[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to watch the origination Getter Robo before Armageddon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: getter3.jpg (63 KB, 350x499) Image search: [Google]
getter3.jpg
63 KB, 350x499
Do I need to watch the origination Getter Robo before Armageddon?
>>
>origination
How did that happen, I meant original.
>>
No.
>>
>>14406417
Not really though a basic familiarity with the franchise or the manga will definitely help. Armageddon doesn't borrow much from Toei Getter but there's some stuff in there. It was the first Getter related thing I ever watched and I was completely lost during the first three episodes. Watching it again after I read the manga filled in a lot of gaps, but it's basically a weird alternative universe amalgamation of a lot of concepts in the manga and Ishikawa's work in general.
>>
No.

Reading the first arc of the manga will probably help though. I mean it has no real bearing on Armageddon's story, but it lets you know who those characters were.
>>
Go grab the manga if you want

http://getterrobo.blogspot.ca/
>>
>>14406403
No, since there's no continuity between Toei Robo and Armageddon.

I'd recommend the manga, but you don't NEED to read it.
>>
File: thinking.png (119 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
119 KB, 320x240
Mad science man makes robot that's powered by weird space rays that only mad science man and a few others understand. In order to use his robot to its full potential he needs 3 bad ass mother fuckers who are almost super human to pilot it. Getter1 can fly and shoot stuff with lasers, Getter2 is fast and has a drill, Getter is tough and can fling stuff in the air. They fight some dinosaur people and some demons. They get a upgraded version of Getter eventually called Getter Robo G that doesn't look quite as cool for some reason, but is stronger. That's basically all you need to know. Now go watch Armageddon.
>>
>>14406808
Yeah, this is literally all you need.

Dispite what >>14406482 said there is nothing to these characters beyond what you're gonna see on screen anyway so there's no need to 'prepare' by reading anything.
>>
>>14406403

If you want to suffer before watching a decent enough OVA.
>>
File: shin2.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shin2.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>14406403
Nope. Armageddon was the first Getter series I saw, even before I read the manga. I only had a basic knowledge of the characters, but I loved it, and it's still one of my favorite anime.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.