[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watches Votoms >Suddenly Newtype noise ????
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: New type noise.png (342 KB, 642x484) Image search: [Google]
New type noise.png
342 KB, 642x484
>Watches Votoms
>Suddenly Newtype noise
????
>>
>>14364226
You watch enough Sunrise series, you'll start to notice other sounds that get recycled.

I seem to recall Ideon and MSG shared quite a few sound effects.
>>
They use the same Vulcan noise as well.
>>
>>14364233
iirc Fist of the North Star uses some of that library too
>>
>watches Dragon Ball
>Suddenly newtype noise
>>
>>14364236
One of the weirdest ones I've ever noticed - one of the sounds use for travel to Byston Well in Dunbine was previously used in the old animated movie version of The Hobbit for Sting. (Which makes some sense given Rankin-Bass outsourced to Japanese animators for the movie, but still...made for a Hell of a throwback moment watching Dunbine.)
>>
>>14364233
A favorite one of mine is the PKE meter noise used in the 80s Ghostbusters cartoon that occasionally pops up in anime.
>>
>Watch NGE
>Hear sound effects from Mega Man Legends

I know it's the other way around, but man was that ever trippy when I was 14.
>>
You can probably hear the radar warning beep from Gundam in at least five other anime, and one of them isn't even /m/.
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (164 KB, 632x468) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
164 KB, 632x468
>>14364226

Macross has the newtype noise sometimes, too. Also, the Gundam sound alarm noise.
>>
I noticed that a lot of motw shows have monsters with Godzilla's roar.
>>
https://youtu.be/x3uCmVtudjg?t=1138
>>
>>14364437
or other Toho monsters, yeah
>>
>>14364262
The sound Zeorymer makes whenever its balls flash is the same sound effect used in Ghostbusters when they turn on their Proton Packs.
>>
I always double take whenever doors in anime used the same sound they used in Doom.
>>
>>14364501
????
>>
There's a sound catalog that's associated with Sunrise that was featured in a number of shows. You even hear them pop up in City Hunter.

I saw a guy do a presentation on it a few years ago at AX; it's actually hard to un-notice once that particular bell gets rung.
>>
>>14365181
Open the link to the video, you will hear the Newtype sound.
>>
>>14364233
I've gotten to a point where I can recognize a lot of generic "mecha moving" sounds between shows. I think I have a problem.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhshEr2aKzg
>>
>Play San Andreas
>hear newtype sound
>>
File: 1374041025690.jpg (175 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
1374041025690.jpg
175 KB, 666x500
>>14364226
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>14364226
Sound effects almost universally come from liscenced sound effect libraries. I guarentee you that most sound effects that you associate with certain shows/movies/videogames were not original to that work. It's normal to hear the same sounds in other works. Hearing unique sounds is actually surprising.

tl;dr it's not a 'newtype noise' it's a generic sound effect.
>>
>plays GTA San Andreas
>newtype noise in the main theme
????
>>
>>14364226
Recently, it was used frequently in Yokai Watch to indicate supernatural happenings
>>
>>14370387
Well it pops up in many shounen anime too. Think YuYu Hakusho and DBZ.
>>
>Watch Machine Robo
>hear SRW's sound for Hotblood when he puts his mask
ayy
>>
>>14364226
>be new to anime
>first realize anime share an sfx library

okay
>>
>watch Haruhi
>hear Amuro say "ikimasu!"
>>
>>14364251
The Japanese animators that worked on that movie eventually formed the animation company that worked on Nausicaa and later became Studio Ghibli. Interesting stuff...
>>
>>14371589
so became the most overrated studio ever
>>
It's called a Flexatone and it's a weird novelty instrument probably mostly intended for street hawkers to attract attention.
>>
>>14364501
Why did the original look so much better than the DEEN one?
>>
>>14372473
>DEEN

You answered your own question there.
>>
File: but why.jpg (50 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
but why.jpg
50 KB, 720x480
>>14366726

They used that thing all the fucking time in Dragon Ball when they would sense something behind them or badguys about to do a big attack.
>>
>>14372500
I flubbed it. I meant why does the DEEN anime look so much better than the Madhouse one?
>>
>>14372646
Animation on cels? Granted, the OVAs did steadily get worse in visual quality.
>>
>Watch F91
>Suddenly Star Wars music
>>
>>14370316
kek
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.