[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started ZZ despite warnings to skip it. Luckily the mood
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: muh haman sama.jpg (10 KB, 300x429) Image search: [Google]
muh haman sama.jpg
10 KB, 300x429
Just started ZZ despite warnings to skip it.
Luckily the mood whiplash didn't affect me too much as I rewatched 0079 tv series instead of movies after finishing Zeta.

Im enjoying Mashymres appearance so far.
>>
I want to like ZZ but all the characters are one dimensional and boring. Even if you disagreed with the way characters acted in Zeta at least they were interesting.

I think my problem is that I watch Gundam for the characters and not the robots.
>>
>>14396889
Just remember that Gottn and his team are all just as much rookies as Judau and his friends are. As Judau becomes better at piloting, so will the Axis forces he fights.
>>
>>14396889
This man achieves success
Muh Haman sama actually gets somewhat sad when he gets plugged. For getting something out of her that ain't "gloat" or "contempt", he deserves a fucking medal.
>>
>>14396941
I feel for Gottn, he's the one sane guy amongst a throng of idiots.
>>
>>14396889
Stick to it, fellow earthnoid. It will be worth it. Mashymres is one my favourite characters in the entire show.
>>
Mashymre saves the first 10 episodes. I kept watching just for him.

>>14397208
I recall her being pretty indifferent.
>>
I'm a couple episodes in

The tone shift put me off at first, but I still think the setup is hilarious.

The kid with almost no idea how to pilot Zeta fumbling his way through his first real battle alive due to the sheer idiocy of the villain, who won't even close his cockpit and refuses to use "dishonorable tactics"

(despite being, yknow, fuckin Zeon)

But the best part is Bright knowing right off the bat that this kid is going to end up replacing Kamille and just letting him try to steal Zeta. He just knows a protagonist when he meets one, now.
>>
>>14400000
>Replying to epic #

Mashemamamwhatever saves the show early on, true dat. The moon moon nonsense where he goes AWOL and until like episode 20, where stuff starts picking up was easily the hardest part to sit through.

>Muh haman
By words alone, ye. Delivery wise? I remember it sounding more like someone ate her pet and she tried to sound indifferent about it.
>>
File: 1462887152261.png (330 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1462887152261.png
330 KB, 640x480
>>14400060
Watching it again I can see that. Haman-sama is complex after all and I guess Mashymre's devotion wasn't for nothing.
>>
>tone shift

>blatant bribery by zeon peeps abounds
>regular civilian threatens a school full of kids
>the good guys literally luring children into becoming soldiers for good meals
>popular upstanding character teetering on the edge of cheating on his wife
>21 years old leader of zeon wants a 14 year olds dick
>literally innocent little sister kidnapped and used as fucking human shield
>best friends convince judau to strap bombs to himself so he can die and they can take center stage

Nope. This is still the same fucked up era as Z where everyone is insane and/or an utter asshat. ZZ just shows different types of fuckery than Z did.
>>
File: 1439934025527-1.jpg (35 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
1439934025527-1.jpg
35 KB, 600x459
>Mashymre will never ever appear in dynasty gundam
>Mashymre will never ever appear in SRW again

it hurts to go on, bros.
>>
>>14396922
This to be honest. I enjoy UC because I enjoy the characters, political climate and newtypes. UC could still be UC to me without the robots, but it couldn't be UC without the characters or newtypes.

For as much as I like mecha it's not the appeal of the Gundam franchise for me.
>>
>>14401514
He *IS* Playable in Extreme Vs Full Boost though! He's bottom-tier, but he's there! He's not even DLC either.

>>14400000
He really does.

>>14400034
Yeah. For me, the first few episodes really made me go WTF. (Especially Ep1. WTF were they thinking? Though it has some good recap) I overall think ZZ is hands down the worst UC Gundam. And honestly, I sometimes feel like I remember it more fondly than I should. It's BAD. Don't get me wrong. And it gets worse. (Moon Moon, anyone, and the most WTF death scene I've ever seen in any anime.) But overall, it has a solid plot, some interesting characters, and has legitimately good chunks. I'd love to see it get a movie compilation with a more serious tone. My headcanon of ZZ is that it's how Judau sees what's happening.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.