[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: image.jpg (649 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
649 KB, 2560x1440
Is Halo /m/ enough yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (764 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
764 KB, 2560x1440
>>
>>14386606
>>14386609
I hate Halo's visuals
>>
>>14386606
I fucking hate 343. They ruined a good visual aesthetic by mucking it up with all kinds of flashlights and greeblage.
>>
>>14386606
I hate everything Halo represents, as a game, as a franchise, everything. I want it to die.
>>
>>14386614
>a good visual aesthetic
it was never good
>>
>>14386656
This. Visenpai is an ugly mecha.
>>
>>14386666
everything from Halo is ugly

yes, including Cortana
>>
>>14386672
>not checking Super Satan's sick sixes.
Maybe they'll lube up the pitchfork's center prong.
Also you're gay, but I guess that's par for the course on /m/.
>>14386666
Welp.
>>
File: 1409630785545.jpg (40 KB, 562x437) Image search: [Google]
1409630785545.jpg
40 KB, 562x437
>>14386606
>it's just a giant Grunt
>>
Is it just supposed to be a robot grunt?
>>
>>14386606
looks toriyama
>>
File: 1771884-gallery.png (600 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1771884-gallery.png
600 KB, 1280x720
>>14386606
How do you go from this to that?
>>
File: 1462997134813.jpg (40 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1462997134813.jpg
40 KB, 550x512
>>14388568
343 that's how
>>
>>14388655
To be fair Bungie didn't design that mecha IIRC, that's how that studio interpreted the description of the Mk1.
>>
>>14388684
yeah but bungie's armor designs were nice and simple, they didn't try to cram loads of "detailing" everywhere
>>
>>14388684
Yeah, it was designed by Shinji Aramaki.
>>
>>14388568
Actually people bitched about this one too. That it's either a !NotJegan or "They just made the armor bigger!"
>>
>>14388715
Agreed. I think the big issue with 343's designs is that they're trying to make them too organic. ODST armor was quite clearly armor. Earlier Mjolnir armor was again quite clearly armor. In Reach, the Spartan IIIs got sick of shittier standard armor and started slapping on scavenged parts themselves. The Bungie Warthog was simple and clean, as were all of the UNSC weapons. 343 is DUDE MESH JUMPSUITS AND ORGANIC SHAPES LMAO
>>
>>14388720
>That it's either a !NotJegan or "They just made the armor bigger!"
It doesn't resemble a Jegan and no shit the Mk I is going to just be a larger version of the armor. What else would it be?
>>
File: 1463695178127.jpg (71 KB, 330x217) Image search: [Google]
1463695178127.jpg
71 KB, 330x217
>>14388732
my man
>>
Halo has been /m/ since the start anon.
>>
>>14388732
Just contrast Halo 3's Assault Rifle to Halo 4/5's.
A simple, clean design ruined by needless panelling and greebling.
>>
File: 1465379663714.jpg (196 KB, 342x692) Image search: [Google]
1465379663714.jpg
196 KB, 342x692
>>14388748
GM?
>>14388787
>A simple, clean design ruined by needless panelling and greebling.
Just like fucking Titanfall.
>>
>>14388839
Titanfall's issue is that they're still partway between eastern and western design, so they have ugliness like the giant torso-head monstrosity of a central body. Pilots are supposed to be aces, let the Titans be flashy.
>>
I kind of miss the fuel rod cannon

Have some good memories with it, from a decade ago

Time flies
>>
File: Halo_Reach_-_TotS_Pelican.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Halo_Reach_-_TotS_Pelican.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>14386656
naw fuck you nigga.

OG bungee halo was like the absolute pinnacle of perfectly nondescript mil-scifi aesthetic.

It did nothing new, hell, most of it was aped off aliens. But it was aped pretty fucking well.

Like the pelican is pretty much the perfect generic dropship. fite me, fucker.
>>
>>14388862
Wait, is there no Fuel Rod in 5? The FUCK?
>>
>>14388879

I loved, and still like the Pelican if there was a mandatory "fly the Pelican around" stage in every game I'd probably play Halo more
>>
>>14388852
I do like the new Cyclops (or whatever the fuck its going to be called) in Halo Wars 2, its actually a somewhat interesting design choice, kinda reminds me of KMFs and Arms Slaves
>>
>>14388895
>>14388862
...The fuel rod cannon is still in the game.
>>
>>14388568
It's a mech for grunts. Only for grunts.
>>
>>14388927
I find it interesting that they've gone from the big hulking design to the nimble, weaponised version.
>>
Man I just wanted some brute hammer bros as mythic bosses, running around with their temporary invincibility while send everyone flying.
>>
>>14389035
Its probably a hybrid design of the Cyclops and the Hrunting/Yggdrasil Mark 1, its really fucking cool looking and I hope to god they use styles similar to Halo Wars 2 in Halo 6 because goddamn it actually looks like Bungie!Halo again.
>>
>>14386606
Is that a grunt in a suit?
>>
>>14389504
Yeah, it's a Mecha Grunt piloted by a Grunt
>>
File: 02+Lum+not+impressed.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
02+Lum+not+impressed.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>14389506
You've got to be shitting me
>>
>>14389518
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1466626241586.webm
>>
>>14389518
Its basically a shittier version of a scopedog made by the Grunts
>>
File: HReach-MgalekgoloHunter (1).png (2 MB, 1536x1900) Image search: [Google]
HReach-MgalekgoloHunter (1).png
2 MB, 1536x1900
I was going to make a Halo thread icidentally but I'll post here instead.

What is /m/'s thoughts on Halo in general?

>yfw Hunters and Scarabs are technically mechs since both are just mechanical combat suits being piloted by lekgolo colonies

>>14389518
It's non canon

>>14386644
I'd bet 10$ you know nothing about what you are talking about

>>14388787
I think Halo 4/5's assault rifle is fine. It's literally less overdeisnged then Reach's and bungie made that, and reach's tacticool UNSC weapon visual design is closest to what the books have always had.

>>14389358
Don't get your hopes up. Both H2A single player and multiplayer uses the old bungie art style despite them having their own models and textures compared to each other but Halo 5 used 343i's.
>>
>>14395515
I see Halo as a game created by Windows which represents 99% of all modern sci-fi shooters, and that means boring as shit to me. It created and epitomized, in its time, the casual shooter gamer, and I view it as a cash cow to boot. I also hate all /v/ discussions, so that helps. Enjoy your $10.
>>
>>14395524
Well, there's a lot wrong with your post.

Halo started off as a Mac game and it was only turned into an MS thing late into devolpment. Sci fi shooters haven't been popular in years, it's all modern and near future shit and has been for almost a decade now, and even back in the day halo wasn't generic, but it's certainly not generic now (it actually uses the entire color spectrum, has consistently prioritized having many game modes and user created content and modularity, actually has lore and backstory worth a damn, is an arena shooter vs whatever the fuck you call CoD and BF, etc)

>It created and epitomized, in its time, the casual shooter gamer,

I'd argue this is more of a result of games trying to copy halo then halo itself. Halo didn't even have health regen, for instance, that was shit that got popular due to games trying to copy halo and failing due to not understanding the naunce of it's shield and health systems.
>>
>>14395576
What'd I say about that $10?
>>
>>14395515
>What is /m/'s thoughts on Halo in general?
3 is GOAT.
Now that we've got those TWO SCARABS I REPEAT TWO SCARABS out of the way:
The setting is (was) just this perfect pastiche of all the generic sci-fi I grew up reading.

I really have some bones to grind with how mismanaged all of the development and execution of 5 was.
I did thoroughly enjoy the Arena though. Warzone was garbage.

4 was interesting, and I think they had set up some very neat things, but just failed to go anywhere with them. Might've been the best voice acted Halo too. I greatly enjoyed SpOps, probably more than the rest of the game.

Firefight on Reach constitute some of my fonder memories of the franchise, and sys link parties with friends in 3 were the stuff of legends. Also, Reach's armor design was god-tier. (please, oh please give me those (You)s)

I also really like the Bungie frigate design. Like a lot.

Anyways, I will probably maintain that "The Covenant" is the best level in all of vidya for a very long time.
Only level I think comes close (for me) was the Greek assault on the Erebus gate mission in Age of Mythology.
>>
>>14395630
I'd call you a halo 3 baby but I agree the covenant is the best mission in any SP video game so i'll give you a pass

>I really have some bones to grind with how mismanaged all of the development and execution of 5 was. I did thoroughly enjoy the Arena though. Warzone was garbage

I'm actually super impressed by 5's multiplayer. It's really well balanced and feels great, I just wish it had local play. I enjoy warzone a lot more then I thought I would as well. Probably my favorite Halo MP period after 2/2A

But i've only played maybe 10 hours of halo 5 since it came out due to being busy with IRL shit.

Anyways I meant the lore
>>
File: this is you.jpg (666 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
666 KB, 1280x1024
>>14388879
This nigga gets it.

>>14395524
>It created and epitomized, in its time, the casual shooter

No that would be Golden Eye 007 and Perfect Dark, which are both fantastic games. Seems to me you just suffer from having shit taste. Sad.
>>
>>14395639
>I'm actually super impressed by 5's multiplayer. It's really well balanced and feels great
> Probably my favorite Halo MP period after 2/2A
Yeah, it's really great. The lack of armor customization as it was really killed a lot of my enthusiasm. Still, really great 4 v 4. Might be the first game I've enjoyed Slayer more than any other mode.
Reach was Doubles.

>lore
I think it (was) great. I'm still gonna follow it going forward, but I preferred the sense of mystery and awe that the other games were more interested in impressing upon you. I really like grand setpieces and sweeping orchestral arrangements, and the trilogy had 'em in spades. I actually like the ancient humans thingy, but just not for Halo. Something seems off about it.

I've been playing Destiny lately cause my friend wanted me too, and in contrast the Bungie Halo games had just the *right* answers/questions ratio about their setting, whereas Destiny is just way too empty. Balance is also a nightmare and the aesthetic is so hit or miss. I guess my point being that Halo just got it right.
343 had a chance to do some interesting things, but they fell into some really lazy execution patterns, both on writing and development. People felt it too cause 5 was the worst selling Halo title. I think it was kinda sad that the story the marketing team + Hunt the Truth told was far, far more interesting than the "let's offscreen Chief and his all stars for 3/4 of this game and let the donut steel brigade do some cool things instead and lol Cortana is le villain xD"
Seriously, that game could've 85% followed the same skeleton with some minor changes and ended up great had the donut brigade been absent. The story even had the perfect makings of letting Cortana give the Warden a hard comeuppnce (she could have been using the Chief to weaken the Warden's hold on her--I dunno he co-opted her using Forerunner h4x--and so she needed to play subtle until Chief and Co. could've sorted things out.

/rant
>>
>>14395697
>Hunt the Truth told was far, far more interesting than the "let's offscreen Chief and his all stars for 3/4 of this game and let the donut steel brigade do some cool things instead and lol Cortana is le villain xD"

To be fair all of halo 2 and 3's marketing shit didn't match their stories either.

Anyways, I have no issuesw with cortana as the villian. It's been a long time fucking coming and it handles her being rampant better then 4 did, it's just dumb they killed her off only to bring her back. I hope she dies again (by cheif's hand) and stays dead.
>>
>>14395705
>I have no issuesw with cortana as the villian
I don't either, really. It's just it felt so contrived and telegraphed. I mean, I know it seems so simple now, but all my friends (across 2 decades of age) can all remember that "Whoa" that came with the realization you were actually gonna blow the Ring in 3 during that cutscene.

>I hope she dies again (by cheif's hand)
She'll just get redeemed because 343 can't commit to tragedy.

I'm just in it for the long ride, but I'll be well and truly eternally disappointed if Chief doesn't surf the Infinity while RAMMING SPEEDing it into something large at some point.
>>
>>14395705
>>14395718
>I have no issuesw with cortana as the villian.
I'd like to add on even more. They could've done this by "cloning" her and then sending "her" after an AWOL Blue Team that was going around and doing things absolutely not in ONI's interest.

The donut squad could have just been her couriers.
>>
>>14395690
I don't agree with that sentiment as much, i think they've aged as badly as possible, TimeSplitters fixes all of their shortcomings, but wasn't popular enough unfortunately.

>>14386614
Fuck 343, Halo 4 in addition to looking like Crysis threw up in my Halo, it also had horrible tryhard "we're a weel stowy now" writing, they killed Cortana and then couldn't even commit to that for more than a few hours because she came back in the very next (and even shittier) Halo 5 story.
>>
>>14395690
>No that would be Golden Eye 007 and Perfect Dark, which are both fantastic games.
>Golden Eye
>fantastic game
Nigga, Golden Eye aged as bad as most Atari games.
>>
>>14395576
>is an arena shooter vs whatever the fuck you call CoD and BF, etc)
Halo 4 and 5 aren't. They're basically CoD games.
>>
>>14388879
Reach, to me, was the absolutely peak of it. No absurd greebles, everything looks functional but still visually interesting, etc.
>>
>>14397150
Not really.

4 certainly has a lot of features borrowed from CoD that move it away from the main traits of an arena FPS, by having loadouts and a sort of killstreak thing. But those aren't core parts of Halo 4'a gameplay and are gametype dependent, so that's only the case in game modes where those are enabled. The level design and gunplay and movement and all of that is still very halo and as such more similar to an arena FPS then it is like CoD.

5 on the other hand, is only like CoD in terms of the thrusts/sliding shit. It has no loadouts at all in normal multiplayer and is as core arena FPS as you can get. The map design is back to the CE/2 design philopshy, and the gameplay just flows more like UT/Halo 2/Halo CE then even Halo 3 did

>b-but the ADS

it's not actually ADS. I know it looks like it, but in terms of actual gameplay and mechanics it's actually 100% identical to the zoom the halo games have always had. Unlike ADS, and like zoom, you still move at normal speeds while using it, and you aren't forced to use it to fire accurately.

It's really just zoom made to look like ADS for CoD fans. If they try to use it like ADS they get shit on because it's mechanically dissimilar to it. The only gameplay difference it actually results in for Halo is buffing automatics (which is needed since they are always shit in the halo games) since they now have the ability to zoom as well, but since descope is still a thing, the only time you can use it is, suprise, the same as when you'd use zoom in past halo games: when you are in a safe potion and you want to fire timed, accurate shots (or in the case of autos, bursts).

tl;dr

Halo 4 you are kinda right, but only depending on the game mode,. That's not true with 5 at all in normal MP.
>>
File: 40524219-Full (1).jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
40524219-Full (1).jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>14397150
>>14397210
To clarify a bit more: i'd actually say Halo 5 feels closesr to Halo 2 then any other Halo game and vis versa. The map design is similar, the tightness of the gameplay and controls feels similar (though 5 actually beats 2 out in this regard, the gunplay in 5 feels fucking amazing). It also just has the same sort of raw 4v4 competive feel to it that Halo 2 had.

So yeah, I think it's stupid to call Halo 5 "basically a CoD game". It's obvious a lot of the new movement abilities are insoired by CoD and titanfall, but the gameplay feels like halo in spite of it, even more so then Halo 4 felt like halo underneath the loadouts. It's the most Halo feeling game i've played since Halo 2.

5's issues are just that A: the campaign is meh and the story is bad (not as bad as 4's though), and B: there's no local multiplayer. At launch it also had way less gametypes and maps then even CE, but that's been fixed via free updates. The actual online MM and gameplay though, as I said, is rock solid.

This is all IMO, of course

Anyways this is /m/, not /v/

Can we talk about how cool Scarabs are?
>>
>>14397210
>>14397222
Even if all that you just posted about Halo 5 gameplay was true, which I don't believe for a second, no local multiplayer is still a total deal breaker.
>>
>>14395576
>whatever the fuck you call CoD and BF,
CoD and BF are polar fucking opposites, though.
>>
>>14397415
Believe what you want, i'm just telling you my experiences with it. I know forge and customs for 5 are getting a free w10 port later this year though so if you were unlucky enough to install w10 you could just try it out that way if you want to.

>no local multiplayer is still a total deal breaker.

I agree it's a pretty big deal. For me personally as far as playing the game it's not a problem because none of my friends live near me anyways, but I worry how it's going to impact the game's MP historically since once the servers go down there won't be a way to play the MP anymore unless they patch it so it changes

>>14397428
I just mean in terms of that style of gunplay, I know the actual way they are played and what it takes to git gud at either is completely different
>>
>>14397415
He's right though, about pretty much all of it.

4's "classic" modes are really good, but they just fucked up the presentation.
I'd venture to say the perks are a bit of a problem, but fun in big team, and I never found duels would really come down to the lack or presence of a particular perk. DMR may've been a bit too strong, but I always used the BR and Suppressor and rarely came up wanting. IT was nice in that you could make a "build" that worked for you, but against skilled players they'd be able to counter you fairly easily.

The no local for 5 is total fucking trash though.
>>
File: H4_Mantis_concept_art.jpg (158 KB, 660x340) Image search: [Google]
H4_Mantis_concept_art.jpg
158 KB, 660x340
>>14397451
Except most of what I was posting about was about 5, not 4 with classic halo settings.

I AM on /m/, right? Where's the mecha disscusion?
>>
File: HW-B65ShortswordBomber.png (2 MB, 1800x1080) Image search: [Google]
HW-B65ShortswordBomber.png
2 MB, 1800x1080
>>14397456
I know. I just wanted to talk about 4.

Who /shortsword/ here?
>>
File: image.jpg (435 KB, 1024x656) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
435 KB, 1024x656
>>14397467
Nah man it's gotta be Vulture
>>
File: forerunners.jpg (425 KB, 905x814) Image search: [Google]
forerunners.jpg
425 KB, 905x814
>>14395515
I stopped buying Halo games after I finished 4. Still occasionally play ye olde' CE and Halo Reach for single player shenanigans, but I've mostly lost interest after 343 took the reigns.
>>
>>14398325
> stopped buying Halo games after I finished 4...but I've mostly lost interest after 343 took the reigns.
Plenty of the newer novels are still good if you ever read the bungie era novels. Last Light and Broken circle both really remind me of the nylund books, for instance.

I've already given my opinion on Halo 5 in >>14397210 and >>14397222

Like there's no questioning 343 has made some shit decisions but nothing so bad that the franchise isn't worth following any more. Also, how they handled Halo 5 in the beta for it and the fact they actually listened to people's feedback during it gives me hope that 6 will actually be good both for MP and SP
>>
>>14398331
The only Halo I'm actively following is Halo custom edition which has SPv3 releasing in an hour.
>>
>>14398915
>Halo custom edition which has SPv3 releasing in an hour.
El Dewrito rides again.
>>
>>14399077
>>14398915
It's out
http://www.mediafire.com/download/0ee2ectm52nckb6/SPV3.0.0+Mod+Content.zip
Assuming you have Custom Edition up and running already
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qjj5q4fzyxoty4z/SPV3.0.0+Mod+Content+and+Game.rar
If you don't just need a CD key. Even one of those shit posted on the internet ones will work
>>
>>14395697
>cause 5 was the worst selling Halo title
My local Best Buy still has Halo 5 Collector's Limited Edition for $90 sitting in the store.
>>
>>14395515
Halo 1 was nice at the time, 2 was pretty great, I fell off with 3 because I'm a Sony/Nintendofag and can't justify buying an Xbox too when it and the Playstation are going to have 80% of their library in common anyway.

Halo popularized the two-guns regenerating-health shooter model, though, which is pretty hateworthy. It took fucking Doom coming back to get a good walking arsenal FPS again, and even Doom has the two-guns shit in multiplayer.
>>
>>14395718
I thought her death in Halo 4 was really well-done. I can't believe they brought her back in 5.
>>
>>14399292
Same.

Best reaction from a visor I've seen outside of super robot shit.
>>
>>14399278
It also wrote the book on how to make console online multiplayer work without investing in piles of servers.
>>
>>14398331
>Karen Traviss
>Good
>>
>>14388720
>"They just made the armor bigger!"

Isn't that the whole issue with MJOLNIR though? Making the exoskeleton that was the basis of the Mk. I to III smaller?

I mean its entire basis is as a failed attempt to upgrade the very first Mk. I exo model so I fail to see how it's bad that "it's just bigger". It's following a rational path of design.

>>14395515
Only thing I've ever failed to rationalize to myself is how events flow in the Fall of Reach.

According to Halo Waypoint, the main UNSC fleet was kept in the dark for most of the game's events so that they could be primed to run the Prophet capture operation, and everything in the book still occurs because it was after Reach command realized that they were really not going to walk out of the ground campaign alive. Which supposedly explains the paltry fleet presence in the game's only space stages.

Reach's ground campaign was also supposedly a month long. Beats me how it goes. Over seven days pass between Jorge throwing you off the corvette and you saving the civilians in New Alexandria, so apparently Noble 6 spends slightly over a week going from crash point to the city.

And the supercarrier got in due to both a lack of fleet presence and really good stealth fooling the stations' sensors on that side of the planet, I really don't know.

Stopped playing after 4, no longer felt the need to chase the series. Though Roland's outburst in 5 is hilarious, he's less an AI and more like a part-time character. "No shit, not only is Cortana not dead, but Halsey believes she's in control of Forerunner offensive technology, and we can no longer ascertain or confirm her allegiance to the UNSC. You were fucking there the last few times something Forerunner went off the rails, you yellow holographic lava lamp."

Really, Roland? First few line in 5's cutscenes, a mainline game, not a mobile-pad attention-grabber, and it's a temper tantrum?

I liked the snark of Serina, Mo Ye, and Cortana.
>>
>>14400343
>Only thing I've ever failed to rationalize to myself is how events flow in the Fall of Reach.

“We did take some liberty,” said Lehto. “In the book, I believe the Pillar of Autumn is in orbit at a docking station. We talked to [Eric] Nylund [the author of “The Fall of Reach”] about the whole event structure and we got the chronology of it down to where we felt comfortable with the little bends we were taking to make sure it worked best for the game and best for our game’s fiction. We’ve had discrepancies with Nylund on what we believe is canon and what should be made sacred in the canon. But that’s always the case when you have others outside of Bungie building the fiction for the “Halo” universe.”

>"we felt comfortable with little bends"

Don't be a "muh canon"-fag
>>
>>14401622

You can keep that assumption for yourself. I wasn't like I had any issue prior writing it off as a conflict of interest between works to enjoy both versions independently.

Funny you should use Lehto's reply, actually, since despite their (relatively) large effort to reconcile both the book and the game with Waypoint, to the point of giving specific dates to events, how or when the Pillar of Autumn descended to a shipyard and got itself fitted with exit rockets is still not one of them.
>>
>>14399332
By "newer novels", I mean the ones that came out in the past year and a half, IE, after the travis books.

Only the third travis one was completely garbage as well. The first two weren't great but they were okay

>>14399278
>Halo popularized the two-guns regenerating-health shooter model
Despite the fact CE doesn't even have regen health, you mean. Blame the shit games that copied it rather then it itself.

>>14400343
>Only thing I've ever failed to rationalize to myself is how events flow in the Fall of Reach.

My thoughts exactly. Everything else halsey's journal or the data drops provide a reasonable explanation for for why the game and the book differs. But expecting us to buy that ONI somehow kept all of the events of H:R up till like 2/3 of the way through from everybody else on the planet is bullshit

Not even ONI would be able to manage that.

>Stopped playing after 4, no longer felt the need to chase the series...

Well, I think the fact 5's MP is actually good shows promise that 343 is starting to learn from their mistakes. 5's story is eh, but it at least doesn't have offensely bad shit like rampancy being reduced to temper tantrums in 4's story. Most of the novels that have came out in 2015 and 2016 so far have been pretty good as well, last light and broken circle in particular being almost Ghosts of Onyx level.
>>
If anyone has an XBone Halo 5 is free (with gold) for the week.
>>
>>14402730
>Despite the fact CE doesn't even have regen health, you mean.
It has a half regen health system and Halo 2 where that model really gained ground is full regen health.
>>
>>14402806
>and Halo 2 where that model really gained ground is full regen health.

You still have health under your shields in 2 even if you can't see it, and you only fully regen your health in 2 after full 5 minutes of no combat. It's so slow it might as well not regen.
>>
>>14402822
Was about to post this. It's pretty nominal though.
>>
>>14402822
>you only fully regen your health in 2 after full 5 minutes of no combat
That sounds like you're confusing it with Halo 3's invisible health. Halo 2 health is back to full less than 30 seconds after your shield is full again.
>>
>>14402803
Why would anyone on /m have an xbox?!
>>
>>14402890
To play Titanfall ayyyyyyy
>>
>>14402890
Halo and Titanfall.
>>
>>14395697
Halo is typical of the modern games industry.

They should have killed the franchise after Reach and MS should have invested in something new and move on. Instead they'll whore it out untill not even meth junkies want to fuck her.
>>
File: 76322.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
76322.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>14402930
>killed the series

Nah

Dropped the mainline games, sure, but there's enough EU content to justify them continuining to make novels and spinoff games. The series has a lot of potential for other genres and even other subgenres of FPS

A 3rd person action game taking place on ancient sanghelios, a CoD style FPS game taking place during the rainforest wars (http://www.halopedia.org/Rainforest_Wars), a battlefront style class based game where you spawn in as various UNSC marine types or covenant races, you could even do some sort of wacky mad max style car combat game where you play as brutes after they bombed themselves back into the medevial era with nukes, since that was a thing that happened.

The most obvious thing to do though is a survival horror game taking place on the Mona Lisa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36hTq2soGDE
>>
>>14402930
>after Reach
It was clear Bungie wanted to move on with the release of 3. ODST and Reach were forced out of them.
>>
>>14404602
Reach was stiull a good game in the end though, and arguably had the series's best art design in many respects
>>
>>14404612
>Reach was still a good game in the end though
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>14404616
It absolutely was, try getting your head out of your ass any time.

>b-but it didn't match the boo0\-
Read the journal

>b-but I shouldn't have to rea-
Then why are you bitching about it not matching the book?

>b-but loadou-
Game was still fun even with them; and you can play game modes without them

>b-but bloo-
Was a good thing on automatics, even if it was shit on the DMR. It's a legit flaw for it but no worse then 2 or 3's or CE's flaws and in the end the DMR is still more balanced then the BR was in 2 and 3

>b-but the maps
Are shit, I know, no arguement there. But Reach's Forge is also robust enough where there are more then enough good maps to download or make yourself, which is also what makes reach so good: The sheer amount of content and modualrtiy it has.

You have campaign (whith one of the series's bettef campagins, at that), with matchmaking for it, plus firefight, with matchmaking for that as well, and tons of custom settings for it to adjuist, PLUS normal MP with MM, and more settings then ever for customs plus an insanely robust forge.

As a package it's a fuck ton of content and ways to play.

It has issues but no more then 3, 2, or CE did, and it added and did a hell of a lot right too.
>>
>>14404632
Art, music, a couple of campaign scenarios and adding matchmaking for firefight are all that's good about it. Multiplayer is shit for reasons beyond what you strawmanned in that weak response you made to me.
>>
>>14404677
>more then 60% of the game and critically important aspects of what makes a game good or not are all that's good about it
And it's somehow not a good game because...?

>Multiplayer is shit for reasons beyond what you strawmanned in that weak response you made to me.
I have a hard time believing that there are these core, severe game design issues with the MP that cripple it from being good rather then just being acceptable flaws that can't be corrected by just playing with the right settings.

Also since I have 1000+ hours with the game's MP alone, same with every other halo title except 4, and I had fun with it, same with the rest.

But go on, explain, I have an open mind, I just doubt i'll hear anything convincing since i've seen these arguments for 5+ years now and I haven't so far.
>>
>>14404602
a lot of Bungie employees consider Reach their best halo work, both re: the actual game and the way they made it
>>
>>14404705
>, severe game design issues with the MP that cripple it from being good
BLOOM = CAZUAL. NOT FOR MLG PROS LIKE ME
>>
>>14404602
Wasn't ODST a side project a few devs were working on that got turned into a big project?
>>
>>14399278
Wolfenstein TNO was literally walking arsenal the game.

Hell the Shadow Warrior reboot was also pretty walking arsenal.

Doom was just yet another success in the old games revival movement. Which I am OK with, because good revivals are always welcome.
>>
>>14406695
>Wolfenstein TNO
And it was oh so good.

Really diggin' The Old Blood too.
>>
>>14399212
God dammit I know I left my Halo PC cd sleeve somewhere around here.

Fucking reinstalling.
>>
>>14406662
pretty much, yes. It was going to be a 30$ expansion pack, and then MS made them basically turn it into a full 60$ game even though in the end it was still only really a 40$ one.
>>
>>14395515
Loved the OG trilogy, loved ODST, liked Reach. 4 was hot steaming pure shit, haven't bothered with 5 because fuck 343.

I always like multiplayer more than campaign, but I thought both were garbage in 4. The direction they took the story in ruins a lot of the mystery and grandeur that made CE in particular so interesting, and removes all the coolness from 2 and 3. The new multiplayer was just a fucking terrible 'we want the COD audience' mess.

For me, it's not worth getting an Xbone for any further 343 games, given how much I hated 4. If they get released cheap on W10 I might pick them up.
>>
>>14395515
I have some wonderful memories with the Halo series. It represents some of my earliest forays into online gaming, from the CE demo which I played to death, to Halo 3 and Reach. So many hours were sunk into playing with good friends.

Kinda makes me sad thinking about it.
>>
>>14407842
>If they get released cheap on W10 I might pick them up.

5's forge and customs are getting a free PC port. I'd say it's worth checking out since those are the two parts of 5 (the forge and the muiltiplayer) that are actually really damn good: 5's forge is basically a dev tool now, and 5 actually has really fantastic core gameplay and weapon balance, and as such, has great multiplayer. There's no loadouts or armor abilities, weapons are on map, etc. A lot of people seem to think 5 has ADS, but it's just a reskinned zoomon more guns, mechanically speaking.

but the campaign is short and the story, while not as awful as 4's, is still not good. So even had you wanted an xbone, i'd have told you to wait and just pick up the free forge/customs port when that comes out

You miss out on MCC which still has no PC release, but even that's not worth 299$ unless you really, really, REALLY love halo and want those 1080p/60fps or the halo 2 remake
>>
>>14407872
>Kinda makes me sad thinking about it.
I tried playing Reach a couple months back.

There were three (3) people in the Doubles playlist, including me.

I got a little choked up. It was an unexpected feel.
>>
>>14406707
Can't wait for the next one. They teased the title as The New Colossus. Better live up to that name.
>>
File: 1387160510051.jpg (281 KB, 1242x1600) Image search: [Google]
1387160510051.jpg
281 KB, 1242x1600
>>14386606
Halo CE = Halo 3 ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 2 = Halo Reach > powergap > Halo 5 > shit > Halo 4
>>
I can't hate on Halo because it is still an immense improvement over the ceaseless stream of CoD-ified shooters that dominated the market shortly after. Some of them may have aped a few Halo mechanics for a while, but Halo at least managed to hold on to some of its more arena-styled roots until it bit the bullet and went full CoD/twitch.

I fully expect the next Halo to replace all alien weapons with sixteen variations on an assault rifle with alphabet soup names, ditch the moon jump in favor of tiny hops and a jetpack, and to replace jogging with some form of Megaman-styled kicksliding at five times human sprinting speed. But that's not Halo's fault. That's the college dudebro demographic having forced every shooter to get in line if they want to push copies.
>>
>>14409730
wew lad

Captain King's Bizarre Adventure was always a Dudebro franchise.
>>
>>14409726
>Halo 3 ODST > most of alladat
"No"

Maybe if you weren't a slightly less capable Spartan-II, I'd agree, but you're way too strong vs. Brutes.
>>
File: Noble Six ass.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Noble Six ass.jpg
353 KB, 1920x1080
>>14409726
I liked Reach more than ODST because you could customize Noble Six, and female Noble Six has a great ass.
>>
>>14410414
My brother!
>>
>>14409726
>Halo CE
>the best

When was the last time you actually played CE's campaign. Because that shit does not hold up
>>
>>14410372
But those dudebros liked floating combat and weapons with TTKs longer than it takes you to blink
Now it's everything's a rooty-tooty-point-n-shooty-sprinting-dolphin-diving-smg-clickstravaganza
>>
>>14410598
Well to be fair they've been adding movement mechanics to CoD as of late, and H5 also gets in on some movement options.

Maybe we'll hit the age of character action FPS in a few years?
>>
>>14410615
Movement mechanics do absolutely nothing to fix what's rotting away inside CoD, and in fact exacerbate it. Adding parkour, wall-running, or jumpjets doesn't fix a game; see Brink, Titanfall, and any number of other quasi-futuristic scifi shooters in the last ten years (especially those that add enhanced movement features as a class mechanic instead of something standard across every character).

We've had games where people leap through the sky, bounce around like idiots the whole time, have (un)limited jetpack flight, and even 400kmh skiing for nearly two decades now, and they all handled very differently from CoD. You can't slap those features or toned down versions of them into CoD and expect to get a fresh game. CoD will continue to be about running around as fast as possible and shooting people in the back/sides, and whether you are holding Shift to run along a wall to accomplish this instead of just W to run down a corridor, or pressing Space to jetpack 10 feet into the air instead of Space to jump 2 feet over cover, the result is the same. The game, the experience, needs to be built around this shit from the ground up. You can't just throw a jetpack into CoD or Battlefield and laud it as some new paradigm.

In fact, it's terrible that CoD is doing this. Because whether they do an OK job at it or not, it's going to piss people off, and the market is going to look at all the criticism and shy away from making similarly futuristic changes. THAT must be why the new CoD sold less than its predecessors or has such enormous outrage over it, right? The fact that there's laser guns and space jets and wall-running. Not the underlying game system being absolutely fucking terrible now. So let's not put in laser guns and space jets or wall-running. Let's just keep pushing our games closer and closer to what the CoD audience actually likes.
>>
>>14410658

> THAT must be why the new CoD sold less than its predecessors or has such enormous outrage over it, right? The fact that there's laser guns and space jets and wall-running. Not the underlying game system being absolutely fucking terrible now.

If you mean Infinite Warfare, then it probably is, despite your sarcasm, since a lot of people are against for that specific reason and have been since the first trailer while they've never played it to say the mechanic functions badly within the underlying system or doesn't gel correctly with it. They just don't appear to want those things in a tactical shooter that had previously shot for a mostly realistic aesthetic like CoD.

I agree that publishers will probably come to the wrong idea and thing they don't want them full stop instead of just in a CoD style game, but I don't think the reason why people dislike it is because of the mechanics of the engine.
>>
>>14410658
>I have no clue what I'm talking about, lemme shit up the thread with my cockadoody hateboner, god bless BF1!
>>
>>14410690
>implying turning the setting clock backwards fixes the problems that have been creeping into BF as it tries to get closer to CoD over the years
Nah. I'm not getting out of bed for anything less than BF2152.
>>
>>14410413
>not understanding game mechanics

>>14410414
Reach is middle tier. The main campaign was pretty lackluster with occasional highs, not the worst but definitely on the lower end of the spectrum of the franchise, and only the redemption of the multiplayer is what redeems it.
>>
>>14410683
>>14410658
>>14410615
>>14410683
I haven't played a CoD game in years, so I don't know half the shit you guys are talking about, but I felt the thruster pack/slide/hover stuff Halo 5 has is executed well, and actually meshes with Halo's gameplay without making it feel un-halo, unlike all the bullshit halo 4 had.

Also the infinite warfare stuff at e3 looked cool and it's the first time i've been interested in picking up a CoD game since black ops 2.
>>
>>14410658
>Titanfall
>bad
Nice meme, /v/ermin.
>>
>>14411190

I've never played a CoD game in my life, I'm just pointing out that Infinite Warfare's bad reception almost has to be due to the setting and lasers and so on given that it's not out yet and people have been slamming it in large numbers since the first trailer, far before anyone could have played it.
>>
>>14410577
I don't see much of a problem with CE's campaign other than The Library being too much of the same architecture throughout and Two Betrayals being a near complete reverse of Assault on Control Room.
Is it the difficulty that's the problem? Because I'll admit it's a pretty stress free single player game, even on Legendary, if you have either a plasma pistol or magnum.
>>
>>14411252
It's not the difficulty, it's the fact the game reuses hallway geometry and textures out the ass. It's also not just two betrayals that reuses level stuff; Keyes and The Maw Reuse shit from truth and reconciliation and Pillar of autumn,

There's also way less weapon and enemy variety then in later titles. Everything I just said combines with minimalistic story means the campaign is extremely tedious.
>>
File: GG1ILqZ.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GG1ILqZ.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
>tfw Halo Wars 2 is saving the art-style
>>
File: TrKHHVK.jpg (387 KB, 3840x1636) Image search: [Google]
TrKHHVK.jpg
387 KB, 3840x1636
>>14411292
The fact this is apparently set after Halo 5 and this is how the Spartans look makes me hope 6 goes back to something like this or previous pic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjN1eWhzPeA
>>
>>14411281
Dude to be fair The Maw is an excellent retread level.

Especially when you get to the stuff you didn't see in PoA:
>digging through the armory
>chucking explosives into the reactor
>that stupid as hell nonsensical Warthog racetrack escape sequence you know you love it
>>
>>14411281
Ah, I get that. It is pretty bare bones with the presentation, tech limits considered, but mechanics wise I think it's still got some decent punch to it.
Variety-wise, I feel as though you don't need an excessive armament if there's too much overlapping with weapon gimmicks. Like how Halo 2 had covenant equivalents of UNSC weapons(or vice versa), you had two sniper rifles, two marksman guns, two close quarters specific weapons. It seems like unnecessary bloat when you could just have that one gun that does its one specific job instead of picking between marginally different styles of the same flavor.

I dunno, maybe I just like that Halo 1's needler and plasma pistol were actually useful in straight up fights, and that the assault rifle's sound effects had a distinct bark to it that I missed in later games.
>>
>>14411377
To be fair the Covenant arsenal was relevant for establishing a full continuum of weaponry that can cover all ranges and spec either for health damage (UNSC) or shield damage (Covenant).

And then there's the Brute sandbox for H3 and fuck if I know what they were aiming for other than melee buffs I think?
>>
File: CC_N6h_UUAEAWxX.jpg (57 KB, 600x442) Image search: [Google]
CC_N6h_UUAEAWxX.jpg
57 KB, 600x442
>>14411298
>ODST Drop pods crushing shit

Fuck
>>
>>14411597

They call that maneuver "steel rain".
>>
>>14411881
The cODSTex astartes?
>>
>>14388879
This. Bungie Halo pulled of the generic hard-military-sci-fi aesthetic well.

343 Halo was just...eh.
>>
>>14412058
Other than the spartan suits there wasn't much difference.
>>
>>14412076
They fucked the Frigates and mad everything a Halcyon with bigger Wings. That's pretty awful tbqh. I actually like their Warthogs more though.
>>
>>14403944

Let me just say that I fucking love how all the AI displays/interfaces in the Halo universe are like little characters in costumes.
>>
File: 1445922661185.png (205 KB, 502x523) Image search: [Google]
1445922661185.png
205 KB, 502x523
>>14401622
Nigger, it wasn't in dry-dock, they were about to push the button to go to slipspace when they got an all-hands message from Reach. They new damn well that the Covenant showing up meant Reach was fucked, so they immediately scrambled everything within three systems to defend the planet.

Reach not only changes that, but it doesn't really explain how Chief, Linda and (i believe) Joshua got to the station to meet up with Johnson, OR why the fuck the Autumn didn't bother to go save the 30 or so goddamn Spartan IIs that were like, 10 minutes away by Pelican. **The Spartan's armory should still be intact as well, frankly. Imagine Halo 1 with Spazlazs** Seriously, if Noble 6 could walk it and still not starve to death, it wouldn't have taken that long to send some birds out.

Speaking of Pelicans, why did they even leave 6 in the first place? They had to rush the launch because of the incoming cruiser, sure, but he just blew it the fuck up, and there are no others incoming or even visible. When they come to get Cortana, we see they take maybe 30 seconds to launch and reach the platform, so it would be a minute to get an extra Spartan on board. Given they cost as much as several battleships EACH **(I know the figure is for SIIs, not IIIs, but these are supposedly "super special" IIIs. Plus, Mjolnir alone is a good chunk of that cost)** it would have done wonders for the war effort if they'd picked him up. Literally nothing stopping them.

**Also why the fuck is Chief in Cryo? If it's Linda, where the fuck is Chief? That easter egg just raised more questions, Bungie. You fucked up nearly as hard as 343**
>>
>>14404616
It had the best armours. Still don't know how 4 went THAT far backwards.
>>
>>14410577
>>14411281
It's shit like the trench run in The Maw, or the beach assault in Silent Cartographer that make it stand out. Yeah, it fucked up in plenty of ways, but it was memorable, cool, and it had a great sense of humour to boot.
>>
>>14411292
Apparently literally everyone BUT 343 can do the designs well.

>>14411298
It's implied they are still using the same gear, since the Spirit of Fire got fucked up during transit back to UNSC space apparently. Not sure where the upgraded Cyclopses came from, but Science Lady will probably tell us. And if they let us do shit like >>14411597
then i'm all for whatever wild ride "Ensemble" will take us on.
>>
>>14388879
With a hearty helping of Starship Troopers.

>>14388905
I enjoyed the secret dropships in Reach, unfinished and stupid as they were, and would have paid money for an expansion that included them in multiplayer, vehicle transport capability and all, but I kinda hated the 4 version for what it turned the Pelican into.

Foehammer didn't die for this.
>>
>>14412444
>Ensemble
;_;7
>>
File: Untitled.png (510 KB, 873x781) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
510 KB, 873x781
>>14395630
CQB with Tactical Attachments represent!

God, I remember checking this shit all the time. Good on you, Bungie for leaving it up all these years.
>>
>>14412471
>CQB
>not UA Mark V [B]
N-NON CANON!
>>
>>14412480
Canon is vanilla Mark V B, which looks like a stubby potato on the best of days. It was fun during the beta when everyone was desperately trying to stand out with a total of like, 3 options for attachments, dodging the Super Grenade spam.
>>
>>14412497
>vanilla Mark V B
I was just taking the piss, but I'm pretty sure the vanilla is Tom's.
Bungie stated there is no-canon appearance for 6 anyways, but you could make an extra good case that the Recon helmet is *canon*, as 6 put in a requisition request according to the little bit on the DLC for preorders (or Limited editions?).
>>
>>14412513
True. Man, I miss those commercials. The Halo 3 diorama, Neil Blomkamps shorts, and those Reach ones were top fucking tier. Even the Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes look stellar, probably because 343 didn't touch them and they were outsourced.

Now we have whatever the hell 5's are supposed to be. Just doesn't do it for me.
>>
File: Sad spartan.jpg (679 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Sad spartan.jpg
679 KB, 1920x1080
>>14412536
>The Halo 3 diorama
This thread wasn't supposed to be a feels thread dammit.

I know this sounds corny as hell, but I genuinely believe that the Halo trilogy are some of the most hopeful and awe-inspiring pieces of storytelling media to have been put out in, well, a long time. There's a sense of passion and wonderment that comes through in those games that really resonates with something inside me.
For all the nuts and bolts, there's something incredibly "human" about the Chief, and while I can't quite put my finger on why, I really appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCXZHynhXBk
Assuming, you've (not (You) but just someone) listen to this and try not associating it with that wash of feeling you experienced. I believe it's impossible--unless you're autistic, and not in the 4chan sense.

/blog
Thanks for the like.
>>
File: playermodel.ashx.png (194 KB, 320x704) Image search: [Google]
playermodel.ashx.png
194 KB, 320x704
>>14412471
CQB represent!
I preferred Ua/Hul myself, though
343 seems to completely forgotten it exists
>>
>>14412590
But anon, don't you know? 343 is finally giving us a REAL story. The Chief isn't just a robot anymore! He has REAL feelings now!

HATE. HATE. HATE.

You look at Halo 1, when he has to "retrieve" Keyes' ID, he hesitates, he is conflicted. When Guilty Spark deactivates the self destruct, and he asks how much firepower they need, he could have just said "i have explosives, and there is also an armory" but he just stands there tossing a grenade like a cheeky cunt.

When he gets teleported to High Charity in 2, his first instinct when he sees that he's surrounded by Grunts and other Covenant is to turn to one and go "Boo".

In 3, he risks his life to go save Cortana, and when he gets there he immediately cheers her up with a fucking callback line. He even shares a tender moment with Johnson.
The main problem I have with 343's philosophy towards Halo is that they seem to think that since he wasn't crying or monologuing, that means he didn't have emotions. Chief's emotions weren't central to the games to begin with, but the books lay it all out for us anyway.

The one thing that embodies the classic Halo storytelling, and contrasts it with the New Halo storytelling, is the Spartan Smile. Two fingers, drawing the shape of a smile over the visor. That is the pinacle of a Spartan's expression, and something they have never done for anyone outside their group. When Kelly first see's Kurt, one of her friends, her family, who she believed had been dead for like, 15 years, she is overjoyed. But there are crazy voltron-ass sentinels flying overhead. Does she start crying? Does she hug him, or make a speech? No.

Spartan Smile, and sling Halsey over her back, and run. They have a job to do, and this is not the time.

343 thinks they need to have a pow-wow after every mission, and hash out their feelings and talk about WOW SANGHEILLI WOMEN ARE IN THE ARMED FORCES NOW HOW PROGRESSIVE
>>
File: 1463942950047.jpg (45 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1463942950047.jpg
45 KB, 500x278
>>14412590
>>14412630
They just have Spartans so very, VERY wrong. They know what happened to them was kinda fucked up, they basically all have Masters Degrees, but they realize that it was integral to keeping humanity alive. They don't think Halsey was a monster, they respect her for what she did, and for what she gave to them.

Not to mention how Chief, a week after being augmented, is described as living in a constant state of Bullet Time, and proceeds to accidentally kill three ODSTs with his bare hands. Even in MkV, Fred could sink a throwing knife into a dummy right to the hilt. Yet with MK VII, supposedly SO much better, Locke and Chief are having a drunken brawl. It should be closer to fucking Vanquish, not Uncharted. That Spartan that appeared in Dead or Alive? That was supervised by Bungie and Microsoft, and they made it canon. That is how this shit should have looked.

But no. They know Halo, you guys, they are fixing our problematic, old school games.
>>
>>14411298
>that mech having a brute dangling off its arm\

boner
>>
>>14412590
>>14412630
>>14412661
Just... It makes me deeply sad that they are trying to go back and retroactively kill some of my greatest memories in life. This is how I made friends for the first time, shit like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTi7LrXxbOI made me feel like I accomplished something.

>>Blog
as fuck, but this series gave me so much, I feel the need to protect it. But I can't protect it from THEM. Jesus.

Sorry for the shitposting of walls of text, I just feel the need to outline everything they've done so people know how bad it is.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>14412630
>a fucking callback line
Cortana is such a slog of a level, but it's worth it everytime for that cutscene. Greatest love story ever told.

>MK VII
*ahem* MJOLNIR Gen 2 *ahem*
Still that cutscene was just a huge mistake.
>>
>>14412661
>Almost everyone who is bitter at Halsey is a washout who cant wear the awesome power armor and has been brainwashed into thinking "ONI didn do nuffin it was all Halsey".
Yeah um I think I found a flaw in the first part of your logic
>>
>>14412661

Going by how strong they're supposed to be, Locke v Chief should have looked like Batman versus Superman, or at the very least Captain America vs Irod Bad. The floor should have cracked.

Instead it looked like every half-assed hollywood fistfight ever.
>>
>>14412677
In 5, Cortana goes on about how she's going to "enlighten" everybody, and bring about a new evolution or some shit, and Chief pipes up with "Like what Halsey did to me", which Cortana replies with "i'm not like her".

They're trying to give them more angst in each installment.
>>
>>14412672
No need to apologize, man.

There was something really special, and it's missing now, but it'll never be dead.

I liked Reach for the big Greek tragedy it was, but there was this hint of cynicism that permeated too much of it, and it just kinda hasn't aged as well as 3.

>>14412692
Obviously, Cortana developed Mjolnir envy.
>>
>>14412698
Apparently a decent amount of people agree with us, if the server population for 3 is as large as I remember. 6000 worldwide for a 10 year old game with like 3 sequels ain't too shabby.
>>
>>14412698
Explains why she's suddenly wearing clothes/armor in 5
>>
What made Halo games so good is that they were solidly set into a universe and had their place. Newer games are tacked on, and out of place, ODST was the last decently set game but Reach was just way out of place and bad.

Worst thing Reach did was try to make you care about team members you know nothing about, I cared more for the marines you find in Halo CE. They were also more useful when you gave them a sniper rifle
>>
>>14412750
That reminds me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL-mR79GErU

>Monty Oum
Fuck, I never knew he made this. I guess I didn't pay much attention to the credits. Rip in Piece.
>>
File: H4-HeavyCruisers-Fleet.jpg (238 KB, 1920x840) Image search: [Google]
H4-HeavyCruisers-Fleet.jpg
238 KB, 1920x840
>>14412099
I didn't notice much of a difference in the Halcyon and the frigate wasn't bad.

I don't remember them changing the old one just introduced new ones. I like the older frigates better but there isn't anything wrong with the new ones.
>>
I only really played Halo I with a bit of Halo 2 and ODST, and always single player, but part of what I didn't like about it was that I never really felt like a super soldier. Sure I could flip Warthogs and people certainly bigged you up by talking about you reverently every time you appeared, which definitely went some way towards establishing the feeling, but your running speed was pretty normal, you jumped like an elephant and you couldn't do anything without weapons. All of which stood at dissonance with your reputation.

I feel like Chief should have been able to jump a decent height/distance and have a punch as melee option. A good punch. One that was as effective as Doom's chainsaw or Sam's hammer or something in being a weapon you fell back on, but that was effective if you had no other options or wanted to conserve ammo. Yea, it would have taken some tweaking of the game to allow it, but I feel like it should have been designed with that in mind.

Did any of the other games ever do anything more than that?
>>
>>14413351
>Did any of the other games ever do anything more than that?

> I never really felt like a super soldier.

I used to think exactly like this until I rewatched some of my Halo 3 campaign gameplay, I think it was The Covenant level where you need to deactivate the barrier, and holy CHRISTFUCK on a stick the Chief is pretty extreme.

The actual speed and agility you exhibit, not to mention the sheer strength. You don't appreciate how big the enemies you're fighting actually are until you see this in motion in 3rd person.
>>
File: Halo Wars - UNSC Spirit Of Fire.jpg (344 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Halo Wars - UNSC Spirit Of Fire.jpg
344 KB, 1920x1200
>>14412099

I don't mind the new ships designs, actually, but I expected a remora-like arrangement for the Infinity's accompanying frigates instead of vertically stacking them parallel inside the ship and taking up space for no good reason. Energy shielding shape is most certainly fluid and if anyone says that it's to further "protect" the frigates from external impacts that you can knock them over the head with one of those Plasma Rifle toy models. There's nothing in Slipspace to knock with on any regular or even irregular basis, it's clearly a cruising configuration instead of a combat one, and what's one frigate to the Infinity itself?

Even if it has to be interior for repair purposes (possible, if not slightly eyebrow-raising), why not parallel to the Infinity instead of vertical?

I mean, we spent almost six games remarking on the obvious weakpoint of Covenant carriers, despite their ability to detach sections for independent maneuvering, and the Infinity goes and does its best to ape it.

Otherwise, though, it's a pretty solid design. Nothing groundbreaking but it's reliable and relatable. It's a flying 2x4 in everything but its engines, it works the look.
>>
>>14413351
Concerning the movement speed, I feel as though the fov is partly to blame for that. Halo has always had a low set field of view. Not like Quake or most other arena shooters which have it set much higher, giving a sort of fish-eye lens view to let you see more. The low fov gives the impression you're zoomed in slightly and moving slower than you really are. If you have Skyrim on PC, you can see this for yourself with console commands. Compare fov 60(close to Halo's default) to fov 120 and the difference in perceived speed is very noticeable.
>>
>>14411159
Was good for me, surprisingly despite playing a Halo game its got what I wanted
>Character customization
>Optional female player character with ASS
>No Flood bullshit
>No Master Chief or Cortana
>Holy shit I'm flying a Falcon/Pelican!
>DMR
>>
>>14413882
The placement could have been done better yeah. As for why she's gotta carry em internally isn't it because she's a fuckload
faster than any other UNSC ship due to the fancy pantz Forerunner engine?

Has to carry her escorts or she'd be stuck flying solo and as powerful as the Infinity is she's far from invincible.
>>
File: Journal_Classified.jpg (384 KB, 1796x1209) Image search: [Google]
Journal_Classified.jpg
384 KB, 1796x1209
>>14413882
My only problem with Halo Wars is the fuckin weirdo UNSC mechs

It's just so shitty. It's against all of the UNSC's "grounded military" vibe. I think it might just be that it also looks bad? Like at least the weird H4 mantis looked like a spindly null-g construction mech or something, with little thrusters and clear, functional-looking mechanics.

I prefer UNSC robotics to be limited to relatively "realistic" things, like exoskeletons and armatures, etc.

Even that Prototype anime kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but at least it was scaled appropriately.
>>
>>14399212
Is there any word on if/when the other half of the game is getting SPV3'd?
>>
>>14413351
The scaling makes everything seem much more mundane than it is. Chief stands at around 7'4". The elites? Around 8. A hunter goes up to around 12'. And the enemies are stupidly durable, to the point that even a Grunt could reasonably overpower a marine.

Everything just looks normal because they never quite nailed the feeling of being a BIG GUY in a little guy's world.
>>
File: file.png (31 KB, 944x463) Image search: [Google]
file.png
31 KB, 944x463
>>14412590
>>14412630
>>14412661
>>14412681
>>14412728
>>14412698
>>14412692
>>14413351
>>14412750
>>14416189
I was writing up a hugeass post responding to all of the above but I accidentally hit the back button. I was able to screencap part of it before the page actually loaded, so if any of you give a shit, check the image and see what I was saying to you and respond if you want

>>14412420
There's a journal that came with the limited editions of reach written by nylund (who wrote most of the early halo novels, including Fall of Reach) that explain most of the inconsistencies between the game and the book in a pretty reasonable fashion.

The only explanation I felt was too far out there or was a cop out was why the battle took weeks in the game vs a day in the book.

>>14411377
The issue is, while it's great CE doesn't have surplus clone guns just so each faction has a weapon for each niche, the issue is CE also witholds a ton of guns from you till late into the campaign, so that pro becomes a con when you only have 12 guns total in the game and don't get many guns (which have unique niches) outside of specific points in the campaign, which again, only makes it more tedious
>>
>>14417476
Re: Pic.
Gotta agree. 5's MP is pretty solid.

I gotta challenge you on the Cortana bit in 5. It felt so contrived and I really hate seeing stalwarts go eebil.

I've got a hunch they'll say "oh haha it wasn't actually her!" because 343 has shown they're lightweights on consequences.
>>
>>14417476

I think the fight's issue is less of the suit's gimmicks and more that Chief and Locke both do silly moves that don't befit veterans of their status. I thought the opening sequence was fairly well done as a showcase of the suit's potential, further developed.

- Chief catches Locke's punch and they push against each other for a while before he throws Locke back. By reasonable assumption of his track record he could have at least turned it into an armlock.

- Chief stumbling while Locke straight-kicks him in the chest. Same as the above arm case, Locke's moves are open and the scene is further exacerbated by Chief's sluggish response. Locke doesn't even make use of the chance to close in.

- Chief throws Locke to the ground then lets go of him. The position was perfect to break an arm or pin Locke to the ground (it'll be good for Locke's portrayal to slip out from that with thrusters) but he wastes time revving up for a ground punch.

- Locke backhands Chief and stands there for the slow turnaround instead of grappling and pinning Chief down for the chance to use that armor lock all along, which he later takes out IN FRONT of Chief. Then he tries to take Chief with the armor lock from the front by attempting to walk up and simply plant it on Chief. Naturally, Chief then pretty much focuses on exclusively overpowering Locke to throw the armor lock back at him.

Even if Chief's not emotionally stable and Locke's only moving to disable (a far-out assumption considering both are acute professionals, but let's assume that this was 343 intended portrayal of the cutscene), their punches swing wide, their kicks are straightforward. No elbows/leg sweeps, only one or two reversals and throws that aren't capitalized on, instead of keeping a tight profile they throw their blows wildly. I wouldn't exactly consider Mjolnir Gen2 match stuff in Vanquish/Revengance but forget the suit capabilities, Chief and Locke don't even move like veterans in that cutscene.
>>
>>14386723
And mecha are just giant humans, fool
>>
File: 1466903200567.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1466903200567.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>14386606
I haven't played 5 in months, the fuck is this?
>>
>>14417850
>Chief and Locke don't even move like veterans in that cutscene
The heat must've gotten to them from the lava flows!
343 haters btfo.

I thought that "fight" was absurd.
>>
>>14417476
>the mech was mentioned in the very first novel

yeah, but then it was the original variant of that thing, which was a very exoskeleton-looking exoskeleton

the Halo Wars one looks like that shitty US Megabot or whatever that was slated to fight kuratas
>>
>>14417850
I wonder how much of the sluggishness was due to mocap issues or something. Especially when they got the opening cutscenes so right.
>>
File: 98px-HWunit_Cyclops.png (21 KB, 98x120) Image search: [Google]
98px-HWunit_Cyclops.png
21 KB, 98x120
Yo, how do you want your scopedog today?

Just oonsk my shit up.
>>
>>14418595
No, the original versions of MJOLNIR were always large bulky mech-ish exoskeletons, like what was in wars. The thing that made later MJOLNIR suits that SPARTANS wore actually a big deal is that they were actually like suits of armor instead of giant pieces of equipment.

>>14418664
>Just oonsk my shit up.
Shit, I wish I still had all the images that were made of oonsk and pals, there was like a whole series of them that were made of various bits of armor pieces from different suits, both UNSC and elite that looked like faces
>>
>>14418823
And then there was the horror of non-Spartans trying the new Mjolnir armor. Halo got fucking DARK at times. Dude's spasms from the pain of breaking his arm ripped him apart or something like that IIRC.
>>
>>14418897
>Halo got fucking DARK at times.
>at times

Literally all of the EU is dark as fuck.

"The "good guys" are a totalitarian military organization that pulls the strings over the democratically elected goverments of earth, and IT'S strings are being pulled by a shadowy future NSACIAFBI which kidnapped kids to turn into their secret police assassins to use against colonies that wanted Independence.

And then on the other end of the specturum, the flood are eldritch abomination parasites from another dimension and are actually the reincarnations of older then the universe elder gods, with the forerunner novels just being outright cosmic horror.
>>
>>14418603

If that's the case, then it's even worse. It seems kind of counterproductive to use mocap and not use it for realistic stunts that would have taken more time to be animated in pure 3D, especially with the interaction between two characters in close without major clipping/sequencing issues. In fact, this kind of action sequence is where mocap is supposed to shine in, but the whole sequence acts out like an alleyway tussle between two gangsters, there is zero of either character in there; neither Chief's veteran pragmatism or Locke's supposed professionalism.
>>
>>14418921
>another dimension
Is this the Bornstar everlasting shit?
>>
>>14419003
Bornstellar everlasting is one of the protagonists of the forerunner books, yeah, but I don't know what you mean beyond that
>>
>>14419010
Well, is that where the flood are revealed to be trans-dimensional?
>>
>>14419046
Well, it's not the flood itself are trans dimensional, it's that the precursors are, having lived through multiple big bangs and big crunches and having surpassed physical forms, and the flood are a reincarnation of them

It sounds dumb but it's extremely well written and executed in context, which is basically the forerunner novels in a nutshell.
>>
>>14419068
Huh. I though the flood were just a fuk u bioweapon left after the Forerunners btfo the precursors.

I've read some Bear before and it's alright, but the 2 Didacts thing really irritates me. Memory engram/implantation things always seem like an extreme cop-out.
>>
>>14419084
>I though the flood were just a fuk u bioweapon left after the Forerunners btfo the precursors.

That's what it seems like initially but the further into the trilogy you get the more and more cosmic horror it gets, by the end of it you just have outright people going insane from learning cosmic truths and reality itself being torn asunder with precursor superweapons and stars being thrown around like billiard balls
>>
>>14419101
So basically the precursors were the fucking elder gods.... AND THE FORERUNNERS KILLED THEM
>>
>>14419142
>THE FORERUNNERS KILLED THEM
How though?

Sounds pretty based tbqh if I'm being honest.
>>
>>14419142
>>14419145
Pretty much, yes.

Apparently the precursors didn't even consider of comprehend it would be possible or desirable for one of their creations to strike back at them, when it happened, they didn't even fight back.

So once they were beaten, or as they were about to lose, they created the flood as a form that they would reincarnate as, to inflict everlasting pain and suffering on all of reality as the flood infected both organic life as well as space itself (since it gets reality warping abilities in large interstellar infestations), having discovered malice and hatred from the forerunners
>>
>>14419154
So the flood is basically Cthullu...
Well shit, even if it should have been rather obvious in hindsight.
>>
>>14419154
That explains a lot, actually. I've always wondered how the Flood fucked with computer systems.
>>
>>14419194
Well, that's actually not even due to the reality warping shit, it's just because the flood, being more or less an organic AI, can interface with it and use the Logic Plague on other AI's:

http://www.halopedia.org/Logic_plague
>>
>>14419154
Forerunners did NOTHING wrong.
>>
File: Halo 1 - Egyptian Halo.jpg (294 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Halo 1 - Egyptian Halo.jpg
294 KB, 1024x768
>>14418921

To be fair to Halo's alphabet soup organizations, when your insurgents start jacking nukes, Slipspace drives, and state-of-the-art warships, you'd start wishing for a silver bullet to all these issues too.

Only thing that worked out for them is that their sloppy joe of augmentations worked out under Halsey and only half the kids turned into a facsimile of The Fly, which gave them further impetus to continue the whole act. Otherwise there'll just be more Johnson, more Bryne, and more Bellicose, until the UEF imploded into full-on civil war, or it peters out as the years go by and colonies are given fairer terms.

Thing is, the S4s (at least for Osiris and gang) basically embody what the UNSC was always implied to have wanted, crack squads of self-sustaining, overpowering hunters. They just didn't commit to making heavy-duty augmentation safe until very late into the current timeline. By S3s they had 0% of rejection within a widened genetic bracket so I assume that the augmentations reworks were actually successful. They didn't have the majority of the gene pool covered, but they probably had a far wider selection than the S2s.

By S4, of course, genetics seems to have been kicked out of the equation entirely, and despite their lore saying that rejection rates are still high, their approach in that they'll give whatever they can to the subject and let the armor pick up the rest of the slack seems to be an astounding success; even if it somewhat explains the lackluster performance of Infinity's contingent. Outside of Crimson, at least. The UEF finally got their magic bullet.
>>
>>14418921
feels like bungie originally wanted to make a 40k game.
>>
>>14419230
>you'd start wishing for a silver bullet to all these issues too.

Except they fucking had one, let the damn outer colonies secede.
>>
File: Jackal_Sniper.jpg (145 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Jackal_Sniper.jpg
145 KB, 640x480
Hi
>>
>>14419250
Destiny is basically 40k-lite, to the point that it's pretty laughable.

>>14419260
Innie cunt detected.

That's really incongruous with the utopian interstellar empire ideal, besides.
>>
>>14418897
And they made the Spartans WATCH the footage before trying it on.

Thankfully, all that happened to the Chief was a bruised wrist from trying to salute.
>>
>>14419265
Shoo, Shoo, Laser Loon.
>>
>>14419260

The last time states let colonies go was because of the humongous cost of maintaining facilities in said states, combined with overwhelming public support for independence. Some of these have turned out to be less than acceptable.

Totalitarian as the UEF may be, the Insurrectionists were only ever a bunch of armed insurgents that -claimed- to speak for all colonists. The majority of their leaders were all tied to the UNSC, which speaks less of the average colonist sentiment and more like someone's trying to warlord it up in a corner of UEF space.
>>
>>14419375
A ton of colonial governments in the actual lore though covertly or even openly supported or at least implicitly supported the insurrection or had anti UNSC/UEG (there's no UEF, you probably mean that) sympathies.'

One of the newer books for example has the UNSC/ONI sending a small fleet and Blue team (yes, that blue team, kelly, linda, fred, and the 3 s3's) down to one such colony to locate a forerunner AI while the goverment there suspected a SPARTAN was behind a lot of murders there that happened while they were searching, and by the end of the book the planet's govener outright launched an attack on the UNSC
>>
>>14419435
Im only halfway into the novel, and shits already going down
>>
>>14386666
Nice. Checked.
>>
>>14419154

Sounds interesting. Are the newer books worth reading then? I've only read Fall of Reach and played the first few games. Reach is the latest game I played, and only the start of that.
>>
>>14419876
go read all of the novels. Except maybe Mortal Dictata.
>>
>>14419876
Fall of Reach and First Strike are pretty much required reading. The rest delve more into the EU, and are generally very good, especially stuff like Ghosts of Onyx and Cole Protocol, but sometimes you get stuff ranging from weird with some great moments (Contact Harvest and The Flood) to stuff that tries to change characters, like those Karen Travis's books. Even the worst have redeeming qualities, it just depends on what appeals to you in a sci-fi story.
>>
>is a series with more /m/ content than most of what gets posted on this board /m/ enough yet???
>>
File: halokilledbythisbitch.jpg (130 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
halokilledbythisbitch.jpg
130 KB, 500x666
343 retcon the ship that Chief was in the end of Halo 3
they also changed his armor. WTF they could have left things the same as 3 at the start of Halo 4 and then he gets a new armor(looking like the one he has in halo 4)

fuck 343 they do not get halo and it shows, halo 4 and 5 are shit when you compare them to the original trilogy. fuck microsoft
>>
>>14395630
>3 is GOAT
>only talks about games after 3
fucking halo 3 underaged babbies shitting on muh /m/
>>
>>14422443
>343 retcon the ship that Chief was in the end of Halo 3

? Explain, either this statement doesn't make sense or something happened without me knowing.
>>
>>14422458
3 was cool and all except for how it felt more like H2.5 than a proper iteration.

Front-end design was hella tight though, fucking loved the loading screen animation for Halo 3.
>>
>>14422524
They changed the FUTD's design. See a comment about raping the frigates' designs.
>>14422458
Stay mad. CE isn't better than 3, and 2, while spectacular had a far worse MP than 3. Grow up.
>>
>>14419101
yeah, i liked the trilogy

by the end I got a weird sense of dread that's hard to pull off in books. I was impressed.

Might have been the way the Domain reacted and the formerly inert star bridges starting to go nuts
>>
>>14419876
>Are the newer books worth reading then?

Yes, i'd say pretty much every Halo novel is worth reading, with a few exceptions: Thursday War and especially mortal dictata are skippable unless you really like the new characters introduced in glasslands; and The Flood is just combat evolved as a book with some extra shit and isn't great so it can be skipped if you want as well.

The order of release for all of them is pretty much the best order. Use http://www.halopedia.org/halo_novels as your reference, though don't forget the anthologies way at the bottom of the page that aren't listed in the table.

>and played the first few games. Reach is the latest game I played, and only the start of that.

You'll want to play all the games as well, the two mobile twin stick shooters not included. Assuming you haven't played Halo Wars, Halo 4, and Halo 5 in addition to not finishing Reach, you'll want to finish reach at pretty much any time after reading Ghosts of Onyx; you should play wars after you read contact harvest but before Cole protocol, play Halo 4 after you finish the forerunner triology, and play halo 5 once you've finished every novel that's currently out right now.

This is assuming you want to read all the books and play all the games, of course. You could play the games first without going through all the books, but if you plan on doing both, that's the ideal order.

>>14422647
>while spectacular had a far worse MP than 3
I disagree.

>>14422443
Halo 5 has fantastic MP at least
>>
>>14423476
>I disagree.
Fair enough, but it doesn't mean I'm a 3babby like the other faggot implied.

>Halo 5 has fantastic MP at least
Yes.

>Glasslands
>Naomi
>M-muh Halsey was evil and took muh life from me.
>all Spartan's have had these selfish thoughts ripped from their minds.
God damn, what a hack job.
>>
>>14423572
>God damn, what a hack job.

Honestly, I thought Glasslands was fine. It wasn't one of the best books, but it's not nearly as bad as other people make it out to be, and most people's complaints with it are overblown. There was bound to be a few spartans who resented halsey, and what she did was always intended to be a very morally questionable thing to begin with, and a lot of the characters shitting on her in the book have a good reason to.

It's really only mortal dictatata that's terrible.
>>
>>14423646
>There was bound to be a few spartans who resented halsey
It doesn't make any sense that it's just Halsey though.
If they were gonna get bothered by being tinkered on (which none of the S-II's that graduated should have because of their conditioning), they should be bothered by the whole of the SPARTAN project's backers, not just Halsey.

Fucking "war crimes", seriously? Fuck all of that.

>Mortal Dictata
The cover art of that book is so, soo much more interesting than what we got.Could've had an actually interesting exploration of the ethics of cloning, and we just got "muh dad and deep personal story" and "muh clonz r bad".
>>
>>14423692
>they should be bothered by the whole of the SPARTAN project's backers, not just Halsey.

I think you are underestimating ONI's capacity to mislead and manipulate people, and paragonbsky''s craftiness in particular in combination with her personal grudge against halsey.

The kilo 5 books outright more or less say paragonsky is intentionally maniuplating and selecting just the right people to be used so that the kilo 5 team would hate halsey and would go after her instead of blaming ONI as a whole.
>>
Really any EU is fine so long as they remember not to fuck with Linda.
>>
File: gallery_33587_219_90271.jpg (713 KB, 797x1200) Image search: [Google]
gallery_33587_219_90271.jpg
713 KB, 797x1200
>>14423725
The problem with this is that it makes the S-II's (well mostly Naomi, but it reflects on the rest) look exceedingly fucking stupid.
These are people that grew up with Halsey, fully aware of what she was doing, and while maybe not exactly willing, they had to somewhere make the choice to be the dauntless titans they would become.

Osman is on point, and it makes sense how she could have turned bitter after being under Paragnosky's tutelage, but for a Covenant war veteran S-II, it's just absurd to accept that shit.

Would've been a whole lot more interesting if Kilo-five as a whole got rused, but Naomi was like huh, something is up.

Case in point: John meets that one girl from his youth and more or less shrugs. Naomi starts mulling what is akin to defection over.
UNSC. Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
>>
File: halo 5 forge scarab gun.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
halo 5 forge scarab gun.webm
3 MB, 800x450
WE HALO 2 MODDED LOBBIES AGAIN NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXiFqe0pMmg
>>
>>14422443
SHE'S NOT HOLDING IT LIKE THIS
>>
>>14423824
Too late.
>>
You've got idea how happy reading this thread has made me you faggots.

Glad the old contingent of fans is still out there and sees the 343 shit for what it is.

What's really annoying is if you look at some of the art books for the later Halo's you see some fucking amazing shit that never made it into the game that would've really made Halo their own instead of the generic shit it is now.

Halo 4 and 5 feel focus tested to death.
>>
>>14426431
Halo 5 is good though
>>
File: JackalSniper.png (554 KB, 684x1060) Image search: [Google]
JackalSniper.png
554 KB, 684x1060
>>14419265

Halo 3's Jackals were the absolute best.
>>
>>14426459
It's multiplayer
Maybe but even then it was nothing stellar, andthe campaign was pure dogshit. But I'm one of those weird faggors who like halos story and universe so theres that.
>>
>>14426611
I also like the lore, and I agree the campaign and story is pretty shit compared to the other halo games, but it has my favorite MP from the franchise yet.
>>
File: galo sengen.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
galo sengen.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>14418546
>>
>>14426431
>>Halo 4 and 5 feel
and by the wrong demographic.
>>
>>14418546
Grunt mech boss for warzone firefight
>>
>>14426611
The mechanics, maybe, but when you can pay real money for an instant kill bayonet and unlimited super speed, the game is dead to me.
>>
>>14431080
>but when you can pay real money for an instant kill bayonet and unlimited super speed, the game is dead to me.

Not really. There's so many fucking built in systems in warzone to prevent you from being able to pay to win it that that's not really a concern: you get enough points via normal play to get plenty of packs yourself, you can't use top tier req's till late into each match, and you can't drop good req after good req due to the energy cost.

Also, warzone is the shits and giggles mode anyways, complaining about it being unfair is like complaining action sack is unfair: that's the point
>>
>>14431080
>>14431444
>playing Warzone

pfft
>>
>>14431487
I still refuse to give them my money. I'm waiting for the usual GOTY edition to come out and buy it used for $20.
>>
>>14431487
Warzone is fun but you need to not be able to take it seriously.

>>14431490
>GOTY edition

What? Halo 5 doesn't have any paid DLC. All of the maps and modes and shit it got post launch are free.
>>
>>14431490
Warzone is free, ignoring the microshilltransactions. I kinda doubt they'll do anything more than include a limited REQ pack.
I kinda doubt 5 will get the GOTY treatment anyway.

>>14431496
Eh, I disagree that it's fun, and I actually love all the other elements of 5's MP.
>>
>>14431496
Well, it's still $60 used, so i'll still have to wait a while.
>>
>>14431508
Wut? Where do you live?
>>
>>14431561
Ontario, Canada.
>>
>>14431588
Ah.
Yeah, it ain't worth that price.
>>
>>14431592
Yeah, new games are $80 here nowadays, so it is discounted, but a 1/5th off isn't really so great.
>>
>>14431642
>canada is the new australia
>>
Name a cooler AI than Offensive Bias.

Professional hint: You cannot.
>>
>>14431728
But that's not Exuberant witness
>>
>>14431748
I didn't say cutest.
>>
>>14431728
learning about battle between Offensive Bias and Mendicant Bias blew me away.

I also really like the plot point that Mendicant Bias was stored in the Dreadnought and the suggestion that he repented by aiding the Chief on the Ark.
>>
>>14411298
Featureing Old Man Joker
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.