[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRSI Anime Expo Panel 2016
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: gundam.jpg (76 KB, 914x512) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
76 KB, 914x512
Showed trailers for Build Fighters, Try, and CCA.

Announced pic related as releasing in the short term (next few months). Also confirmed 0083 Afterglow of Zeon is coming too.

The guy doing the panel also mentioned that if you're interested in future releases to check out the Sunrise panel tomorrow.
>>
File: CVmjOqo.jpg (160 KB, 1536x922) Image search: [Google]
CVmjOqo.jpg
160 KB, 1536x922
>>14435366
Also, apparently Viz got the Thunderbolt manga.
>>
>>14435366
>OVA's
>no Victory
So close yet still so far.

Not gonna both with the 0080 rerelease since it will be DVD-only. Come on Japan, get your ass in gear and remaster that shit already.

What's Afterglow of Zeon btw?
>>
>>14435471

Compilation movie release of 0083 according to Google. And while this is nice, it's not really anything I'm too excited about, primarily because they're home media releases and I can't even remember the last time I bought anything on physical media. It's been at least two years. I'd probably buy 0080, but only if it's bluray. I'd definitely buy Turn-A, but again, I'm only really interested in a bluray release.

What's got a subbed bluray release at this point?
>>
File: Wing-huh.jpg (58 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Wing-huh.jpg
58 KB, 480x640
>>14435366
when will they release Wing TV and Endless Waltz Bluray? I know G Gundam won't be for a while cause its barely out in japan but those 2 have been out for some time now.
>>
>>14435614
I would love to see Wing and Endless Waltz get released.
>>
>>14435614
Seems like they're focusing on UC, recent-ish series, and ones which were never brought over. All the other stuff left in the middile like Wing, Seed, 00 would be for later waves of releases.
>>
>>14435366

Sunrise and Bandai suddenly taking the Western anime scene seriously again this year has interesting prospects. Maybe it'll force Crunchyroll newfags to learn a thing or two about their being viable shit besides Fate Fucking Stay Night and whatever shitty LN/VN adaptations are getting made.

Then again possibly not. I wonder if they just get no attendees since Western fans that might attend these conventions seem to all hate mecha now. Like I just feel it's too little too late to start dialoguing with Western fans again for Sunrise even though they had a fairly good run at the turn of the century.
>>
>>14435697
>Sunrise and Bandai suddenly taking the Western anime scene seriously again this year has interesting prospects

They've been taking it seriously again since The Origin manga's runaway success convinced them to push Gundam hard in the States again.
>>
>>14435697

It's not so much they are taking it seriously AGAIN it's that they don't have the fuck ups running things like old school Bandai Entertainment had. Rememeber that "what's your level?" Bullshit?
>>
I'm honestly surprised we're getting the 0083 BD so soon. I thought it would be a few years before we got that.

Gives me hope for G Gundam BDs in late 2017.
>>
From Nozomi Entertainment, the formats are:
- Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket DVD
- Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Blu-ray/DVD
- Gundam 0083: Afterglow of Zeon Blu-ray/DVD
- Gundam F91 Blu-ray/DVD
- Gundam Reconguista in G Blu-ray
>>
>>14435828
>Gundam 0083: Afterglow of Zeon
AND WE AT DOOZYBOTSZ ALL LAUGING
>>
>>14435828
>- Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket DVD
why

just put that on the backburner until bd is available and swap 08th team in its place
>>
>>14436069
They can always put out a Blu-ray when it's available...
>>
>>14436695

Who'll even buy a DVD in this day and age to make it worth the time and money of licensing, pressing and marketing would be my guess. One I agree with though.
>>
My favorite quote from the rightstuf/Gundam panel...

"For the longest time, there was the perception that Gundam is dead in America. How do you adjust your marketing for that?"

"We do it by ignoring the people who say Gundam is dead in America."

Suck it, /m/. Apparently all these UC/Tomino based releases h (No Wing, SEED, or 00) have done very well so far.
>>
AGE when?
>>
>>14435587

00 movie, Unicorn, Origin 1-3, Imported SEED/Destiny Remastered, Thunderbolt, 0079 TV, Zeta TV, ZZ, BF and eventually CDA and BFT

No word yet on the formats for G Reco, 0083, and F91. 0080 will be DVD because no BD yet. F91 will almost certainly be BD. 0083 and G Reco... maybe?
>>
>>14438172
Everything we'll have a blu-ray release except 0080.
>>
>>14438185

Oh good. So the only one I'd want is the only one not released in the only format I'm interested in. Fantastic. Still, this reminds me to get 0079 tv on bluray at least.
>>
>>14436695
>>14437439

I don't trust companies to do BD transfers because they all look like overfiltered shit.
>>
>>14435697
>Western fans that might attend these conventions seem to all hate mecha now
Not their fault 90% of modern mecha is shit.
>>
>>14438231

Sturgeon's law held for old mecha too. It's just only the popular stuff gets remembered. And subbed too a lot of the time.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.