[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if this shit actually goes down do we have any word on if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
So if this shit actually goes down do we have any word on if there will be any livestreams? Also considering it is June 2016 right now, do we have a date?
>>
>>14400661
No news on anything.
>>
>>14400661
Japan told the Americans to make it happen because they knew the American company was full of shit and had neither the drive nor resources to make it happen and they didn't want to foot the bill for a shitty non-company's publicity stunt.
Until the American company becomes anything real it will never happen.
>>
>>14400758
Isn't the American "mech" just a fucking forklift with fake arms and a couple of guns attached?
>>
>>14400804
to be fair the Kuratas isn't much more than a weird-looking golf cart with some airsoft guns strapped to it
>>
>>14400804
>>14400811
So could we enter with mazingolfer then.
>>
>>14400811
but that's wrong retard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKFh6ROG48A
>>
Megabot is a pile of shit. I want to see two Kuratases fight.
>>
>challenge a group with a robot that happens to be Japanese
>make a huge deal like it's some official international race
>btw our contestant is actually shit pls gibe us shekels #americafuckyeah #beatingjaps #epic
>never heard from again with the money
this is even more pathetic than I thought
>inb4 I am weaboo/eurofag/jap
>>
>>14401022

>Never heard from them again

They give regular updates, and have since they got the money.

It was only a month or two ago that they announced a company had accepted their commission for custom actuators, rather than the ones they'd been using for a purpose other than what they were intended. They say this will make Megabot faster with more stability.

Their last update on facebook about the custom 350HP track base they almost had ready came out two weeks ago.

Y'all realize this is really just 12 jerkoffs with a dream, right? And Kuratas was developed by a millionaire who already had his own company? It's going to take awhile to build a fuckin giant robot.

But everytime people don't get instant gratification for their Kickstarter donations they piss and moan about development hell or whatever. They build a functioning prototype before even PUT UP a kickstarter. No matter how not-a-mecha it was, that takes fucking dedication.
>>
>>14401064
>act like clowns
>get shit on
oh gee I wonder how that happened
>>
>>14401073
If you're talking about their dumbass "Big fuccin guns" "America fuck yea" attitude with the whole project, then yeah, theyre total clowns.

But first of all, their videos are made to generate publicity. Which they'll need a lot of for this to go ANYWHERE.

Second of all, I'd rather have giant robots build by dipshits with an overall terrible sense of humor than none at all. The point is that they're doing everything to make it happen.
>>
File: 1465207362560.jpg (77 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1465207362560.jpg
77 KB, 600x620
so, is there actually a "fight" date yet?
>>
>>14400840

If you put a fake robo head on it sure.
>>
>Mech battles become common
>Mechs become more advanced as time goes on
>Our future ends up being G Gundam
>>
>>14401296
'Sup OP
>>
File: 424218765.png (610 KB, 905x743) Image search: [Google]
424218765.png
610 KB, 905x743
>>14401572
I've not replied to this thread at all since I've made it, I've just been monitoring it while getting shit done. >>14401296 is an autist who didn't have anything to add
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.