[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Victory Gundam any good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: 1325760286459.jpg (2 MB, 5000x3193) Image search: [Google]
1325760286459.jpg
2 MB, 5000x3193
Is Victory Gundam any good?
>>
Yes I liked it more than ZZ, and I like every Tomino gundam.
>>
People who like Victory tend to say yes to these three questions.

1. Do you like the idea of genocidal space feminists being the bad guys?

2. Do you like the idea of a mass-murdering 13 year-old being the protag?

3. Do you have a high tolerance for Tomino-isms and incredibly stupid brown girls?
>>
>>14402512
Also Victory has the best version of Haro. The voice is kind of weird but it makes so many cool or funny scenes compared to like 0079
>>
>>14402519
>1. Do you like the idea of genocidal space feminists secretly controlled by the JE-
>JOVIANS
>being the bad guys
>>
I liked it, other than the flashback start it has really strong fights early on, and the mid point is pretty tense. The finale isn't the greatest though.
>>
>>14402503

It's probably my favourite 90s Gundam

People overplay the death a lot (mostly because of the Shrike team, but that stabilizes once it's down to Junko, Connie, and Peggy) and all the "senseless" death kind of just serves to counterpoint the single most triumphant death scene in Tomino Gundam.

Also the good guys are literally suicide bombing terrorists who use children and pregnant women to squeak by they imperialist enemies, which is hilarious.
>>
>>14402519
>1. Do you like the idea of genocidal space feminists being the bad guys?

sounds like /pol/'s wet dream
>>
>>14402564
It is /pol/'s wet dream.

>muh empire built on empathy
>governed by a woman
>men caused all the wars
>men will now follow a woman and wage a war to end all wars
>message of motherly love
>>
>>14402503
Best of the UC
>>
File: latest[2].png (174 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest[2].png
174 KB, 640x480
>>14402577
>in the end the whole thing was an elaborate charade constructed by a warmonger from jupiter and backed by jupiter's stranglehold on the inner solar system's economy
>>
>>14402640
It was all going to shit because of internal factional disputes anyways.
>>
>>14402640
>The jews use the feminists as their puppets
>the feminists employ the dindus as "allies" to be their muscle
>the dindus find out they get nothing in the new world order
>feminism unravels once its task is complete
If you're going to /pol/, you ought to /pol/ as hard as a /m/an can /pol/ or else why even bother?

Seriously though, Victory really is a goldmine for anachronistic alt-right interpretations.
>>
File: brown.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
brown.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>14402656

Right? It's fucking great.

But in the end, like all great stories, it's a coming of age story, framed as a love story.

Between a boy, and his ever increasing killcount.
>>
What's the proper watch order for the first four episodes?
>>
>>14402662

Airing order is fine. Chronological is 2, 3, 4, 1, but the changes they made to it means Shakti's narration seems really dumb if you watch it in THAT order.
>>
>>14402650

How many factions do we have by the show's last arc, anyway? Because the finale is just one long clusterfuck of scheming aristocracy collapsing in on itself.

>Kagatie faction
>Cronicle/Katejina faction
>Tassilo/Fuala faction

And even a
>Pippiniden/Lupe faction, because Pippiniden felt left out and Lupe's crazy

And then there's
>revive the tradition of the middle ages, driving, faction

Aka best faction
>>
>>14402503
10/10 comedy
>>
>>14402790

It's actually pretty great for comedy

>Shakti smashing Karlmann's head on the top of the Victory's cockpit
>Lupe and Usso's everything
>Those two Feddies who look at Shakti, Usso, and Karlmann and made sad remarks about kids these days
>>
Best waifu = best series.
>>
>>14402519
>>14402564
Zanscare isn't feminist at all outside of having a powerless female head of state for propaganda purposes. Tassilo and Kagatie are both oldtype men who exploit newtype women to increase their power base. Same thing as Zeon using muh independence as an excuse for war when they were already independent and just want to replace the Earth Federation and all the exploitation it's responsible for with themselves.

Katejena's really the only female villain with "agency" in the series, and she's an emotionally stunted crazy person.
>>
>>14402660
Seriously. Uso is a murder machine.
>>
File: 064_docu0060.jpg (4 MB, 2464x3496) Image search: [Google]
064_docu0060.jpg
4 MB, 2464x3496
It says Best Selection right in your pic, doesn't it OP?

It's my favorite. It has the best choreography, best characters, best music, best comedy, great designs (especially mobile armors), a great journey, and lots of Tomino. I'll admit the antagonists aren't the strong point but I'd rather have a bit of a clusterfuck with BIKING and crazy MILFs than Zeon 4.0, and while most of the characters are great, Shakti and Karlmann detract from most of the scenes they're in. Shakti really shines in certain scenes where she's with Uso but most of the time it's annoying.

Also Titans might have great uniforms but niggas always forget about BESPA.
>>
It's my favorite Gundam series. You will probably hate it.
>>
>>14403043
Why would I hate it because it's your favorite?
>>
File: 1375932748668.gif (621 KB, 440x247) Image search: [Google]
1375932748668.gif
621 KB, 440x247
>>14402790
See, that picture captures why the V1 rubs me the wrong way.
It looks and moves like a toy. I get that Gundam is a giant toy commercial, and that Usso has the outside-the-box thinking that lets him mess around with a disposable gundam, but it feels flat compared to every other mech.

Besides that, Victory was so full of bad decisions that felt designed solely to piss me off. From a deadly lack of shading, to underpants Char, to Shakti tring to get kidnapped every chance she got, to the plot barely moving faster than Turn A. I'd sit through a dozen Moon Moon arcs before I stand up to the Victory again.
>>
>>14403288
>I'd sit through a dozen Moon Moon arcs
I honestly don't think the Moon Moon arc was that bad. The earlier shangri-la/mashymre-jobs-again episodes in ZZ were far worse.
>>
File: HAROOOOO.gif (360 KB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
HAROOOOO.gif
360 KB, 176x144
>>14403288
>hating on the Victory
Had to force myself to read the rest. Victory is a top-tier design.

And I hope you don't think that the lack of shading was a decision they wanted to make.
>>
File: nope.jpg (31 KB, 302x358) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
31 KB, 302x358
>>14402503
>>
>>14403322
>needs to combine outside of launch
>doesnt just assemble it and launch the completed ms
>top-tier design
Does not compute.
>>
>>14403352
As did basically all the other combiners, including the RX-78-2.
>>
>>14402503
Thoroughly enjoyed watching it as a teenager while it was showing real time, but don't think I'll be watching it again.
>>
>>14403372
Are you a jap? Didn't think it aired outside of the country.

how old are you exactly, by the way
>>
>>14402519
>1
They're not femenists, they're a cult built around a mother figure. I bet they have Char as a saint.
>2
Sure. Blood for the blood kid! Metal wreckages for the throne of metal wreckages!
>3
I suppose so. Even though I have a bigger boner for Renda or Marbet than Shakti.
>>
>>14403352
That was sort of justified in the early episodes because their caravan trucks could hold the individual Top/Bottom/Core, but couldn't carry the full combined. Later episodes they usually always just had it assembled.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.