[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: images (2).jpg (38 KB, 355x415) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
38 KB, 355x415
Thinking about buying it on psn. Toughts in it?
>>
It's fine if you like dynasty warriors and hack and slash games
>>
It's not like you play these games for story or gameplay or expect the game to be good.
>>
Exactly. Let me rephrase: Is this games FUN? Does it have good fanservice? Can i happily mash buttons for days if i enjoy this kind of game, or is there something that hinder the fun? And more importantly, does it have the usual challange that Dinasty Warriors offers?
>>
>>14378536
It's repetitive, button-mashing gameplay. Even the simple act of unlocking the MS or pilot you want is a grind fest.

If you like the DW style then it's fine. For me it's the first and last DW game I'll ever play.
>>
If you're not a gundam fan don't bother. If you're open to musou games it's great. I enjoyed it, but only because I could pilot the Hyaku Shiki and have it flip around. If you have a PS4, I'd just import Gundam Breaker 3 instead. It doesn't have pilot wank like Reborn does, but it has more suits and weapons.
>>
I agree, Breaker 3 is much more fun
>>
Not gonna lie, i just love the concept of Gundam's mecha, still have to see more animation tough. And i like good musou games, favorite one being the first Drakengard, not that matters.
Don't know if this board is exactly the best place to ask tough, as im' more interested if the game plays on par with Dinasty Warriors titles, but with a Gundam theme, or it's a dull game.
>>
>>14378744
The gameplay is not as good as samurai warriors 4-2, but it's better than Dynasty warriors from what I can remember. I wouldn't play if you're not in it for the references, as it spoils most of the gundam series if you'd ever be remotely interested in watching it.

The leveling system isn't that autistic grid either, and it feels much less "fun" you just grind for parts with buffs, and train your pilots who get set buffs. The leveling system is pretty weak compared to other musou.
I was >>14378710 and I stand by my "if you're not in it for the reference-wank get GB3 instead"
>>
>>14378753
Thanks for the response, game seems ok at least.

Im' stuck on ps3, so, no GB3 for now.
>>
You can steamroll with the God Gundam, it has the highest possible melee stat in the game and I'm blazing through ultimate mode right now.
>>
>>14378549
And you can stand a bunch of Kira/SEED-wank.
>>
>>14378536
It's probably best DW Gundam out there, worth checking out if you are ok with musou genre.
>>14378710
Gameplay of GB 3 and Reborn is quite different tho. GB 3 is more of a brawler, while Reborn is more your regular musou with tons of enemies.
Sure they both technically related to brawler genre but you can't really call them similar enough to be interchangeable.
>>
>>14383007
You seem to like the musou genre, or at least the game. I really enjoy sinking time doing the objectives and mashing buttons to defet hordes of enemies, so, this game is appealing, but i have some questions:

Good Gundam variety? Nice difficulty?
>>
>>14378536
It's like the second one, except the maps are smaller and there are more units to pick from, but everything that isn't a main character/antagonist machine doesn't have a full moveset.
>>
>>14383113
>You seem to like the musou genre
I'm vaguely familiar with it, played few games (DW7, SW4-II, WO3) but not to point knowing a lot about them.
>Good Gundam variety?
Suit wise? Yeah, you can pilot most of stuff you would want to. Including mobile armor.
Story wise - not so much. You get 0079, Zeta, Char's Counterattack, Unicorn, Seed + Destiny. All are not all that long, very abridged story. Can save Emma tho.
And crossover stuff but I didn't explore it yet enough.
>Nice difficulty?
enough to keep me occupied, tho either it's me who is bad, or just huge enemies balanced weird - seems game spikes difficulty up when you fight giant bosses like Psycho Gundam. You need to jump and attack specific points of huge suit, which didn't really click with me.

Framerate is fine, defeating hordes of enemies in Zaku Tank is pretty enjoyable. It's certainly better than DW Gundam 1 and 3 in my book, at least judging by initial impressions.
>>
>>14383159
Thanks, all i wanted to know. Will pick it up.
>>
>>14383277
keep in mind that >>14383127 said. Some suits have little not varied moveset.
don't expect GM to have a Gundam moveset variety
>>
>>14383302
No problem, seems reasonable.
Is the Gundam Wing DLC already avaliable here?
>>
>>14378536
Do you like Gundam? Do you like beat'em ups and musou games in general? Then its worth getting. I miss the cel-shaded style of the previous game not being used in Reborn but I found it fun. The mechanics with the different equipment packs on the Strike and Impulse were also great.

Just wish there was more Wing and 00 stuff then most of the newer suits and characters being mainly CE.
>>
Get the DLC. The DLC suits are OP and fun as hell.

The game itself is fun.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.