[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /m/ after seeing the past few SRW General topics it seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: turn a must turn.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
turn a must turn.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2000
So /m/ after seeing the past few SRW General topics it seems like a lot of people here have had a hard time identifying mecha that have been around for a while so I figured this would be a good time to make visual chart guides for future reference and I have done a few (Turn A being one as shown here). With the various types of gespenstes, huckbeins, grungusts, elemental lords, lions, and the like I am wondering how to divide these guides up as well as figure out which translations are best, so why not make it a discussion topic?
>>
>>14441112
>a lot of people here have had a hard time identifying mecha that have been around for a while
maybe, instead of spoonfeeding
they could just watch the fucking shows if they don't know the robot

it's not like SRW doesn't list the source of units
>>
>>14441130
>they could just watch the fucking shows if they don't know the robot
I mean the OG mechs, most of which don't have show appearances
>>
File: 1432103375525.jpg (2 MB, 2496x2496) Image search: [Google]
1432103375525.jpg
2 MB, 2496x2496
Maybe something like this?
>>
>>14441220
is there an updated version of this not made for ants?
>>
File: 1386612627157.jpg (3 MB, 4620x4620) Image search: [Google]
1386612627157.jpg
3 MB, 4620x4620
>>14441228
That's the most recent version I have. This one is more readable, but it's missing things.
>>
>>14441245
Good fucking god, that is a mess to look at. Whoever makes these needs to divide the sections up. I saw a version with black lines once, they need to keep doing that.
>>
>>14441245
This is... extraordinarily poorly organised.

Shockingly, even.
>>
>>14441293
>>14441319
That's why this thread is here, to make something less messy!
>>
>>14441342
Start by making each "series" of units its own separate image. Especially the more disconnected ones, like the J originals. Where there's a cross, if needed, just have the one most recent be a "parent".

Then, organise the robots so that there's a vertical ordering where possible (e.g., the original Lion is above the Barrellion and the Guarlion).
>>
So the sprites for MD are uploaded yet or it's too soon?
>>
File: 1465671363386.jpg (3 MB, 4200x4200) Image search: [Google]
1465671363386.jpg
3 MB, 4200x4200
>>14441354
The chart itself is fine, it just needs to be separated, like this one.
>>
>>14441354
Okay, so what about translations of names? I see many websites that spell various units differently in English be it MAHQ, the Akurasu wiki, the regular SRW, youtube videos, Pixel Galaxy, probably GameFaqs, etc. Who do I trust or do I put down multiple names?
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>14443710
Well, first of all, nobody really cares. Literally no one will use your charts since this isn't chart-worthy at all.

Secondly, I think tha
>>
>>14441112
SUMO confirmed for Cosmic Era tech.
>>
Bump for ideas
>>
>>14441245
>zfylud
>valuch
>DyGenGuard
>RanDomCaps for china
>APOTHEOSIZED NE PLUS ULTRA

How about no
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.