[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dauntless Obliterator Magnificent Trooper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11
File: Zgmf-xx09t.jpg (67 KB, 547x855) Image search: [Google]
Zgmf-xx09t.jpg
67 KB, 547x855
Dauntless Obliterator Magnificent Trooper
>>
>>14388521
y'know, I hate how Destiny was so lazy it literally just took designs from UC, but Beam Weapon Dom is pretty grand and never did the good ole purple fatty look as intimidating and dangerous with the possible exception of the Black Tri Stars, and they still lost a guy the first time they showed up.
>>
>>14388521
They literally just wanted an Acronym that said DOM didn't they.
>>
>>14388521
Why didn't they add Trooper into the acronym for DOMT?
>>
>>14388572

I prefer Destiny's ZAKU, GOUF and DOM to the originals personally. They're a nice update of them all, and I don't really care about how lazy it was.

>>14388941

They also didn't speak or really care about the English, so long as it fit and sounded kind of cool.
>>
File: 1466334130826.png (80 KB, 212x213) Image search: [Google]
1466334130826.png
80 KB, 212x213
>Gaurdians Of Unity Forever
>>
File: Dom and Jerry.png (440 KB, 2080x1040) Image search: [Google]
Dom and Jerry.png
440 KB, 2080x1040
>>14388521
>>
>nearly everything in SEED and SEED Destiny has an acronym that stands for something
>except SEED
>>
>>14389130
Superior Evolutionary Element Destined-factor
>>
>>14388521
It's kinda funny that Lacus's guys are the ones running around with Obliterator in their name.
>>
>>14389154
I mean, when your faction owns a Strike Freedom, anything short of Obliterating is just dishonest
>>
>>14388947
Because Dom
>>
>there wasn't a GELGOOG
>>
I think the ZAKU and DOM are alright.
GOUF Ignited is nasty though.
>>
>>14389173
> Strike Freedom
> Strike, meaning to attack or hit. Attacking or hitting freedom.
> Kira's peace isgunboat diplomacy.

> Pottery
>>
>>14389259
To be fair most sensible people know "Jesus" Yamato is a mary-sue during Destiny. FFS he's supposed to be a closet representation of Japan
>>
>>14389322
>closet representation
Kira YAMATO
Fukuda is a master of subtlety.
>>
>>14388572
>Destiny was so lazy it literally just took designs from UC
They have excuse with 2004 was Gundam 25th anniversary. So you know, tributes, references, throwback etc. Though I'd rather stop at at Char's and Kycilia's VA returned. That's enough for a tribute.
>>
>>14388521
I actually liked the DOMs more than the monsters of two weeks like the original Doms were. DOMs actually killed stuffand had a Jet Stream Attack that actually worked.
>>
File: 134.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
>>14389322
> SEED was supposed to be a reimagined 0079.
> 0079 has the Zeon faction, representative of Imperialist Japan, as the bad guys. Despite this, they are very popular resulting in Zeon-wank.
> SEED has Orb, Fukuda's idealized Japan ruled by royalty and called the Land of Peace.
> It's main character fights for Orb with a name indicitive of the dominant Japanese ethnicity.
> SEED is often derided for being "fuck yeah Japan"

Why do I get the feeling SEED was super popular because Japan was the good guys?
>>
Seed DOMs are pretty cool, so are the Seed ZAKUs but those don't shine as much as the ace zakus either do nothing or fucked off after a few sorties, while the grunt units are straight out jobbers.
>>
>>14389422

It isn't. It's popular because it has Kira and/or Lacus, not because the viewers cared about Orb/Japan/Zeon.
>>
>>14389141
where's the F?
>>
>>14389559
It's referred to as SEED Factor in publications. Basically, those with it will guide human evolution or some shit.
>>
>>14389433
plus the DOMs Amuro'd some poor ZAFT mook too (jump on top of a ZAKU's head as the latter was trying to swipe at the former). Plus the DOM Troopers were Wizard capable (if only the series would show that)
>>
>>14389239
>Glorious
>Energy
>Laser
>Ground
>Operation
>Obliterating
>Giant

The real shame is that we never got a
>Knightly
>Assault
>Mechanized
>Production
>Flight
>Equipped
>Reaver

Okay, Kampfer was way harder than Gelgoog.
>>
>>14389704
>tfw no GYAN
>>
A college student in China, Yao Lijin, won a National Essay Writing contest in 2014 for an essay comparing Gundam SEED to the Sino-Japan relations, how it opened young eyes to thinking about the meaning of war, and hopes for an eternal peace ending the strained relations.
>>
>>14390047
How many officials did he bribe?
>>
File: 1343521589490.jpg (15 KB, 476x356) Image search: [Google]
1343521589490.jpg
15 KB, 476x356
>>14390047
>won a National Essay Writing contest in 2014 for an essay comparing Gundam SEED to the Sino-Japan relations
>Gundam SEED
>>
>>14390135
> "If we start by focusing on the small things, I think bilateral relations will improve. I pray for lasting peace, just like the ending of my favorite Japanese anime."
> Yao Lijin

1) SEED ignored the lore of the Cosmic era, dumbing down the war to being driven by mindless racism. What about ZAFT fighting for independence or the EA nations fighting to regain control of their manufacturing centers as well as the crippling effects of the N-Jammers?

2) A peace that lasted 2 years, unless you mean Destiny which ends with Kira intending to act as world police. And again. Not a chance it's going to last.
>>
>>14389355
It's one thing to tribute (see every green monoeye-ish Zaku equivalent ever) and another to actually just take OYW MS wholesale, maybe update their art a little and slap them into your series. That's not a tribute, that's being fucking lazy.
>>
I haven't watched either SEED, but why does Kira become a ZAFT officer in the end? I thought that he was fighting them in both series, along with the EA he betrayed. IHell, don't they become bad again with Durandal and Shinn? s it because he's porking Lacus?
>>
>>14390194

>Sino-Japanese

So who represents the chinks ? Assuming Orb are nips.
>>
>>14390673
Its because of shitty writing
>>
>>14390633
aside from vague similarities (e.g., power pipes and color schemes) and having superficially similar weapons, it's kind of bullshit to call a ZAKU a slightly revised MS-06

their body proportions and shapes/curves aren't even the same
>>
>>14390725
The ZAKU's fairly unique.
The GOUF just got a backpack and SEED weapons.
The DOM got different proportions, it's sort of like a Dreissen.
>>
>>14390744
the ZAKU is basically someone gave a Geara Doga the CE treatment after crossbreeding it with the Hizack.
>>
>>14390748
That's a lot more unique than just another Zaku.
>>
>>14389704
>SEED 3 with HIZACKs and mass produced SAZABIs never
>The new protag won't be like the CE version of Mufti/Hathaway Noa
>New MSs won't be bigger and have psycho frames or something akin to psycommu technology
>New lead's MS won't have something akin to moonlight butterfly
>>
>>14388521
Gravity Underwear Digging Against Myskin
>>
>>14390785
You wanna hear my honest opinion about that
It would probably be shit like Destiny
>>
>>14390675
Zaft.
>>
>>14390786
You forgot the N you idiot
>>
>>14390789
It would depend on who would be writing it, since Chiaki's gone they could get any writer that Fukuda wanted. In a dream world where a new SEED or in the very least a new CE series exists the writer could be Toshiki Inoue because I want to see a Gundam freefall into water dammit
>>
>>14390791

>Zaft are chinks
>Coordinators are chinks
>Kira Yamato is the ultimate chink

4deep6me
>>
>>14389422
SEED is essentially the Jap 'MURICA FUCK YEAH' of Gundam.
>>
>>14390673
IMHO, if you look at SEED and Destiny, Fukuda shows a heavy anti-Earth bias. Yes, Tomino's UC has it own "Earth is evil" moments, but not as extreme as CE
>>
File: imgout.jpg (34 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
imgout.jpg
34 KB, 300x400
>>14390128
*she
>>
>>14390673
Nepotism. Sweet, sweet nepotism. Lacus also makes Yzak a member of the council, while Dearka gets promoted to white coat.

Just like how Cagalli made him an admiral.
>>
>>14394258
i want to see another SEED series where ZAFT became a strong faction, yet nepotistic and corrupt.....just like UC's EF
>>
>>14389422

You forgot turning the token Federation stand-in, the Earth Alliance, into a super evil group that was meant to be a horrible, "horrible critique" of the USA during the Second Gulf War.
>>
>>14390725
>their body proportions and shapes/curves aren't even the same

That's because Okawara's art obviously changed during the decades between 0079 and SEED.
>>
>>14394296
Just do a show that has Lacus and Kira trying to make the world peaceful through armed force, without caring about why people are fighting or what they're fighting for, only for the nations of the world to condemn them as dictators.
>>
>>14388521
For all the issues SEED had, I actually like their retakes on the classic MS, such as the Doms and Goufs.

Though I still wish they did a few more originals that are similar in spirit but different in design, such as how the GuAIZ were Gelgoog analogs.
>>
>>14394952
So basically you want them to do exactly what fucking Durandal was doing.
>too bad Gundam Musou 2 beat you to the "canon evil Lacus" thing
>>
>>14394767
you sound like those jackasses who kept insisting the VF-0 was intended to be just a VF-1 with longer legs and canonically that was how the VF-1 currently looked
>>
File: Original Name - Gundam SAGA.jpg (39 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
Original Name - Gundam SAGA.jpg
39 KB, 600x412
>>14390673
Kira became a ZAFT officer at Lacus' request. Yzak, Shiho, and Dearka are made members of her elite guard, with Yzak also taking his mother's place as a Councilman.

If you noticed the uniforms in that one shot of the original crew at the end of Destiny (don't have the image available ATM), Athrun has on a high-ranking Orb officer's coat, and became Cagalli's personal general.
>>
>>14395186
Aren't they already?
>>
>>14395188
you sound like a huge retard
>>
>>14389422

Don't forget the brave Orb forces being forced to do wicked things against their will and bravely kamikazing and dying for the sake of their great nation, like Japan really wishes is what everyone thinks they were doing in WW2.
>>
>>14390673

Because Lacus is running Zaft and he's her bodyguard/partner. If she's running Zaft that's where he goes too.

He'd probably rather be in Orb personally, but he follows his pink one.
>>
>>14395255

Not really. They are slightly nicer than Durandal, who in the end gave into supervillainy and started using doom lasers like Zala and EA before him, and also who really had no interest in letting anyone who be a problem or unknown variable live (ie blowing up the EA remnants the instant they didn't sign on with him and then targeting Orb). Kira and Lacus are more willing to work with people than Durandal was, hence them not just executing Shinn or tossing him in jail because he doesn't like Orb, but trying to work with him. And also not using doom lasers to cause mass destruction.
>>
>>14398321
>Kira and Lacus are more willing to work with people than Durandal was, hence them not just executing Shinn or tossing him in jail because he doesn't like Orb, but trying to work with him. And also not using doom lasers to cause mass destruction.

That's how they're meant to come off, but not how they're executed anon. Kira and Lacus, you have to realize, are freaking terrorists in Destiny. Kidnapping Cagalli, the head of state, is a terrorist act. Attacking battlefields to save the lives of Orb soldiers, that's terrorism. Attacking a spaceport to steal a shuttle, you guessed it terrorism. They NEVER tried to talk things out beforehand, just attacking people to get whatever the hell they wanted. Hell, this is the type of shit SRW calls them out on.

And then you look at their arsenal. They use illegal weapons without any restraint in these acts. Now, how does this happen? The official canon is Lacus set up a fucking spy network that steals all the good shit they have. Strike Freedom? That was something ZAFT locked up because they wanted to follow the treaty, yet you're little terrorists decide to nick it so they could use it. And really, if you analyze Terminal's actions it's shady as all fuck. After all, all she's doing is passing around stolen classified intel to various factions as well as amassing her own faction to back her up.

And in the end, Kira's whole solution is not to deal with the problems of the Cosmic Era. No no, he simply is going to go in guns ablazing whenever fighting breaks out and force everyone to play nice. Same fucking principal as the doom laser mate, using force to make the world do what you want. The "peace" at the end of Destiny is nothing more than Kira fighting everyone that steps out of line.

> But Shinn...

Yeah, try fucking doing that. What war crimes did Shinn commit? Attacking enemy combatants? If Lacus started trying to pull that shit, can you say Caligula? How about Victor's Law?
>>
File: 1234192842593.jpg (3 MB, 3269x2647) Image search: [Google]
1234192842593.jpg
3 MB, 3269x2647
>>14399027
But the thing is, Lacus was never not recognized as a non-ZAFT/non-PLANT entity. Hell, the Eternal was STILL registered as an official ZAFT warship that Yzak easily used to justify teaming up with them, and not one of his men complained. Mind you, these are men and women who were assigned to his command by Durandal himself, so it's not like all of them had prior loyalty to Clyne and company.

Durandal used Lacus' image in Meer to try and sell his side. Durandal basically left the door wide open for Lacus to step into with his reliance on her popularity to sell. So when the real one steps in, and in command of the same ship she disappeared in, much of ZAFT feels more betrayed by the fake Lacus and Durandal.

Also, Cagalli's kidnapping was sanctioned by elements of Orb's own. So it's not exactly terrorism when citizens make off with an official; it's instead a civil war. Oh sure, they could deny it's actually Cagalli, and in fact, they did, but doing so now allowed them to operate freely against Orb rather than play the usual political civil war game. And even in exile, the Archangel was still considered an Orb unit when the remnant Orb MS force ended up docking on the Archangel without question from their captain as his ship sank.

Terminal on the other hand, could be considered a legitimate 3rd party and illuminati-like in their intent to control world peace through information, although they did prove to have the military/industrial capability to build and maintain top of the line mobile suit and warship technologies. Now they're Lacus' personal NSA/CIA-like force.
>>
>>14399205
>Durandal used Lacus' image in Meer to try and sell his side. Durandal basically left the door wide open for Lacus to step into with his reliance on her popularity to sell. So when the real one steps in, and in command of the same ship she disappeared in, much of ZAFT feels more betrayed by the fake Lacus and Durandal.

This right here. You don't get to drag someones image and name into the war by making them the lynchpin of your campaign with a fake and then cry foul when the real deal actually gets involved since you tossed them into it in the first place.
>>
>>14399027
>That's how they're meant to come off, but not how they're executed anon. Kira and Lacus, you have to realize, are freaking terrorists in Destiny. Kidnapping Cagalli, the head of state, is a terrorist act. Attacking battlefields to save the lives of Orb soldiers, that's terrorism. Attacking a spaceport to steal a shuttle, you guessed it terrorism.

People love to throw the terrorist title at them, as if terrorism is inheritly a bad thing and that only Kira and Lacus in the grand scheme of Gundam are terrorists.

Even though the majority of Gundam protagonists are terrorists by definition. And even then that's only if you through in real life laws like they have to be the same in the Gundam universe.

Example, why is AEUG supposedly legit but Terminal are shady terrorists? Because a bunch of rich colony people are backing the AEUG? Same with Terminal. Because former military people are in it? Same with Terminal.
>>
>>14403316
To some, terrorist is a synonym for freedom fighter.
>>
File: All Zakus All the Time.jpg (2 MB, 2818x2050) Image search: [Google]
All Zakus All the Time.jpg
2 MB, 2818x2050
Zeon
Assault
Kommando
Unit
>>
>>14401492
>>14399205
What gets me is why the Super-Genius Gilbert would try to use Lacus's image while she's still alive, and still after a supposed-hit-on-her-life was him was botched. Like she couldn't just get on TV ANYWHERE at ANYTIME and say "I don't know who the fuck that is, I'm the real Lacus, here's X and Y as proof".

To me, it's like turning in someone's book report that you have to read aloud in front of the class. I think the guy you stole it from is going to fucking notice that you're reading his report back to him, and might have something to say about it.

No matter how I think about it, this is a pretty bone-headed idea, and it really relies on a bunch of people being stupid, or slow to act to make a move, because at the end of the day, it's going to fall apart.
I mean, let's not even get started on how Athrun reacted to the whole "let's slip Meer into his room and tell him it'll be okay" shit.

Jesus Christ, this story is for morons.
>>
>>14403531
Zeon
American
Killing
Unit
>>
>>14403316
Because the the Titans have already done enough terrible shit for enough people to want to form a militia against them, not a single ship acting on it's own accord.

Also, the AEUG doesn't go waiting for, and picking specific battles for the specific reason of "these guys are here, and we want to keep them out of trouble", when the issue of Orb being brought into the EA is a lot more nuanced than just that, get Cagaili to shout at them at the right time.

What would they do if Orb's military had been completely absorbed into the EA and split up?
It's pretty apparent that they didn't really have a plan, and if you look behind the writing, it's just a lame way to keep the new and old cast at odds with each other.
>>
>>14403605
Durandal probably thought that Lacus would just stay in hiding or running. I mean, he had influence and authority and if the real Lacus came up without sufficient proof (the Eternal itself really, as that's the most ironclad symbol of Lacus Clyne EVERYONE saw her take off with it in the first war and it's in her unmistakeable color), he could possibly use his charisma to make everyone believe she was the fake.

Yeah, on one hand he was stupid to not just go with a new songstress if he wanted to try and rouse the jaded ZAFT forces and PLANT citizens. On the other, using Lacus was a free pass, as her reputation was already built up. But then again, he had 2 fucking years to raise a new idol, starting right from when the war ended and Eternal disappeared off to who knew where.

At any rate, the idea of using a fake was interesting, but it was poorly executed. Then again, Hollywood has done the same shit in some movies with plot holes just as terrible.
>>
>>14403605

Well Durandal didn't really have a choice. The time to execute his plan was then, when EA started the war up again. He had to roll out Meer right then and worked from there, even after the assasination failed otherwise he'd have to go without her.

Why Lacus doesn't immediately get on the line and expose her is weird though, but I guess you could say they were afraid he'd track their broadcast to AA's hidey hole in Scandinavia, and Eternal and the factory. She waits until Orb is back under Cagalli's control and all the factory MS's are finished before she outs herself so maybe that's what she was waiting for.
>>
>>14404338
>>14403781
Yeah, but Gilbert has supposedly been running this plans for years. It really wouldn't be too hard for him to just create his own superstar, since Lacus is gone. Even if she's not as influential, he wouldn't have to worry about if he's going to be exposed or not with a fake. I mean, let's not even try to think about the stupidity of trying to have Athrun and Meer continue this fake relationship that he knows is bullshit.

The whole plan of his relies on the hope that Lacus is just going to sit around doing nothing, or at least long enough for him to get his chance to axe her. With ZAFT mobile suits no less.
Hmm, I wonder who everyone is going to think was behind it it....ZAFT?

It doesn't make any sense, because the risk is literally too great. She could have spoiled his plans as soon as Meer got on stage for the first time. Are we supposed to believe that he was hoping that Lacus wouldn't do nothing until she got killed? It wouldn't have been too hard for her to waltz in somewhere, even before the Jonas throw Orb at the EA and explain that some shit is going down

On the surface level, it seems great, but if you put any amount of thought into it, and then it shows itself to be some sort of plan you'd expect to see on Ed, Ed'n Eddy
>>
>>14394952
>ITS ONLY OK WHEN CELESTIAL BEING DOES IT
>>
>>14404991
>Ed, Ed'n Eddy
Didn't Kira's and Athrun's dub VAs provide voices for that show?

>>14403781
On the subject of Meer: Is she bigger than Lacus, or the same size but with clothing to look bigger?
>>
>>14405116
Meer is bigger indeed. Even before she got any cosmetic operation.
>>
File: 1277262796157.jpg (55 KB, 576x850) Image search: [Google]
1277262796157.jpg
55 KB, 576x850
>>14405116
>On the subject of Meer: Is she bigger than Lacus, or the same size but with clothing to look bigger?
According to a "What's the Difference" chart that was in an NT scan around Destiny's time, Meer is officially larger by 1 bust size. The scan literally boxed Meer's bust in an inset and mentioned Meer is slightly bigger.

Lacus' own highlighted bust is 1 size smaller, and she wears her clothing more conservatively in most cases.
>>
>>14398305
>Don't forget the brave Orb forces being forced to do wicked things against their will and bravely kamikazing and dying for the sake of their great nation, like Japan really wishes is what everyone thinks they were doing in WW2.

That only makes sense if Japan was fighting Hirohito during WW2
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.