossible, but also said that going forward there were future plans being drafted for new series and they included looking into adapting older gaidens/novels.
>crossbone
>possible anime
>>
>>14442344

Not necessarily, but that does seem to be the implication.
>>
>>14442353

The hell do you mean 'not necessarily'?

Late UC is anathema for them. They want sales and revenue, and what better way to do that than to animate a story that has Zeon and Zakus in it?
>>
>>14442361
What about F90? it's technically Late UC but still lets them sell a bunch of new Zeon grunts.
>>
>>14442327
Toppest of all KEKS
>>
>>14442361
Well, if V didn't shit the bed so fucking hard, then perhaps it could have become a viable setting for future installments and plastic.

But alas...
>>
>>14442243
>They seem to hint that not negotiating it with Turn A and the 0079 films was an oversight rather than Sunrise blocking something,

Does this mean they'll try to get a BD release of Turn A or is it too late? That show is too beautiful to be stuck on DVD outside of Japan.
>>
Any news on the G-Reco movies?
>>
>>14442511
No.
>>
>>14442511
You realize that's a rumor perpetuated by the equivalent jp equivalent of reddit right
>>
File: Cecily Seabook.jpg (135 KB, 700x613) Image search: [Google]
Cecily Seabook.jpg
135 KB, 700x613
>Crossbone gets animated
>Its not Tobia's crazy adventures
>Just Seabook, Cecily and Zabine
>>
>>14442485

They didn't say yes yet, but it will 'probably' happen eventually, yes.

The big point is that they now know there is large demand for it and all other classic shows on BD.
>>
>>14442384
Assuming they do remember that one. On a side note, I wonder if Advance of Zeta's a possibility.
>>
>>14442316
>Imagine Entertainment
>working with Bandai

It's going to be shit. For real.
>>
>>14442279
They've got a lot of ground to make up for after pulling out for so long.

Shame that they licensed off a few of their stuff, I would have liked for them to have brought over Code Geass stuff, but they sold it to Funi who have been sitting on it for years with nothing to show so far.

Another display that they're taking the US market more seriously is how they actually let Viz license a Gundam manga, Thunderbolt. Its probably testing the waters for more stuff.
>>
>>14442467
Fuck off, V was great. At least it didn't keep setting up chances for 300 Zanscare revivals and become a cash cow whore like early UC.
>>
>>14442327
>Oh, also... Re:0096 is confirmed for 22 episodes, meaning virtually no new footage. Just straight up recut with opening ep recaps.

Ha ha ha ha. When I said many months ago that Re 0096 would be nothing more than a cut up Unicorn with maybe 1 or 2 simple scenes redrawn I was laughed out of the room. Deluded fans said no, it's impossible Sunrise would never do that. Re 0096 is a low budget work to occupy some tv timeslot that Sunrise didn't want to lose. That is it. They were never going to remake or extend Unicorn by investing heavily into it.
>>
What about G-Reco's BDs?
>>
Victory this year? Fuck yeah. Finally the last missing UC link (Igloo aside).

Did anyone at the panel ask if Unicorn BDs would get reissued?
>>
>>14443339

It tried to be UC without being UC, and the new additions to the lore sucked. In that case - it may as well cut the ties completely and be an AU.
Which is exactly the direction they took after that train wreck, cut their loses and went in a different direction.
>>
>>14442327
So, what can they even put in its place after it's done airing?
>>
>>14443506
Gundam Build Fighters Re:try
>>
>>14443496
>It tried to be UC without being UC
You mean it was UC without trying to be UC. Which is a good thing.

>the new additions to the lore sucked
That's a hot opinion you've got there.
>>
>>14442327
Did anyone genuinely think they'd actually add something new? It was always fucking going to be just a re-cut
>>
File: Crossbone Anime.png (503 KB, 793x1006) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone Anime.png
503 KB, 793x1006
>>14442243
>they included looking into adapting older gaidens/novels
Crossbone seriously got my attention. been waiting forever for a crossbone anime. (doubt they'd make Skull Hearts or Steel Seven but just getting one is enough for me)

>when next prompted if blue destiny would get a release, the answer was a much more blunt "no plans as of now"
this really surprised me, I would have thought Blue Destiny would be a shoe in for an anime. its OYW, cool zeon designs vs cool Feddy designs, gundams vs gundams and so on.
>>
>>14442243
>included looking into adapting older gaidens/novel

Crossbone would be one of the main ones I can imagine as they've been pushing their units in both games and as Gunpla releases quite a bit in recent years and I can imagine it'd be perfect for the western market as well. But that still doesn't stop me from wanting an OVA of Gundam Sentinel.
>>
>>14444236
But there's nothing to sell. They already have models of the marketable Crossbone designs bar Ghost, which is a recolor of the X-3, and maaaaybe Phantom. There's no reason to make a series. Crossbone might get an OVA one day but a series seems like too much of an investment for little to no gain. I'd imagine a new series or OVA or something would be chock-full of anticipated designs.
>>
>>14444261

Amakusa, Colnigs, Flint, Record Breaker, Ghost, and Phantom off the top of my head. They just need to do reprints, hell you might see X2 and X3 as normal releases.
>>
File: gentleman with refined tastes.jpg (77 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gentleman with refined tastes.jpg
77 KB, 1920x1080
>>14442327
>tfw the claculations were spot on
>>
>>14444261
>But there's nothing to sell
they'll make the "anime version" Crossbone X1-3 and probably make a couple Anime exclusive forms. for example have X1 have a special weapon set or something like that. plus there is all the Jupiter Forces MSs. lots of those.
>investment for little to no gain.
people will buy the anime too.

theres also the possibility of going on to Skull Heart and Steel Seven. they can change up the premise of both series to have more gundams/Mobile suit designs and change the plot around.
>>
>>14444283
I doubt Colnigs, Flint, or Record Breaker would ever get a release. I forgot about the Amakusa though. And reprints still aren't worth making a whole series for. X2 and X3 won't be normal releases unless they're [ver. something or other] and I still doubt that. Don't get me wrong, I'd like it to happen, but I really doubt they'd do it considering Bandai's record.
>>
So what you are telling me is that there is still a chance for a Gaia Gear anime
>>
>>14444327
What you also have to realize is that having a show air will only increase the popularity of the units. Also Flint and Record Breaker would easily get releases since Flint is basically a simplified version of the XM-X1 and Record Breaker is just a Crossbone unit with a different head and Wings of Light. So they'd share a ton of parts, Bandai is all reusing runners man. Crossbone would be a goldmine for them.
>>
>>14444327
>>14444327
>I really doubt they'd do it considering Bandai's record.
the last several gundam series have had lots of not-gundam/unorthodox designs being thrown at us. Crossbone would be no different
>>
>>14442243
>slipped under so many people's radar
You mean like the other thread about this slipped under YOUR radar? They beat you it by about six hours.
>>
>>14444340
>>14444346
But they're not popular units, is what I mean. I think a lot of Japanese fans like to pretend Crossbone doesn't really exist.
>>
>>14444385
>I think a lot of Japanese fans like to pretend Crossbone doesn't really exist.
nice head canon thats far from true.
>>
>>14444398
You're right, it's just my opinion. In any case, you can keep saying "Crossbone series soon!" like the past 10 years but it's not going to change much, especially since they shoehorn it into other series in order to release the models people care about.
>>
>>14444427
>it's not going to change much
OP clearly posted that Mr.Sasaki said wasn't impossible and future plans being drafted for old gaidens/novels. this is the biggest confirmation we've ever had with this, so its a big step forward.

not sure why some people here on /m/ are phobic of a crossbone anime.
>>
>>14444481

Because despite this hope it hasn't been done, shows no signs of being done, and probably will not be done as long as they have something relating to Early UC that they can shit out for easy money, as much as that sucks.
>>
>>14444498
OP said that Blue Destiny a big OYW well know series won't be getting an anime any time soon. that says something.
>>
>>14443333
Sunrise hAs nothing to do with that release here
>>
>>14442243
>Not sure why this slipped under so many people's radar
ANN never bothered making an article
>>
>>14444261
If Sunrise made a Crossbone anime there would definitely be merchandise to sell. As others have said there would be anime versions of the Gundams plus they would probably get Katoki to redo all of the Jupiter suits, granted this is all one big hypothetical.
>>
>>14445225
>get Katoki to redo all of the Jupiter suits
why? lots of people like the main ones. he may need to touch them up so we can see how the heck they even work or give them needless weapon upgrades but design wise not much to change.
>>
>>14445259
They don't look toyetic enough, that's why. Failing that, they could always just go for Ishigaki instead.
>>
File: circus.jpg (485 KB, 1200x1810) Image search: [Google]
circus.jpg
485 KB, 1200x1810
>>14445279
they can look very toyetic for Jupiter units. Original Crossbone all the way to Ghost.
>>
>>14445301
Those would need some redesigns just to stand, let alone articulate well, let alone look good.
>>
File: Crossbone suit 2.jpg (253 KB, 1670x1188) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone suit 2.jpg
253 KB, 1670x1188
>>14445320
>model articulation
the fat buddha one I'll give you but the other 3 are fine. only problem would be balancing on the ball. but Ghost isn't the series that get animated.

Probably I see it them being a brick and can't pose very well.
>>
>>14442243
>More Gundam games MAY get localized
this pleases me.
>>
>>14449440
Gihren's Greed GIB!
>>
>>14449448
that would be so good.
>>
File: 1455058297111.png (181 KB, 392x441) Image search: [Google]
1455058297111.png
181 KB, 392x441
>>14442243
>When asked if Hathaway's Flash and Crossbone would ever get animated Mr. Sasaki (the franchise producer) not only said it wasn't impossible, but also said that going forward there were future plans being drafted for new series and they included looking into adapting older gaidens/novels.
>>
>>14443467
It's happening they didn't announce a month as far as I can remember
>>
Clearly this means that Bandai Sunrise finally solved the issue of Sentinel and are going to animate it because UC and Gundam as a whole can't get away from Zeon.
>>
File: ex-s-gundam-alice-small.png (1 MB, 1130x800) Image search: [Google]
ex-s-gundam-alice-small.png
1 MB, 1130x800
>>14450588
I wish.
>>
>crossbone, hathaway and sentinel all get an anime adaptation
>each one features a high school girl as the mc to attract "mainstream" audiences
>except sentinel, which stars a bishounen and his idol AI fighting a horde of fat, sweaty zeeks called "the creeps"
>/m/ says they're all shit
>"y-you weren't the target demographic anyway!"
>they all tank
>nips blame lack of popularity on bitter sexist otaku ruining their cultured progressive chinese cartoon toy commercials
>instead of incompetent execs who hate every possible demographic

Wait for it, /m/.

This is what the modern anime industry will give us next.
>>
>>14453559
>high school girl as the mc
>girl as the mc
>in Gundam
I think your crystal ball's broken.
>>
File: Crossbone X1.jpg (236 KB, 360x525) Image search: [Google]
Crossbone X1.jpg
236 KB, 360x525
>>14453559
>needing to change crossbone to pander
the main girl is a loli, cecily is a milf, has a crazy blonde shota, old grumpy hairy dude, huge titted bimbo, bishounen Seasbook, crazy Zabine for those weird fujo's and more.

it won't take much, just sell some key chains, figmas, and gunpla busts of the characters
>>
>>14443830
The question regarding blue destiny was really awkwardly phrased so the translator also had problems conveying the question.
>>
>>14453559

See >>14453907. Crossbone is already max pandering, and they didn't even do it on purpose.
>>
>>14443349
It was all but confirmed when they made the dub available. There was no way they'd add anything with two casts.
>>
>>14442327
>>14443349
>>14456141
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/4130/time

This says it is going to be 25.
>>
>>14455698
Huh, really?
>>
>>14461599
He totally spaghetti'd all over. I wasnt sure myself what he was trying to get at first immediately because he referred to the the previous question about older gundam manga as a lead in about video games andhow blue destiny was a video game that was adapted into a manga. Meanwhile the translator is trying to write notes down on how to phrase the question but the damn idiot hasnt actually asked the question yet because his lead in was so fucking long and convoluted.

What he should have phrased it is as is if they would adapt video game stories into anime like Blue Destiny or similar titles.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.