[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost half the series in, someone needs to tell me why the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 56976546_p0.png (578 KB, 964x1240) Image search: [Google]
56976546_p0.png
578 KB, 964x1240
Almost half the series in, someone needs to tell me why the fuck I shouldn't think that Freyja shouldn't be the obvious winner of the Deltabowl?

No do not give me any bullshit about "muh previous conventions". I'm talking about regarding what the show is telling me. How can anybody say that Mirage is standing an actual chance here? I mean I do not even think they have shared a "moment" that wasn't actually about Freyja or had Freyja involved in the discussion
>>
>>14384216
Hayate hasn't been shown to have feelings for either Freyja or Mirage. And of the two of them, only Freyja seems to be falling in love with Hayate. That's usually a recipe for FRIENDZONED.
>>
Who cares about your shitshow when G-Reco is 3x better?
>>
>>14384223
>. And of the two of them, only Freyja seems to be falling in love with Hayate.
Well that's obviously not true after the jellyfish festival episode
>>
File: [Filename].jpg (27 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
[Filename].jpg
27 KB, 800x600
>>14384247
I love this false-flag.
>>
>>14384216
buy Hayate doesn't give a shoit about them
he's pent on getting as gud as Messer
>>
>>14384263
Of course I know Hayate doesn't see them like that romantically because that's not the focus of the show but there will have to be a winner in the end.
>>
What if they both win?
>>
>>14384216

Going by previous conventions at the half way point you'd think Hikaru would have ended up with Minmei and Mylene with Basara. Judging an element of a show like that when it's half way done is silly.

That said, so far I think Mirage has a better chance, because while he has a better friendship with Freyja, he has a better connection with and deeper conversations with Mirage. And Freyja works better on her own, where Mirage comes off like she needs someone to stand beside her, to help her get along. Hayate speaks with Freyja about liking her music and wanting to protect her, but he speaks with Mirage about dealing with his first kill, the first death of a comrade, wanting to be better and so on. It's more heartfelt conversation, compared to the breezy stuff he discusses with Freyja a lot of the time in comparison.

The show could do anything in the remaining 13 episodes though, so calling it seems pointless and if he ends up with Freyja or neither I'll be quite happy since the show has done a decent job with her as a character. If anything, Mirage appears to need more work, since she's really done fuck all. Hopefully the new responsibilities and position will help push her to become better though.
>>
>>14384352
Hayate gets together with Freyja until they're all in their 30s, then gets with Mirage when Freyja finally passes away from old age?
>>
>>14384359
By previous conventions I'm talking about how people think Mirage is a shoo-in because "older girls always win". I mean, arguably yes, this is true but that's also because the story leaned in that direction

> he has a better connection with and deeper conversations with Mirage
I greatly disagree about the connection part because Hayate and Freyja literally have a physical connection that they showed in episode 8 when she fold boosted him.

Regarding deeper conversations, the talk about his first kill is the only time I thought Hayate and Mirage had a moment at all. This is what I meant by how it feels like any sort of conversation between the two ends up either involving Freyja or being about Freyja like that time they were on the beach
>>
>>14384359
the only bit of reasonable analytics ive ever seen on /m/
>>
>>14384361
... makes sense, unless aomeone pulls some bullshittium out thin air and Windies lose their short life span
>>
>>14384401

You feeling like it's true doesn't make it actually true, because in reality they've had at least a couple of other discussions that haven't involved Freyja at all, including discussing Messer's death when Hayate saw Mirage alone and went to talk with her two episodes ago and discussing their shared desire to be better pilots several episodes ago.
>>
>>14384414
>unless aomeone pulls some bullshittium out thin air and Windies lose their short life span
Sheryl actually died in the last episode of Frontier and Ranka brought her back to life so honestly, I am pretty sure they have the potential to have this happen.
>>
>>14384216
Mostly because dynamics so far suggest brother-sister relation with Freya and friend/colleague with Mirage. Really, there is more romance in Kaname/Arad ship then in main, gods, triangle. there is no need for romance here.

Then again, this is Kawamori. This man knows how to troll.
>>14384267
Why? Frontier TV had Sky Endind, 7, well, Mountain? Plus had concluded it's triangle definitely, as did Zero but since SDF, there was no clear solution to main love triangle in Macross. Mind you, TV series.
>>14384352
Anon can only hope. At this point only love geometry that interest me is that surrounding Kaname.
>>14384466
>Sheryl actually died
lost will to live and was dying because space aids infection.
>>14384414
>Windies lose their short life span
>something something fold wave shenanigans.
Technically, removal of ruin network might do the trick, unless windemeres enhancements are pure physical.
>>
>>14384361
>Hayate gets together with Freyja until they're all in their 30s, then gets with Mirage when Freyja finally passes away from old age?

You know Freja is going to marry little Heinz.
And Hayate/Mirage will never come to be.
The only relationship is the pseudo/full-lesbian romance between girl mechanic and green singer of the walkure.
>>
>>14385055
>Really, there is more romance in Kaname/Arad ship
You mean something that literally had no in-show basis other than people gossiping?
>>
>>14385251
Exactly.
>>
>>14385083
>You know Freja is going to marry little Heinz.
What? How? They've never even met, and Heinz is a brocon through and through.
>>
>>14384253
They didn't do anythinga t the Jellyfish festival.
>>
How do people know Delta is only going to be 26 episodes and not 52?
>>
>>14385529
>How do people know Delta is only going to be 26 episodes and not 52?

Because Macross is not Gundam, and 25 episode series is the norm these days.
>>
>>14385568
SDF Macross was, what, 36?

7 was 52.

Frontier was 25.

Delta is more like 7.
>>
>>14385601
This isn't going to be 52 episodes. First of all, Satelight just doesn't do that, second of all, we know that there are 9 BDs and there's three episodes on the first one so that means it will be 26-27 episodes
>>
>>14386040
Plus any specials afterwards.

This time, let's hope for OAVs.
>>
>>14386040
>>14386079
Don't forget the inevitable movie duology.
>>
>>14386345
Please. It'll be a Trilogy.
>>
>>14384216
Please, the fucking VF-31 is the true winner anon.
>>
>>14386549
>fucking VF-31
A true /m/an.
>>
>>14385529
9 Blurays, anon. The same number Frontier got
>>
>>14384216
The biggest obstacle is rather that show is likely not gonna go there and leave it unresolved. It's not the main focus of the show, like with Frontier, so it's not really gonna create that much of an outrage (I tell myself anyway).

I'm fine with it anyway, because the show has given me enough hints to see where it would go if its left hanging at the end
>>
>>14386840
That's just S1.
>>
>>14384216
Requesting the pic of Kawa/m/ori on the anti-aircraft gun.
>>
>>14386867

Macross doesn't really do shows that are split into seasons. Maybe Delta will change that, but I doubt it.

Kawamori is more interesting in telling you a story and finishing it than he is in trying to see how long you will pay him to keep selling you the same characters and teasing a plot progression.

This is the same guy who puts his main characters on a bus at the end of almost every Macross specifically to make sure that fans won't request them back later.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.