[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But no really, at what point did Joel think "I should use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: mst3kJoel.jpg (93 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
mst3kJoel.jpg
93 KB, 600x350
But no really, at what point did Joel think "I should use the thing that will protect me from insanity to build my robot friends". I know you can make the easy argument of "but then there'd be no show", but Forrester showed in the movie that if Mike says no, he can just cut off the SoL's oxygen.

Couldn't he have used Rocket Number 9?
>>
>>14422007
the robot friends did more to protect him from insanity
even if he could keep the oxygen going and prevent shocks to the shammies he'd still have been alone
>>
Didn't he just make them out of the special parts which he'd have been able to control the movies with? Like you said, Forrester can basically fuck with him whenever and for any reason (especially i'd imagine, for not watching the movies). So it seems pretty reasonable to at least build some buddies to wisecrack your a-hole boss with to me.
>>
>>14422052
>Didn't he just make them out of the special parts which he'd have been able to control the movies with?

He made them out of the parts that would give Joel direct control over when the movies begin and end, the theme song says so.
>>
File: Granin_toast.png (219 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Granin_toast.png
219 KB, 640x360
>>14422007
It's just a show, you should really just relax.
>>
>>14422166

But I want to know how he eats and breathes, and other sciene facts!
>>
I'd rather have friends to watch these movies with than the ability to control when the movies begin or end.
>>
Speaking of MST, did anyone else go to the reunion last night?
>>
>>14422169
in a Season 1 episode Joel mentions that he ate vicariously through whatever we ate while snacking and watching the show
>>
ROWSDOWER!
>>
>>14422007
The SoL was built by professional mad scientists, I doubt he had any idea that he was using the movie-control parts until he was done, at which point Forrester gleefully told him he had screwed himself.
>>
>>14422007
If you're going down that path OP, you should ask yourself why Joel didn't find and use the Escape Pod hidden in the crate of hamdingers right after he was launched into space and he was doing an inventory of what all he had.

For a somewhat plausible reason for what he eats and breaths and other science facts you can't relax about. I'm sure he gets food and water through some waste recycler and water reclaimer. Same with oxygen. Or the Mads shoot up supplies to him every so often as a means to keep forcing him to watch movies.
>>
>>14422527
>If you're going down that path OP, you should ask yourself why Joel didn't find and use the Escape Pod hidden in the crate of hamdingers right after he was launched into space and he was doing an inventory of what all he had.

I always assumed that when he did inventory he didn't know that there was an escape pod put in the hamdingers. I mean it's a crate that says hamdingers, what else is gonna be in there?
>>
BLAST HARDCHEESE!
>>
>>14422573
You still check what's in the boxes even if they're labeled when doing a full inventory, especially when you're stranded and alone. Also he was in space for 3/4 years (Depending on if you consider the KTMA episodes canon. Yes I went there, deal with it.) you'd think he'd have a craving for hamdingers, unless Joel's was an anti hamite.
>>
>>14422617
>unless Joel's was an anti hamite
Irrelevant, hamdingers aren't ham. They're kinda like spam.

Plus Joel of all people (since they're from Wisconsin) would know hamdingers stopped being made in the 70s, so they're probably expired. It was mostly a midwest in-joke on an old obscure food product from their region.

>Yes I went there, deal with it.

It's not like the show really acknowledged KTMA as existing. Hell the show barely acknowledged that Dr. Erhardt existed.
>>
>>14422616

STUMP JUNKMAN

Funnily, I named my chaos team in Blood Bowl 2 all after David Ryder names, with the final member being "Bob Johnson...oh wait".
>>
in KTMA the satellite was powered by ratings
>>
I would just like to say that "Manos: The Hands Of Fate" is the worst movie i've ever tried to watch.
THREE times i've tried to watch it, and even with the wise-cracking from Joel and the robots it still put me to sleep in the same part ALL THREE TIMES.
>>
>>14424068

It's not the worst.

Castle of Fu Manchu is so bad that even the riffs won't do it any favors.
>>
>>14424081
>>14424068
Manos is probably the most technically incompetent of the stuff they showed.

I find Fu Manchu a lot more dull.

Monster a go go is quite the non movie at times but that seems to be more from making movie sausage out if about two thirds of a movie, each third shot a year apart. When it's not filling out nothing there's almost something there.
>>
>>14424068
The worst movie I've ever seen is "Death Bed: The Bed That Eats".

Even MST3K won't touch that shit. It is so bad Patton Oswalt wrote a whole comedy skit about it. I want to stress that even if Patton Oswalt's skit sounds funny, Death Bed is totally devoid of anything even funny to make fun of. It is so, so bad.
>>
>>14424338

Linking it purely because it got me to see that movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01l1WIC9mBo

And yes, it's amazingly bad. Like holy shit.
>>
>>14424338
>Even MST3K won't touch that shit.

Have you ever watched the movie that MST outright stated they wouldn't touch?

Even Frank, the man who would watch all these movies beforehand to see if they're worth using, was disgusted with this film.
>>
>>14424468
What movie was it that they won't touch?
>>
>>14425090

Child Bride. Kevin Murphy brings it up in this interview. I forget which part it's in, but here's part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mSz5WCJeQY
>>
>>14424338
>Death Bed is totally devoid of anything even funny to make fun of. It is so, so bad.
So is Manos: The Hands of Fate, but they still did an episode on that. An episode that consisted mostly of them going, "So, uh...Manos...the, um....the hands of fate." to fill the impossible amount of empty screen time that they had to deal with.
>>
>>14425732
I checked, it's in like the last 2 minutes of part 2 that Child Bride gets mentioned.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.