[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So RE:0096 is exactly the same thing as the OVA's I put
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: download (64).jpg (13 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download (64).jpg
13 KB, 300x168
So RE:0096 is exactly the same thing as the OVA's
I put off watching it since you guys said it's sorta shit and I thought the series might fix it, but if it's the same thing I might as well watch it now...
>>
Well yeah, it was never supposed to be a thing anyway. Brave Beats died after 22 episodes when apparently it was supposed to be 50 episodes like Tribe Cool Crew, so they needed to fill the timeslot with something.
>>
>>14380414
They DID redraw a frame or two tho. /s

Well, that was to be expected, they could have animated some more content from the novel to fill the gaps that existed in the OVA and fill out the proper 26 episode format at the same time - instead we got FIVE MINUTE LONG RECAPS, KEK.

However, as far as i know - the actual anime and OVA's make barely any profit and are just there to whore out the franchise, as vehicles to sell Gunpla. There's no motivation to put any more work in the project - it's a glorified ad.

From that point of view, it makes to minimize the expenses while maximizing profits.

Also, isn't Re: UC0096 a rushjob to fill for some cancelled show?
>>
Out of curiosity did they give unicorn a proper opening, or did they skip it again?
>>
>>14380495
Just listen to Star Ring Child on loop and move on to something more worthy of your time.
>>
>>14380495

Here's the tv opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQSbcU75y8
>>
Wonder why no new episode last Sunday
>>
File: 666.jpg (105 KB, 1896x851) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
105 KB, 1896x851
>>14380454
>However, as far as i know - the actual anime and OVA's make barely any profit and are just there to whore out the franchise, as vehicles to sell Gunpla.

How come they only made small profit? Didn't the OVA sell really well? Like, more than 100k for each episode and the last episode also generated hundred millions yens on movie theaters

Heck, I'm surprised that even the least interesting episode got more than 100k sales
>>
>>14381151
Yeah I looked up some sales for the OVA's a while ago for just the last episode. If the sources I had are to be believed they made a damn good amount of money just from the animation, and then even more from the merchandising.
>>
>>14380414
RE:0096 will replace Iron-Blooded Orphans on Toonami.
>>
>>14380884
Is it just me, or are there some actual new scenes in this OP?
>>
>>14381211
Probably just a few seconds made just for sake of OP.
Had they intended to make an actual additions to the animation - we would have seen them by now. Unless they're working OVA-level material for the final arc, while regurgitating untouched, cut up stuff, right now to stall for time..
>>
>>14381228
Where is the series up to now?
As far the opening suggests, we're only getting a different final battle.
>>
>>14381239
I don't follow RE that closely - but i think it's at the Torrington arc.
>>
>>14381239
>As far the opening suggests, we're only getting a different final battle.
I am all kinds of okay with that. While the thematic elements of the final battle were fine by me, the execution was...... just, yeah
>>
>>14381208
RE:0096 would have been better in the first place
>>
>>14381239
That opening is total bullshit, there's no way they're getting the Awakened Full Armor Unicorn in the final battle without completely reanimating the back end of episode 7. And with the budget this show's had so far, good fucking luck wishing for that.

And even if by some miracle they /did/ decide to change things so Banagher and Audrey fly off to Laplace's Box's unveiling with the Unicorn strapped full of guns (which would necessitate reanimating UNICOOOOOOOORN and haha yeah right), the Neo Zeong would just make all that crap explode right off so what's the fucking point.
>>
Still no Episode 12 yet; they just got to the battle of Torrington.

>>>/wsg/1143862
>>
>>14381248
Yeah, next episode should cover the end of OVA 4.
>>
>>14380414
Just started watching RE:0096 on Gundam info's youtube channel. Got through the ones they have up so far.

Should I bother to watch the OVA at this point?
>>
File: aila bored.jpg (81 KB, 445x607) Image search: [Google]
aila bored.jpg
81 KB, 445x607
>>14381211
most of the "new" footage in the OP is actually just redrawn stuff from the novel PVs.

https://a.pomf.cat/wncffy.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/mzqcqw.webm
https://a.pomf.cat/bbwjpu.webm
>>
>>14382593
Yeah but they were still made from the ground up, using CG models and all that. They just use the same choreography.
>>
I only watch it for the OP and ED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiEOyzXr3zM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ3_qKi9zLo
>>
File: golfgom.jpg (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
golfgom.jpg
17 KB, 640x480
>>14381036
The US Open. Every June it preempts some of the Sunday morning TV Asahi shows.
>>
>>14383039
>mfw when I hurt myself with knives
>Every time
>>
>>14385903

I'm not going to lie, I do like some lines from the OP but that "hurt yourself with knives" and "only you can fly this new unicorn" lines make me cringe.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.