[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished ZZ and the last episode was honestly extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: charasoondeath.jpg (42 KB, 641x429) Image search: [Google]
charasoondeath.jpg
42 KB, 641x429
I just finished ZZ and the last episode was honestly extremely disappointing. The only thing I was even remotely excited by was the reveal that Chara has no nipples.

All in all, I think that the show isn't as bad as people say it is, and for a while I actually enjoyed it more than I did Zeta after getting past the supremely autistic attempts at begin comedic at the beginning. Unfortunately the earth stuff seemed to drag on for too long and the ending seemed to be rushed to all hell with the deaths of the main antagonists being fairly uneventful.

What are your thoughts on ZZ, /m/?
>>
Wait, so you enjoyed it more than Zeta while it was being a crappier version of Zeta? I can't make much sense of that man.
>>
>>14358105

I liked the early parts of the serious half.

I really wasn't too fond of zeta until the last few episodes as I found almost the entire cast to be completely unlikable and I was happy when so much of it was finally killed off. Had ZZ ended sooner I probably would have enjoyed it more than Zeta as a whole because I genuinely enjoyed seeing most of the cast but the dragging earth plot and rushed ending soured it for me.
>>
>>14358137
I rarely, if ever, want fictional characters to die in fiction. I don't mind them fucking off forever but I get no catharsis from seeing someone I don't like die, unless it specifically serves a purpose within a narrative.

For example, in Berserk, I'd really like to see Griffith die. But I didn't want Katz to die, I just wanted someone to beat the shit out of him and send him back to Earth where he can't get anyone else trapped in his fatally retarded antics.
>>
File: 0sGpxqr.png (121 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
0sGpxqr.png
121 KB, 500x375
Haman felt like a let down. Her plot with Judeau was boring.
Chara shouldn't have died, but female cyber newtypes getting shafted is par for the course.
Puru Two could have been a much better character.
Kamille could have gotten a more concrete ending.

It was alright, I guess.
>>
The first 20 episodes of ZZ are the bet thing in the entire Gundam franchise. It is easily twice as good as Zeta.

Zeta: 4/10
ZZ: 8/10
>>
File: 010110019221.png (242 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
010110019221.png
242 KB, 640x480
>>14359090
That's because Haman herself is boring and overrated.

She's Lacus for UCfags
>>
>>14358094
>supremely autistic attempts at being comedic at the beginning
What does that even mean? I know 'autistic' is 4chan's go-to buzzword but that doesn't even make SENSE here.
>>
>>14358192
Did you REALLY watch it?

Because your complaint ia the same half informed bullshit about the "cast is unlikable" that every shit poster uses.
The ZZ cast was WAY more annoying. I liked them, but they were not very interesting or well defined comparatively.

For fucks sake Katz really wasn't that irritating, something about this argument has always annoyed me, it's like you have no idea what truly awful annoying characters are.
>>
>>14358192
Sorry i meant to respond to
>>14358137
My bad.
>>
>>14359152
This looks like an alternate universe where Haman didn't suicide and is about to be descended upon by stampede of horny niggers is some Feddie Guantanamo
>>
>>14358094
I thought it was all fine honestly. I liked the comedy and the serious parts as well.
>>
File: 1441623531857.jpg (518 KB, 1280x813) Image search: [Google]
1441623531857.jpg
518 KB, 1280x813
>>14359207
>something about this argument has always annoyed me

It's likely due to the fact that everyone who whines about Katz is somehow totally oblivious to the fact that he's a direct parallel to 0079 Amuro, who also liked to make stupid bullshit risks by taking the Gundam out when the situation didn't really call for it. Or hell, that one time he walked off White Base entirely for a couple days. Bullshit that would surely have ruined the WB entirely had he not been so lucky.
>>
>>14358094
It's alrighter than Zeta
>>
>>14358105
>crappier version of Zeta
It's Zeta without the edge and autism
>>
Oh lord... ZZ was awful.. Im a huge Haman fanboy but the show was just.. guuh.

Judau was awful the only thing trumping him was how terribad Mondo and Beecha where. Elle and Roux where just there for the hell of it and Chara was just.. ... wtf??
>>
>>14358094
I've been rewatching the series and I'm enjoying the shit out of it, although I'm around episode 27 right now so it's possible it'll shit the bed

The pacing and the stories they're telling feel very much like MSG, especially with the one-off episodes about the random earth people who get involved with the Argama and the Gundam Team

Also Judau has got the best harem in all of Gundam which is neat
>>
>>14358105
I don't like ZZ or Zeta, but claiming that ZZ is better is nothing but pure contrarianism from my view. It just makes no sense at all as they are literally the same thing but ZZ is worse in every single way, by a significant margin.
>>
It's pretty shit. I am a sucker for Roux, though.
>>
I really like this episode, and this moment in particular. The image is goofy but it honestly feels like a passing of the torch moment, and the fact that it happens before the Dublin colony drop seems to indicate that shit is getting real

Hayato grieving for Katz was great too
>>
>>14359152
>She's Lacus for UCfags

Go fuck yourself. She's not a 2D portrait of mai hime pop princess.
>>
File: why so butthurt.png (2 MB, 1061x1600) Image search: [Google]
why so butthurt.png
2 MB, 1061x1600
>>14360744
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.