[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of eldran?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
What do you guys think of eldran?
>>
Ahh yes, good old Not-Brave.
>>
I think subdivers is king for translating 27/47 episodes of Ganbaruger at a breakneck pace. Blu-ray rips for all 3 shows (and sub/dub rips of the english Raijin-Oh DVDs), and we're looking at archive worthy shit.
>>
>>14399903
Are the Eldran robots sentient like the Braves? The kids are dressed like they're pilots.
>>
>>14399946
They're the pilots of the mechs,
>>
>>14399956
But do the robots talk?
>>
>>14399959
no
>>
>>14399915
I really hope they get around to raijin oh, that's a show I've been meaning to watch for a WHILE.
>>
>>14399915
>Blu-ray rips for all 3 shows
Once Subdivers can manage to do actual full-series torrents first, since QC has to be completed first. That said, Nyaa does have BD rips for Raijin-Oh.
>(and sub/dub rips of the english Raijin-Oh DVDs)
I wonder if people are still concerned about keeping Anime Midstream afloat.

>>14399946
Basically, it's about giant robots handed down to them by not-Ultraman. Yes, the same guy does so for all the teams.
>>
>>14399987
Why would they? It's already officially licensed. Gosaurer is the only one left after they finish Ganbaruger.
>>
>>14400404
>I wonder if people are still concerned about keeping Anime Midstream afloat.

From their Facebook, Anime Midstream is at least apparently still alive working on unannounced projects.
>>
If I was 10 again, I'd go nuts over them. As is, they're definitely something I'd watch with my kids.
>>
>>14399903
Pretty weak 90s Super Robots. Most of the rest of the 90s Super stuff is better. Raijinoh is the best of the three and has a pretty solid charm despite being very formula with pretty poor animation and dull plots.

Ganbaruger tries to do some different stuff (more comedy focus, while mostly eliminating the school element) but Goldran is a better alternative on most fronts.

Gosaurer is mostly just Raijinoh but worse aside from a few brief moments focusing on the main character starting puberty that actually show some interesting character development potential you wouldn't expect to see in a show like this. Obviously this was never going to fly as the main focus in a kids toy show so it gets little development. Also Engine Oh does have a pretty great final episode near the end of the 30s. The show would have been better if that had been the ending. He manages to have more pathos than any of the kids. Honestly none of the three are really "bad", but there's also no lack of much stronger option in terms of 90s Super Robots. Most of the Braves, 90s Tetsujin (at least the first half), Yamato Takeru, Wataru season 3, and even Hepoi.

At least all three shows have fantastic soundtracks. It's totally worth it to go find those.
>>
>>14401238
>and even Hepoi.
Seeing this mentioned on occasion makes me wonder if it's a lost gem among fantasy mech anime (while the first Lamune and the 40 Fire manga get more attention, despite lacking translations). That being said, you forgot about Iron Leaguer.

Also, how's Musashi Road?
>>
Been meaning to watch them, since I like Brave shit.
>>
>>14400430
look up the prices for the raijin oh dvds anon
>>
>>14399903
Only seen Ganbaruger since Subdivers is doing it, but it's pretty ok at least.

>>14401264
>That being said, you forgot about Iron Leaguer.

Iron Leaguer's pretty different from pretty much all of those shows. It's not "standard" SR at all.

But yeah it's a good show.
>>
>>14401743
Well, that is true, since sports drama is its own beast (even if being a robot justifies crazy techniques, for once).
>>
>>14401748
>even if being a robot justifies crazy techniques, for once

Even then it doesn't justify some of the more insane shit. But that's allowable because it's fucking awesome.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (28 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
28 KB, 500x447
In the interests of eldran completeness, there was a one-shot 4th title that even managed to get a toy-figure out. I've only seen the OP credits on the TV special but know it features guest-appearances by Raijin Oh, Go Saurer, and Ganbaruger. The special was entitled: Daitei Oh.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (290 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
290 KB, 1600x1200
>>
>>14403014
>>14403018
Pretty much everyone who knows about the Eldorans knows about Daiteioh, it managed to apparently get a fairly complete manga at least.

Also it was in SRW twice.
>>
>>14403235
>it managed to apparently get a fairly complete manga at least
With said manga being almost as hard to find as Bigfoot, sadly enough.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.