[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Mazinger Z worth watching? Which version is the best to watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: MazingerZ-front.jpg (481 KB, 800x684) Image search: [Google]
MazingerZ-front.jpg
481 KB, 800x684
Is Mazinger Z worth watching? Which version is the best to watch?
>>
Watch Getter Robo instead
>>
File: Mazinger_Z_full.png (535 KB, 441x779) Image search: [Google]
Mazinger_Z_full.png
535 KB, 441x779
>>14419611
Fuck yes.
DVD rip subtitles for actual english, FUCKING SUBS for cursing, crabsticks for crabsticks.
>>
>>14419611
>Is Mazinger Z worth watching? Which version is the best to watch?

Mazinger Z No unless you're a 5 year old kid with rose tinted glasses; Great Mazinger on the other hand absolutely yes. It improves drastically over Mazinger Z.
>>
>>14419611
Definitely. It's a very enjoyable, solid romp with some great moments and as someone who enjoys giant robots with people in them you should watch where it all began (on television, at least).

On a side note, it's quite funny watching Mazinger Z and seeing more combined arms and concerns about energy/ammunition consumption, pilot training and so on from this show than I've seen in many others.
>>
>>14419707
>one option for the first show is crabsticks and the other is mostly good fansubs followed by guesslations
Seems to be a pretty equivalent experience, though.
>>
>>14419611
Be prepared for a lot of stupid shit happening, but it's all part of the fun

However, I do think it takes a longass time to hit its stride. The Jet Scrander's introduction in episode 34 is where the show really starts to have a lot more recurring elements and continuity pop up, and that's what separates Mazinger Z from the other 70s MotW shows. Before that, it's just kind of okay. Though some of the early episodes were pretty hilarious, like the one with the girl in the wheelchair
>>
>>14419840
I honestly don't get why everyone is on and on about Great anime.
Found it very mediocre with occasional interesting episodes.
Kouji > Tetsuya and no villain in Great was half as good as Ashura or Broken.

Grendizer is still the best, though...
>>
>>14421741
>Grendizer
I bet you love Steel Jeeg, too.
>>
>>14419611
Know this:
The bad guys are the true stars of the show.
Kouji Kabuto is a cool character, so is Boss Borot and even Sayaka, but the villains steal the show. Your enjoyment of the show will be measure on how much you are fascinated by Dr. Hell and his minions.
>>
>>14421741
>>14421866
Nah. Asura and Brocken are cool, but neither of them made the show for me. Hell, I actually like Archduke Gorgon more than them.

Either way, no one in the show was particularly entertaining other than Boss, and occasionally Kouji and Sayaka when they went overboard bitching at each other. For me, the charm in show was more in seeing how all the dumb plans the villains came up with played out
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.