[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jet Jaguar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Do you think JJ will possible show up in the future if they were to work on more godzilla films? If so how would they introduce this character to the modern audience?
>>
>>14381493
>When they introduce Mechagodzilla, he's not Godzilla's enemy, he's his ally helping him out when the enemy monster proves to be too much for our hero.
>During the final battle mechagodzilla is severely damaged, it has to cast off it's outer armor to function.
>Loud interlocking sounds flood the scene as steam exudes from the robot dinosaur's scattering frame.
>Cut to a scene of the damaged Mechagodzilla's head falling to the ground and then panning up to show the inner, human like frame preparing to fight.
>The inner frame is Jet Jaguar.
>>
>>14381493
Never, JJ is pure 70's narm.
Nip. audience would scoff at it and Western ones would have a field day. There's no way he will ever appear anywhere anymore.
>>
>>14381493
Maybe in a possible pacific rim x godzilla crossover movie

>new experimental jaeger
>attempts at creating a system to save jaeger pilots as they are hard to come by
>special AI is developed to take over to keep fighting if the jaeger is in a dangerous state so the two pilots can eject safely
>required human pilots at first to guide the new system
>sortie out to intercept a kaiju
>pilots are shit, end up getting scared and eject early
>AI controlled jaeger takes control and ends up winning its fight
>AI eventually learns so much to the point it gains a personality
>becomes the first pilotless jaeger
>Jet Jaguar is born
>>
>>14381820
I agree. Average plebs already have enough trouble stomaching modern kaiju stuff as is, so JJ would be a massive curve ball. Unless he's radically re-imagined, his cheesiness could possibly bring about a whole lot of damage to this struggling genre.

They could use him for some comedy version, though.
>>
If he were too different it would defeat the point of his appeal.

Someone did preview for a fanfilm that showed at G Fest last year called "Jet Jaguar: Project M11" that looked pretty sick. Havent been able to find it online, but I havent looked recently.
>>
I can see why Jet Jag is popular. He really stands out amongst the other Toho suits. But he was only in one film, so he doesn't seem like a priority.
>>
>>14381925
But the size changing tho
>>
I've always assumed there must be legal issues or something with Jet Jaguar
>>
>>14381766
or jet jaeger
>>
>>14384692
Detachable ai pod that turns into a human sized robutt.

It is an idea for a modern take of jet jaguar.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.