[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best subs for this show now? Is it just Central
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: gundamx.jpg (47 KB, 225x315) Image search: [Google]
gundamx.jpg
47 KB, 225x315
What are the best subs for this show now? Is it just Central Anime and Hero Legends? Which is better?
>>
>>14397327
Central Anime, although Right Stuf's sets may likely be better.
>>
>>14397333

Have those been released yet? If not I may put the show off until they are.
>>
>>14397393
They have and they're fantastic
>>
>>14397333
>Right Stuf's sets may likely be better.
Not very likely. Some Anon has them, supposedly they're fucking terrible. Full of localisations and modern colloquialisms that doesn't fit the show in anyway whatsoever, apparently.
I'd stick with CA - they're absolutely brilliantly consistent. Can't really go wrong with them.
>>
>>14397441
>Full of localisations and modern colloquialisms that doesn't fit the show in anyway whatsoever, apparently.
I'd like to see the name of whoever is responsible for this mess, so that they can be properly blamed.
>>
Anyone got that image of Garrod pointing the gun woth Jamil looking swagtastic?
>>
>>14397441
>Full of localisations and modern colloquialisms that doesn't fit the show in anyway whatsoever, apparently.
>>14397465
>I'd like to see the name of whoever is responsible for this mess, so that they can be properly blamed.
I'd like to see proof of this. Screenshots, where?

I've watched over half the series (24/39) via the RS sets and have yet to see such things popup.
>>
>>14397441
Not sure I believe you.
>>
>>14397441

I'm interested in hearing more opinions about this alleged problem with Right Stuf. MyAnimeList has a few complaints for both CA and HL citing inaccuracy or weird phrasing. So now they're all looking about even.
>>
>>14397441
[citation needed]
>>
>>14397675
Incorrect location names, oddball inconsistencies with episode titles. It looks like they didn't quality check the release.
>>
>>14397903
Can you fish up some examples? Not shitting on anybody, and admit I could be oblivious to some dialogue/translation oddities. But the more I see these complaints posted without anything to back them up, the more it just comes off as heresay.
>>
>>14397653
>>14397593
>>14397465
>>14397675

Would love to link the thread, but desustorage is down at the moment and archive.moe won't let me search.

I'll get back to you
>>
>>14397929
Use this https://cuckchan.org/m/
>>
>>14397929
>desustorage is kill
ftfy
kekchan is new home
>>
As someone who watched all 3 sets of subs, the differences between all 3 versions are actually pretty minor.

Go with the official subs, there 'are' some bits of localization here and there, but the overall subs are as accurate as any official sub is ever going to be. Nothing that's added actually detracts from the show's tone, you only notice it if you...

1. Know Japanese.
2. Have seen at least one of the other versions.

I know this show's script about as well as anybody on /m/, and I can assure you that the official subs are fine. The only truly bad official subs we've ever had were the first Zeta set (which were fixed later) and to a lesser extent... Wing's subs have always had some issues.
>>
>>14398022

Also, when I say "Know Japanese" I don't mean in the sense that what's translated isn't a version of what's being said, it's just some odd word choices rather liberal word choices than something being completely wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>14397441
Do the ZZ Gundam blu rays use Puru or the correct name Ple? This is very important for my purchase.
>>
>>14398022
Yeah considering they butchered the Frost brothers sense of aesthetics for something more dumbed down and unsettling isn't something you'd call "just fine" for subs.
>>
>>14398050
>they butchered the Frost brothers sense of aesthetics for something more dumbed down and unsettling
[citation needed]
>>
>>14398053

There was a discussion on MechaTalk about some of the changes. Further analysis seems to have been done offline by those two.

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=382820#p382820

Episode 8, English subtitles have the Frost brothers talking about their style. Japanese term means aesthetics. Since the Frost brothers have an appreciation of beauty and taste, saying style comes off as lazy, me thinks.
>>
>>14398189
oh shit I remember that thread bitching about aesthetics vs the other thing
that was autistic as fuck
>>
>>14398189
So, the Frost brothers aren't a e s t h e t i c anymore?
DROPPED.

If someone can get the rightstuf subs uploaded somewhere, I'll take a look through them in the upcoming months when my buddies get to X, and tweak as we go.
>>
>>14398039
Right on the back of the first sets boxes episode listing:
>19 Ple and Axis
>>
Wait, are Right Stuff's not blu-rays? I just assumed they were.
>>
>>14398285
0079, Zeta, ZZ, CCA, BF, and BF Try are dvd & bd.

Unicorn (RS release), X and Turn A are dvd-only.
>>
>>14398285
For that, X would have gotten a remaster first. This ain't a Samurai Pizza Cats case.
>>
>>14398221
>that was autistic as fuck

And so are you.
>>
>>14398262
>>14398189
>wanting shitty tumblr memes in your anime
>>
>>14398362
>a e s t h e t i c s
>tumblr
DOH!
>>
>>14398310

Thanks for the info, I didn't even know they were doing that. The only 480ps I can find use Central Anime subs. I'm not even sure if they're Right Stuff's. Maybe I'll just roll with it.
>>
>>14398310
What about G-Reco?
>>
>>14401123
It hasn't popped up on their release schedule yet. Currently we only know releases through September (Try, CCA). Assumedly any series which has a bd release in japan will also get one here.
>>
>>14397441
Broke jackasses will look for any reason to justify themselves. It's no wonder they gave up on Gundam in the west for a long time.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.