[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soredemo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: StarkJeganVsKshatriya2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
StarkJeganVsKshatriya2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Will there ever be another Gundam, UC or otherwise in the same production style as Unicorn?

By that I mean OVA's with high production values with ~60 minute runtime.
>>
>>14397744

In a couple of years, probably, yea. They're not going to make them as continuously as they make tv shows considering the cost in time and money, but they'll probably make one again after a few years break.
>>
They're making Gundam the origin right now
>>
File: banana crying.jpg (57 KB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
banana crying.jpg
57 KB, 400x406
>>14397775
>Origin
>even coming close to Unicorns story or visuals
The bar just keeps on falling

I just want another manga to get adapted by studio 1 without it seeming 3x too fast.
>>
>>14397801

Unicorn wan't a manga when the adaptation started as far as I know and the novels were commissioned and written with the specific intent of animating them. Thunderbolt's author has said that he was contacted by Banrise staff about writing a manga too, rather than a member of Gundam ACE or whoever asking him to do it, so they may have always intended to animate Thunderbolt too. Hoping for another manga specifically to be adapted, especially if you have a manga in mind is a bit of a fool's game.
>>
>>14397744
Why do you use the webms from the tv run when the BD source is much cleaner and has been out for much longer.
>>14397801
>Unicorn's story
>worth measuring benis with
Breh
>>14397830
>Crossbone fags in:
>3
>2
>1
>>
File: 1396660889938.gif (8 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
1396660889938.gif
8 KB, 160x160
>>14397744
>Unicorn
>High production values.
>>
Don't do it.
The Pound is falling. Don't devalue your (You)s, friends.
>>
>>14397860
How about something by Ark Performance
>>
File: 1454382232457.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454382232457.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
>>14397860
Unicorn's story was not that bad, it's really only the contrarian fucks on 4chan that have such a negative opinion of Unicorn.
>>
>>14398095
No, it's fine, but not that bad vs. bad isn't really a good dick waving competition.

I enjoyed a lot of it, and some of it I actually thought was spectacular, but goddamn was it tonally inconsistent. Or really not even that, but like it lacked real focus. Also, disregarding the "time travel" bit, the last episode was really all over the place with its ending(s). Not to mention that the Neo-Zeong fight was utter trash.
>>
>>14397744
We'll probably get 'Unicorn 2: Zeon did even more nothing wrong' in a few years.
>>
>>14398212

We could get an OVA where Feddies spend 99% of the show going around slapping Zeons with their cocks while high fiving people and blowing up Zakus with their farts, but if there's even 2 seconds of a single Zeon person explaining why they, personally, favor Zeon and/or doing something besides eating a baby with kitten appetizers it'll be Zeekwank as far as some people are concerned.
>>
>>14398224
>eating a baby
I don't see what's so ba--
>with kitten appetizers
OVER THE FUCKING LINE.
Don't you know, this is /m/, home of cat owning, Vanilla Coke drinking, robophilic contributors to society!!!

>slapping Zeons with their cocks
Isn't this a really elaborate form of non-traditional Zeon wank? In that the Feds are using the Zeeks to wank themselves off?
Nah, Zeonwnak is 4/10 trash.
>>
File: excuse me.jpg (141 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
excuse me.jpg
141 KB, 1440x1080
>>14398224
That's because it would be you filthy spacenoid.
>>
>>14397744
>Soredemo
>demo means "but"
>but sounds like butt
>Sore means uncomfortable, irritated, pained
>Sore=hurt
Soredemo=butthurt
>>
What could they even adapt that would fit the format well?
I'd have said Thunderbolt before but they've gone for short episodes instead. There's a snowball's chance in hell we're getting a Sentinel adaptation. Crossbone and Astray are probably better suited for a TV series.
>>
>>14398095
It's not the story as a whole, it's that the last episodes are so terrible that they ruin the rest.
>>
>>14398118
I didn't think they were really traveling through time, but I will agree, the Neo-Zeong fight was just complete garbage.

For me the focus of Unicorn was what I liked the most. Personally I thought it was about the struggles of the younger generations being passed onto the next generation, even if they would rather not be involved. Unicorn did a fairly good job of this. Banagher was a massive pussy, but he was just trying to figure out why and for who he was fighting. The biggest criticism is that it is reusing a theme that Zeta and Victory used, but I thought the presentation in a more optimistic light than the other examples sufficiently justified the reuse of the theme.

>>14398332
I liked it. Although I don't mind space magic and a few asspulls if it builds towards the theme. I actually think it is understandable to find the McGuffin chase pretty lame. It's doubtful that the rock had the power to leverage the government, but if no one actually knew what "Laplace's box" was it sorta makes sense for people to want to keep the actual "contents" of the box secret.
>>
The next installment will be a reanimation of the Original series. The producer already said they'd consider it if Origin does well. Well guess what: Origin is a fucking cash cow. Guess we're getting a reanimation of th eoriginal next for the 40th anniversary.
>>
>>14398384
Fuck yes. You think it will be a TV series or will they cut or speed up some content and do an OVA?
>>
>>14398289
Original story following Amuros exploits as part of karaba.
WHEN
>>
>>14398289
S E N T I N E L
E
N
T
I
N
E
L
>>14398384
Only if it's 2d. I'm not even a 3d hater, but I really dislike Origin's cg.
>>
>>14397801
>not coming close to unicorns story
you say that like it's a bad thing, fuck Unicorn. The Origin is like the Star wars prequels done right.
>>
>>14398384
I thought, in response to Origin doing well, they were going to do the Battle of Loum. Not saying what you're saying isn't true, but the next installment?
>>
>>14398428

The next installment is Loum, however he said that they'd redo the original if the sales warrant it and the interest was there. Loum sort of was always going to be a stand alone event. It has to be. It's the most important battle of the OYW
>>
>>14398446
>standalone
Are we sure it's the one episode? Just looking up online articles that specifically say "the Loum arc"
>>
>>14398402
I wanna see a story about Amuro's Londo Bell unit, from the perspective of one of the standard pilots as they try to survive with a legendary captain and commander throwing them headfirst into the most dangerous situations.
>>
>>14398488
Standalone as in separate entry from the Char and Says stuff not a single ep. >>14398570
Clearly youre not familiar with Gundam history. There wasn't much excitement for them before Char other than inspecting colonies. Plus Londo Bell isn't that old anyways.
>>
>>14398581
Ahh ok, either way I'm eager to see what they cook up
>>
>>14398278
Kek
>>
File: green_pepper (1).jpg (36 KB, 674x400) Image search: [Google]
green_pepper (1).jpg
36 KB, 674x400
>>14397744
Would it be possible to at least just have a Gundam UC manga focusing on Mari's days as a pilot for the Sleeves before Banana came and ruined everything for her? ;___;
>>
A story where the Re-GZ Custom is made
>>
>>14400592
A manga chronicling her days as an industrial grade, underage cum dumpster; ravaged daily by swarms of eager pedos would be better, Anon
>>
>>14400704
Fuck you anon but I guess it's okay to have some of that in the first few chapters in order to make her rescue more heartfelt and powerful.

But other than that I'd really love to see little things like how she got the bellpepper, fighting with the Sleeves for the first time, being cared for by the crew, becoming friends with Mineva (though I doubt they were really friends in the first place, Mineva treats her like shit) and being treated to ice cream for the first time ;____;
>>
>>14400592

I don't think Marida would characterize her time with Banagher as ruining her, because as you said in >>14400933, she never seemed particularly happy prior to that point, where she actually seemd happy occasionally once she'd met Banagher. She was just kind of stoic for the first few episodes, and it was only once she started hanging around with him she began smiling a bit.

She's gone though. Peronally I'd love to see a manga story about yet another Puru clone that pilots suits, eats ice cream and gets a happy end. [/spoiler]And not the kind of happy end Marida got by letting Riddhe penetrate her.[/spoiler]
>>
Needs an OVA bridging more Z-ZZ stuff. Chars escape, maybe him tracking down Kamille and his reaction to veggie boy, Wong losing his shit and beating people up after hearing about how the Raddish and a ton of their pilots were lost, Haman like actually doing things outside of marshmallowy flashbacks.
>>
>>14400986
>She's gone though. Peronally I'd love to see a manga story about yet another Puru clone that pilots suits, eats ice cream and gets a happy end.

Didn't Judau rescue another Puru clone that escaped Neo Zeon in Gundam Evolve?
>>
>>14401043

Why the hell would Wong care about the Radish?
>>
>>14401184
Could have been Marida, she gets saved from the slaughter - but having no survival skills nor marketable skills other than making stuff go Pew Pew Pew - ends up being whored out until breaking point.
>>
>>14398418
>star wars prequels done right
>by sucking off char and making the UC revolve around him
no origin is shit,not as shit as destiny, butit's still pretty bad at times
>>
>>14401201
>Why the hell would Wong care about the Radish?
Ships black box was recovered, he learns of the assinine reason it went down, proceeds to go apeshit on the nearest AEUG member in sight. It's not that he cares specifically about that ship, more that from what we've seen of him he goes bananas at even the slightest un-military-like conduct. Dude would go mental after hearing they lost a ship to protect a single pilot who then died anyway.
>>
File: Yazan be violating.jpg (36 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
Yazan be violating.jpg
36 KB, 500x570
>>14401298
>Implying Yazan wouldn't have jobbed the Radish regardless.
The great Violator does not give two fucks who he shoots, just so long as he gets to shoot something
>>
>>14403963
I bet his escape capsule took out some suits on its way to shangri-la.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.