[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CODE: HARDCORE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Indie /m/ech game. 2D Action Platformer with heavy inspirations from SRW.
>>
and I forgot the link like a moron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RJ-4C-JS-I
>>
the name is terrible but it looks ok.
>>
>>14385260
>Kawamori?
>>
>>14385385
Yup
>>
This actually looks really cool.
>>
The gameplay looks like a copy of that one Korean MMO mecha game. Anyone remember it?
>>
Gameplay reminds me a lot of Metal Warriors for the SNES, especially with pilots being able to exist out of their mechs and run around. Really loving the heavy SRW OG vibes this is giving off.
>>
Gameplay looks pretty cool, but I'm wondering if there's a side-scrolling 'adventure' mode to it or if it's strictly a PVP arena brawler.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1247x696) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1247x696
Oh good, they made a character based on my fetish of punching robots to death
>>
>>14385481
Me too, would be nice to have a singleplayer mode.
>>
>>14385528
I see they partially took Weltall-Id as an influence on this one.
>>
Is it for PC?
>>
>>14385255
Is it going to be on Steam?
>>
What's Kawamori doing there?

Also, it amuses me that they spelled artillery right but misspelled assault.
>>
>>14385481
A single player mode would imply working to showcase character abilities and lore.

Obviously it will only be pvp. Which makes it insta-shit in my book, fuck playing videogames with people.
>>
>>14385260
>cqc
has laserbeams and a rocket punch
>>
File: grungust-1.gif (49 KB, 516x730) Image search: [Google]
grungust-1.gif
49 KB, 516x730
>>14385610
Seems to have some heavy Grungust influence with the head shape and the the particular styling of the chest blaster
>>
>>14385255
>14385255
what the hell is that kawamori playing there?!
>>
>>14385887
>What's Kawamori doing there?
He thinks it needs more idols.
>>
Based Kawamori
>>
Looks decent.
>>
>>14385255
> Huh heavily inspired by
> Some of these designs are less heavily inspired by and more rip-off
> Who makes this?
> Rocketpunch.cn
> .cn
> China
That explains everything.
But it's nice to see them pretending to give a fuck.

Looks cool though, will likely pick it up on PS4 because I am a whore for such things.

Unrelated sidenote:
First hear about this game on the superbestfriends podcast
Woolie talks about how this is the first SRW-like thing to ever be an action game
Did SRW OG: Infinite Battle exist only for me?
Was the Another Century Episode series just a massive fever dream?
>>
Is this a fighting game or platformer like megaman?
>>
>>14387345
It's like Metal Warrior's two player mode.
>>
File: raycrash redkite.jpg (40 KB, 250x338) Image search: [Google]
raycrash redkite.jpg
40 KB, 250x338
>>14385255
Fuck off Woolie.

And it looks more like fucking Raycrash. And the cockpit ejection system and fighting on-foot is a dead ringer to Metal Warriors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCQX4B1YUbQ
>>
>>14387325
>Did SRW OG: Infinite Battle exist only for me?

That game was shit and you know it.

>Was the Another Century Episode series just a massive fever dream?

yes.
>>
>>14387325
I guess you can argue that's the first SRW action thing with 2D sprites since ACE and IB were 3D. It's a flimsy argument, but it's the best I got.

That being said I would love a proper SRW themed side scrolled.
>>
Is Kawa involved or was he just on the convention they showed this?
>>
>>14387360
>And it looks more like fucking Raycrash.
Whatever happened to that? I thought they said they were going to make a Raycrash 2, there were even videos of it at some point.
>>
always wanted a playable version of SRW's battle scenes

find it hard to believe in the idea there could be "indie" devs in Beijing, but I'd like a good /m/ultiplayer game
>>
>>14387687
there's the gachapon senshi Gundam Famicom games that bounce from overhead strategy maps to pvp, the early ones with overhead action stages, the later ones with jRPG turn-based combay
>>
>>14385255
Look cool, I'll probably buy it if the review aren't trashing it.
>>
Looks cool as hell.
Mecha designs look great even if they're clearly derivative.

I'm sad though because I told myself if I ever started an indie games company, we would be called Rocket Punch Studios, and they beat me to it.
>>
>>14387325
>Did SRW OG: Infinite Battle exist only for me?

It might as well have
>>
>>14385260
Jesus, dat bgm.
>>
File: Gundam_Thunderbolt.jpg (330 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Thunderbolt.jpg
330 KB, 768x1024
>>14387325
Woolie's a fucking tryhard who doesn't know a goddamn thing about mecha, that's why.

That said he's still a cool guy and one of the only talking heads I've ever listened to that gives a fuck about robots.
>>
>>14393080
What pisses me off is he calls every fucking beam weapon a laser. There's a reason gundam doesn't use fucking beam weapons.

As far as I know, Gundam doesn't use handheld laser weapons, right? The last Gundam I know that featured mobile suits using lasers was fucking Wing, and that was in the "Barge vs White Fang" episode where Leos and Tauruses used lasers to fight Virgo IIs.

Also, he has a hardon for Gurren Lagann. Ok, we know, can you please stop calling every drill-equipped robot a fucking gurren lagann clone?
>>
>>14396215
>What pisses me off is he calls every fucking beam weapon a laser. There's a reason gundam doesn't use fucking beam weapons.
Brainfart, I mean "There's a reason gundam doesn't use fucking laser weapons anymore".
>>
>>14396215
>Ok, we know, can you please stop calling every drill-equipped robot a fucking gurren lagann clone?

He's prone to that in general, first thing he encounters of something is the genesis of all other things of that type.
>>
>>14385255
>>14387325
Looked good until discover this shit was fully made by chinese company.

Spyware at finest.
>>
>>14385255
Doesn't look like it controls like a robot.
>>
>>14399344
What the fuck does that even mean?

Doesn't control like which robot?

I don't know if you've noticed, but /m/ has rather a lot of different robots that all control completely differently, from 1:1 Pilot Movement to stompy tanks with legs. I'd say this game covers a large range of them.
>>
>>14385255
I was disappointed that it wasn't on Steam. What platforms is it being developed for?
>>
>>14399772
Coming out for Steam / PS4 / Xbone according to their website
>>
>>14387548
I think he was just at the convention that showed it.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.