[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FSS Translations, asking for opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Book XII - Rough Cover rs.jpg (2 MB, 1776x2200) Image search: [Google]
Book XII - Rough Cover rs.jpg
2 MB, 1776x2200
The past few weeks I've been toying with the idea of commissioning someone to translate Vols 11 to 13 of The Five Star Stories. I know a couple people by-proxy that might be willing but I've never undertaken anything like this. I'll probobly be getting the books and scanning themselves so the translators would only (I know, I have no idea what it takes to do this kind of work) need to translate and typeset.

Right now I'm just looking at doing 11-13 of the original set, not thinking of the reboot(?) for now.

Don't know if this will be interesting to anyone at this point but I thought I'd put it out there for input.
>>
>>14368572
11 and 12 are already scanned and reboot is just a re-release of the old volumes.
>>
>>14368587
11 and 12 are scanned but I think they're from Newtype, kinda want to do my own anyway. Good to know about the reboot though.
>>
>>14368572
I remember there was a guy who translated a couple chapters a long time back. Never went any farther though. It'd be amazing to have the rest.
>>
>>14368674
I've got those up on Archive Scans now, I think.
>>
>>14368572
If you do this, I will sacrifice a goat in your name
>>
Well, if you do, I would read the fuck out it.
>>
File: 63.jpg (2 MB, 2736x3522) Image search: [Google]
63.jpg
2 MB, 2736x3522
>>14368572
Highly recommend you talk to some of the guys on the Gears Online Forum. There's a good amount of people there who are fluent in Japanese, and they themselves have scanned quite a few FSS books in order to make their online guide. It's not as active as what it used to be because of Nagano's constant delays, but there are still people there who are currently scanning the monthly Newtype releases of FSS.
>>
>>14371260
The most worrying thing from the scans I've seen is all the constant terminology and fucked up german.
>>
>>14371260
I'll be checking with Gears Online too.

>>14371364
If I do this I'm hoping the translator will be willing to check with me or the already translated volumes.
>>
File: 1398225867256.gif (158 KB, 835x723) Image search: [Google]
1398225867256.gif
158 KB, 835x723
>>14368572
I've been hoping for something like this for years. You're doing god's work OP.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.