[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: 1464993222688[1].jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464993222688[1].jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
Apologize
>>
>>14422410
>those graphics
is it 2005 again?
>>
>>14422410

Just make a Megaman thread and stop making the same thread.
>>
>>14422423

What does this have to do with Mega Man? This is about Mighty Number 9, the hot new series from Comcept and Keiji Inafune! It's going to be a multi-media firestorm. Movies, television, games, comics, toys, etc. MN9 is the hot new thing. I was just at a primary school a few days ago and Mighty Number 9 is all the kids were talking about.
>>
>>14422445
When did everything go so wrong? Why did they decide to use a completely obsolete game engine? I don't understand how could you fuck something up so bad.
>>
We just had this thread, fuck off.
>>>/v/
>>
>>14422469
>I don't understand how could you fuck something up so bad.
Inafune is not, and has never been, a game programmer or director. He was a sprite artist and producer.
>>
>>14422445

Because your sarcasm isn't fooling anyone and everyone involved in the game, creators and fans sold the idea on being a Megaman clone. If you're going to make the same thread multiple times then expect some complaints.
>>
>>14422489

he's clearly not even a good producer given what a shit show this has been
>>
>>
>>14422507
He's better than nothing, right?
>>
File: Hideki Kamiya tweet collage.png (452 KB, 1490x1065) Image search: [Google]
Hideki Kamiya tweet collage.png
452 KB, 1490x1065
>>14422469

To summarize:

>1. Ports

A bunch of ports were added as stretch goals and they didn't think through how much this would cost. They then decided to make all 10 versions at the same time, rather than the standard of 1 base game, then porting from there. To simplify the process, they went with a "Lowest Common Denominator" method, which drastically impacted the graphics. The 3DS and Vita ports are nowhere to be seen and may end up being cancelled.

The ports ended up eating a lot of time and money. The 3DS version also has to be fully remade in a new engine.

>2. Unreal Engine 3

They never seemed to have fully got the hang of UE3. And support for it ended when they started development. It also makes

They should have went with UE4. And

>3. Inexperience.

They touted that it was made by "mega man veterans", but the only people returning were artists and composers. I think the designs and music are fine. It's lacking in programming and directing. The two directors for the game have next to no experience, with one of them having only MN9 as his sole credit.

Many people mistakenly believe Inafune is the creator of Mega Man, or that he's a game director. The producer/director confusion is common. Inafune's only role was as CEO of Comcept and as an artist in any case.

The people responsible for the good gameplay of past MM games were not returning.

>4. Multi-media

Before the game was even made, Inafune started planning movies, tv shows, anime, merchandise, etc. Focuses money and time away from the game itself. Inafune seems to not realize that he runs a small studio now, and thinks he's still at Capcom. His team doesn't have the clout or resources to pull any of this off. No one will want to invest millions in a tv show for an untested new gaming series that doesn't even have any game out.

In short: Inafune is a pretty lousy manager. He created or signed off on all these ideas, or hired the people that did.
>>
>>14422410
>>>/v/
You need to go back
>>
File: BORN TO FLOP engrish parody.png (503 KB, 647x911) Image search: [Google]
BORN TO FLOP engrish parody.png
503 KB, 647x911
>>
>>14422920
I'd bang Call
>>
>>14422943

Call is so derivative of Roll though. It's jsut roll with headphones. At least Beck has different colors and design. Although he uses too much blue.
>>
>>14423027
I know, I'd also bang every single Roll, including Alia.
>>
My brother and I did a review and tried not to hate it.
We were not successful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcaAF7Har9Q
>>
>>14423066

>2 hours

Dude, I can beat the game in that time. Cut your review down to 5 minutes.
>>
>Rock and Roll
>__ck and __ll
>Beck and Call
how could anybody guess this chump was Con Man
>>
>>14423066
>17 views
lel
>>
>>14423087
We're going to. That's our podcast episode. Raw footage.
And we ramble.
>>
>>14423066
Just wait for the inevitable CGR review.

CGR is perma-mellow.
>>
>>14423098
>what is an homage
here's your free bump for your shitty thread, faggot

stop making them, it just ends up turning into /v/ and it's cancer, nobody cares about this game anymore
>>
>>14423107
Smalltime as fuck, bro.

>>14423118
There was just too much small shit bugging me. Like the fact that Beck doesn't have a god damn NECK.
Fuck that bugs me.

I can see it in the OP pic of this thread and it makes me so mad.
>>
>>14423066
2 hours is fine for a lets play, but in the future you should divide the videos 20mins each or less
>>
>>14423158
We're going to do separate 1 minute long quick reviews. For let's plays, we've experimented, and found that people generally prefer longer form videos for LPs.

We could cut it up shorter, but that'd just be more ads.
>>
>>14423187
>more ads.
hahaha the truth comes out
>>
File: barale.png (567 KB, 816x1000) Image search: [Google]
barale.png
567 KB, 816x1000
>>14422943
Arale Call should have won.
>>
>>14423441
Nah, Arale shouldn't be a support bot.
>>
>>14423143
>no-neck Beck
>>
>>14423066

The similarities to MN9 and what Egoraptor mocked in his Mega Man video are pretty funny. Here's a game he may have personally given thousands to, one that he believed strongly in, and it does something he ends up hating.

I went through his twitter and he's said nothing about the game, only retweeting people who noticed his sign in the game.
>>
File: 1466546119127.jpg (54 KB, 258x272) Image search: [Google]
1466546119127.jpg
54 KB, 258x272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWIQn-5EjQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQotKe125i8
>>
>>14422410
>Apologize
I deeply regret any asspain you are experiencing
>>
>>14422410
Okay, I'll apologize.

I'm sorry you turned out to be SHIT.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.
>>
>>14422768
clarification on 3

game was being made by Inti-Creates which did Zero series and a few more

they WERE on-board when Inafune said they would make a megaman-esque game, but then Inafune said "nah we have to make it a bit more stand out", putting them outside of their actual talents and skills
>>
>>14423441
>Arale Call should have won.

I don't care which one as long as it wasn't the discount roll one we got
>>
>>14423289
...yeah, we left the videos long so their would be fewer ads.
You cracked the case.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.