[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Preview from August 2016 Magazyn Arigato #25 (Poland)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: Shōji_Kawamori_Portrait.png (183 KB, 280x367) Image search: [Google]
Shōji_Kawamori_Portrait.png
183 KB, 280x367
Preview from August 2016 Magazyn Arigato #25 (Poland)
Interview with Shoji Kawamori

>I need to ask you about my favourite Macross, but I’m scared!
Don’t be scared, I’m curious now [laughs]

>It’s Macross 7, I enjoy it a lot, but I heard you didn't like it.
Why are you scared? [laughs] I don’t hate it or anything. Creatively, it was a failure, but as a tv anime it was a success. The record companies were happy, the models sold well, and the music is still popular.

>But you think it’s a failure, still?
Yes. Look. The thing about Macross 7 was that it was conceptually bankrupt. At the proposal meeting, Tetsu-kun (Tetsuro Amino, Macross 7 director) said ‘I see the protagonist piloting a Valkyrie with an electric guitar’. He looked into my eyes as the silence fell on the room.

>He was looking for guidance?
Yes, that was it. Tetsu-kun is very talented and I trusted him completely. I thought the idea was ridiculous! But I looked him in the eye and said ‘Tetsu-kun, it’s your show’. I only came up with the character Gamlin and his concept in the triangle.

>Gamlin is definitely my favourite, I love his Wolverine-hair.
Everyone says that! I honestly did not do that on purpose. My concept for Gamlin was someone who was Constantly Unstoppable, Constantly Key. Nothing would get in his way and he would remain pivotal to the story’s events.

>So, what’s your final verdict on Macross 7?
It’s definitely not Trash, but it isn’t Dynamite either. I’d say if the Galaxy is Calling Nekki Basara, I probably wouldn’t pick up, it’s likely to be a marketing call.

>Kawamori-san, thank you so much
>>
Fuck you Op, made me read the whole thing.
>>
Who?
>>
>>14428561
op here. it's a leaked preview from the upcoming issue of Magazyn Arigato, so soon I think?
>>
Nice fake interview. Almost had me going.
>>
>>14428580
Yeah, I realized the post I was quoting, >>14428491 , meant the entire OP post, rather than an entire interview which I mistakenly thought at first.
>>
>>14428463
So fucking fake.
>>
>>14428463
>It’s definitely not Trash, but it isn’t Dynamite either
FUCK YOU OP
>>
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-30/macross-creator-shoji-kawamori-satelight-unveil-new-tv-anime-for-global-launch/.103832
>>
>>14432133
http://www.project-the-next.com/message.html
>>
>>14432140
>I am going to challenge to create a piece of entertainment that no one has ever seen by combining the “coolest” forefront technologies and the drive of human’s burning souls, just like how the species evolved.

Well Kawamori, way to put the nail in the coffin before the project even began.
>>
>>14432140
Seems it is going to be a very big project.
Well, I'm kinda excited. I'm not really a Kawamori fan, but I like when a creator aims high.
>>
File: surpass-gundam.jpg (35 KB, 428x629) Image search: [Google]
surpass-gundam.jpg
35 KB, 428x629
>>14432183
Sounds familiar.
>>
>>14432201
Except Aldnoah was bad
>>
>>14432201
Those guys were talking about surpassing Gundam and shit. Kawamori is just saying he wants to aim high
>>
>>14432254
Just like every non-Macross Kawamori project.
>>
>>14432140
Damn, that's a pretty cool site. I like the way the pages slide.
>>
>>14432269
>M3
>Aquarion
Can't argue with that.
>>
>>14432273
Kawamori only did the mecha designs on M3
>>
>>14432273
M3 is every bit as mediocre as A/Z S1, and Aquarion has always been shit, but with EVO's existence it turns into liquid diarrhea.

Still, neither have reached the pits of sheer awful as Arjuna, which looks more like what Kawamori is aiming for with this new project conceptually.
>>
>>14428463
>It’s definitely not Trash, but it isn’t Dynamite either. I’d say if the Galaxy is Calling Nekki Basara, I probably wouldn’t pick up, it’s likely to be a marketing call.
Goddammit OP, you clever ass.
>>
>>14432284
>Aquarion has always been shit
Incorrect, all installments are amazingly fantastic.
>>
>>14432639
>EVOL
>good
>>>/trash/
>>
>>14428463
Bumping
>>
>>14428463
>why are you scared?
Kawamori is a wrathful god among fans
>>
>>14434729
This is fake anon
>>
Anyone going to Anime Expo in LA to see Kawamori's Q&A session tomorrow?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.