[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
G no Reconguista
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 22
Why did the Crescent Ship have a Rayhunton code?
>>
Aida's ass was the only good thing about G-Reco
>>
>>14437128
Because Rayhunton family was in control of distribution of Photon Batteries on Earth.
>>
>>14437128
The same reason that no matter who built a backpack for what mobile suit, they all only worked with the G-Self:
senility
>>
>>14437467
> Aida's ass was the only good thing about G-Reco
Good one, mate. G-reco had some delicious servings.
>>
>>14438186
Genga.
>>
>>14438188
Where do you guys find this stuff? Twitter?
>>
>>14438269
> twitter
Yeah, also genga books, official web of animation studios sometimes, occasionally in anime TV specials, BDs might feature bonuses be it in video documentaries or small animation flipbooks. Shit like that. Sometimes you can buy genga directly.

This one has been posted on official G-reco twitter. KA the man Yoshida himself. https://twitter.com/gundam_reco/status/564129859555700738
>>
>>14438186
But the characters were so shit and one dimensional that I can't enjoy the fanservice.
>>
>>14437489
The Rayhunton family was moon based and the Crescent Ship was a Venus Globe mothership, why would it have a code from a family based on the moon? It was only supposed to bring shit to the moon
>>
>>14438525
Here's your reply
>>
File: 1419789425414.jpg (149 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1419789425414.jpg
149 KB, 1200x1600
>>14437467
S I B L I N G S
I
B
L
I
N
G
S
>>
>>14438599
He is right on that front though, the story was easy to understand and follow, the characters on the other hand didn't act like human beings or anything of the sort, every single one of them acted like a sentient plot device
>>
File: 1467310556219.jpg (181 KB, 475x608) Image search: [Google]
1467310556219.jpg
181 KB, 475x608
>>14438626
>He's

Here's another one.
>>
File: CjoxRoxVEAAEO5Q.jpg (149 KB, 954x1273) Image search: [Google]
CjoxRoxVEAAEO5Q.jpg
149 KB, 954x1273
>>14438619
Best part about Greco is Bellri's VA going after a 3D oneesan and that was Uncle Tomino's keikaku all along
>>
>>14438626
>the characters on the other hand didn't act like human beings or anything of the sort, every single one of them acted like a sentient plot device
No you're just retarded.
>>
>>14438626
>the characters on the other hand didn't act like human beings or anything of the sort, every single one of them acted like a sentient plot device
I like that people say this when the show gave us a lot of examples of characters being human being. The one I can think on the top of my hand was Bellri's reaction to the siblings reveal: at first he didn't care that much or just acted really surprised, but when it started to sink he just felt pretty pissed, as opposed to other shows were a character in the same position would just be pissed from the start.
>>
>>14438635
Nigger, why would I try to samefag? The only other post I made on the thread was the one pointing out that the Crescent Ship is from Venus Globe, seriously why the fuck did G-Reco create such a insular fanbase? Where if you disagree with anything everyone becomes a single poster? Fucking faggots the lot of you, this is the only reason I hate this show, it managed to finally break /m/ in half
>>
>>14437128
I know this is a shitposting/anti greco thread but the Crescent Ship doesnt use Rayhunton Codes, it was some other generic sci-fi technobabble regarding the main engine. The logic behind it was that since both the G-Self and Crescent Ship were ripped directly from the Rose of Hermes blueprints they'd use similar systems. To which their hunch was right.

And before you mention the medallion, Bellri is only shown using the medallion to start up the G-Self.

tl;dr Sci Fi anime uses technobabble to move the plot along like any other.
>>
>>14439477
>but the Crescent Ship doesnt use Rayhunton Codes
It does. The ship can go full speed because of the Rayhunton Codes and thanks to Bellri and Aida they are able to use it properly again.

>>14438563
>The Rayhunton family was moon based and the Crescent Ship was a Venus Globe mothership
I don't know if "mothership" is the most correct way to call it, given that G-IT has a ship with the same tech, but I see nothing odd about it having Rayhunton Codes, given that they are one of the main supporters of SU-Cordism.
>>
>>14439537
Watch the episode again, it isn't a Rayhunton Code and it doesnt have anything to do with speed.

The main engine idles unless the medallion was entered because it uses the same tech that restricts the G-Selfs usage. It was first hypothesized then tested in the same episode.

If the engine in your car is idling are you moving?
>>
>>14439781
And what is it? The thing starts repeating "RAYHUNTON CODE RAYHUNTON CODE RAYHUNTON CODE" and it works with Bellri's and Aida's medallion, which is the symbol of Rayhunton.
>>
>>14439787
It doesnt mention anything about Rayhunton Codes. Only the operation mode and that since they're both designed in the same place they'd have similar systems. Lorucca is the one who proposes the idea that if the G-Self comes in contact with it it might work, the Captain of the ship later confirms it in a later episode.

The show explains it away in the next episode anyway.
>>
File: mpv-shot0007.jpg (333 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0007.jpg
333 KB, 1920x1080
>>14439919
>It doesnt mention anything about Rayhunton Codes.
17:25 of episode 18.
>>
Why was Bellri so determined to continue to ingratiate himself with the pirates even going so far as to kill capital army/guard units? I get that his intentions were to perform reconaissance and he'd need to buy some credibility as a recruit for the pirates but it seemed like he didnt really give a fuck about killing Capital army soldiers until Dellensen.

Am i getting the whole picture here? Is he really just an ignorant cunt?
>>
>>14438643
It's fun to watch the anxiety kick in as Bellri takes off a glove, checks his hand and touches his face for no apparent reason.
>>
>>14440973
I still appreciate Bellri's "what the fuck was that" reaction to his first Newtype moment.
>>
>>14440996
Bellri's WTF moments are all pretty great

>what's this
>I flew past the moon to get here
>what do you mean the place that they said had an ocean has a genuine fucking ocean?
>>
Why and how was Lorucca in the Full Moon then back in Crescent after Manny went back to Mask?
>>
My biggest complaint is that We don't get to see much action from the overpowered Venus Globe suits.

G-Rach jobbed to G-Self.
Dharma was only used for reentry.
Trinity jobs to G-IT guys.
Dharma with Nick was unbeatable.

Also Full Dress G-Arcane didn't do much and G-Lucifer killed an Amerian ship.
>>
File: Muscles vs Genius..png (933 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Muscles vs Genius..png
933 KB, 1280x720
>>14441052
almost every suit besides G-Self/Bellri didn't have time to shine.
>>
>>14441063
Because nothing comes close to Bellri and the G-Self.
The only one to be an actual threat to Bellri was Dellensen.

Shit, Rockpie was in a suit that was superior to any other until G-Self went Photon Shield and beat it bare handed.
>>
>>14441005
Maybe because he is only interested in killing people from Dorette's fleet to get revenge.
>>
>>14437467
You take that back.
>>
>>14439941
My guess, the Rayhunton build the ship.

All of he Rayhunton research into UC technology were record into the Rose of Hermes and they use their DNA as the cryptic code to access the dangerous tech.
>>
>>14439941
It's really weird that in episode 18 ended with Bellri going into Crescent Ship's engine room, seeing the Rayhunton symbol, inserting his necklace and activating the engine, noting that the engine has the same limitations as batteries(probably about it blowing up if you try to open it, so the crew has to idle for 3 days before actually going to Venus Globe), but in episode 19 they just talked as if the Crescent Ship activated because G-Self waltzed into it.

Maybe this has something to do with it
>After Episode 19, we improved so it became a little easier to watch, but gosh, it was too late. With a terrifying amount of effort, we managed to wrap everything up by Episode 26.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-04-24/yoshiyuki-tomino-admits-story-problems-in-gundam-reconguista/.87449

Maybe there was a bigger thing about Rayhunton, Venus Globe and Cumpa Rusita.
>>
>>14440735
>idnt really give a fuck about killing Capital army soldiers
He did though, he purposefully tried not to kill using stuff like the water bombs. He was just realistic about stuff realising he had to fight a bit more proper at times, which was helped by him not really liking the capital army anyway
>>
>>14440735
I think Bellri tried pretty hard not to kill people, it just sort of happened when Bellri invoked Rayhunton Code and G-Self went full Photon Shield mode, overwhelming the MS surrounding him.

He never liked Capital Army and his dislike only grew after witnessing them breaking taboos.
>>
>>14441052
The Amorzagan and Bifron just existed to pad the show and had no presence.
>>
>>14442460
>I think Bellri tried pretty hard not to kill people

JUST WARNING SHOTS
>>
>>14442471
Gotta give Mick Jack and Barara something to tell them apart from grunts.
Armorzagan was breaking apart(in the cockpit) in the only battle it participated.
Bifron used it's rocket legs and becomes useless after.

Funnels seems like such a waste in this series, even the supposedly powerful Trinity lost 3 wired limbs pretty quickly, even the Lucifer lost all 3 funnels against Yggdrasil then lost 1 being caught in the warship explosion.
>>
>>14442471

They were there to prove a point- both nations were fielding dangerous and oversized war machines but were completely clueless on how to use them or maintain them or even how to act around them.

The Armozagan's chips failed on the fly, the Bifron fell apart, and hell even the Yggdrasil was having hardware issues before it went down.

Fuck, Aida's dad got killed because he wasn't wearing a fucking spacesuit, one of the warships blew up on reentry, and Cumpa died due to workplace health and safety risks.

The most reliable MS in the show are the G-Self which was built a while ago, the existing military MS grunts, and the Dahack which wasn't even a combat suit but a space mining unit.
>>
>>14442451
Or maybe it is a lot easier: they share the same Rayhunton tech and that is it. Same tech that Tomino never bothered or wanted to explain in detail, he didn't do it before episode 19, and I doubt he was going to do it after. Same tech that is obscure to most of the characters.

It is not like Turn A's capabilities and Dark History are much more clearer subjects, for what matters.
>>
>>14442496
>one of the warships blew up on reentry
I love how Tomino kills tons of people like it is just a snap of fingers.
>>
>>14442496
One of my favorite parts. They get all cocky since they got some coating then realize that they're seriously pushing it. So many people fail to realize that G-Reco is a war of ego lead by a few irresponsible idiots that simply did it because they were given the means to.
>>
Guys, what if the tech is not named after Bellri's family, but the other way around (they got that last name because they are in charge of the Rayhunton-kind of tech)?
>>
>>14442496
>They were there to prove a point- both nations were fielding dangerous and oversized war machines but were completely clueless on how to use them or maintain them or even how to act around them.

It's funny when you put it like that.
Usually reentry scenes are soemthing of a set-piece, just something the characters have to take care of, and usually a fight is their biggest concern at the moment.

On G-Reco, everyone stops fighting so they can focus on trying to not die during the drop
>>
File: gself.jpg (59 KB, 283x500) Image search: [Google]
gself.jpg
59 KB, 283x500
>>14442524

I think that's a fair assumption. They were an influential family before the coup, and considering the treatment of technology in society it'd make sense that the secrets of high tech stuff would only be entrusted to the elite.

The G-Self is pretty interesting since it was built by Rayhunton supporters who would have been taken over by the Dorrette Fleet and forced to give up their secrets, but the G-Self was passed over during MS trials and didn't display its true power, which is how it escaped mass-production and instead was able to be used as a scout MS by Raraiya. That basically implies that Rayhunton technology was able to effectively hide the Gundam's abilities from the Dorrette technicians using a much more advanced level of knowledge. Then The Rayhunton loyalists simply used their enemies organization to deliver the G-Self to the heirs on Earth. Useful.
>>
>>14442473
To be perfectly fair, memes aside. No one can hear you screaming in your cockpit during an MS battle and that guy got hit by a beam coming from the edge of combat range.
>>
>>14442656
Someone didn't like the warning shots sequence?
>>
>>14442668
I loved it. Ep 15 had my favorite fight.
WARNING SHOTS is just a meme.
>>
>>14442105
Almost all G-Reco girls are built for sex

including Wilmit
i wonder why Bellri don't even tap that religious milf ass if he's really into incest so much[/spolier]
>>
>>14437467
Don't you dare speak so casually about Aida-Sama's ass.
>>
>>14446397
I don't understand why everyone holds Aida in such high regards, even Klim Nick, the President's son.
>>
>>14446416
Because:
1. She's an Inspector General's daughter
2. She's very competent if she get herself together
3. Not act like higher up brats, actually close to every one else
4. Able to hold her own in crappy half assed, unfinished mobile suit that is G Arcane
5. She's fabulous

Really, the things that hold her off is just that she's very reckless and seems like a trigger happy girl, which is why she is given support suit instead of assault close combat suit?
>>
>>14440973
I want to touch his face
>>
>>14446707
>4. Able to hold her own in crappy half assed, unfinished mobile suit that is G Arcane
Explain.

While I agree the Arcane is pretty lackluster, is it actually unfinished? Why? Also, where did that G-unit come from? Presumably Venus Globe or Towasanga, but why'd that one end up in Ameria?
>>
>>14446778
Towasanga engineers who ran away to Ameria with the Rose of Hermes blueprints, manipulated by Cumpa Rusita built the Megafauna and G-Arcane along with several other ships and suits/armors.
>>
>>14446807
Okay, they really needed to explain the Rose of Hermes blueprints bullshit a bit more than just say "remember that one time" every second episode.

So far (I'm on episode 23) I've interpreted that as "hey, we got blueprints and then followed them" as opposed to a moonrace situation where people straight-up defected to help the earthnoid peasants with technology that amounted to magic for their benefactors.
>>
File: 1466658890088.jpg (1 MB, 1000x1412) Image search: [Google]
1466658890088.jpg
1 MB, 1000x1412
Wow why didn't anyone tell there was a video game starring Aida, Rockpie AND Renton?
>>
>>14446834
Cumpa Rusita manipulated events so that humanity would go to war.
He supplied engineers and the blueprints to Ameria and Gondwan who are at war so that they can escalate the situation, also spreading rumors of a space fleet from the moon that plans on invading Earth, the Reconguista plan.

While it is true that the Reconguista plan exists, the Dorette fleet argues that their existence is a response to Ameria-Gondwan's war that involves spaceships, a fear of the Earthnoid's love of waging war and the belief that moon people can manage Earth better.
>>
>>14446778
It is am incomplete prototype unit based on the design of G-Self.

The Ameria build it base on their technology level as a test bed for various backpack.

Unfortunately, while the backpacks were easily to be manufactured, the unit that use them was not and so the G-Arcane cannot use any of the backpack that G-Self can.
>>
I just realized Bifron is a demon name.
Lucifer
Rach being a Russian name for the penitent thief that died on the cross
Kabakali named after Kuntala god and holy land

The MS in this series have pretty cool names.
>>
>>14442460
Even the Photon Shield didn't kill anything, right? His first actual one after "joining" was Dellensen, who be was mad at first using such an advanced taboo-breaking suit (before knowing it was actually his instructor).
>>
>>14447151
The G-Arcane can equip the Assault Pack.
>>
>>14446223
>>14446223
>including Wilmit
Best girl. Best mom.
>>
File: bellri and wilmit.png (398 KB, 662x550) Image search: [Google]
bellri and wilmit.png
398 KB, 662x550
>>14446223
>>14449216
You're both sick. How could you look at this and think hot tender taboo breaking of a level even Aida wouldnt be avle to approach?!
>>
File: no master grade.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
no master grade.gif
2 MB, 250x188
tfw no grimoire master grade
>>
>>14449797
SU-Cord taboo don't even stated about incest, so its ok anon.

And why don't you repay the tenderness of mother love to the whole new level?
>>
File: Wilmit the Empress.jpg (429 KB, 726x1200) Image search: [Google]
Wilmit the Empress.jpg
429 KB, 726x1200
>>14451052
Its sick and wrong! A mothers warmth shouldnt come from her hot lusty and soft loins
>>
File: 1dcc3008-s.jpg (331 KB, 700x991) Image search: [Google]
1dcc3008-s.jpg
331 KB, 700x991
>>
>>14451837
I want this manga so bad
>>
>>14452441
wew lad
>>
Comparing this to Turn A, Aida seems to be a mix between Sochie, Kihel and Diana.

Sochie's misguided belief and recklessness.
Kihel's approach to problems, preferring to experience things firsthand.
Diana's royalty status and goal of ending the war.
>>
>>14452519
Also Diana's ass
>>
>>14452532
Also Diana's used goods status.
>>
>>14452643
Cahill was gentle but strong though, how can geniuses even compete?
>>
File: 249715592.jpg (63 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
249715592.jpg
63 KB, 700x800
>>14437467
I only watched it for her.
>>
>>14438525
If you don't like those things why are you on this board?
>>
File: Caetano Veloso.jpg (68 KB, 403x312) Image search: [Google]
Caetano Veloso.jpg
68 KB, 403x312
>>14437467
>>14438525
>>14438626
>>
>>14446223
I would absolutely wreck Wilmit if given the chance.
>>
File: 232104088247.jpg (297 KB, 752x1062) Image search: [Google]
232104088247.jpg
297 KB, 752x1062
>>14437467
Bellri pls
>>
>>14458856
Post the gif
>>
>>14437128
Visual detailing
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.