[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what would happen after Axis falls on earth? Char becomes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8
File: axis.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
axis.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
So what would happen after Axis falls on earth?

Char becomes the king of the universe? The EFF just gives up ? Amuro becomes Chars bitch?
>>
Earthnoids become refugees.

Spacenoids lead by Char rule the Earthsphere.

Jovians show up later and fight Zeon.
>>
Judau returns and stomps his shit.
>>
>>14410991
If Axis had fallen:

I'd imagine most of the remaining humans of earth would be instantly wiped out. Any that survived would immediately attempt to leave the planet.

As we see in the beginning of CCA, a good chunk of key Federation officials already left earth when char dropped 5th luna.

REALLY good chance that the remaining leadership would have marshaled the remaining Federation forces into hunting down Char and the rest of his rebellion.
>>
>>14411043
>kamille recovers
>Judau comes back from Jupiter
>Z and ZZ gundams are upgraded and fitted with psycoframes
>surplus of newtype bullshit
You better believe I would watch this. Especially if the conclusion involved some dramatic combat between Char and Kamille where the latter slams his mentor about muh ideals.
>>
>>14410991

I doubt Char would have stuck around even if he'd lived and won. Several of his lines in the film make him come off as someone who never intended to be there in the aftermath, liking asking the people of Sweetwater to carry on his mission after Axis drops or something along those lines. And given that dropping Axis and having people forced in to space seems to be the totality of his plan I suppose it's not surprising he would leave since he'd already have what he wanted and could stop feeling like a clown by playing a politician and move on to another persona and another life to try and find happiness some other way while continuing to push off his real issues.
>>
>>14411096
He recovered back in ZZ though, he just never really tried piloting again afaik.
>>
File: letter from Kai about Char.png (1 MB, 1248x1062) Image search: [Google]
letter from Kai about Char.png
1 MB, 1248x1062
>>14410991
char would get his shit pushed in by all the newtypes
>>
>>14411115
Yeah, I'm going to disagree there. Running around and being more normal =/= being normal. If you think otherwise, I got one word for you: Chuchumy.

>>14411096
Judau & his crew with Kamille would make for an interesting dynamic as well. Kamille has such a stick up his ass while Judau gives no fucks; I can imagine Kamille spending the whole time Bright-ing Judau, Beecha, and Mondo.
>>
>>14410991
Amuro still kills his ass, but has to deal with the fact that earth is dead.
>>
>>14410991
Earth survived Sydney and Dublin. How bad could dropping Axis possibly be?
>>
>>14411500
Colonies are mostly empty, so the impact isn't nearly as big.
>>
File: 1459301273495.png (501 KB, 456x1146) Image search: [Google]
1459301273495.png
501 KB, 456x1146
>>14411500
>>
>>14411500
Char himself said the impact would cause a nuclear winter
>>
>>14411500
>ground impact

Climate altered for the next few decades. if not the century, seismic and volcanic events worldwide, severe crop damage

>water impact

End of human civilization

Again
>>
>>14411500

3 Juno which is what Luna II was supposed to be before it was mined out is a good 200ish km across . Axis would probably be quite a bit smaller, but should still be much larger than an O'niel cylinder.
>>
>>14411500
Axis had a nuclear reactor and lots of nuclear missiles stored aboard to irradiate the planet. That is before Amuro found them and blew them up.
>>
CCA is entirely Judau's fault. Bright was going to high mega canon Axis out of existence early in ZZ before they even went to Earth but Judau was like "what about the civvies aren't we the good guys???" which causes Bright to hesitate. God dammit Judau.

Also the OPs of ZZ showing people evolving from cavemen? Nah. UC people were still cavemen, Char especially. His grand plan was to take a big rock and hit people with it. Genius. Mankind truly had come a long way from fighting each other with sticks and sto... or maybe not.
>>
>>14412038
Why cant i stop laughing
>>
>>14412038
Didn't Bright blast Axis with Gryps 2 in Zeta?
>>
>>14410991
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQ2qD4t620
This happens.
>>
In the Gihren Greed games, if you succeed as Char, most of the colonies rally behind him and refuse help to the EFF. You then just hunt down remnants around the one Side that sticks with the EFF and have a final showdown with Amuro.
>>
>>14410991
Earth's biosphere would be permanently and irreparably fucked. Biodiversity would go down the fucking drain and the Permian extinction event would look like a weekend hunting trip. If any humans could possibly survive, it's unlikely that they would have any way of getting to the colonies. Even cockroaches would have a difficult time surviving.
>>
>>14412460
Char sure has come a long way from his Pops ideal of earth being a nature preserve.
>>
>>14412463
it's okay, it'll become a new nature preserve in a couple hundred thousand years
>>
>>14412463
Humanity has polluted the Earth long enough so the only logical thing to do is completely wreck it.
>>
>>14412463
The best way to let the Earth heal is obviously to destroy everything about its identity and uniqueness and render it just another barren and lifeless rock.

But don't worry about the Earth anon. After the inevitable mass conflicts caused by overcrowding in the colonies, hate between the refugees from earth and spacenoids, witch hunt for Zeon, and power grab, the surviving humans may become special psychic people because evolution works in one direction and thats obviously the next step.

And has history in UC has shown, the psychic people are peaceful and benevolent.
>>
>>14412038
Top fucking kek
>>
>>14410991
Impact Winter, Spacnoids all laugh
>>
>>14412508
>And has history in UC has shown, the psychic people are peaceful and benevolent.

For the MOST part they seem to be, desu.

Nobody will deny that Char went batshit insane, tap dancing all the way into the la la la land, Scirocco was a textbook case of a high functioning sociopath, and you could also make a convincing case for Haman being clinically insane, as well.
>>
>>14412597
Those who believe themselves to be Newtypes tend to be nuts. Those who believe themselves to be ordinary people with psychic powers tend to turn out alright.
>>
>>14410991
EFSF gets split between different talentless generals. The colonies start to riot and join Char's Neo Zeon.
Char marries Nanai and becomes caretaker for Quess.
The rest of war is fighting against poorly-organised EF remnants and establishing the new united space state.
Scientists keep studying the schoolchildren in order to find more newtypes.
After Char finishes his reforms, he leaves his dictator chair and goes away to live his pension away.
>>
>>14412637
>Jupiter Empire kills everyone left in the Earth sphere in a surprise attack
FTFY
>>
>>14412637
And what would happen to Amuro and Kamille? Become leaders of an underground resistance movement dedicated to toppling Neo Zeon?
>>
>>14412637
Nice fanfic, Nanai.
>>
>>14412668
Only Amuro. If he survives, of course.
>>14412685
Nah, she won't like the idea of living under one roof with Quess
>>
>>14412637
Complete clusterfuck, Char is hunted down by EFSF and Neo Zeon alike.
95% of zeeks aren't omnicidal baby eaters, as evidenced by the fact that when the chips were down and Chars plan was about to become reality - hundreds of them were throwing their lives away, trying to stop the rock.

Eventually Char would be hunted down Saddam style and sent to some Guantanamo to be abused and anally ravaged, daily - by vengeful guards, earthnoid and spacenoid alike. Eventually he dies due to an accident while being "corrected"

On a grander side of things - the splash and magnitude of the atrocity, could concievably shock mankind into uniting, as they collectively lick their wounds - for a couple decades at least.
>>
>>14412855
>hundreds
>three geara dogas
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (254 KB, 1000x726) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
254 KB, 1000x726
>>14412706
what about jewdog assdoag?
>>
File: char fist slamming.gif (493 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
char fist slamming.gif
493 KB, 500x375
>>14412038
>Also the OPs of ZZ showing people evolving from cavemen? Nah. UC people were still cavemen, Char especially. His grand plan was to take a big rock and hit people with it. Genius. Mankind truly had come a long way from fighting each other with sticks and sto... or maybe not.

ME AM PLAY GOD!
>>
>>14412855
>95% of zeeks aren't omnicidal baby eaters, as evidenced by the fact that when the chips were down and Chars plan was about to become reality - hundreds of them were throwing their lives away, trying to stop the rock.

You missed the entire point so fucking badly god dammit.
>>
>>14411353

Amuro is saying he wish he had the lifestyle of Kai because he was living under protection as a potentially dangerous newtype by the EF and Titans.
>>
>>14412870

Don't forget that while those three Geara Doga pilots were assisting, there were several ships watching it happen with no indication they had changed their minds, including Nanai only being upset Char was slipping away, not that Axis was falling.
>>
>>14413592
kai sent that letter.
>>
>>14410991

Why would Char be alive if the efforts to divert the thing failed?
>>
>>14412486
Not really in it's current state it would only take a little more than 100 years to go back to it's prime, earth has a very fast and good "healing factor" as long as you don't use nuclear weapons on her.
>>
>>14414148
Sorry to break it to you, but an impactor 20 miles in diameter, would have more omphhh than all our nukes put together.

Ever heard of Extinction Level Events? Axis had the potential to be the greatest one yet.
>>
>>14414205

If it was travelling at the kind of speed impactors do after unimpeded acceleration through space for eons it would. Luna II would have too.

As is though it doesn't have that kind of speed and can't get it. Char had attached nuclear engines to it to try and attain a fraction of that speed and to increase the damage. If it had hit though it might kill lots of humans off, but it's not going to have nearly the impact of the K-T impactor despite being at least the same size and probably bigger.
>>
>>14412855
>Hundreds

Char didn't even have 100 pilots iirc. Much les "hundreds".
>>
>>14410991

Char dies either way, Amuro was gonna kill his ass whether he could stop the rock or not.

Afterwards the EFF, most of which were in space anyway and thus fine, mops up the rest of Neo Zeon with their superior numbers, especially since all Zeon's aces are dead, and then start to oppress the colonies more because they hate them for ruining their planet.

Either nothing changes or things get worse for the colonies.
>>
>>14414322
He had around 80, Londo Bell had like 2 or 3 dozen. It was a tiny "war"
>>
>>14412606
I think he meant that they were simply insane people, with them being newtypes or not being completely irrelevant, they happened to be newtypes, but would be just as crazy oldtypes otherwise...

It's shows Char's delusion in plain day - they're just people with an additional sense, how they use it is completely up to them. Making everybody into NT won't bring about peace, it'll just mean that it'll be a bunch of telepaths instead, doing all the same shit, waging war and stuff.
>>
CCA was fucking garbage.
>>
>>14415092
>>14410991
>have Sazabi's escape pod in hands
>not lighting it up with vulcan fire
>not saving the day
>not successfully pushing Axis away with Nu Gundam alone
>not returning to bang that sweet Sayla snatch

One fucking job, Amuro.
>>
>>14415092
>zeon makes things worse for spacenoids
business as usual then
>>
>>14412855
>95% of zeeks aren't omnicidal baby eaters, as evidenced by the fact that when the chips were down and Chars plan was about to become reality

Huh, I'm sure they were all wondering why the fuck Char was pointing a massive rock at the earth and subsequently trying to fire off the nuclear engines.

Guess they better defend the engines and falling Axis against the Fed scum just because, right?

..every fucking Zeon in that battle was a damn idiot. Last minute change of heart? What a cringy way to try and redeem CCA's Zeeks.
>>
>>14420858
Maybe the retards though it was a bluff or something equally idiotic, dunnolol; And once they actually realized that they're assisting in causing a man-made extinction event and exterminating 95% of the biosphere, they balked and decided "too fucking far".

Either taht or the grunts didn't receive the full picture about the scale of the devastation.

One way or the other - while definitely asspulley, i wouldn't call Zeekwanking.
>>
>hey do you guys think Char's gonna smash this thing into Earth?
>nah, little girls love shooting stars, this is probably just some scheme for him to get laid
>oh okay makes sense
>>
>>14420983

My personal interpretation of that part of the ending is that the remaining Zeon pilots saw that the Federation pilots were willing to die for a cause, to try and save Earth and recognized that dedication to an ideal, something they'd long been told and thought that Federation personnel lacked. Seeing that idealism and how dedicated they were to it acted as a commonality and they decided to help, not because they too wanted to save Earth all along, but because they wanted to help fellow humans achieve something worth dying for.

I've seen people say Amuro or Char used newtype powers to brainwash everyone in to helping him, Federation pilots included though. It seems to run completely against the grain of the ending by saying that it was Amuro alone that really did and that the people had no choice but were just following orders to do it, as well as run counter to what's shown on screen given none of them act like they're doing something against their will/wishes and people in the area show no desire to do the same, but it appears to work for some people, so whatever I guess.
>>
>>14411096

Throw in a Darth Amuro and you have my vote.
>>
>>14410991
Then you get the originally planned ZZ ending where everybody is forced to leave Earth and move to Mars. That would have been an interesting move, especially if we saw F91 set on Mars (not that its location particularly matters it could be anywhere).
>>
>>14421118
>Darth Amuro
>Evil Amuro Ray that went nuts after he failed to save Earth decided to rule over all mankind with an ironfist to make sure the Axis drop and Zeon menace never happen again.

Damn Tomino make it happen
>>
File: 34862sad.png (269 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
34862sad.png
269 KB, 500x496
>>14411096
already better anything post F91
>>
>>14421492
It doesn't take much, Anon...
>>
>>14411353
You know, the most hilarious thing I find about that letter to this day, isn't the "he is a CHAR" part. It's that the two of them never actually met face-to-face like the letter says.
>>
>>14420983
At what point during the mission brief don't you realize
>they're assisting in causing a man-made extinction event and exterminating 95% of the biosphere
when your whole purpose is to guard and ensure the massive falling rock hits the earth?

From 0078 till 0093, Zeon has been pointing massive shit at the Earth and letting them drop. Did any zeek honestly think the end-result/purpose of sortie would be any different?

I just don't get it.
>>
>>14420858
>>14420983
>>14422227

You guys know you are basically talking about 3 Gaera Doga pilots. They were probably just "following orders" until they saw the Feddies pilot trying to push the rock away from Earth and say fuck it.
>>
>>14421492
Victory is great, screw off.
>>
>>14422227

Surprise: People aren't 100% logical or rational at every single given moment of every single given day. Especially when they're fanatically dedicated to a cause and all riled up on pretty rhetoric.
>>
>>14412170
In the canon timeline, Axis was already abandoned by Haman's forces by the time the AEUG took over Gryps II, so it wouldn't have been a viable target at the time. As for why they didn't blast it in the TV timeline, that's actually a good question.

>>14410991
It really depends on what other variables you include OP. Like are you talking about Amuro newtype hax T power doesn't push back Axis only (Meaning Char dies because his escape pod is shoved into Axis at that moment.), or Char gets a flawless victory over Amuro and London Bell Bexit Bootlickers so he and his fleet are still around for the aftermath?
>>
>>14422516

Not him, but that isn't a 100% proof defense against everything. While their decisions might not make sense to everyone, they do have to have some sense of internal logic.

Zeon having a history of dropping large objects on the planet and Char putting together a plan that hinges on with at least a few days of planning, including dropping another large object as part of the wind up should allow anyone with doubts plenty of time and proof to mull them over or come to a decision. So just going "they changed their minds because they're not machines" isn't really any kind of defense.

I laid my own opinion out a few posts up at >>14421114, but that includes a line of logic for them that makes sense to me. There are other possible reasons they might have changed their mind I'm sure, but they'd all have some kind of internal logic, even if it isn't a 100% rational decision.
>>
>>14422624

Zeon also has a history of being totally retarded. Mooks generally don't mull things over, so they don't often have a change of heart until something big is dickslapping them in the face. Not unless the narrative explicitly states ahead of time that there was some discontent with Char's plan among the rank and file.

It's not a very good defense I'm giving, I'll give you that much, but it's still something. We all know Tomino isn't the greatest of writers.
>>
IMO, it was a combination of these two things:
>>14420983
>>14421114
Heel realization and some weird camaraderie developing.
>>
>>14422624
What you wrote makes sense I guess, but as you say it's not a 100% rational thing.
Grunts don't usually think things trough. You know
>flawindemocracy.jpg
etc.
Which is also sort of the point that Tomino is trying to make. That people in general don't really dive a fuck about things that don't personally engage their attention. They go by the way of least resistance.
Everyone is like that. There is nothing wrong with it. It's just natural.
That's why Tomino as a writer is trying to bring this sort of important matters to our attention.
He always says that his shows are for children.
>>
>>14414205

There's a big energy difference between de-orbiting a big rock, and having the earth just kind of happen upon one going about it's own, very different orbit of the sun and bumping into it at like 20km/s
>>
>>14420830
His psycoframe would have been too weak without Char. It was only because the two of them became newtype pixie dust that Axis was pulled away.
>>
>>14422624
Your initial assumption is pretty massive-- given the swell of support that the populace had behind Char (they even sung a song about/for him!) they know what its like to be passionate/die for a cause. Their cause in their eyes is stronger than the Feds-- why would they ever want to revoke those ideals?

Its a hamfisted ending to promote PEACE AND UNDERSTANDING WAR IS BAD
>>
>>14423669

My initial assumption was never that they don't know what it's like to be passionate or die for a cause, but they thought due to propoganda and such that no Federation pilots did. Until they saw Federation pilots doing exactly that by making a futile gesture that would almost certainly cost them their lives, and that they sympathized with that idealism because it's what Zeon is always portrayed to have (idealism in an almost futile cause that'll probably kill them), so they joined them because of that commonality.
>>
>>14423709
>...and that they sympathized with that idealism
That is your assumption. And it is indeed massive.

You don't join the enemy and actively sabotage the mission that cost X number of your allied troops just because you admire the enemy's "idealism;" especially once your checkmate move has been dealt successfully. Its an unbelievable and unrealistic assumption and makes the asspull that more obvious.
>>
>>14424050

Considering that the ending is, as you say, hokey and meant to evoke peace and understanding, I think you do. That aside, what's your assumption about why they do it?
>>
>>14416265
Yeah this never really worked for me. Why Char thought everyone becoming Newtypes would magically make everything better is beyond me. He had directly fought against Haman and Scirroco, and the most intimate relationship he ever had with another Newtype ended horribly. And that was with yet another newtype involved.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.