[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: gundam.jpg (644 KB, 914x1280) Image search: [Google]
gundam.jpg
644 KB, 914x1280
How is it actually the best? I thought it would get better going onward, but so far nothing has measured up to the original series. My question is now that I'm about to finish up the UC content, I'm going to watch more early Sunrise stuff amd I was wondering if shows like Dougram, Xabungle, Ideon, etc. are just as good? Did Sunrise just have some really good story writers working for them? I just wanna re-live the feeling of watching 0079 for the first time again.
>>
I dunno, what did you like most about 0079?
>>
>>14378273
But anon, all of gundam is bad.
>>
>>14378273
Definitely watch Dougram next.
>>
>>14378293
>Consistent characterization
>realistic potrayaly of war without resorting to gory imagery
>nice designs
>light hearted down time for characters
>pretty quick pacing and story
>moral ambiguity between both sides of the conflict i.e. no clear cut bad guys
>>
>>14378273

As far as the Gundam franchise goes, I prefer Turn-A, but there's no denying that the story of 0079 is one of the best because it was very character-driven and the world-building framed it well (not all that different from Turn-A). I like the pacing of the movies over the TV show because it cuts down on the filler, but that's just me. One could make the argument that Amuro is a Mary Sue, but he's a Mary Sue done well in my opinion.

I really wish Bandai would commission an updated version of 0079 with better animation, but if they don't have any new designs made to sell plastic, that's probably never going to happen.
>>
>>14378328
>no clear cut bad guys

I'd say that there were some pretty obvious bad guys in 0079.
>>
>>14378328
>no clear cut bad guys
Hahaha gotcha Black Knight

Generally I'd agree though. 0079 does a great job of humanising Zeon. Little things like having zeeks all refer to each other by name go a long way.
>>
Have you watched both Turn A and G-Reco yet? They're both extensions of UC, and are very good. They're both written by the same guy, Yoshiyuki Tomino. Turn A is a lot slower though, but is very character driven, which actually works in its favor.
>>
>>14379021
Working my way up from the /m/ Gundam Guide. Going to take a break from Gundam to check out other series before binging more Gundam. Turn-A and G-Reco both look really good. I kinda take all the shit G-Reco gets on /m/ at face value since /m/ shits on everything. That art kinda trumps a lot of the naysaying for me.
>>
>>14378328
>no clear cut bad guys
There were likable people on the bad team but around the time they started chanting "Sieg Zeon!" was when the line between good and bad guys was clearly drawn.
>>
>>14379487
Honestly, there's some valid complaint about G-reco such as the pacing. But when I see retards bashing the dialogue and then posting obvious metaphor, I think the show also went overhead of a lot of people.

Still one of my favourite gundam, tho, it was pretty fun.

Turn A is just the best.
>>
>>14378333
>I really wish Bandai would commission an updated version of 0079 with better animation
Don't we already have something like that in the form of the movie trilogy? And anyways, we also have the Tomino novels and the Origin manga to go by for decent retellings anyways (even if they're printed and all that jazz).
>>
>>14378322
>Dougram
BOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIING

>>14378328
>no clear cut bad guys
Nobody is innocent. Every character in the entirety of gundam is bad. Just like all of it's fans.

>>14379021
>Turn A and G-Reco
One is tryhard babby's first "Pride and Prejudice", the other is a rehash of King Gainer.

>>14378333
>I really wish Bandai would commission an updated version of 0079 with better animation

By that logic, you're begging for them to give it the same QUALITY animation as all of their recent shit.
>>
>>14378273
>so far nothing has measured up to the original series
Wait...what?
Are you saying that Mobile Suit Gundam doesn't measure up to the original Gundam series? How does that work when 0079 *IS* the original Gundam.
>>
>>14380926
Wait...nvm.
I just realized you're saying nothing else in UC measures up to 0079.
>>
>>14380196
>Don't we already have something like that in the form of the movie trilogy?

Not really. The movies were just a compilation with a few re-animated frames but used mostly the same frames in general.

>>14380908
>By that logic, you're begging for them to give it the same QUALITY animation as all of their recent shit.

Regardless of the personal feelings you may have about recent animation works, it still looks better than '70s era limitations that 0079 had.
>>
>>14380971
>better than
>recent animation works

I disagree. If G-Reco, IBO, and Build Fighters Try are any examples to go by, we've taken a step BACK. Those three are about on the same par as the 70's era limitations.

Oh but let's just assume Sunrise actually has the decency to give a 0079 remake as much thought and budget as Unicorn.

>Crappy CG
>Dated character models in up-to-date art style that doesn't mesh well at all

You're better off just cringing at how Origin tries so hard to be a Miyazaki film.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.