[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2f knqVk2yk Suppose they&#
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: convicted felon.png (613 KB, 984x720) Image search: [Google]
convicted felon.png
613 KB, 984x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2fknqVk2yk

Suppose they'll find and bring back large quantities of helium-3 from there, do you think Minosky particles have a chance of being more than a theory?

Anyway Jupiter General I guess
>>
>>14384962
If they do, /k/ will go fucking ballistic because, MUH MISSILES and MUH DRONES
>>
>>14385817
Why's that?
>>
>>14385839
Because Minovsky particles basically send military theory back to the fucking Victorian era.

Yes, you have fuck-huge weapons, but have fun trying to get any utility out of them. If you want anything done right, you need to get in close and do it yourself.
>>
>>14385871
And this of course would make their greatest argument against giant robots for military purposes fall flat.

I get it now.
>>
>>14385875
It would also mean we'd have to dust off two of the Iowas and maybe the heavy cruiser Salem for the naval gunfire support role since our vaunted Guided shells would be multi-million dollar paperweights.
>>
>>14385957
Well, we could put dumb fire railguns on our existing ships, but that would be ridiculously expensive, and we don't have combat ready railguns just yet.
>>
>>14386009
But Transformers 2 said we do!
>>
>>14386009
Or we could put them on freshly built battleships, destroyers and cruisers designed for such weapons which gives us the added bonus of reducing (or outright eliminating) the additional costs incurred by ripping out the innards of several dozen CGs and DDGs just to fit them with reactors capable of powering the damn things and doing something like that on such a massive scale for that many ships that would be effectively obsolete anyways is so fucking expensive congress would likely just approve a massive construction program (which would benefit dozens of senators and representatives with states along major waterways) instead.
>>
>>14386043
That's really the best example you could have come up with?
>>
>>14384962
Minovsky physics is pretty much impossible.
it all relies on one hypothetical nuclear reaction, that would contradict all observations scientists have made to this day. also there's no physical reason to postulate a Minovsky particle that is produced in the fusion of helium nuclei.
>tl;dr minovsky physics is not real

but I like the amount of detail writers have put into this plot device over the years
>>
File: latest.png (7 KB, 200x136) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
7 KB, 200x136
>>14384962
Fuck Jupiter
>>
>>14387952
Anon, our very understanding of the universe changes day to day, who's to say it isn't possible, Hawking might not be able to and certainly not anons on 4chan
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.