[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1466825618735.jpg (96 KB, 545x616) Image search: [Google]
1466825618735.jpg
96 KB, 545x616
Apologize.
>>
>>14399243
Still better than nothing
>>
I still don't see what's wrong with this game. People paid money for a new Mega Man and got a comparable experience.
>>
>>14399243
He looks like someone broke his jaw.
>>
>>14399352
>I still don't see what's wrong with this game.
Everything.
>>
>>14399352
>"It's better than nothing."
>>
>>14399243
I don't think Inafune browses /m/, so I don't know how you're going to get him to apologize
>>
What a fucking shit game. It can't hold anything to any Mega Man game. It fits right in the later realy shitty X series.

The game is a technical mess. I don't think it's 60fps on consoles, more like 30fps I hear. And it has random frame drops and stuttering. My PC can run MGSV fine, but has trouble with this game. It freezes the WiiU version. The release was a mess with them giving out the wrong codes to most people.
>>
Is MN9 the biggest disaster in gaming history?

>4 million dollars
>Delayed 3 times
>Features cut until the game is as barebones as NES Megaman games
>Game is insanely resource-intensive
>PC VERSION HAS NO SAVE FILES
>Wii U version at least crashes your console, possibly bricks it
>Four hour long credit sequence
>Backers who had the Ray DLC keys couldn't redeem them, would get Retro Hero DLC instead

B L U N D E R
>>
So...Inafune took the $3.8 million and delivered a a shit game?

Is there anyone defending the low scores it's getting?
>>
>>14399478
>4 million dollars

Kingdom of Amalur cost thirteen times that and destroyed its publisher

"4 million dollars" shouldn't be taken as a con for this game

What should be taken as a con for this game is that it's SHIT

SHIT
>>
>>14399478
>possibly bricks it
That was a rumor tho, still it needed a hard reset instead of a soft reset to turn it back on.
>>
Ok.

I'm sorry I once had faith in you
>>
>>14399464
>My PC can run MGSV fine
In fairness the Fox Engine is made of black magic and is optimized on even toasters.
>>
File: con man.png (330 KB, 1309x1064) Image search: [Google]
con man.png
330 KB, 1309x1064
Remember when Inafune was on top of a skyscraper talking about how much he loved Megaman?

Now we've got
>it's better than nothing
and he's already moving to distance himself from the dev team.
>>
>>14399243
>Apologize.

For what? I always knew it was gonna suck! If I have to apologize for anything, it's I'm sorry /m/ got so easily trolled...AGAIN.
>>
>>14399478

Daikatana was a bigger disaster. That was 20-30 million of Eidos' money flushed down the toilet.

This is a disaster of a smaller scale, but may be equally as devestating for Inafune.

>>14399485
>Is there anyone defending the low scores it's getting?

Delusional backers saying "it's not that bad". Yeah, well, why bother making a "not that bad" game in the first place? We have a million platformers and Mega Man games, and clones. Rosenkruizestillette blows them out of the water.
>>
People wanted Mega Man, they got Mega Man.

Shocking News: Most Mega Man games are average, regardless of the sub-series they're under.
>>
>>14399518

Seriously, how long did it take Romero to scrounge up a positive reputation again?
>>
>>14399520
But the Battle Network games were all fantastic.
>>
>>14399518

Jesus christ that's a mouthful of a name
>>
>>14399337
>>14399418
>>14399512

To be fair, he didn't actually say that and the dude who wrote that article actually got fired because it was a false translation.

MN9 is still shit though.
>>
>>14399488
KoA was also more mismanaged than MN9, involving state funds rather than backer funds.

It had potential, but it wasn't the full promised experience nor did it have more support to it that made games similar to it more successful (notably Dragon Age 1 and Inquis). The lore was there, the story was there, the combat variety was there, but it was just missing more relateable NPCs and NPC teammates. It felt half-complete.
>>
>>14399524
About a decade
>>
>>14399518
>>14399524

To be fair to Romero that whole "suck it down" thing was some marketing faggot, not Romero himself.
>>
File: rks32[1].png (572 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rks32[1].png
572 KB, 640x480
>>14399533

I spelled it wrong. "Rosenkreuzstilette".

Fun little MM4 clone games with little magic girls. I like them. I am waiting for the official steam release. Have a thousand times more heart and soul than Might Number 9.

>>14399524

Literally 20 years. He was basically black listed from most of gaming. No one would hire him. he worked on little mobile things for years.
>>
File: 097.jpg (47 KB, 800x389) Image search: [Google]
097.jpg
47 KB, 800x389
>>14399559

And it was (accurately) trying to sound like multiplayer trash talk.

But it doesn't change that Daikatana was an amazing failure. So much of one that no one wanted to touch Romero with a 10 foot pole.
>>
Man

Imagine if Capcom released Street Fighter x Megaman today instead of in 2012.

How devastating would that be to Inafune? Especially since that both a good megaman game, and it was free.
>>
>>14399537
Finished Amalur twice its pretty good but seems lacking something i cant explain it.
>>
>>14399530
BN1, 4, 5 NT, and Chip Challenge all say noooope. An average to downright bad bunch.
>>
Okay.

I'm Sorry that Megaman was never good
>>
>>14399577
Most likely a lack of more in-depth effects from your actions, as well as a lack of NPC teammates you can improve your relationship with.

Amalur was pretty good, and I enjoy it as much as I do Dragon Age Inqui. I especially liked the wider variety of combat options as well as the crafting, but it wasn't enough. Like you, it felt incomplete; missing something to make it more fulfilling.
>>
>>14399352
Comparable in the same way that corn is comparable to shit, because they both have some kernels in it, right?
>>
>>14399567
I'm actually surprised to see someone else who has played the series
>>
>>14399243
>make a non-poseable figure
>give it the most static, uninteresting standing pose possible

It's better than nothing.
>>
File: knuckles.jpg (25 KB, 459x480) Image search: [Google]
knuckles.jpg
25 KB, 459x480
>>14399535
>To be fair

To be fair, EVERYTHING FUCKING ELSE.
>>
>>14399535
>Video game press facing consequences for their actions
I literally do not believe you.
>>
>>14399535
Are you retarded? He didn't actually say it but his interpreter did, which is why everyone thought he said it.
>>
>>14399478
>Four hour long credit sequence

That's hilarious. Did they seriously thank every single person who backed this shit heap?
>>
>>14399852

the kind of had too.
>>
>>14399852

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfU6zXvVcQ

3 hours, 48 minutes.
>>
>>14399890
At least MN9 can probably make it into Guinness this way.

It's better than nothing.
>>
>>14399789
HOWEVER!
>>
About Kingdoms of Amalur, what went down with that? I was under the impression that the game was OK--not exceptional, but not a total trainwreck--but the guy in charge of the studio (Curt Schilling, I think?) got lambasted by taxes or something he didn't anticipate and that ended up screwing him over. Was it different?

>>14399816
Yeah. The interpreter was working on both translating what Inafune said *and* translating questions from Twitch for him, which moved really really fast, so he was getting exhausted by the end, and his off-hand comment that "at least the game came out at all, so it's better than nothing" was just his own comment, but the context made it hard to see that and everybody thought it was from Inafune. So I feel a bit bad for both Inafune and the translator in that respect; the mistake probably wouldn't have happened if they could have slowed things down a little.

Alas, you can't say the same for the game itself. I can have some sympathy for the travails of a game dev, but after so many delays, the game released with what IMO are an inexcusable amount of problems. Lines like pic related were left in the subtitles, the voice acting (especially for No. 2, PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW) is inexcusably annoying, and some options in the menu literally do not work--see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9dgvSUg3KI [Embed]

At the end they point out at around 3:35, they didn't implement the bloom on/off switch on the Xbox 1 *at all,* despite the option being present in game.

It feels like a game in the early stages of bug testing than a complete product.
>>
>>14399890
At least there isn't a cutscene at the end.
>>
>>14399935
That's amazing, this is the gift that keeps on giving.

>>14399936
I'm kind of disappoint there isn't.
>>
File: mighty number 9-mn9-ther.jpg (43 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mighty number 9-mn9-ther.jpg
43 KB, 640x360
>>14399942
The script is ridden with typos that demonstrate just how little effort they put into it. Apparently for Ray, they just did a ctrl-F and changed every instance of "his" in the base script to "her," but that turned words like "this" into "ther." It's hilariously inept.
>>
>>14399935
wasn't the translator the crazy guy on the forums helping dina to ban/insult people for no reason? i remember reading that it was a guy from the translation company
>>
>>14399963
I'm very sure the translator for Inafune had nothing to do with that. The guy translates stuff and coordinates between people in Japan (the dev team) and the West (voice actors, etc.), he doesn't do much with forums aside from Q&A and similar things. I'm not sure what was up with the MN9 forums, but Inafune's translator for that last Twitch stream definitely didn't have anything to do with any of Dina's nonsense.
>>
>>14399518
>We have a million platformers and Mega Man games, and clones.
This reminds me, Yacht Club Games recently put up a poll for what game they should do next. One of the choices is a MegaMan-style platformer, so I wouldn't be surprised if people flock to that.
>>
>>14399415
>>14399418
>>14399645

Comparable to how 'classic' Mega Man is dull as dishwasher and mostly loved by hipsters who play old video games that have no worth today because of their age.
>>
>>14399988
>>14399935
>inafune apologist

Get out Gunlord, He scammed everyone this game.
>>
http://youtu.be/agWIQn-5EjQ
>>
Inafune fucked up but looks to me like most of the problems stem from the incompetent unprofessional chucklefucks on the English version side. It's still his fault that he chose to work with these people and didn't cut them loose after the Dina fiasco, though. Supposedly some of the translators are former Crapcom staff, so maybe it was nepotism.

Let's see

-Community manager and one of the translation company guys go full retard on the forums and twitter
-The Deepsilver trailer
-Interpreter doesn't interpret, instead shoots his mouth off about whatever the fuck he wants making it seem like Inafune is spouting ridiculous bullshit
-The translation itself is full of mistakes, mistranslation, and memespeak and SJW rewrites and has shit English voice acting

It's amazing how they managed to gather this many incompetent fucks in one place
>>
>>14400386
I'm not defending Inafune, like I said in >>14399935
I agree with you that MN9 is shit and that Inafune made a trainwreck all around. I was just saying that the "better than nothing" quote was misinterpreted. That's the only 'defense' of Inafune I'll give, I agree with all the rest about how terribad MN9 is.
>>
>>14399949
>>14399935
Do you have more screenshots of the bad translation work?

Supposedly Avi spouts some gamergate stuff about ethics.
>>
>>14400399
He was all for working with foreign Western devs more often (something he encouraged Capcom to do, some years back), but this finally backfired on him.
>>
>>14400399
>-Community manager
Who only got hired because she was the girlfriend of one of the western devs, I might add.
>>
>>14399243
I'm very sorry that your expectations were unrealistic
>>
>>14400399
If Inafune wants to continue working in the industry he really needs to cut off these dumbasses and use then as a scapegoat for this fiasco.

They'd be a scapegoat because he certainly deserves a large chunk of the blame, but I personally feel that they're way more deserving of it.
>>
>In an interview with Polygon in February 2014, Inafune expressed his interest in developing a larger meta-franchise for Mighty No. 9 beyond the release of the game, including a possible live action movie. Other adaptions included a "comic book, manga, anime, movie, TV drama series" among others. In discussion with Polygon, he stated that "it's not actually a 100 percent set deal yet," and that "it is something we are looking forward to and considering the possibilities of". In regards to a production company for the movie, he mentioned collaboration with Contradiction Studios as a possibility.[50] Tim Carter, a Contradictions film writer and producer, revealed that his company was working on the film adaptation and that he had been in talks with Inafune.[51]

>At Anime Expo 2014, an animated series based on the game was announced by Keiji Inafune, with animations created by Tokyo-based Digital Frontier.[52] The series is scheduled for release in Q2 2016.[53]

>On July 7, 2015, it was announced that Legendary Pictures and Comcept would collaborate to make a Mighty No. 9 feature film.[54]
>>
>>14400420
Those are the most glaring errors I can think of, there are probably others scattered throughout the script. I don't remember if Avi said anything like that, it might be part of his battle dialogue--which is another problem with the game, it's incredibly obnoxious. No. 2's PEWPEWPEW is the worst, but they're all pretty intrusive from what I've gathered.
>>
>>14399852
they would have if they didn't lose everybody's info, so most of them were placeholder text
[ADLIB MAKING A GAME]
>>
>>14399935
>It feels like a game in the early stages of bug testing than a complete product.

It is. Considering the WiiU version crashes the system, requiring a HARD reboot. But what are they going to do, delay it again? They've done that 3 times already. And Comcept and Ini Creates don't have unlimited funds to bug test this forever.
>>
>>14400399

The MAIN problem stems from Inafune wanting to port it to so many consoles, and doing it all at the same time. The standard is make original game, then port it. MN9 was make all the versions at the same time. It was a mess and ate up most of the resources. The problems on the English side of things just made it worse. But even then as CEO of Comcept, the buck stops there. Why didn't he or someone from his team review Deep Silver's trailers? Why didn't they seem to put ANY effort into the English community manager?
>>
>>14400436
>I'm very sorry that your expectations were unrealistic

MN9 can't hold a candle to Mega Man 1, a Famicom game from 1987 with a team of people making their first game.
>>
>>14400476
>Considering the WiiU version crashes the system, requiring a HARD reboot.
at least it doesn't brick the system
it's better than nothing
>>
>>14400482
Yep, you're exactly right. Even Inafune mentioned that having the port the game to like 10 different systems ate up a shitload of budget. I hear it was especially bad for the 3ds and Vita; they had to make those versions from the ground up (and those still aren't out yet, are they?)
>>
>>14400482
>The MAIN problem stems from Inafune wanting to port it to so many consoles,
that doesn't explain losing all the backing data, the shit script copypaste job, and all the other half-assed shit

CON MAN
got
YOUR MONEY
POWER UP TO SKIP TOWN
>>
>>14400486
Nice nostalgia. Like any other piece of media something made today easily surpasses something from decades ago.
>>
>>14400482
That seems to be the Kickstarter getting too much cash and them having no idea what to do with the money, and ending up just listing shit that they didn't have plans to do, and it turning out that those things were way more difficult than it seemed at first.

I've worked with a few Japanese devs and they have no clue how Kickstarter works, I wouldn't be surprised if it was the English-speaking staff that gave him advice on those Kickstarter goals and shit.
>>
>>14400498
>that doesn't explain losing all the backing data, the shit script copypaste job, and all the other half-assed shit

It does. The main game was incredibly rushed, because they spent so much time and money on bug fixing and ports. It never properly left bug fixing phase.

>>14400505

Poorly planned out stretch goals that end up eating up way more money than you get is another problem. We may not ever get a 3DS version.
>>
>>14400509
Weren't the ports the stretch goals? My memory's sketchy on that.
>>
>>14400514
They were, the 3.5 million mark I think. Inafune still underestimated how much they would cost to develop, especially since from what I heard, UE3 stopped receiving support while MN9 was in progress.
>>
File: MNO9_goals_thumb[1].jpg (138 KB, 404x1108) Image search: [Google]
MNO9_goals_thumb[1].jpg
138 KB, 404x1108
>>14400514

Yes.

Look at how the ports are set up. 360/ps3 goes first and Xbone/PS4 are much later. If the game was released on time, it still would have been a game released right as those consoles were ending support. So why bother? Would make much more sense to make the game a launch title for the new consoles.

The 3DS and VITA versions act as bottlenecks for the entire project. And the deep irony is that we may NEVEr get a 3DS version. The game lags hard on current gen consoles. They have to make a totally new engine, effectively remaking the game, just for a 3DS version. Do they even stilll have money left over to do this? Look forward to the 3DS version being cancelled.
>>
>>14400380
No matter how much you try to rationalize it, this game is worse than the nearly all the combined MM games, with it being better only than X7 maybe
>>
>>14399935
>About Kingdoms of Amalur
It isn't that it was bad, it wasn't a great game but the problem with it is that Rhode Island for some god forsaken reason invested far too much money in it and so the game had to sell a whole lot, turns out it didn't so the developers imploded and the state nearly bankrupted itself from a insane investiment
>>
>>14400540
Nostalgia is a helluva drug.
>>
>>14400533
I don't think anyone was looking forward to the 3DS version, so it doesn't really matter.
Inafunes rep is shot either way.
>>
>>14400540
It's better than X8 and Command Mission too.
>>
>>14400548
Command Mission isn't even a platformer
>>
>>14400551
It's still shitty.
>>
>>14400548
>>14400540

X7 and X8 look visually way better than this at least. Plus they don't have so many bugs and frame rate issues.

>>14400547

Cancelling the 3DS version is going to be another black eye for the project and hurt Inafune's reputation even more. Legally, they may have to release a 3DS version. That's something they promised as a stretch goal. What they will end up doing, I don't know.
>>
>>14400476
Not to mention Inti Creates have other things to work on (Bloodstained, Half-Genie Hero, Gunvolt 2).

>>14400493
>>14400533
At this point, I'm convinced that Noitu Love 2's 3DS port will come out before MN9's does.

>>14400505
The best thing for them to do would be to financially back/publish a project that's made by the West to begin with (like in Cryamore's case), so this way there's no fuss.
>>
>>14400546
Tell me then you jackass, what other MM game had broken script, a game broken enough to crash a godamn console, suffer FPS drops on goddamn PC and look like absolute dogshit while having been funded with over 4 million dollars? And before you come with the tired "BUT $ MILLION IS PEANUTS" what the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvTOoWvzLdY

>>14400548
What is the problem with X8 though? It didn't do shitty 3d/2.5d sections like X7, it was a pretty standart MM game and the only problem I remember from Command Mission was the ludicrous encounter rate
>>
File: 167427276.jpg (511 KB, 1500x1062) Image search: [Google]
167427276.jpg
511 KB, 1500x1062
Super Megaman Wars when?
A crossover it's the only way to save it and please all the fans.
No, XOver didn't count
>>
>>14400560
I haven't played X8 in ages but I recall it having some ridiculous shitty thing where you had to to charge up a bar to use a special attack to hurt bosses or something.
>>
>>14400561
Eh just stick them in SRW, Zengar has canonically already met X and Zero and Tron Bonne in the OG multiverse after all.
>>
>>14400564
No, it had a special attack bar that worked as a extra hard hitting attack, you could and would defeat the bosses like in every other MM game, the bar and attack worked as a Limit Break of sorts
>>
>>14400560
The whole game felt like it took place in an underwater level, same as X7. Also it looked like shit.

It was better than X7 but not by much.
>>
I'm still mad as fuck that the ZX series got cancelled, those were pretty fucking good.
>>
>>14400548
I'd play X8 over this any day, there is a lot of fun stuff in it, even if it is one of the weaker X games. Fuck X6 and X7 though, they're fucking awful
>>
>>14400574
X6 is a million times better than X8.
>>
so what other games crash a WiiU like that?
>>
>>14400545
Holy hell, I can't believe a state put that much in a video game. WTF was RI thinking?
>>
>>14400545

Also they paid something like fifty million dollars to Todd MacFarlane to design shit

That number is an exaggeration
>>
>>14400614

What's the budget on the game? I'm not seeing it on the list of highest budget games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
File: implode.png (141 KB, 461x347) Image search: [Google]
implode.png
141 KB, 461x347
>>14400545
That sounds nasty. I don't wanna implode.
>>
>>14400561
SRW use to have Sergent frog in so any mecha is in possibility now .
>>
>>14400567
This, since Capcom has no problem lending the Mega Man IP, it's only a matter of time before that possibility could crop up. Bonus points if Kirby debuts in the same game alongside it.
>>
>>14400636
Konami has shown that they're fine with leasing their IP out too (Busou Shinki to Kotobukiya) so I'd say it's only a matter of time before we get Rockman and ZOE and maybe even MGS in SRW.

I mean we've gotten weirder shit before.
>>
>>14400380
Go away tripfag, you're not contributing anything that needs your epic forum name
>>
>>14400645
>ZOE
Aint gonna happen, they already had their own SRW bootleg in the GBA for it and they are only fine with lending IP for a few properties AT BEST
>>
>>14400645
ZOE would be a good choice, because Fist of Mars already was pretty much SRW in terms of gameplay, albeit with that targeting thing.
>>
>>14400662
>>14400663
The GBA game was straight up made by Winky Soft, the original SRW devs.
>>
File: 1399287183805.gif (1 MB, 385x256) Image search: [Google]
1399287183805.gif
1 MB, 385x256
I remember when everyone supported this to kick capcom in the face.

And even now the same people are still buying capcom games.
>>
>>14400674
I'm waiting for capcom to send a message like "Told you so"
>>
>>14400674

It turned out Capcom, like Bobby Kotick, was right.

Only time will tell if the new Hitler of videogames, Konami, was right about Kojima.
>>
>>14400645
I can fully expect MGR to get in first, since there's very little backstory baggage beyond "Raiden's life got ruined by The Patriots, but they're toast now, the end". It'll be like the second coming of Linebarrels' Jack!

>>14400685
At least Iga's doing well so far, if nothing else.
>>
>>14400486
>MN9 can't hold a candle to Mega Man 1, a Famicom game from 1987 with a team of people making their first game.
>Apples can't hold a candle to oranges
>>
>>14400792
more like
>FROM THE ONLY PERSON WHO EVER MADE APPLE, NEW APPLE FLAVORED ORANGE
>wait it's worthless shit worse than even the most crude and primitive apple
>>
>>14400486
>Mega Man 1, a Famicom game from 1987 with a team of people making their first game.
None of those people worked on Mn9
>>
File: nigger9.jpg (749 KB, 1617x2048) Image search: [Google]
nigger9.jpg
749 KB, 1617x2048
>>14399243
>>
>>14399852
Undertale thanked every single person who backed it but did so in a way that was fun and memorable, Inafune is just an idiot.
>>
>>14399464
>It can't hold anything to any Mega Man game. It fits right in the later realy shitty X series.

>This is not like any mega man game, it's just like the shitty mega man games
>>
>>14400813
I wouldn't call it memorable (it's basically the reverse of Smash's good ol' shooter credits) but it was definitely more fun than just a list that goes on and on and on and oooooon
>>
>>14400813
>Undertale
>>
>>14400867
Yes, Undertale. This isn't /v/, you can stop pretending to hate it.
>>
File: 1463240345433.png (110 KB, 336x522) Image search: [Google]
1463240345433.png
110 KB, 336x522
>>14400869
>>
>>14399478
>Game got 4 times the funding in asked for but for some reason they cut all the planned features despite QUADROUPLE FUNDING
>PC version has no save files
>Credits are longer than the actual game
>Garbage optimisation
>>
>>14400869
Fuck off Tumblr, undertale is complete shit.
>>
>>14400906
Do you actually think that anyone actually thinks that?
>>
>>14400869
>Pretentioustale
>Self-Defense is Bad: The Game

I wish Underfags would get into a knife or gun fight and try hugging their assailants and see how that goes.
>>
>>14400911
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good tumblr, see gundam seed for example
>>
File: 1455760906704.png (18 KB, 100x124) Image search: [Google]
1455760906704.png
18 KB, 100x124
Alright, who the fuck invited /v/. I know it's a video game thread, but still. This is just sad.
>>
>>14400919
>see gundam seed
I wish I could stop seeing it.
>>
>>14400929
Fuck off back to Tumblr with your shit game please.
>>
>>14399478
What the fuck happened at Concept?
>>
>>14400939
Inafune happened.
>>
>>14400929
It's just a bunch of idiots. Getting triggered that hard by mere mention of a game is ridiculous.

>>14400946
It's easy to prop him as the root of everything but one man can't fuck up everything by himself, and especially not that much. Something went horribly wrong during conception.
>>
>>14400685
Unlike Activision and Capcom who actually make games and make profit from them. Konami is awful in every other way and shit on their fanbases and treat their staff like slaves.
>>
>>14400949
Remember those videos with Inafune doing some pitching meetings with students?

He was terrible at that giving them shitty advices.

>Something went horribly wrong during conception.
Like I said before, Inafune happened. Remember he was only an illustrator at Capcom.
>>
>>14400949
Its really not hard though, he just surrounded himself with yes-men, smae thing happened with Kojima in TPP, when you have no one to rein yourself things go out of control incredibly fast
>>
>>14399488
The 4 million dollars is a con because it was crowdfunded
>>
>>14400915

Are you legitimately retarded, or do you really think that people who play a game revolving around fictional circumstances that can be resolved through pacifism also think that they can stop a terrorist with a hug?
>>
>>14401052
>Are you legitimately retarded
Its a /v/ermin, do you really have to ask?
>>
>>14400533
IF ONLY COMCEPT COULD USE MT FRAMEWORK.

THEN AT LEAST IT'D ACTUALLY WORK.

FUCK UE.
>>
>>14401059
>says the tumblrite
Oh the irony.
>>
>>14401093
Nigger please, its the ultimate mark of a /v/ermin to lump anyone who disagrees with you screaming chimps to tumblr, even if doesn't make sense, did you forget the two weeks following the release that you faggots posted various threads about the game, all talking about the game itself? It only became a stpudi taboo to talk about it when the fanbase grew outside of /v/ so you faggots, as usual, started to get triggered and started your shitposting spree

Its not my fault if you are incapable of distancing yourself from the hivemind and cannot make opinions on your own
>>
>>14401104
Anon at this point it's obvious bait, your response is what he wanted.
>>
>>14401104
>its the ultimate mark of a /v/ermin to lump anyone who disagrees with you screaming chimps to tumblr
No, it is common sense to assume that the fags that defend undershit are from tumblr, that's it.

>>14401108
>he doesn't like undertale
>he must be baiting!
You underfags are hilarious
>>
>>14399852
Yup, but they fucked up and several people got hit with GENEROUS BACKER.

I'm just glad I was affected, I didn't want my name on this shit heap.
>>
>>14401122
>the front page of /v/ was not 70% undermeme for the entire first week it was out
sure
and Zeon did nothing worng
>>
>>14400915
>not playing genocide mode
>>
>>14401138
You still assume I'm from /v/ because I have enough good taste to not like that piece of shit game.

Meanwhile undertale was incredibly popular on tumblr since day one, so I can still say that you're a faggot from that cesspool.
>>
File: hCx62v3.jpg (48 KB, 540x535) Image search: [Google]
hCx62v3.jpg
48 KB, 540x535
>>14401152
>You still assume I'm from /v/ because I have enough good taste to not like that piece of shit game.
You ARE from /v/ this is the exact same language they use.
>>
>>14399935
>About Kingdoms of Amalur, what went down with that? I was under the impression that the game was OK--not exceptional, but not a total trainwreck--but the guy in charge of the studio (Curt Schilling, I think?) got lambasted by taxes or something he didn't anticipate and that ended up screwing him over. Was it different?

>>14400545
From: http://www.theoryofgaming.com/success-failure-kingdoms-amalur/
>Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning was a game built and designed by some of the best minds and talent in the industry, a game that would go on to sell over a million copies, and in the end it led to the ruin of 38 Studios and set the taxpayers of Rhode Island back an estimated $112 million.
>112 MILLION

>>14400607
Rhode Island was hoping by moving the game company down there (38 Studios), it would open up new jobs for local graduates and cultivate talent, among other things. Problem was was that RI had believed it would be an instant hit, and was upset it didn't push 3M, despite the fact it at least pushed 1M the first 90 days.

The linked article also has a link to the Kotaku story, for those interested into a more in-depth look, and not adverse to Kotaku.
>>
>>14401199
So it was less a bomb and more of a "didn't meet our absolutely ridiculous expectations" case
Kinda like Atari ET and their LET'S PRINT MORE GAMES THAN THERE ARE CONSOLES SOLD THAT'S DEFINITELY GOING TO WORK
>>
>>14401209
More or less, yes. Though some of it was also Schilling's fault.

To paraphrase some bits from the Kotaku article, Rhode Island was suffering an economic downturn, while their nearby neighbor, Massachusetts, was thriving off a burgeoning tech industry. RI wanted some of that pie, and worked to lure over 38 Studios with the requirement that they would provide 450 high-paying jobs in the tech industry.

Schilling was wanting to make a fantasy MMO. He used much of his baseball millions to even hire R. A. Salvadore for the scriptwork and McFarlane for the creatures. Rhode Island convinced him to move the project and the Studios to RI, and were funding his MMO.

The money RI provided wasn't enough, and the lack of other talents could not make the dream a full reality, so he bought out Big Games Studios to build a single-player game set in the same universe as the MMO to help finish funding it. That led to KoA:R. But with money being split two ways, KoA:R could not fully realize the potential it had to have become another IP like Elder Scrolls or Dragon Age. While it was technically a success, pushing 1M, RI considered it a failure, and began trying to reclaim money from 38 Studios. Shit happened, and the whole thing just collapsed. The MMO was eventually cancelled, the Studio and managers involved bankrupt, and RI out of 100 million.

Ironically, despite all this, there are a notable number of fans who are still clamoring for a sequel to KoA, at least in another single-player format like Skyrim or Dragon Age.
>>
>>14401195
Sure thing tumblr, whatever helps you maintain your delusion.
>>
File: X4_zerostand.jpg (195 KB, 878x842) Image search: [Google]
X4_zerostand.jpg
195 KB, 878x842
Friendly reminder Inafune was also responsible for this shitlord
>>
>>14400962

This. Capcom is full of idiots that greatly overestimate sales numbers to determine success, but at the end of the day as a company they still genuinely want to make videogames for people to play. Konami doesn't even care about videogames anymore.
>>
This was supposed to be the next big thing. A game, a sequel, a cartoon and movie....
>>
File: aile 8.png (381 KB, 732x1148) Image search: [Google]
aile 8.png
381 KB, 732x1148
>>14400572
>I'm still mad as fuck that the ZX series got cancelled, those were pretty fucking good.

You and me are nigs.

you'd thing the people bitching about gender would be more aware of it.
>>
>>14401502
Eh, his "original" Zero was just a a Rock with a ponytail and a Z on his shoulder even that got changed a lot until we got X1 Zero
>>
>>14400572
And we will never know what Master Thomas really wanted to do

Goddamn
>>
>>14401690
That would imply they care about games, and not the lack of their agenda's presence in media they wouldn't consume in the first place.

SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING
CODENAME STEAM
SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING
PROGRESSIVE HYPOCRISY
>>
>>14401682
It's all about yugimonz now
>>
>>14401725
Wait, so they will go back to making anime of the original cast?
>>
>>14400802

Inafune and Manami Matsumae both worked on MN9. The team does have a bunch of MM veterans, but they're all artists and composers. None of the key people who made the game play great return. The actual directors are Koji Imaeda Kinshi Ikegami who have next to no experience. One of them their ONLY credit is MN9.
>>
File: 1466863704061[1].jpg (1 MB, 1857x2352) Image search: [Google]
1466863704061[1].jpg
1 MB, 1857x2352
>>14400808

Better aligned version.
>>
File: 1462199842544.jpg (133 KB, 872x426) Image search: [Google]
1462199842544.jpg
133 KB, 872x426
>>14401732
No it's just a movie. That already came out.
>>
>>14400911
I think that.

You going to "prove" me wrong?
>>
>>14401725
Man, I miss Duel Masters. I liked their card designs more than YGO.

Granted, YGO has better looking females between the two cast.
>>
File: 1463477259845.jpg (314 KB, 995x1769) Image search: [Google]
1463477259845.jpg
314 KB, 995x1769
>>14401763
Well Yugioh upped their game
>>
>>14401763
There's also Battle Spirits, as an alternative.
>>
>>14401788
would they tone down her awesome tits in the english version of this?
>>
File: Kozmourning-SHVI-EN-C-1E.jpg (351 KB, 537x797) Image search: [Google]
Kozmourning-SHVI-EN-C-1E.jpg
351 KB, 537x797
>>14401798
Maybe not. They didn't censor kozmo tits and the recent catgirls
>>
>>14401788
>draw a butt
>call it titties
>>
>>14399478
Battleborn
>>
File: 1466443909932.png (451 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1466443909932.png
451 KB, 620x670
>>14401814
>>
>>14401814
Umbrella Corps is doing worse than Blunderborn.
>>
>>14401899
It's ok though, there's RE7 to cover Capcom's ass and provide the traditional survival spoop side of things even as it pulls an RE4 and shifts the style of play from third person shooter to first person adventure.

The Revelations subseries and RE7 make me believe at some point the Crapcom that had been derided for fucking around in years past has been replaced by its bizarro counterpart (at least in handling the RE franchise). It's amazing how they can go from skeevy chucklefucks to hypercompetent developers in a blink of an eye.

I mean shit, even RE6 for all its identity crises and general rushedness has a solid third person shooter system going on.
>>
>>14401899
>>14401814
Battleborn suffered from terrible marketing, the gameplay is different than overtime but media and their marketing decided to fight against overwatch...

and it didnt work out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri4bV3Z186Q

This is like a new kind of cringe. They are making the documentary with the assumption that this is going to be a great well recieved game and that we're seeing the magic unfold behind the scenes. I'm really curious about watching later episodes.
>>
>>14401725
Didn't they get busted for selling illegal pirated cards once?
>>
>>14402043
That was Upperdeck
>>
File: save.png (24 KB, 827x513) Image search: [Google]
save.png
24 KB, 827x513
>>14399478
>PC VERSION HAS NO SAVE FILES
This can't be true, right?

>[path-to-game]\MN9Game\Config\
Oh wow, I see what the problem is. Steam's default install path is Program Files. You need administrative rights to write files there.

This is advanced incompetence. I can't imagine how dumb Comcept's code monkeys must be.
>>
>>14401788
Yugioh upped their human/humanoid characters alright, and always had better humanoid character design; but their monster/non-human designs are still lacking somewhat.

Then again, I'm probably just bored with the backgrounds of the monster cards half the time; unlike the trap or spell cards, the monster cards themselves often have nothing else in the background, while Duel Masters' cards had ruined cities burning or a fight going on in the background.
>>
>>14402141
They're about as competent as MegaPhilX, who is a fan game project leader. This kind of thing shouldn't even happen.
>>
>>14401788
HEROES NEVER DIE
>>
I don't get it. Gunvolt was fun and it came out of goddamn nowhere. This got $4 million and it's 'meh' at BEST. What in the actual fuck?
>>
>>14402178
There is a pretty big difference, GV had the developers doing what they actually wanted, everyone involved was actually competent while MN9 only had people who listened to Inafune and would not say no, hell Inti even worked on it at the start to lay down the frame work for the game and then went on to help Bloodstained
>>
>>14400561
>MMZ
>MMZA
>Over
>No Robot Masters

Just awful
>>
>>14400567

remember when they where in Onimusha Smash
>>
>>14400616

60+ mill is the only good estimate and that comes from a specious statement by the publisher

Could be higher, could be lower
>>
File: Better than Nothing.png (13 KB, 257x193) Image search: [Google]
Better than Nothing.png
13 KB, 257x193
>>14399337
>>14399418
>>14399512
>>
File: mighty no 9.png (715 KB, 659x1160) Image search: [Google]
mighty no 9.png
715 KB, 659x1160
Famitsu cross review
>>
>>14402566
>8 hours to clear
What the fuck Japan?
>>
>>14402566
Famitsu has been fucking weird for years.

But you know what, at least they aren't entrenched in community dorama that has only the barest relation to videogames!
>>
>>14402566
Nips continue to have shit taste
>>
>>14401970
>It's amazing how they can go from skeevy chucklefucks to hypercompetent developers in a blink of an eye.
>hypercompetent

Well i mean, as much as I like SFV, it was clearly released unfinished so that people would have enough time to play it before Capcom Pro Tour and Evo.
>>
>>14402573
The average playtime comes from the four reviewers and the third sounds like she took five hours to clear each stage so she probably skewed it a bit.
>>
>>14402566
>reviews that talk only about the game and it's strengths/weaknesses
>no smarmy, sarcastic bullshit or exaggerated "wurst gaem ebur" whining
What a concept.
>>
>>14399243
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVXUmX0CJI

Relevant
>>
>>14402566
>"charge attack"
>"dash"
>>
>>14402566
Shovel Knight was a 9/8/9/8 for comparison.
>>
I replayed X, X2 and X3. The sense of fun those had is colossal compared to MN9. The style, the atmosphere, I dunno, they just feel beter; MN9 is too "meh".
>>
>>14401249
Oh damn, what a debacle. I can't be too hard on Schilling, and I guess I can understand RI wanting new jobs in the state, but 3 million for a studio's first game was just ridiculous expectations.
>>
>>14402645
>X2 and X3

True, even some of the worst X games are better than MN9
>>
>>14402588
It's the only way they can think of to prevent sequel milking for that iteration; give out patches from time to time.

>>14402624
>Shovel Knight released and reviewed in Japan
I'm impressed, I didn't actually expect this to happen so soon.
>>
>>14401737
thanks anon
>>
>>14402645
X2 and X3 are masterpieces, so the comparison isn't quite fair, but the point remains.

I do wonder if MN9 would have been better if it had stuck to 2D spritework. It's not like going 3D ever worked for Mega Man in the past, Legends aside. The best 3D Mega Man platformer is X8, and X8 is still only about as good as X4.
>>
>>14400685
They probably are, not the slightest bit excited for whatever it was that he showed at E3.
>>
>>14402566
>>14402611
Didn't they cut out the boss weapons from the game or something like that?

>>14402605
>>14402573
Perhaps they counted the four hour long credits in the total runtime.
>>
>>14402833
>X2 and X3 are masterpieces

No they're not. X2 was okay at best and X3 was bland garbage
>>
>>14402862
I respect your opinion Anon, but, to me, X2 and X3 were the most fun MMX games. Maybe it is the nostalgia factor or I am being superficial, who knows.
>>
>>14402847
They cut out the Zero 3 style thing where you were supposed to be able to gain attacks from the regular enemies you absorbed, instead you just get buffs from them and the only weapons you get are from bosses.
>>
>>14402869
Nah, I think X2's the best of the X series myself. The more vibrant graphics and the rockin' music put it above X1 for me.

On the other hand, X3 is kind of a chore to play. The way the upward air dash works is a perfect metaphor for the game in general. It chugs for awhile, gets slightly better in the end, but ultimately accomplishes very little.
>>
File: 1446506187365.png (217 KB, 489x408) Image search: [Google]
1446506187365.png
217 KB, 489x408
>>14402833
>X2 and X3 are masterpieces

I know taste varies wildly when it comes to the X series, but I have never seen X2, X3 and masterpiece in the same sentence before.
>>
X4 was the first I played, it looked so cool with the anime and Zero gameplay, however, I think the first 3 were better overall. The stuff with ride armors, hidden stuff (like Vile in X3) added value.
>>
>>14402875
Okay, so let's imagine you were designing MN9 and for some reason it actually did turn out to be too hard to implement stealing everything's powers like you expected. How would you do it instead?

Personally I would have gone in for something like copying an enemy giving a limited-use version of the boss weapon, with killing the appropriate boss giving you the ability to keep that weapon permanently, and then maybe if you copy that weapon while you already have it you get something like Kirby's Super Abilities where the weapon is supercharged for a while akin to X's charged weapons.
>>
>>14402914
>How would you do it instead?
Just do it like Kirby, where there are generic powers that are obtained from multiple enemies, rather than exactly one power per enemy.
>>
So after actually playing the game a bit (cleared the Ray, Avi and Brand stages) I have to say it's nowhere as bad as I thought it'd be.

The reviews rating it 5-6/10 are typical shitty gaming journalists pandering to the masses as usual, at least. I'd place it somewhere around 6.5-7.5, not fantastic but not bad at all. Enjoying it more than X6-X8, at least.

The stages are stunningly average but the boss fights are actually pretty fucking good.
>>
>>14402917
Basically the same concept, yeah. I like the idea of killing the bosses giving a permanent reward, thus the idea that when you just copy a basic enemy you can only use the weapon for a limited time, while once you get it from a boss you have it forever. Kirby did sort of the same thing in Milky Way Wishes, which was always one of my favorites.
>>
>>14402914
Modified moveset generically mapped to enemy types like what >>14402917 suggests, but with a rapidly dropping timer attached to them that only increases by relevant amounts as you chain-kill enemies of the same type, with the idea being you want to carry the modified moveset as far as possible, even up to the boss fight, for score bonus purposes (and also presumably cheesing the boss with an optimal attack type).

Admittedly that's more of an arcade mindset but I feel that type-chaining is actually an underexplored area of game design in general. It gives purpose to the idea that there's more to play strategy than hold right, mash the shoot button, and occasionally jump past obstacles.
>>
>>14402922
>6.5-7.5, not fantastic but not bad at all.

A score of 7.5 is VERY good. The entire gaming scoring method is total shit. 5/10 IS a "not fantastic but not bad" score.
>>
>>14402950
>The entire gaming scoring method is total shit. 5/10 IS a "not fantastic but not bad" score.

Pretty much, yeah. I've seen like one reviewer who ever made an effort to treat 5 as the "this game is average" score.
>>
>>14402956
I like how Xplay used to do it, using an x/5 scale instead of x/10 specifically because they know that scores are broad generalizations and going over 5 is a futile attempt at trying to pinpoint a subjective feeling. That and they'd actually stick to "3/5 is an average game"
>>
>>14402566

>A new game by Rockman's creator Inafune Keiji

Oh my god. I thought it was just the idiot Western journalists who did this. But Japan too? I thought they knew better.

Akira Kitamura directed MM1-2 and created Mega Man.
>>
>>14402950
The way places ACTUALLY score things though, anything up to 6 is shit, 7-8 is average, and 9-10 is either really good or they're being paid off.
>>
>>14402950
Nah man, it's
>10: they bribed the reviewer
>9: GOTYAY
>8 through 6: varying degrees of shit
>5 and below: attempts at artificial score manipulation

Personally I'm of the opinion the best score metric is the two man thumb up / thumb down approach.

>>14402964
Yeah but then they decided to ditch that rationale and add half-stars because broad out-of-5 generalizations were apparently too broad. So in their latter years, XPlay used an x/10 system disguised as an x/5 one.
>>
With the technical issues: 2/10 game.
Without the technical issues: 4/10 game.

The game never got out of bug testing mode, and it has massive slowdown and frame rate issues even on PC. Fix those, and it's still a below average forgettable game.
>>
>>14399464
>My PC can run MGSV fine

That's nice.
But can it run Trespasser?
>>
>>14402988
Nothing can run Trespasser. We'll need at least ten more applications of Moore's Law before that can happen.
>>
>>14403026
It's a shame because Trespasser is like one of the greatest bad games.

There's an amazing amount of good material going on that got hamstrung by development snafu, the whole project is worthy of a redo.

Though, I wouldn't mind losing the magic arm. Dial back some of the physics gimmickery in a post HL2 world, ramp up the survival aspects, and you'd have a recipe for a pretty cool survival-action piece where you're on the run from dinos.
>>
>>14400561
>XOver

Wasted potential incarnate. Character designs were pretty cool, and the music was pretty nice. Shame it was little more than a glorified Facebook game.
>>
>>14400561
EXE > DASH > Rockman > X > Xis > the rest
Prove me wrong
>>
>>14403088
>Xis not at the top of the list
Also I assume you meant EXE1-3, EXE4-6 go below everything else.
>>
Dash = ZX = X1-6 > Zero > Rockman > EXE 1-3 > shit > the rest
>>
>>14403095
It's the same design. I'm not talking about abilities or anything. Did you think I meant the games?
>>
>>14402581
Famitsu is known to shill japanese games no matter what.
>>
File: MM37.jpg (22 KB, 400x298) Image search: [Google]
MM37.jpg
22 KB, 400x298
>>14403143
People usually mean the games, yes. My mistake.

Design-wise I like SF3 Xis more than EXE, and X more than Rockman, but otherwise your list is okay. Toppest tier is Super Fighting Robot though.
>>
Overall, X6 had the best looking armors.
You can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>14403168
Not a huge fan of Star Force. It wasn't objectively bad but I guess I just wanted another Battle Network. I ended up getting really good at it before a relative lost my game so I would also say it's enjoyable. For some reason the game didn't click with me though, and the most fun I had was getting the BN rapid Megabuster to abuse.

I'll admit Sonya/Drills threesome would be heaven.
>>
>>14403178
But that's wrong because X5 had the best-looking armors. It is the only thing X5 had the best anything of. It's one of the only things X5 had "not the worst" anything of.

>You want good parts? Here, do this counterintuitive shit where you run out the timer until the last possible second or you get nothing.
>We're going to throw in a random chance that even if you get all the parts you lose Zero anyway. Hope you didn't pick him at the start, shithead!
>>
>>14403193
While Gaia is awesome and Fourth is alright, Shadow and Blade are hella sweet
I never liked how easy the platforming segments were in X5 if you used Falcon
>>
File: 1440383012405.png (102 KB, 867x500) Image search: [Google]
1440383012405.png
102 KB, 867x500
X or Zero, /m/?
>>
>>14403257
WHY
suki na kimochi wa
surodoi toge
WHY
mayoisugiru to
jibun ni sasaru
>>
>>14403257
X, Zero was cool for two games and then it was turned into shit.
>>
>>14403257
The x series is better the zero series. Hated the art direction to the Zero series as well. But I like them both.
>>
>>14400915
But Undertale states outright that its moral values and "theme" do not work in real life and should be taken as just a commentary on violence in games, not real life.
>>
>>14404403
Between that and the interviews with the guy who actually made the game, sometimes I think Undertale is just some sort of huge reverse troll prank on the SJW community trying to show how full of shit they are.
>>
>>14399935
Kingdoms of Amalur had some interesting gameplay mechanics and everything was really smooth and streamlined. But the story was shit, and they blew tens of millions preparing Amalur to be the next WoW without finishing enough server infrastructure to actually launch, so they sold the game as a standalone RPG. And while it was smooth to play, the story was boring, the world nondescript, and the characters nonexistent. So it failed, the company went bankrupt, and Rhode Island got mad because they didn't get a bunch of jobs from a successful video game studio.
>>
>>14399243
Just because Inafune doesn't code every line in Megaman doesn't mean he doesn't know what makes a game good. He's been an executive producer and game designer for decades. But for MM9 he was mainly concept creator and handed things off to others because he really wanted to do Red Ash, which is basically just Megaman X, which was his baby.
>>
File: 1463310948349.gif (236 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1463310948349.gif
236 KB, 500x375
>>14404511
>Red Ash, which is basically just Megaman X,
>>
>>14404523
>Mega Man X takes place in an unspecified time during the 22nd century (2120) and approximately 100 years after the original Mega Man series. A human archaeologist named Dr. Cain discovers the ruins of a robotics research facility that had once been operated by the legendary robot designer Dr. Thomas Light. Among the ruins, Cain finds a large capsule which contains a highly advanced robot with human-level intelligence and emotions, and even free will, the likes of which the world has never seen before. Light had wished to instill within his creation reasonable sanity, good nature, and an understanding of the more controversial aspects of human morality. The robot was buried while running a 30-year diagnostic program to ensure these features. Cain spends the next several months studying the robot, who is named Mega Man X, or simply "X".

>Red Ash: The Indelible Legend is set in a world where humanity has been driven to the point of near extinction following a war with robots. It follows a young boy named Beck, as he embarks on a quest to save mankind.
>>
>>14404534
sorry, did i TRIGGER you?
>>
File: CMX.jpg (302 KB, 1464x1461) Image search: [Google]
CMX.jpg
302 KB, 1464x1461
>>14403257
Always bet on sexy X
>>
>>14404403
>>14404415
It's because people don't understand commentary on violence in videogames and the player being a tool unless it's blatantly shoved in your face like in Spec Ops: The Line.

And then people miss the point and get angry because "it's not fun to play and have the game shit on me for following orders as a soldier".
>>
>>14404534
I didn't follow the Red Ash fiasco but the main character of that was also named Beck? Was he really trying to tie it to MN9?
>>
>>14404831
Inafune is basically trying to create his own Mega Man franchise. Mighty 9 being the OG Mega Man and Red Ash being Legends
>>
>>14404831
>>14404891
Overall, he multitasked way too much. It's like instead of counting all your chicken eggs before they hatch, he tried the watch the newborns for the whole darn farm.

Also, Recore's MC is called Joule, just like one of the characters in Gunvolt, so he possibly tried to tie into that as well.
>>
>>14404907
He didn't even have the eggs yet and he was counting. >>14400462

The fact that the kickstarter getting so much so fast probably went straight to his head, making him think he had everything in the bag.
>>
>>14404725
The Line has an entirely different problem in that everyone mistakenly believes it to be one of those YOU'RE THE SICKO, ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS TURN OFF THE GAME AND WALK AWAY.

In actuality, it's a game where the player slowly comes to grips with the fact that they never had agency over Walker in the first place, they were at best the voice of reason Walker refused to acknowledge.

The voice of reason is the only thing that helps Walker realize that his hero complex was on full blast, noticeably after the WP incident but arguably in play from the moment it all began. If you don't see Walker's adventure through to the end, odds are he ends up the way the game ends if you refuse to choose an ending; the suicide option, Walker succumbing to his guilt and choosing death over accepting the consequences of his actions. Through death, he escapes blame, and thus perpetuates his errors.

But if you follow through, you give him the ability to recognize his hero complex as the root of his actions, and to silence it once and for all. To accept that Walker is a pretty fucked up sunovabitch, and to give him one last choice to either lay down his arms and go home, or to embrace his madness once and for all.
>>
>>14399352
>comparable experience
Sure, if you're comparing it to Mega Man DOS.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.