[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say IBO is unpopular? There's a lot of things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10
File: Untitled-41.jpg (177 KB, 864x1116) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-41.jpg
177 KB, 864x1116
Why do people say IBO is unpopular? There's a lot of things I don't like but I don't pretend they weren't popular like SEED. But it feels like there is this idea that IBO is actually hated when really people just don't like it.

My idea of something that was actually unpopular was AGE. That is something you could tell was unpopular

I feel like that unless the show doesn't break some kind of record like SEED, 00 or Unicorn, it's considered not a popular show when that isn't how that works
>>
>>14381259
Have you seen the DVD/Bluray sales? Those have really, really dropped.
>>
>>14381331
They're dropping at the usual rate for a blu-ray. Like if it had gone down to like 4k or something, yeah
>>
>>14381331
Literallly the same dropping rate that Reco had, 10k > 7k. Unless you're counting the first volume but this is dumb because it was half price. Hell, I remember months ago G-Reco arguing, and they were right, that you can't compare G-Reco's first volume to IBO's because of the price, that a fair comparision was v2 vs v2.
>>
>>14381416
>that you can't compare G-Reco's first volume to IBO's because of the price, that a fair comparision was v2 vs v2.
This is how retarded IBOfags are
>>
>>14381259
>Why do people say IBO is unpopular?
Ratings were bad and sales arent that much of an improvement over G-Reco, a show many deemed a failure because it didn't do as well as SEED and 00. So why is it that IBO a show that's doing the same considered a success? As far as Banrise is concerned if you're not doing AGE numbers you're a hit.
>>
>>14381447
>G-Reco, a show many deemed a failure because it didn't do as well as SEED and 00.
That's called trolling. It did fine.
>>
>>14381438
No, this is how retarded you are (and new as you obviously weren't here when we were discussing sales 3 months ago or you would already knew this). G-Recofags were the ones arguing that, not IBOfags.
>>
Can't hate something so boring.
>>
>>14381447
Anyone who says that one is a success but the other is a failure is a retard or a troll. Their numbers are pretty much the same.
>>
>>14381447
>As far as Banrise is concerned if you're not doing AGE numbers you're a hit.
Yet IBO has the same ratings average as the Kio parts of AGE. G-Reco's admittedly are lower, but are still good considering the late night timeslot.
>>
But how is the Gunpla selling? That matters more to a Gundam series than DVD/BD sales.
>>
>>14381416
>>14381497
>N-n-n-n-n-no you can't compare it to the first volume because it'll make IBO look worse.
>>
>>14381526
G Reco: Tomino's 26 episode contribution as a topper to UC and he wanted to give kids a message over anything else, designs were not really made with perfect articulation in mind for kits, airing at the same time as Gundam Cash Cow Try, put in a late-night slot,
IBO: Nagai and Okada draw in casual fans with their names to deliver a new story about something but who cares because it's EDGY and DRAMATIC and it is designed with cheap as fuck model kits in mind, in THE prime-time slot, tons and tons of character merch from statues to character plates to pencil bags, 52 episodes full length niggas, advertised everywhere, English dub and streaming

Ratings: Very comparable despite time slot difference, and IBO underperformed compared to YuGiOh and the show succeeding it while G-Reco did good/standard for its own, leading me to give it to Greco
BDs: IBO sells slightly more with a half-priced first volume (promo code included!), still very comparable and one would probably say Greco wins
Gunpla: Unknown, vanilla Graze, Barbatos and Rebake apparently sold like hotcakes but a Bandai dude did mention that sales were fantastic during Try/Greco so who knows for sure. IBO almost surely outsold.

Results: Stick to A/Z
>>
>>14381259
Ratings numbers suggested so along with its general popularity here on /m/. Whether it was a "success" or "failure" or not is another story altogether. I'm pretty sure IBO did just fine if not pretty well in gunpla sales. A lot here seem to be just miffed over another good concept for a show gone wasted and decent/good mecha designs animated so poorly at times in the show. Basically MGSV Phantom Pain effect.
>>
It's as popular as a AU Gundam is gonna get these days.

That is to say, not as much as it used to.
>>
>>14381588
The Brewers and the Turbines MS were not good sellers, leading to Gunota to claim weaker sales during this time. That's 5 kits out of 19 right there, but there are kits that sell very well as well. Barbatos, Graze, Graze Ritter, Grimgerde and the Rebake. We have nothing really on how the Kimaris did.
>>
>>14381730
In short, it must have done well enough to warrant a season 2 but Bandai wasn't bragging about it like they did for Build Fighters. The impression I got from the finale was they didn't know whether they were getting one or not, so they tried to wrap up as much as possible just in case.
>>
>>14381662
>designs were not really made with perfect articulation in mind for kits
I hate that excuse. Anything can be made with the right amount of motivation and effort (especially with modern gunpla engineering). It was clear from the start Bandai had very little faith in the HG G-Reco line and was surprised it sold as well it they did so they rushed to make more just as the show was ending.
>>
I don't get it.

What's the point in arguing ratings if it's pulling it's own weight in disc and Gunpla sales?
>>
>>14381900
Because ratings, like disc sales, give us some insight of how it's going. The fact of the matter is, Mika's Magical Murder Tour only averaged the same as Kio's parts of AGE despite being in a very prominent timeslot. It's disc sales have dropped to the point that IBO's volumes 5/6 have sold less than G-Reco's. And while the Gunpla is doing well, they're not bragging about it.

IBO is the horse Banrise put their money on. Not G-Reco, not Build Fighters. IBO. It's the one they decided to put on major streaming services and announce a dub before episode 2 aired. And if it's only doing as well as those shows, that doesn't make it look good.
>>
>>14381259
IBO is hated because it had potential. The first three episodes hooked a lot of people before it became about ineffectual filler villains, long-lost brothers, and Kudelia sugoi.

When a show starts strong and quickly goes to shit people feel like they've lost something.
>>
>>14382020
>IBO is hated because it's current Gundam
FTFY
>>
>>14381714
its gonna turn out to be set in the far future of UC

any fucking bet
>>
>>14381965
It's doing good both in Japan and the West. The days of TV Gundams being a hit are long gone, not even GBF was able to be huge like 00 and SEED despite being the only good Gundam in 8 years.
>>
>>14381965
Ratings don't mean shit.

Build Fighters and Build Fighters Try sold a shit ton more kits than G-Reco despite having lower ratings. IBO is also selling as much as Build Fighters did to warrant a second season for new product.
>>
File: WhatModelFagsLike.png (174 KB, 1170x616) Image search: [Google]
WhatModelFagsLike.png
174 KB, 1170x616
>>14381447
>Ratings were bad and sales arent that much of an improvement over G-Reco

The number of modelfags out there building IBO kits over G-Reco kits says otherwise. It's a pretty big gap. Actually IBO is pretty close to overtaking Wing among modelers in Japan

Remember the demographic that contributes the most to sales? The people who buy kits
>>
>>14381416
Isn't G-reco really unpopular? Isn't using it as a point of comparison a bad sign?
>>
>>14382318
What is the number? 313 VS 544? It is not THAT big, considering IBO has more and better gunpla.
>>
Maybe kids just don't care about robots anymore
>>
>>14382020
This guy knows the real reason why we hate IBO.
>>
Can we at least say that Kudelia was cute?
>>
>>14381259
Every gundam after 00 was like that anon.
>>
>>14381259
Fuck the haters, I liked it and am looking forward to s2.
>>
>>14382020
OP here. I don't like the show either, actually I kind of dropped it after episode 8 but I just also don't pretend that it didn't do decent for Banrise
>>
>>14382205
>only good Gundam in 8 years.
Gundam was never good. Build Babbies was trash.

>>14382613
/m/ never cared about robots to begin with.

>>14382689
No.

>>14382759
Stop trying to make people like you. You're still a faggot!
>>
>>14382283
Wrong on both accounts dumbfuck
>>
>>14382318
That's not a sales site dumbfuck, that's just a site in which modeling show off which kits they're making. IBO isn't overtaking anything..
>>
>>14382689
Atra was cute. Kudelia was retarded and aggravating.
>>
Do the show's Blu-Ray's offer anything different from the broadcast versions?
>>
>>14382919
No Sunrise logo.
>>
>>14381730
Wow, the Turbine designs were some of the stronger ones in the series (IMO). I would've hoped they were higher.
>>
>>14383077
Too thick/fat for modern tastes, didn't really do much of anything on screen while lacking cool gimmicks to make up for it like rebake, not grunt-like enough looking for grunt-fags, not a gundam or mono-eye, and piloted by girls without being effeminate looking themselves.

They sort of fell into that middle area dead zone for the various types of people who buy gunpla.
>>
Keep in mind G-Reco got a full subbed BD release, IBO's isn't even up to date with their releases. We get two volumes and then nothing in months.
>>
>>14382205
>>14382283

You keep telling yourselves that. You guys use Build Fighters, ignoring that it didn't have the prestigious Sunday Evening timeslot. That timeslot is important for a reason mates.

Despite that, it was popular with kids who ended up buying kits. Meanwhile, those same kids couldn't watch G-Reco because it literally aired in the middle of the night.
>>
>>14383148
that's pirate interest nothing else

Remember, the guy who subs new Gundam BDs OZC anime is a moral fag who takes down his releases when he sees the official release about to be announced
>>
>>14382877
>believing G-Reco sold more kits than Try

Wold class delusion right there.
>>
>>14381662
I really going to miss the
>Stick to A/Z
>>
>>14383772
I'm not
>>
>>14383148
That's more to do with the fact that there really isn't much point to IBO BDs since last I heard, there aren't even any changes to them from the TV releases.
>>
I think it's also worth noting with IBO's Gunpla sales that the kits are really, really cheap. Most BF and G-Reco kits are somewhere between 1500-2000 yen, yet IBO only has 1 kit over 1400 yen (Barbatos with booster at 5400). So, that might have something to do with why it's selling.

The fact they also made a 1/100 NG line also says something about what they're expecting out of the show. They haven't done those since 00.
>>
>>14387622
This is a good strategy, desu. Age, G-Reco and IBO proved that TV Gundams won't be a huge success like 00 and SEED were again. Keep TV Gundams and its merchandise cheap, aim the high quality and budget OVAs to oldfags that are willing to spend a lot of money on it.
>>
>>14387747

G-Reco aired in the middle of the night anon, so it should be considered more a unique case among shows. A rating above 2% is considered pretty good for those kinds of shows, and G-Reco averaged 1.8% with a number of episodes above that 2% mark even towards the end (finale was 2.2%).

It did good in a timeslot where ratings are pretty much non-important.
>>
>>14382020
These are my feelings exactly on IBO. Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>14387818
With Okada writing, did you ever expect it to go right?
>>
>>14381259
>IBO airs
>Suddenly the amount of gunpla being sold in Melbourne doubles overnight, and is far cheaper than before
It might not have been the best show, but if it's going to make gunpla more availble to met I appreciate its existence.
>>
>>14382766
What a worthwhile, meaninful post. I'm sure you changed a lot of opinions.
>>
File: disk sales.jpg (32 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
disk sales.jpg
32 KB, 600x463
>>14381347
>>14381416
>Literallly the same dropping rate that Reco had
> usual rate
Factually incorrect, they have a much steeper drop off even after the first volume. Greco had a small one and then equalised out nicely

5 and 6 selling less and seeing the trend is going down still it has the potential to sell much less and at best equalise
>>
>>14391402
That chart was made using volume 6 first week sales (as opposed to every other number being total sales), it's a shitposting chart that uses fake data to give the impresion that the drop is bigger than it is. So either update it with the total numbers or stop posting it. That is if you aren't trying to shitpost and want a genuine argument.

Also, look at other BD sales, /m/'s savior of mecha anime Fafner had a similar drop, 10k to 6k it's not rare.
>>
File: ibo ratings.png (27 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
ibo ratings.png
27 KB, 600x463
>>14391782
>as opposed to every other number being total sales
The most recent data I can find puts i there. if you can find data that show it shot up be my guest.

Plus your point still fails as there has been a much steeper downward trend for all of them and vol 5s are accurate no mater what you say there is a huge drop and it is looking to equal sales of greco at best.

>fake data
The data is real if you like it or not. It also did shit ratings wise only being saved by the slot, and no muh online views don't count unless you can demonstrate them being very high
>>
>>14391823
To be fair, I made that chart using the numbers from last week. 5 and 6 added a few hundred to their sales since then, but they total something like 200 less than g-reco
>>
>>14391835
can you link your source?
>>
>>14392025
Dude, how new are you?

http://someanithing.com/
>>
>>14391823
Yes, the data is real, the use in the chart is inaccurate and intentionally misleading. If you're making a total sales data you can't use partial sales numbers for IBO's latest volume. This is like common sense. Anon who did that chart, wait for total numbers for next volume.

> there has been a much steeper downward trend for all of them
>much steeper
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>but muh volume 1!! 13k!
Boosted by the half price and the code, would have never sold that much without them. Which again is common sense, but I bet you'll dismiss it to fit your narrative. Anyone who is familiar with anime sales knows that volumes with codes and tickets events always sell a lot more than the next ones.

>vol 5s are accurate no mater what you say
Stop embarrassing yourself, it's not, anyone can check the numbers.

Anyways keep pushing this 'IBO is a failure' meme. I'm sure Sunrise will cancel S2 because an anonymous poster on an imageboard knows better than them if their shows are a success and a failure.
>>
>>14392463
>6,622 2 Kidou Senshi Gundam Tekketsu no Orphans v6
>>
>>14392623
>Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Not that anon, but ~10 degrees difference is pretty steep, and based on that graph, IBO hadn't leveled out like Greco.

>Boosted by the half price and the code, would have never sold that much without them.
That just makes it look worse.

>keep pushing this 'IBO is a failure' meme
Nigger, it aired on primetime Sunday evening. They were printing towels with character's faces on them. It got a 1/100 No Grade line. There are already all sorts of figures clothing merchandise. Even 00 and SEED didn't get pushed quite this hard, but IBO is still somehow selling on par with Reconguista in G, which aired at 2 in the morning on a Friday and had no advertisement barring one early screening. Also, the past two volumes still haven't sold as many as Greco's anyways, and Greco didn't get any touchups either.

>I'm sure Sunrise will cancel S2 because an anonymous poster on an imageboard knows better than them if their shows are a success and a failure
The BDs are identical to the TV airings. Half of the merchandise was cancelled. Chances are, they're just trying hard to clean up and break even.
>>
File: 1449558732133.png (517 KB, 1112x878) Image search: [Google]
1449558732133.png
517 KB, 1112x878
>>14392753
don't forget the pencil cases
>>
>>14392623
>Boosted by the half price and the code, would have never sold that much without them.
You do know why they do that right? It isn't just for a one time good sale, the concept is to gain a bigger install base thus it should be able to sell better over time. Failing to do that and basically going down to the level if you didn't include a code mean it didn't work

the show keeps dropping after that any way
>>
Expecting any AU is to reach SEED/00 levels is just crazy.

Look at Delta the first Macross since the hype machine that was Frontier but it ain't doing as well even with the change in the anime landscape since then but no one will argue that it hasn't been doing well for itself.
>>
>>14392753
>Half of the merchandise was cancelled.
What merch was cancelled?
>>
File: troll-baby-troll-l.png (347 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
troll-baby-troll-l.png
347 KB, 1500x1500
>>14382205
>not even GBF was able to be huge like 00 and SEED despite being the only good Gundam in 8 years.

Nice try, build babby.
>>
>>14392760

> But, but IBO isn't supposed to be for kids.

>>14393251
>>14392753
These guys get it. Vol 1 was meant to hook more buyers with hopes they'll like what they saw and keep buying. And from the looks of things, buyers don't. Going from the first volume to the lowest selling, G-Reco only lost 3180 buyers overall. Meanwhile, IBO lost 2928 by volume 2, 5481 overall by the latest data.
>>
>>14382613
This, but there also has been issues with it's reception. Parents don't want their kids watching IBO.
>>
>>14381259
>Why do people say IBO is unpopular?
>it feels like there is this idea that IBO is actually hated
These things aren't mutually exclusive. Lots of popular things are hated as much as they are loved. IBO doesn't seem very popular to me though. Even AZ managed to sustain discussion on normalfag sites for weeks after airing while literally no one outside the occasional /m/ thread cares about IBO now. The show wasn't that big while airing either. It's decidedly mediocre in every aspect. If it didn't have the gundam name it would have argevollen popularity.
>>
>>14392753
>but IBO is still somehow selling on par with Reconguista in G,
You are the only person on /m/ who has been writing this copy pasta. The sales of IBO mercanduse overall is higher than G reco . Getting a season 2 means IBO made the money to warrant that.
>>
>>14392753
> Half of the merchandise was cancelled

Are you delusional, they just announced a scale mobile worker by megahouse not too long ago. In fact there seems to be MORE mechandise being announced after the show ended.

You cant seem to get over the fact that even if people have shit taste, they mihght outnumber you in purchasing power.
>>
>>14401136
>Getting a season 2 means IBO made the money to warrant that.

Made the money in gunpla sales, not Blu-rays, shitstain.
>>
>>14401186
Blurays are not an indicator of success its gunpla. Why do you think bf try was made, not because of buildfighters deplorable disk sales that's for sure
>>
>>14401136
>Getting a season 2 means IBO made the money to warrant that.
Fucking kek, absolutely wrong. It was always intended to be a 2-part series. G-Reco was never meant to have a second season.
>>
>>14401136
>You are the only person on /m/ who has been writing this copy pasta
That's not what a copypasta is, newfag, and it's pretty apparent to anyone who can do math that Greco and IBO's fifth and sixth volumes have almost identical sales, with Greco being slightly ahead.

>The sales of IBO mercanduse overall is higher than G reco
>G reco, the series with almost no merchandise whatsoever
Where are you getting these invisible numbers, anon?

>>14401169
That applies to literally everything. We're still getting Build Fighters merch on occasion. The original Gundam plamo didn't come out until after the show was already cancelled. The fact that the amount of merchandise it's gotten after finishing airing is about what it got during it's run isn't a particularly good sign. The only thing they seem to have realized is that the people who actually buy miscellaneous bullshit aren't children and don't like their show, so instead we get figures and an art book with a couple t-shirts on the side, which is nearly identical to everything Greco got, which also all came out after the series finished airing.
>>
>>14381526
Yeah but one had a primetime slot with tons of marketing.
>>
>>14381447
stop....fucking...baiting
>>
>>14401703
And the other has Tomino's name attached to it negating the need to actually promote it.
>>
Ibo was never designed to be a 2 season show. That's just bull shit some anon here made up during the livestream of the finale trying to troll /m/. Season 2 was green lighted during the space ark, which is why there was a string of eps with no mecha action as Sunrise stalled to figure out how to extend the series.
>>
>>14401806
Is there any data to support that? If we go by no-proof logic, that's only valid within fan cliques. Being Gundam or worse still UC outstrips Tomino's impact on ratings.
>>
>>14401806
IBO had Okada and Nagai who are both big names that bring in a lot of support
>>
>>14401871
Sorry you're right.

It's not like being Tomino's first Gundam in 15 years would compel people to watch it or anything.
>>
>>14401912
>Friday, 2:00 AM
How many people do you think even knew it was airing? Either way, it's still just an excuse.
>>
>>14401912
Many people that means something to don't watch anime any more cause they grew up, many it would haven't liked his last few works
>>
>>14401912
Did you know over 60% of JP anons don't know anything about Gundam other than knowing it exists? That name means nothing to people who aren't already gundam man children fans
>>
>>14401910
They don't.

If anything having Okada involved is bad publicity considering places like 2ch. and Futaba shit on her just as much as /a/ does.

>>14401963
Enough people to pull in good ratings on a Friday, 2:00 AM according to /m/.

>>14401976
Yes because the Japs wouldn't want to watch the creator of Gundam first related show since 1999, it's also not like the grown-ups would want watch the show directed by the same guy that did the shows they watched when they were kids.
>>
>>14402046
>They don't.
They do, both are popular despite having haters. Kinda like Tomino
>>
File: 1405603447319.png (741 KB, 960x738) Image search: [Google]
1405603447319.png
741 KB, 960x738
>>14402046
>Enough people to pull in good ratings on a Friday, 2:00 AM according to /m/
>[citation needed]
For starters, it was just normal ratings. The idea that everyone watching is a Tomino fanboy or something like that is a no-proof assertion.

>Yes because the Japs wouldn't want to watch the creator of Gundam first related show since 1999
You say this like he's some humongous cultural phenomenon that every person in Nipland is infatuated with and is 100% of Japanese-TMZ-that-doesn't-exist's coverage. The majority of people who are actually able to watch TV at 2 in the morning are NEETs with nothing else to fill their time. Not that many people even care that much about Gundam. I seriously heard someone once say G-reco was made by the guy who did Turn A, not that G-reco was made by the guy who created the entire Franchise and was responsible for a third of everything in it, Yoshiyuki Tomino.

>it's also not like the grown-ups would want watch the show directed by the same guy that did the shows they watched when they were kids
>at 2 in the morning
>when they have to go to work at 3 hours later
>and come home at 7 at night

It's seriously just numbers and you're constantly trying to rationalize why one series did normal for it's timeslot when another did poorly for it's timeslot with nonsensical speculation and no evidence.
>>
These people that keep saying IBO has poor disk sales are retards

Average disk sales:

Gundam Age: 2270 *all volumes out
Build Fighters Try: 4451 *all volumes out
G-Reco sales: 9012 *all volumes out
Build Fighters: 9351 * all volumes out
Orphans: 9461 *not finished yet
>>
File: accident.jpg (181 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
accident.jpg
181 KB, 1600x900
>>14402274
>sales per volume dropping unusually quickly
>recent volumes sold less than G-reco
>this was a series that Sunrise pushed harder than any Gundam before it
Gundam used to push well over 10000+ averages. A lot of normal series get up to 5000-8000 or so and that's considered pretty good, but then again, most shows don't air in the #1 best and most expensive timeslot in Japan. The people saying it had poor disc sales are basing that on theorized sales projections based on how hard the series was pushed. SEED sold almost 60,000 on average. Destiny got 68,000. 00 got 40,000. IBO has gotten more advertisement, discounts, and merchandise than any of them in their first 6 months and yet it can barely compete with two passion projects and two utter flops.
>>
>>14402739
Ultimately, it's a matter of expectations vs. performance. We don't know what the sales projections Banrise had for IBO, and we likely never will. BUT we can see how much faith they had in this product based around how they treat it. While I sincerely doubt it's gotten as much promotion as SEED back in the day, the fact of the matter is everything we've seen seems to indicate they expect IBO to be the next big thing. They got that lovely Sunday Evening timeslot back for IBO, not Build Fighters or G-Reco. They set up numerous streaming deals for outside of Japan, along with planning a dub just as the show started. They expect kids to want to buy pencil cases with Mika on them and towels with Biscuit. They expect it to be big. You don't spend more promoting something if you don't expect to sell it.

So, we begin to gauge what they're expecting and for it to do in the same ballpark as the shows they didn't work as hard to promote, it doesn't make IBO look good. It doesn't make IBO look good when episodes have lower ratings than late night anime, or for DVD/BD sales to begin drying up after volume 1 (look at Cross Ange).
>>
>>14381447
>Ratings were bad
Ah, this meme.

You know IBO was a breakout hit in the newly emerging steaming media services of Japan, right?

Of course you didn't, because they're not included in ratings.

It's actually the whole reason most TV anime is actually getting really low ratings lately, because more and more people are watching anime online.
>>
>>14403040
source?
>>
>>14402163
>For starters, it was just normal ratings.
[citation needed]
Nobody's claiming they were fantastic but I heard they were a little above what's normal, which could reasonably be considered good.
>>
Have there been any IBO creditless openings or endings uploaded yet?
>>
>>14403057
For a late night anime, ratings above 2% are kinda a big deal. G-Reco managed a 1.8% average, with the final episode pulling in 2.2%.

So, good ratings but not a smash hit.
>>
>>14403125
Exactly.
>>
>>14402991
>towels with Biscuit
no Biscuit daki no buy
>>
>>14403190
Shouldnt they sell Biscuit biscuits?
>>
>>14403251
They did Gundam Front Cafe.

It tasted so-so.
>>
>IBO has gotten more advertisement, discounts, and merchandise than any of them in their first 6 months

No it hasn't? There was like little to anything. The level of gunpla is higher but that's because Sunrise and Bandai started coordinating GunPla relases to come out the same week they appeared in the episode starting with Gundam Age as opposed to 4months after the show ended (Strike Freedom HG I'm looking at you).

There wasn't that much IBO non gunpla merchandise until like half way through the series. It was also barely promoted. There wasn't even an IBO billboard in Akihabara. Meanwhile Seed, Destiny, the 00 things had non gunpla merchandise up the wazoo even before the shows had started airing.
>>
>>14403306
I can testify on the 00 billboards.

The one of Exia in Akihabara is what got me into this shit franchise in the first place.
>>
>>14403306
>It was also barely promoted.
It may not have had a billboard but I would not say it was "barely" promoted. Bamco certainly didn't stealth release IBO or not have any expectations of it. It had advertisement in Ikebukuro subway, promotion at the gundam cafe in Akihabara cafe and animage features nearly every month and some newtype ones(obviously) etc.
>>
File: CW9eK5hUsAAsUsS.jpg (50 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
CW9eK5hUsAAsUsS.jpg
50 KB, 600x405
>>14403518
Forgot pic.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.