[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hate her and I don't know why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3
I hate her and I don't know why.
>>
Hoho, if you hate her now, just wait until the next episodes.
>>
>>14413777
>He's only on the third episode.

Hold on to your butt, OP, because she just gets worse.
>>
>Loran?
>I thought I heard a boy's name
>but all I can see is a gril.
>>
Honestly that's a normal reaction at first. Later it'll just morph into pure pity, because Poe is just too damn pathetic to be worth hating.
>>
>>14413777
>those eyebrows
>>
>>14413842
I mean eyelashes, fuck.
>>
>>14413777
>hating a character
>on the third episode

Mentally deficient people like yourself ought to be lined up against a wall and fucking shot.
>>
>>14413819
>Poe is just too damn pathetic to be worth hating.
Cancer and Muron, on the other hand...
>>
>>14413856
Mentally deficient people like Poe ought to be lined up against a wall and fucking shot.
>>
>>14413819
Poe is Moe, she is always on the verge of a mental breakdown.
At least the universe took pity and put Harry to look after her.
>>
>>14413777
Wasn't she single handedly responsible for starting the conflict between Dianna Counter and the Earth militia? WWI-era attack planes were attacking her WaDOM, useless machinegun rounds harmlessly bouncing off its armor - and she decided to escalate with a fucking huge-ass beam cannon.

I forgot if it was the same blast that also killed Sochie's father (and a lot of other civilians) but probably yes.
>>
>>14413927
Yes, she shot beams until Turn A shot back, then she rained missiles.

To be fair, Earthnoids shot first.
>>
>>14413941
They shot first, but they used weapons that couldn't harm any of the DC mobile suits.

It's not that Dianna Counter came there to start a war, they wanted to talk. A proper response would be to deescalate, not ignite the situation. But Poe being Poe, she lost her cool immediately.
>>
>>14413960
And Poe's actions made negotiations impossible, militia people lost families because of her.
>>
>>14413777
Because you will never change her sweaty undergarments,that's why.
>>
>>14413960
>>14413974
>That time she burned Nocis to the ground after telling her squad mates to not use their beam cannons.
Phil must have a fetish for useless women.
>>
>>14413819
>Poe is just too damn pathetic
Jerid with a vagina and no girlfriends to kill.
>>
>>14413974

She made them more difficult, not impossible. We know this, because they happened several times during the show regardless of her. And even if she hadn't attacked most people would be unlikely to accept the Dianna Counter taking the Sunbelt anyways.
>>
>>14413777

> Posting a smiling, happy, even cute image of a character in a thread about hating them.

I'm getting a strange feeling at this concept. It makes the image more endearing and I don't know I why.
>>
>>14413777
It's because you have shit taste.
>>
>>14415041
She's still directly responsible for slaughtering a lot of people and if she was in a real military she'd probably be facing serious legal issues for violating rules of engagement and wantonly killing a bunch of people with her armored unit. She's a sweet faced war criminal. Maybe she even is kind of a pitiful person besides, but she's still a war criminal.

A cute face and the psychological failings that are probably responsible for her being such a fuck up don't change that. She would be subject to a long period of imprisonment and a dishonorable discharge for the kind of shit she pulled potentially.

You don't just lose your shit and start shooting everything with such a grossly destructive machine.

Especially when the intention of your superiors was to TALK and you were just there asserting things.
>>
>>14413777
Does anyone recall if she survives at the end?
>>
>>14415170

She does. Very few people die in Turn A Gundam, compared to Tomino's other Gundam works. I can only recall 7 at most, that's including the final villain.

>>14415161

This is very true. It's somewhat easy to forget all this since the show's so laid back, but Poe did instigate some major issues due to firing that one beam.

It just so happened that the Moon Race's military command was corrupt and they let her off with a slap on the wrist because her shenanigans conveniently played in to what they actually wanted to do. They tried to have the Queen assassinated and blame it on the Earth folk almost as soon as she touched ground.
>>
>>14415161
Wasn't Poe going to be imprisoned but Phil decided to give her a chance to redeem herself since they can't waste what military staff they had? That and Phil was just thinking with his dick
>>
>>14415170
Doesn't she end up being Sid's new assistant?
>>
File: 1381257596828.jpg (48 KB, 171x226) Image search: [Google]
1381257596828.jpg
48 KB, 171x226
>>14415259
>Recalling all the named characters who have died
>Teteth
>Remember the end when her mother gets out of cryostatis and asks for her
>>
>>14415266

As far as I recall yea. Dianna Counter was also a militia rather than a real military, so the training and standards of conduct probably aren't as high.

Militia personnel probably wouldn't be held as war criminals for firing on other militia personnel when fired upon. Not even if their weapons are much more powerful, because panic under fire is pretty understandable. Especially during first battle for that person.

She's still shitty, but I think it's understandable personally.
>>
>>14415308
Sure, but even the lowliest militia would have at least given her some kind of reprimand. Give her a loss in rank at least. Give her a different suit. I'm sure one of Dianna's first orders during their arrival would be "don't shoot at the earth cavemen with their ineffectual lead bullets with your giant laser beams. We're trying to establish peace not a goddamn war you stupid cunt."
>>
>>14415334

Oh I'm not denying that she deserved punishment, or that she was a shitty person. Just that her reaction is understandable. And that violence of some kind would probably have happened regardless of her actions.
>>
>>14415041
The Duke of Erizona's family as killed in one of those very attacks, and at the very first negotiation he brought a fucking crossbow and shot the head of the Dianna Counter's military as he was sitting at the table.

Negotiations were still attempted afterward, but they became borderline impossible because of that first impression.
>>
>>14415703

And yet they continued even with that example. Which is my point. Despite all the hard feelings they attempted them repeatedly. And that with Dianna Counter turning up and asking for land, people were unlikely to take it all that well regardless. Even without Poe you'd still have guys like Yani and Michael who think they can show up the Moonrace and make for a better bargaining position by beating them or taking some of their stuff for their own.
>>
>>14415703
Wasn't the attack at the party done by DC members dressed as Militia? Either way, Agrippa fucked it all up.

>Wanting to prevent conflict/fighting instinct of the Moonrace by sending convicts/soldiers/assassins to Earth
>Incites conflict between both parties, prompting Earth and moonrace to come to the Moon
>Also having Gym of all people involved
>>
>get to the episode with the nuclear bombs
Why is guvane so retarded? He even wants to marry Sochi. Terrible choice.
>>
>>14415815
>Hating the one tsun that was done right
>>
>>14415259
>I can only recall 7 at most, that's including the final villain.

Let's see

Gym
Will Game
Goonie
Kihel and Sochie's dad
Corin
The dude who got Sumo slapped

all I can think of
>>
>>14415852
Cancer and Muron?
>>
>>14415852
>>14415869
Teteth too
>>
>>14415877
And the fatass in the Mahiroo.
>>
>>14415869

Cancer and Muron where left ambiguously floating in space. You could argue either way.

>>14415877

Oh right, forgot about her.

>>14415892

him too. can't remember how though. I imagine Harry got him.
>>
>>14415906

Loran kills a guy in a Zssa using the Turn-A's core fighter too, though he doesn't even have a name. I think he kills another pilot at some point earlier than that too, though again, he's unnamed.
>>
>>14415906
>You could argue either way.
I like to think they died alowly and painfully.

>I imagine Harry got him.
Actually, he was killed by Gym (or was it Merrybell?) for getting in the middle of his battle with the Turn A.
>>
>>14415906

> Cancer and Muron where left ambiguously floating in space. You could argue either way.

If this was a Marvel or DC work, then that would be reasonable.

But this is a work by the guy who directed Ideon, let's not get any false hopes.
>>
>>14415977

yeah but this is also the guy who would go on to do King Gainer, where even guys who seemed to die early one ended up being okay in the ending epilogue somehow
>>
I disliked her at the start of the show as well, but as it went on it kinda turned into this weird underdog-pity feeling. I dunno, she's just an awkward character to watch interact with the rest of the cast.
>>
>>14416634

it's like a puppy who made a mess of the toilet paper role
>>
>>14415906
I dunno. It's kind of notable that Cancer and Muron aren't shown in the epilogue montage when all the surviving characters are (even the other hippies are shown arriving on the Moon).
>>
>>14415815
He was Tomino's example of a military man who thinks of weapons as toys.
>>
>>14415973

It was Gym that killed the fat guy

>>14415852

Agrippa was shot by Lily as well during the Moon arc
>>
Poe is moe. Anything can be excused if you're cute enough.
>>
Going along with the pity-hate, I couldn't help but smile when she was in tears when Dianna returned near the end of the series.
>>
>>14420299

Sweatson Sutero. Yea, Gym killed him for trying to butt in to his fight, since Sutero wanted to destroy the Turn-A when Joseph appeared using it in the second to last episode. Joseph would probably have killed him even if Gym didn't though. He wasn't a great pilot, but Gym's forces had improved the Turn-A's controls, equipped it with a strong as fuck beam cannon and so on during their time with it and he was more bloodthirsty than Loran, while using a machine much better than Sutero's own Mahiroo - much as I like it in appearance. Even Sochie in her Kapool managed to one up him at one point.
>>
But would you Miashei or Merrybell?
>>
>>14421510

Miashei? I guess. She'd be fun even if I don't think her design is all that attractive. Merrybell is nuts though, as well as completely unattractive in design. She's also about 12 or something probably.
>>
>>14413777
>he can't play Hi10p
AHAHAHAFDfalsdkgsdfmvclksa

Haha
>>
>You will never give Poe a hug.
>>
>>14414993
Jerid for all his fuck ups at least is able to get some shit done when he's not up against plot armor. Poe was just a pile of failure throughout the entire series and it is surprising she didn't get put on ice. It really does come to a climax when one of the episodes is has 'Crybaby Poe' in the title.

As for people saying Poe is the reason why negotiations went to hell between Dianna Counter and the Earth, they already started in a horrible position when the Dianna Counter chief negotiator got a crossbolt to the head at the start. If anything Poe's little rampage probably gave Dianna Counter's a better hand since while the local Earth population was pissed, the higher ups now knew what sort of power the Dianna Counter forces possessed and their military might wasn't a farce like it more than likely would have been suggested.
>>
>>14420209
Raraiya should have fixed him.
>>
>>14413927
The theme of Turn A was that people were too stupid to know how powerful their weapons are. Hence the ignorance about the deadly earth ruining nature of the nukes, even from the Moonrace.
>>
>>14415815
Being close to death makes you want to fuck and get married so they got rushed up their emotions and wanted to marry eachother.
>>
>>14416450
For that one, the guy polled popular enough not to be killed and get a loli as a reward instead.
>>
>>14422694
>they already started in a horrible position when the Dianna Counter chief negotiator got a crossbolt to the head at the start

That happened after Poe's little rampage, and as a direct result of it because the crossbow guy was trying to get revenge for his family killed in the attack.
>>
>>14413777
She looks prettier here than usual.
>>
>>14426780
It's the smile.
>>
>>14413777
She ended up with an old man.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.