[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys excited about this at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: download (6).jpg (4 KB, 302x167) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
4 KB, 302x167
You guys excited about this at all?
>>
Sure, it looks neat.
>>
That they actually decided to expand the world, give character to the robots, and introduce single player, I have to give them credit for.

But it still probably won't convince me to install Origin or give money to EA. That is, unless they go so far as to give a mea culpa for saying that their giant robots aren't mecha, and as long as they don't pull any extra bonehead moves like forcing installation of lossless audio in all languages.
>>
>>14377395

A little bit I guess
>>
>>14377395
Very
>>
>>14377405
>But it still probably won't convince me to install Origin
And yet you probably have Steam installed.
>>
>>14377995
ok
>>
>>14377998
>ok
ok
>>
>>14377395
No. I'll have to see a lot more to be convinced that the robots have more to them than just being big head mode like they were in the first game. Generic gunplay and somehow making mechs feel bland (oops mech is a dirty word) and no single player was just shocking. So far this is looking much better but not full price purchase better
>>
>>14377395
Titanfall 1 was fucking great for short sessions but it didn't have enough content for a full-price game. I played it whenever there was a beta, free weekend, trial etc. but never actually bought it.
>>
I am cautiously optimistic, still not sure what platform to get it on though.

PC has it's obvious advantages, but if I could play it on the PS4 VR as a HMD....just imagine the cockpit start up sequence in that set up.
>>
>>14377395
Who?
>>
>>14377995
>having the games client for the unquestionably largest PC digital distributor in the world installed on your computer
No fucking shit, Sherlock, everybody has Steam installed these days.
>>
>>14378291
>trusting the DRM jew
nah
>>
New one sure looks interesting, but after all years and EA bullshit i just stoped buy their games on my own principle. I just dont want to support anything associated with EA.
>>
>>14378342
>muh principle
>>
File: 8949849849498.jpg (33 KB, 600x886) Image search: [Google]
8949849849498.jpg
33 KB, 600x886
No.
Why can't we ever have games like this in an eastern design? Like DICE making a game out of Gundam? But not the way they turned Star Wars into a shooter were you can barely customize anything, more like Battlefield 4 Gundam.
I absolutely despise western mech design and whatever clunky, trashy atmosphere it carries with it.
>>
>>14378403
yes
>>
>>14377395
I am, first one was the most fun I've had in a CoD style shooter in years

>>14378435
Titanfall is made by a different development group than DICE actually
>>
>>14378483
try reading that post again amigo
>>
>>14378483
>Titanfall is made by a different development group than DICE actually
Never said or implied Titanfall is made by DICE.
>>
>>14378009
ok
>>
File: 1361784532418.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1361784532418.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>14378435
>he hates the Titan designs
>>
File: 1465765970722.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
1465765970722.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1440
>>14378533
how can anyone hate this good boy and his Large Son
>>
>>14378435

Western mech design is literally derivative of eastern designs.

Most of the western mecha design aesthetic can be traced to Battletech, which in turn ripped most of it's base content from Macross.

But Titanfall is still more reminiscent of eastern designs (IE having arms that work like fucking arms) than most mainstream western mech games.

But you know as well as I do that most westerners have a much stricter tendency to adhere to what they deem "realistic", and typically that doesn't count things like Gundam.

(which is bullshit though, because Transformers uses the same fuckin design philosophies as Gundam on many levels and is hugely popular, but that's because people nut for nostalgia and will forgive themselves for liking something that's "cheesy" under the guise of liking it ironically or "because it's bad".)
>>
C'mon, you know this doesn't belong here. They're totally not mechs, after all.
>>
Have they removed the smart pistol in this one? That thing was such horseshit in the first game.

Also why is Ogre so fucking useless?
>>
>>14379430

According to the Twitter, the Smart Pistol remains, but they've made unspecified modifications to how it functions.
>>
>>14378435
>Battlefield 4 Gundam.

So, instead of a Star Wars game without space battles and map customization and a severe case of same map syndrome, you want a Gundam with netcode problems out the ass, rubber-banding, a horrible lack of stability that takes over a year to fix, corrupted save files, instant kill bugs and frequent crashes, among other thing?
>>
>>14377395
If they allow for some cosmetic customization, then yeah I'd a bit more excited.
>>
>>14379442
Hopefully that means nerfing of some kind.
>>
>>14379492
What's there to nerf about it? The gun was totally useless outside attrition, frontier defense, and engagements in which you held the advantage already (enemy pilot unaware for example). Maybe a visual indicator for the pilot being locked might help but other than that it was in a pretty rough state already.
>>
>>14379463
Yeah
better than what we usually get
>>
>>14377395
Seems like they've covered most of the flaws in the original so it should be good.

Honestly curious about the plot.
>>
>>14378435
have...have you actually played titanfall? It's basically Lost Planet but with mild parkour.
>>
File: atm-09-st[1].jpg (13 KB, 308x380) Image search: [Google]
atm-09-st[1].jpg
13 KB, 308x380
>>14378435
>Why can't we ever have games like this in an eastern design

Titans are based on eastern designs dummy, just like Battletech's mechs
>>
>>14379430

What was wrong with the smart pistol? It took three shots to kill someone, and in any situation where you could get the full lock on, you could have just shot the guy normally with any other gun. Or shot him normally with the smart pistol.
>>
>>14379751
BT is basically the codifier for western mech design. Big, clumsy, bristling with firepower and invincible armor. Like a bipedal tank.

Eastern mechs are more agile, moving more like a human than a machine.
>>
>>14379782
The Rifleman was the Destroid Defender, bruh.
>>
>>14379809
BT turned Macross on it's head. Destroids are better than Valkyries.
>>
File: Dasher_II.jpg (144 KB, 486x526) Image search: [Google]
Dasher_II.jpg
144 KB, 486x526
>>14379782
>Eastern mechs are more agile, moving more like a human than a machine.

BT has plenty of GOTTA GO FAST things. There's a whole weight class full of them.
>>
>>14379782
>BT is basically the codifier for western mech design

You should really blame Mechwarrior for "big and clumsy", not Battletech, Mechwarrior is the reason we're never going to see an Atlas punch something so hard it explodes
>>
>>14379755
Probably an attrition only babby whining about the guy who had 100 grunt kills
>>
>>14379463
You really pulled some nonexistent issues out of your ass here. No Point made.
>>
>>14379782
>BT
nah m8
there's some fucking crazy fast/agile mechs in BT.

The vidya on the other hand...
>>
>>14379852
>BT has plenty of GOTTA GO FAST things. There's a whole weight class full of them.

>talking about Lights
>posts a Medium

fucking sharkfoxes
>a 400 fucking XXL
[profit intensifies]
>>
>>14382659
The RX-78 gundam had a running speed of 205 km/h.

The LCT-1V Locust has a top running speed of 130 km/h despite being one third of the RX's max weight.

Even the fastest BT mechs are damn slow compared to eastern mecha.
>>
>>14383109
Wasn't RX-78 top speed 165 km/h?
>>
>>14383109
Slap MASC on that LCT and hold on.
>>
>>14379901
>kodiak is supposed to have some fucking 40k power claw shit goin down

fucking mechwarrior ditching all the cool shit
>>
Yes I am very excited. I hope my PC runs it as well as it did the first game (Same engine)

All the Map and mode DLC is free
>>
>>14378342
All the DLC is free for this. Please support it, the business practices are actually good for this one. A lot better than 99% of other developers and publishers now.
>>
>>14383109
And yet both are still significantly faster than the supposed super-fast not-mecha of Titanfall.
>>
I'm tired of gundam babies

>YOUR ROBOT NEEDS TO GO REALLY REALLY FAST!1!1 VOTOMS? WTF IS THAT? WTF IS INDUSTRIAL MECHA?
>>
>>14384551
>ATs are as slow as a person walking
Nice try faggot, and these aren't mechs anyways :~)
>>
>>14384561
I don't think you've ever actually played the game and will just continue being upset one person on a hundred man team refers to them as Titans instead of mechs. Guess it's time to boycott gundam for them preferring to call them mobile suits instead of mechs.

Enjoy playing... whatever other mecha games are made anymore. Just imported gundam stuff I guess.
>>
>>14384525
>>14384520
We'll see, They are already saying that free DLC all the time is a big gamble, so they need to find a way to make money outside of it.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.