[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus this really is the wildly unnecessary and dumb Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 16
File: main.jpg (397 KB, 560x830) Image search: [Google]
main.jpg
397 KB, 560x830
Jesus this really is the wildly unnecessary and dumb Star Wars prequels origin of Darth Vader shit isn't it? I mean this whole thing has already been pretty terrible especially with the whole real Char Aznable body double garbage but to have him effectively initiate the OYW itself? I mean sure, the political climate was already heading in that direction and it was basically inevitable. But to actually have him plan and lead the attack that really sparked it is ludicrous parody.

Bravo Sunrise. I guess the entire universe revolves around Char.
>>
>14374876
>not liking origin

OP, maybe you would be better off on a different board, like /fa/ or /mlp/.
>>
>>14374876
It's not canon.
>>
>>14374876
>this really is the wildly unnecessary and dumb star wars prequel origins of Darth Vader shit

Nah it's so much better than that, it's like one movie of Half-Vader, then 2 movies of full fledged Darth Vader just fucking shit up. Also there's no lame "fall to the dark side", Char is just a psychopath, always was.

I can see how someone wouldn't like it, but I really enjoy the ridiculous Char wanking.
>>
>>14374910
Viewed as a non-canon alternative (which I understand is the intention) of just silly Char wank where he Chars as hard as a man can Char I can get why someone would like it.

But I just can't stop seeing it as a 0079 prequel and it does a huge disservice to 0079, the OYW and the character of Char from that perspective.
>>
>>14374919
>muh canon

Jeeze, westernerds really are insufferable no fun faggots.

Why don't you just, go back watching star wars or something.....
>>
>>14374919
Fucks up mobile suit development timeline, fucks with everyone's ages (desu, shifting everyone's age by 2 years makes the OYW better IMO), and it makes everything a bit too Char-centric.

Other than that, I love it. Char is the craziest motherfucker; scene where he was gonna kill the dude outside the bar was fucking great.
>>
>>14374919
Can we get a Zeta Origin full of Quattro wank where he Quattros as hard as a man can Quattro?
>>
>>14375508
No, what we really need is APA, Amuro's Preemptive Assault where Amuro Ray Rays as hard as a man can Ray, bridging the gap between ZZ and CCA.

Although, this might cause an unfortunate precedent and cause Banrise to make BMS - Banana's Mental Split, where we watch the Unicorn & psycho-frame technology get developed with Banana's cyber-newtype enhance torture going on in the background.
>>
>>14375508
>Zeta Origin
>in the early days of the AEUG they had a pilot named Quatto Bajeena who oddly enough looked a lot like Char
>Char comes along and befriends then backstabs him and steals his identity
>everyone in the AEUG sees right through this yet gives zero fucks
>>
>>14375525
>all these people look like Casval
>turns out they're all body-double clones of him with minor differences because Deikun was fucking nuts
>Casval has actually been killing himself all these years
>>
>>14375508
Unfortunately, instead of that there's a Define, where the Titans are Titaning as hard as men can Titan (also, Jerid gets yet another girlfriend), plus chances are that a hard-on for Haman will occur somewhere in that.
>>
File: 1443212872787.jpg (50 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
1443212872787.jpg
50 KB, 680x383
>>14374876
>I guess the entire universe revolves around Char

technically . .it does
>>
>>14375525
>>everyone in the AEUG sees right through this yet gives zero fucks because everyone in Zeta was dickbutts
ftfy

>>14375535
>>Casval has actually been killing himself all these years
BRRRROOOTTTTTHHHHERRRSS!
>>
File: commencing virtuous mission.png (134 KB, 562x234) Image search: [Google]
commencing virtuous mission.png
134 KB, 562x234
>>14375551
>>14375535
>BRRRROOOTTTTTHHHHERRRSS!
>>
>>14375551
I personally love that almost everyone is batsht insane by the time we reach Zeta
>>
>>14375535
>>14375551
>>14375577
>THE SUPER BABY METHOD
>>
>first teaser image is the Gendum
>make no plans to cover OYW, Char wank onry
BRAVO BANDAI
R
A
V
O

B
A
N
D
A
I
>>
God damn the whole complaint that "Char started the oyw" is fucking retarded. Origin clearly shows that the zabi's were always planning on fucking earth up with the mobile suits and what not, it's not like the OYW wouldn't have started if char didn't do that relatively minor fight in the colony.
>>
>>14376118
SUPER BABY METHOD?
>>
>>14374884
>like /fa/
Not being a connoisseur of /m/en's /fa/shion.

I bet you mother dresses (You).
>>
>>14374876
Have to think of it from their perspective. Thunderbolt kits weren't selling enough so they made a short four episode series for it AND re-issued the kits in slightly different colors with new box-art. My best guess is that they aren't selling enough Char-colored mobile suits as they planned.
>>
>>14374876
What fucking mobile suit is that?

>>14374884
Char's Counterattack 2: Electric Boogaloo is not what I wanted from Gundam The Origin. It's so boring.
>>
>>14376232

I think Thunderbolt kits sold well enough.

The first run of the kits came before any animation, and I think was made to test the waters, and they saw enough sales to warrant animation.

With Origin I think they know they're sitting on a gold mine. They can choose almost any period to animate and it would sell. Choosing prequel Char lets them come out with completely new kits that don't clash with existing HGUC or any Revive kits they might make
>>
>>14374876
>Shitting on Origin
God there really isn't one decent human being left on 4ch.
>>
>>14376346
Supposedly, Thunderbolt was always planned to be an OVA, much like Unicorn, so it isn't relevant if the manga kits didn't sold well enough by It's own.
>>
>>14374876
The Origin rocks; you just have bad taste.

Just wait for the glorious remake of the original 0079 gaki.
>>
File: 20160401162955a77.jpg (258 KB, 1500x946) Image search: [Google]
20160401162955a77.jpg
258 KB, 1500x946
>>14376285
YMS-03 Waff.
>>
They should remake Gundam 0079 already.

And give the RX-78-02 the original concept white color, and boost packs and armor upgrades during the series to create news toys to sell. Guntank and Guncannon should be upgraded later to new GM specialized units, like GM tank demolition unit, and GM cannon sniper. Creating new toys.

Also Char red units should be custom units. To create more toys. Also new custom prototype untis for the zeon forces too.

From this major retcon change, they should also remake Gundam Zeta with even more boost packs and armor upgrades to create even more Zeta variants.
>>
File: a.gif (214 KB, 400x170) Image search: [Google]
a.gif
214 KB, 400x170
>>14376440
>>
>>14376440
If you want to see 0079 remade then you missed the point of 0079.
>>
>>14374876
>Bravo Sunrise. I guess the entire universe revolves around Char.

Lol, Jesus man; Char (Amuro and flying cosmic swan) being at the center of the UC is standard operating procedure since what 1979 ? You've been in hibernation for a long long time.
>>
>>14376212
Oh, please. /fa/ has shit taste in fashion and overall aesthetic. They just imitate whatever 'artsy' meme-celebrity wears.

>shave half your head and mousse the rest
>long shirts
>the skinniest pants
>the fattest shoes
Congrats, you're /fa/ now.
>>
>>14375543
>Char
>drive
>>
>>14376681
I...I was gonna pull out my meme arrow quiver, then realized you're right.
Although the skinny pants thing is strongly debatable.

I was referring to /m/ fashion choices like muh Titans uniforms though.
>>
>>14374876

Dude, the war started years later. That stunt in the large scheme was less important than the incident with the Salamis. Even without the latter the Zabis were leading Side 3 to war. However i agree about the convenient look alike guy and the stolen identity. It's a trash plot and overcomlicates what was only a forged identity originally.
>>
File: Zero_Shiki_Zeta_Define.jpg (113 KB, 527x720) Image search: [Google]
Zero_Shiki_Zeta_Define.jpg
113 KB, 527x720
>>14375508
What >>14375541 said. Enjoy your Zero Shiki.
>>
File: Reishiki_A.jpg (916 KB, 1291x1824) Image search: [Google]
Reishiki_A.jpg
916 KB, 1291x1824
>>14376885
>>
>>14376885
Yuck
>>
File: Char and his Toyota.gif (4 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
Char and his Toyota.gif
4 MB, 371x209
>>14376685

>pic related

>>14376903

fuck off I actually like the thing, its way better than MUH ANTI BEAM COATING
>>
>>14374876
>Char did nothing wrong

But seriously I don't understand the fanbase of Gundam, all the Char/Zeon wanking and gushing.
>>
>>14376556
Bullshit.

First Gundam did not revolve around Char.
>>
Char is fine but I wish the Char clone cancer hasn´t spread toward other series.
>>
>>14377098
And that's why the federation will always be superior
>>
>>14374876

UC wins again.

Char is the shit.

Fuck off back to /a/ and keep watching Seed you 00s baby.
>>
My problem with Origin is more the Diekun family stuff like the character assassination of Zeon Diekun himself and them going out of their way to make a future society feel backwards
>>
>>14377550
Honestly Zeon Deikun being an Actually Crazy Person makes his entire philosophy make more sense.
>>
>>14377550
Zeon Deikun being batshit makes perfect sense considering most of UC goes out of its way to show just how fucking wrong he was about the whole peaceful newtype understanding space utopia bullshit.
>>
>>14378175
Too bad Origin OVAs didn't really show any of that utopia stuff, he seemed more like a revolutionary shouting for change at any cost than someone preaching about a new type of humanity and the need to leave mother earth alone.
>>
>>14378175
You don't need to be insane to be wrong, hell he was even partially right in that he did theorize that humanity would undergo a weird evolution. He was just naive.
>>
>>14378198
>You don't need to be insane to be wrong
You're right, but his ideals always sounded pretty fucking nutty to me. Especially in the context of any UC series.
>>
>>14378207
>>14378090
While I don't see why Earth would have to be abandoned completely, I also don't get why somebody having a philosophy of environmentalism and anti-imperialism automatically means somebody is mentally ill.
>>
>>14376989
Holy shit, anyone have a webm of this handy?
>>
>>14378207
How so? People were trying to adapt a new environment and discovering new horisons. It's a hopeful thing.
It's like saying that the American dream and democracy are nutty and George Washington was insane.
>>
File: 1419524020660.jpg (102 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1419524020660.jpg
102 KB, 600x600
>>14378217
>>14378207
>>14378090
Early, if you mean the new type space magic stuff, first off the space magic turned out to be real in the world of the universal century...

Secondly, I don't think it's too far fetched that if you learned that people were gonna start to be able to read minds....

that your first thought might be that people would start to understand each other and get along better....

instead of assume that all the mind readers would be turned into child soldiers piloting 60ft death machines and control drones that shoot lasers.

Zeon Diekun's only fault was that he wasn't aware that he lived in a children's cartoon specifically ABOUT child soldiers piloting 60 ft tall death machines and laser shooting drones. Well, that and maybe not watching his back around Degwin well enough.
>>
>>14376171
You realize that the final movie is going to end with the Gundam rising right?
>>
>>14378217
>Living in space is the future of all mankind! All of you Earthlings should stop killing the planet and join us here!
>And to prove how awesome it is here, Side 3 is going to declare independence! We'll clearly be able to survive by ourselves!
>Oh wait we couldn't waaaaahhhh why aren't you giving us free stuff anymore you're all big meanies waaaaaahhhhh

t. A mentally sound individual.
>>
File: 1458213290134.jpg (401 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
1458213290134.jpg
401 KB, 800x540
>>14378254
take it and go
>>
>>14378217
I'm referring to the "psychic spacenoid master race leading humanity to prosperity" part
>>
>>14378254
>>14378267
Of course, if you twist people's words everything is going to sound nutty.

>>14378254
You don't know how war works, do you?
It doesn't start because of ideologies. It starts because of economical reasons. There is some evidence that Side 3 was economically devloped. There are a lot of recourses in space.
Of course no country can completely sustain itself on its own. That's way their economical relations with Earth were important. If they felt
that the Federation was economically and politically opressing them and treating them unfairly they had the full right to be angry and want independence.

>>14378267
Saying something like that is a gross overexaggeration. It's about adapting to a new environment, developing your potential and making a full use of your abilities to improve your surroundings. I mean, why would else people even develop those sort of abilities in the first place. Newtype powers were supposed to make living in space easier.
Earth's recources were mostly exausted.
>>
I understand his reasoning in CCA now that I know Char is such a crazy fucker.
>>
File: lalah.jpg (986 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
lalah.jpg
986 KB, 1920x1080
Trailer for the next episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVPSq_fpKf4
>>
>>14374876

But consider this:

>More Kycilia
>>
My problem is that the orgin takes itself too seriously while half of the cast looks like goofy comedy cartoon characters, it's almost grimderp. The close ups of them screaming or yelling is outright hilarious. But too many people will defend this ova to death because MUH UC MUH 0079 MUH CHAR.

Didn't Tomino said the orgin is shit?
>>
>>14374876
>totally not Japan flecktarn
>totally not Type 89 rifle
Bandai is desperate
>>
File: 89.png (513 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
89.png
513 KB, 1280x720
>>14379508
>Still caring about Tomino
>Still desperately sucking his 74 years old crusty dick

Kek, what a fucktard

Oh, and your grammar sucks, you ESL homo
>>
>>14374876
I feel like char more or less initiating the OYW with Garma, is a really clumsy but direct way of getting him into his position of Zeon's big shot cool guy Ace, as well as cementing Garmas undying trust in him.

It kind of always felt like the OYW justification of him taking out some battleships wasn't enough to lend him as much power or trust from the zabis as it did.

It's really silly and clumsy but I can see what they're trying to do.
>>
>>14374876
I agree. I like the manga for its art, but its decision to elaborate on Char's background always felt tedious to me on principle, let alone the way it goes about it. The OVAs have nice presentation, at least.
>>
>>14374876
While I like the char stuff that jives with 0079 in origin, the retcons are disgusting
>>
>>14379616
>smug anime reaction image
>TOMINO DICK SUCKER strawman
>spoiler for no reason
>gramer nazi
>no actual argument
nice (you) you've got there
hope my gramer triggers your autism
>>
>>14378221

Zeon is nothing like American ideals.

First, America isn't about democracy. America has democratic elements, but the Founders feared the tyranny of the mob just as much they feared tyranny from the monarchy. If you want kinda-sorta democracy, the Federation already is one. In fact, the Federation system probably has something like the American Electoral College system, which allows for small numbers of Earthnoids to hold more power than large numbers of spacenoids

Second point, America is about freedom. Zeon is NOT. Many spacenoids were forced to move to the colonies, but instead of seeing this forceful relocation as wrong and reject it, Deikun ran with it and want to force EVERYBODY to move to space. This culminated in Char trying to force everyone into space by making the Earth uninhabitable

Third, America believes in equality, that all men are created equal with inalienable rights. Zeon obviously doesn't. Zeon believes spacenoids are the superior next stage of evolution, the master race.
>>
>>14379756
>Third, America believes in equality
Slavery, Jim Crow, anti-immigration laws, and American Exceptionalism in general would like to have a word with you.

Newtypism is literally nothing more than a mystical American Exceptionalism in space. Space is the promised land, people born there are superior than people born elsewhere for arbitrary reasons, and therefor everyone else ought to move to space.
>>
>>14379756
>Zeon is nothing like American ideals.
I was just using it as an example.I'm not arguing about America or democracy.
>Many spacenoids were forced to move to the colonies
by the Federaton
>but instead of seeing this forceful relocation as wrong and reject it, Deikun ran with it
Oh no,he was given lemons and he wanted to make lemonade instead of being a bitch. Literally worse than Hitler.
> and want (to force?) EVERYBODY to move to space
Earthnoids were destroying Earth's resources because of their laziness and shortsightedness.
>Zeon believes spacenoids are the master race
I don't believe Zeon(the person) actually said or would have said anything like that. This is pure demagogy used by (actually very few of?) his successors.

Stop trying to pretend that Zeon(the man or the people)'s ideals are wrong just because some people used the wrong means to achieve them or used them as an excuse to pursue their private interests.

Why should everything be either black or white for you guys?
>>
>>14379806
>immigration
>anything to do with equality
lol
>>
>>14379910
it's racist against rapists to want to have checks on immigration
>>
>>14379938

Go to bed Trump.
>>
>>14379806
>Slavery,
Abolished.
>Jim Crow,
Abolished
>anti-immigration laws,
Designed to keep criminals out and good people in.
>American Exceptionalism in general
Believing America is better doesn't mean we don't believe in equality, Eurotrash.
>>
>>14379508
>My problem is that the orgin takes itself too seriously while half of the cast looks like goofy comedy cartoon characters,

I love Yas' style and designs. Arion, Venus Wars, and Giant Gorg use a similar style while being serious dramas. It doesn't bother me.
>>
>>14379980

> America believes in equality
> repeatedly refuses to give Washington equal voting rights
>>
>>14380000
the only people who live there are politicians and black people and who wants either of them treated like equals
>>
>>14380012

So you believe in equality, so long as you can treat just the people you like as equals? Okay then. It's in the spirit of the founding fathers I guess.
>>
>>14379806

Slavery and Jim Crow were later repealed because you know, they were CONTRARY to American ideals.

As >>14379910 said, immigration and inequality are two different things.

American Exceptionalism isn't a founding principle. It's something Americans have argued about whether it even exists let alone a guiding principle since almost the beginning of the nation.

>>14379866
>I was just using it as an example
And I'm pointing out that it's a bad example. Zeon and American ideals are completely different. They're pretty much opposites of each other.

>Oh no,he was given lemons

So? Two wrongs don't make a right, and it still doesn't make Zeon anywhere close to America.

>Earthnoids were destroying Earth's resources because of their laziness and shortsightedness.

That does not give Zeon or anybody authority to forcefully remove them. Again, two wrongs don't make a right.

>I don't believe Zeon(the person) actually said or would have said anything like that

Believe all you want, but he did. Zeon is the one who pushed the idea of NewTypes, people who are the evolution of humanity, akin to humans with our tool use and bipedalism being evolved from our ape-like ancestors.

>Stop trying to pretend that Zeon(the man or the people)'s ideals are wrong

Who said it's wrong? I just pointed out that Zeon's ideals and America's are near opposites.

>Why should everything be either black or white for you guys?

Who said everything is black and white? Again, I just pointed out that Zeon and America are nothing alike.

Methinks you're the one who thinks in black and white, since you're getting so defensive with the possiblity that Zeon ideology might not be anything like American ideology (which in a black and white world, American ideology is "white")
>>
>>14380099
Stop derailing the thread with your American bullshit.

My example is not bad, because I wasn't comparing Zeon to America even though if I wanted to I could make a strong case. I was just saying that Zeon's ideals are just about as nutty as any other ideals like for example American ideals.

Also Zeon wasn't trying to "force" anyone to move to space. He was trying to encourage them to.

Additionally evolution has nothing to do with master race. Earthnoids could move to space and they or their ancestors could become Newtypes and thus be better suited for survival in the space age. No one said that Newtypes should "rule" over Oldtypes.

On a side note, are you actually retarded?
>>
>>14379866
>I don't believe Zeon(the person) actually said or would have said anything like that. This is pure demagogy used by (actually very few of?) his successors.

Origin Deikun obviously did. Jinba, Gihren and even Char all directly quote parts of his teachings about how 'Spacenoids are superior' in the manga.
>>
>>14379508
>Didn't Tomino said the orgin is shit?

Need sauce for this.
>>
>>14374876
But anon ,isn't this what most of us wanted , to see how Zeon came into being while shoving Zeonic and Char's Dick down your throat ?
>>
>>14379508
>takes itself too seriously while half of the cast looks like goofy comedy cartoon characters
I bet you're gonna have a hard time with most of the stuff made by these guys then:

>Tezuka
>Ishinomori
>Yokoyama
>Miyazaki
>Yuasa
>Mizuki
>Ashida
>Dezaki
>Nagai
>Ishikawa
etc.
>>
>>14376440
>They should remake Gundam 0079 already

THE MONKEY'S PAW HAS HEARD YOUR WISH
THE MONKEY'S PAW HAS GRANTED IT
>>
>>14379508
Lol you sound like the people in my department at school. Style means nothing in art as long as you make it work, which Yas does.
>>
>>14374876
On the one hand I have to give them credit for attempting what has been a 99% character driven operation. I mean it's a franchise about selling giant robutt toys. I have to respect the stones it took to do what they've done.

I just personally find it pretty dry. As a longtime Gundam fan, I like knowing what happens, but witnessing it so far hasn't been all that interesting.

I can't say I actually mind the idea of Char somehow being an important figure in catalyzing the war or whatever. However some of the shit is pretty silly. Child Char killing a grown man in a suit of armor was kind of a stretch. Child Char jumping into a mobile suit and wrecking a bunch of dudes was, imo, retarded. Next you're going to tell me that he was choking snakes in his crib as a baby. There was no need to make him a super soldier as a goddamn child; it just felt like a desperate attempt to shoehorn some kind of relevant combat scenes into the movie.
>>
>>14379527
>both replaced immediately afterwards with not!Werhmact uniforms and not!STG-44s
>>
>>14374902
Quite the contrary, it IS canon.

In fact, it's more canon that the timeline established by guide books and technical manuals you've familiarized yourself with after all this time by simple virtue that it's animated.

Even the Guntanks and Guncannons were reworked from their manga counterparts into early models to not contradict with the timeline proper.
>>
>>14378247
Actually, Origin is moving into the Loum arc after the final OVA in 2017.
>>
>>14379508
>Didn't Tomino said the orgin is shit?
No, but I bet you read that on /m/.
>>
>>14379508
No he said that about G-Reco.
>>
>>14386635
I do recall in one of the interviews he pretty much said "it ain't mine it ain't right" about all gundam series, in the same interview where he stated G-reco is 500 years after Turn-A, triggering gundam timeline autists all over /m/
>>14386655
>No he said that about G-Reco.
as mentioned above, him shitting on his own recent work sounds pretty retarded.
>>
>>14374884
I'm not a fan of the origin ova either. Instead of just doing a modernly animated 0079 they give us this char shit.
>>
>Zeon and America
Literally what? Zeon is clearly a mix of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan.
The scene where Girhen starts rallying the crowd and everyone screams "SIEG ZEON" is something you see during EVERY Hitler speech.
>>
>>14380276
>Need sauce for this.
Google "Tomino said G-Reco takes place 500 years after Turn A".
>>
>Gundam shows made by other people are crap, including Origin
by Yoshiyuki Tomino
>>
>>14386721
>him shitting on his own recent work sounds pretty retarded
Welcome to Tominoland.
>>
File: CSdwomVWEAAQ6WQ.jpg:orig.jpg (47 KB, 800x493) Image search: [Google]
CSdwomVWEAAQ6WQ.jpg:orig.jpg
47 KB, 800x493
>>14391663
>>
>>14379980
>>14379980
>Believing America is better doesn't mean we don't believe in equality, Eurotrash.

do you just not think before you post or what?
>>
>>14391605
I'm enjoying it for everyone who isn't Char.
>>
>>14376184
The show plainly states that while the political climate was leading to Zeon declaring war regardless Char's Dawn Rebellion is considered to be the spark that igniting the kindling.

Shit was already fucked but Char assassinated Franz Ferdinand.
>>
>>14375543
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxqvuFyRO8o
>>
>>14374876

The hilarious part is that Char helped kick off the One Year War as part of his elaborate dick plan. He is directly responsible for the death of billions that followed.

It's like you were one of Hitler's best friends, and was the guy who went "Let's march on Berlin!" during the Beerhall Putsch. Sure you weren't the leader, but you helped kick shit off.
>>
>>14374884

You must be a fucking idiot. Even Tomino himself said that the origin is garbage. He knew that origin is just as canon as star wars the expanded universe. Nobody gives a shit except Yaz cocksuckers like you
>>
>>14403546
>Char is responsible
Man, all the political actions in this life are caused by economical reasons.
If there would be no Char, someone else would get his shit together and try to take over Feddie base.
>>
>>14379980
>Believing America is better doesn't mean we don't believe in equality
>We believe our country is better than everybody else but that doesn't mean that we shun equality

Some are more equal than others, I guess.
>>
>>14379866
>Why should everything be either black or white for you guys?

But anon, that's what Gundam is.

You can tout the merits of Zeon until you're blue in the face, it's Space Nazi Japs who have no qualms killing billions of people against an American/Allied analogue. Gundam's always been black and white.
>>
>>14403565
>MUH TOMINO WORDS IS GOSPEL
>Nobody gives a shit except Yaz cocksuckers
Yeah, those nobodies sure are rich enough to buy multiple copies of the OVAs and manga to the point that the OVAs were one of the top selling anime of the period and the Origin manga was selling well enough that western publishers actually saw the potential to bring it over as well, which also managed to sell well too.

Such nobodies, indeed.

Man, you are one pathetic faggot.
>>
>dumbshit Salamis crew decide to be obstinate for no reason and fly bow-first down an exit lane, all so a minor scrape against a liner can inexplicably cause their engine to detonate and turbocharge them into an agricultural block when in the original all that happened was that the block got hit by an undetected meteoroid

Why?
>>
>>14404622
To make the Federation look bad, of course.
>>
>>14403565
>>14404365
>Tominofags vs. Yasfags

Why, why must you argue with one another over this and not just like both regardless of whatever flawed works/words they have (wait, this is /m/) ? It's a pretty much known comment from Tomino regarding non-involved Gundam works; then again, all this might also be the usual tounge-in-cheek humor he's known for doing in interviews. It's also rather ambiguous whether or not he was referring to the manga/ova/both regarding the context of "including Origin" (which may not even matter anyways taking the prior point into consideration).
>>
>>14404625
The federation's pretty shit to begin with.

Zeon's worse, but the Federation is pretty much helmed by incompetent retards or corrupt twats.
>>
>>14406196
I'm convinced that the Federation just gets worse over time because all of its more reasonable leaders and members just kept getting killed off.
>Revil in the OYW
>Kowen in the Delaz Crisis
>Blex Forer AEUG technically counts as Feddie, right? Gryps is essentially a Federation civil war in the Gryps Conflict
>Hayato Karaba also counts, right? in the First Neo Zeon War
>Amuro in the Second Neo Zeon War
I'm willing to bet that if Revil didn't get hit by the Solar Ray he'd have been able to reform the Federation, considering his political clout and military success.
>>
>>14406243
True, but even then, those leaders and authority figures were few and far inbetween, and many of them didn't get a chance to be awesome until the OYW started.
>>
Read the manga you stupid faggots.
>>
>>14406243

> Hayato
> Amuro
> leaders

I also doubt Kowen could have done much given that Jamitov was able to power play him.
>>
>>14406406
If there's anything I'll give the OVAs, it's that it at least has nice character animation. Hell, most of the recent Gundams so far have pretty nice 2D animation like Thunderbolt and G-Reco. It seems like Sunrise also got the memo and finally gave the characters for all of these series movable jaws for when they talk, with even IBO among them IIR.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.